• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh Yeah We’re Going Again, But I’m Not Telling You Yet When! 1/27/15 Prayers Please

I am going to post an update shortly, so making these responses short. I finally found the few pics I have of the children's time at DQ, so I will repost that update with all of the pics now. I know quite a few of you had read my original post, so bear with me.

Lisa is feeling well, she has had some abnormal bleeding and bruising, so we are taking it seriously due to the coumadin. Her new wheelchair came yesterday after THIRTEEN months of needing a new one (insurance will only pay every 3-5 years, so not good for a growing child)!! She LOVES it! :yay: Me too!! I need to find a wheelchair bag with personality for her, this one doesn't come with one.

DEFINITELY SAYING PRAYERS FOR LISA!

Wow! That's a heckofa nice looking house! Lots of space to eat, sleep and hang out. I would be willing to bet that those contorted face pictures would have us all in stitches.

Thanks for the link to the citrus showcase. As I suspected, that's the place that we drive by on our way to Disney and then back home. We've never stopped there but I feel like we may need to change that.
The house was great, we were comfortable and LOVED having a pool to ourselves!

I HIGHLY recommend the SOC, they were so kind and friendly and the oranges were scrumptious!
That house is beautiful! The last we were down in Disney we also stayed at a house that was very similar.

The showcase of citrus seems really nice and I think we may try to stop there in September! :cool1:

We are all good here Faith's MRI came back clean so now we are just adding more exercise into her routine to see if that helps improve her symptoms. If we do not have success with that then she will have a cath in the fall to see if she has maybe developed lung disease. So in short we are hoping to see improvements with the increased exercise!
I would love the link to the house you stayed in!!

Thank God for a clean heart MRI!! Because of Lisa's mitral valve implant they can't do an MRI on her heart, too much artifact, but the ones I have seen reveal such a great pic! Praying she will NOT need a cath any time soon, hope the exercise helps!!!
Judy - were your ears burning Sunday evening about 6pm??? I was taking care of a little girl at work who is waiting for information about a wish trip being approved to Disney and they hope to stay at GKTW , go to Disney parks, SeaWorld etc so I was being a bad nurse and letting my coworkers do my job for a few minutes (it was a slow time, very ODD) so that I could tell them about your posts with info and pics about Lisa's wish trip (no personal info). I told them about the activities at GKTW and how much you all love the place plus how a wish kid is taken care of at Disney (or supposed to be, I remember you had some issues).I was also able to give them info I have gleaned from your posts plus others about things at Disney that would help them the trip easier (health wise) so my thanks goes you to you and so many others that travel to Disney with medically fragile kids! They have never been to Disney are so excited, it sounds like they have been told they will be approved but its not official yet.

But talking about it made me realize I REALLY want to go back soon, so I feel pretty sure that a trip is about to form in my mind, I won't be until spring 2015 since I have a trip planned to Las Vegas in the fall..............and I do have to work every once in a while :rotfl:
I promise you, the best medicine is a trip away!! No one can really understand the stress of a chronic life threatening illness until they experience that with a child. Being able to get away has kept me somewhat sane (I said SOMEWHAT :rotfl2:).
I'm so sorry that there was scary stuff going on with Lisa. I will definitely be keeping you and Lisa in my prayers. (((HUG)))
God Bless you Erika, Thank you!!
I hope Princess Lisa is doing much better today, please keep everyone updated, I am sure everyone on this thread is praying!
Thank you Deborah! I know many will/have. :goodvibes
Just a quick post, I need to finish picking up around the house. Annabelle and I just got back from spending a week in Williamsburg with my mom, sisters, and nieces but I wanted to come by and check on things. (I skimmed what I had missed)

Praying for your family especially Lisa and You!

The pictures are beautiful! That house looks amazing! I will have to remember about the Citrus place next May when we drive down.

Prayers for all in need.
What a fun trip to Williamsburg! When are you going in May? I think Annabelle would LOVE SOC!!!
We had an awesome day on Saturday!!! First up was Gilroy Gardens. A really fun park geared more for the younger kids so there's very little James can't ride. Then we decided last minute (before we left for Gilroy) to go to Roaring Camp Railroads and do the Day out with Thomas. We got to ride the last train of the day and then get a picture with the full sized Thomas!! James was in love with the whole thing!!!! He is my train loving little boy!! Then we decided to meet up with my brother in law at Great America!!!! Thank goodness we have a season pass that covers both Gilroy Gardens and Great America!! By the time we got home we were all exhausted but it was a day filled with fun!!

I hope Lisa had a great time and I would love to see her nails. Prayers for Lisa with whatever is going on. :grouphug:
Oh my Sandra, what a great weekend!! You must have been exhausted!! Christian used to LOVE Thomas! David liked him okay, but MUCH preferred "real" trains...he still does!

Tracy missed our first full day in Florida, so I wanted to backtrack just a bit. After LOTS of discussion and planning, it was decided the children would do Disney Quest and the adults would take care of business!

file_zpsdf1280dc.jpg

There must ALWAYS be the obligatory photo when heading to any place on Disney property.

file_zpsb72c9475.jpg

I am pretty good at taking backwards pics in the car. I hold the camera up over my head and say cheese...the children oblige and the pic is usually as good or better than if I had looked.

file_zpsc7d31005.jpg

The one and only time Lisa has wanted to try out Disney Quest...yes, Pete and I were childless for the first time in forever...

file_zps2de984a9.jpg

Oh WAIT!!! Tracy WAS our fifth child this week!! Love her!! :love:

We headed to one of our favorite food stops, Earl of Sandwich and decided to eat inside, a first for us, we usually grab and go. I don’t know if it was because the children were’t with us, but it just didn't taste as good that day, very disappointing for me. I hope somewhere on my computer are more pics of this day, because I had very few in this group, mostly hat pics and a few scenery.

After lunch we went to Guest services to take care of tickets, that took over an HOUR; but, they gave us free FP+ to any two attractions of our choice one day.

file_zps2ad6b377.jpg

file_zpsb4628592.jpg

We headed to World of Disney where we took MANY obligatory hat pics!

file_zpsf7c3f9bd.jpg

Pete is always a bit Goofy!

file_zps6486c5c8.jpg

I was in a Wheelchair all week (the precursor to my tendonitis diagnosis). It definitely gives you a different perspective, which was good for me to experience since Lisa needs a Wheelchair for distance.

file_zps85cfac9b.jpg

file_zps4e2fae76.jpg

file_zps857fbde3.jpg

file_zps66200b20.jpg

file_zps5fddaa18.jpg

file_zps6f401e18.jpg

Tracy bought some ears she loved and they matched her personalty and bag.

We left DTD and went to the grocery store on our way home, three men in the house, you need food!

We relaxed a bit, then headed out for dinner at a delicious Steakhouse (I have NO idea what I did with my pics from this, hope I find them). I confess, I felt VERY guilty about this because of Lisa and her love of meat, but I could never have afforded it if all four children were with us! We made it up to them later in the week.

file_zpsd4586f67.jpg

The only picture I can find from our dinner. These rolls were delicious!

Shortly after dinner we got a call they were ready to come home, Lisa was exhausted.

file_zps383cf319.jpg

A night picture on our way to pick up my sweeties for the evening.

They had a GREAT time and took very good care of their baby sister (and each other). Lisa had fun,but said she didn’t need to go back, next time she wanted to stay with Pete and I (and NO, she didn’t know about missing the steak dinner, lol). :rotfl2:

Christian, David, Rachel and Lisa went to Disney Quest while the "adults" took care of business. Christian had charge of the camera.

file_zpse6956001.jpg

file_zpse2469464.jpg

file_zpsc4f8e585.jpg

file_zpsefb15a92.jpg

file_zpsc1b4862e.jpg

file_zps7709b419.jpg

Lisa couldn't believe how big the pizza was...and they got TWO!

file_zpsb78b0165.jpg

file_zps16a65d5b.jpg

file_zpsbe575f94.jpg

file_zpsa47ace4b.jpg

file_zpsd4121c50.jpg

She is as tired as she looks!

file_zps8d4f4e8f.jpg

file_zpsbbd5c6e7.jpg

file_zps728160ca.jpg

file_zpsc4ee9da3.jpg

file_zps1596380b.jpg

file_zps669918c9.jpg

file_zpsf883ca20.jpg

. Her new wheelchair came yesterday after THIRTEEN months of needing a new one (insurance will only pay every 3-5 years, so not good for a growing child)!! She LOVES it! :yay: Me too!! I need to find a wheelchair bag with personality for her, this one doesn't come with one.

:banana::banana::banana: For the new wheelchair!!!! I am so happy that you were able to get one after needing a new one for so long, you would think for kids that they would have a better policy. :confused3 I mean they do grow a lot within 1 year forgot 3-5. But none the less I am glad that it came.

What a fun trip to Williamsburg! When are you going in May? I think Annabelle would LOVE SOC!!!

We are doing something a little different in May and going on a cruise. It leaves May 4 so we will probably head down a day or two early.

Looks like you guys had a great first day! What kind of dessert had the M&Ms on top?

I didn't like Earl of Sandwich my last time being there either.

Continued prayers, better go before the laptop dies.

:banana::banana::banana: For the new wheelchair!!!! I am so happy that you were able to get one after needing a new one for so long, you would think for kids that they would have a better policy. :confused3 I mean they do grow a lot within 1 year forgot 3-5. But none the less I am glad that it came.

I get very frustrated about the W/C rules. Lisa LOVES the chair it is hot pink and sparkles in the sun!!

We still need to get a few things for her: wheelchair gloves if she pushes it much, a bag for the back of the wheelchair, hopefully I can find one with personality, a new cup holder. She has these GREAT cup holders that have been discontinued. I might try to make them from the pattern of the holder, it is cloth. I would LOVE to get her some bike wheel lights in pink, but they were pricey. I always say if you have to ride, you should ride in style! :thumbsup2

We are doing something a little different in May and going on a cruise. It leaves May 4 so we will probably head down a day or two early.

Looks like you guys had a great first day! What kind of dessert had the M&Ms on top?

I didn't like Earl of Sandwich my last time being there either.

Continued prayers, better go before the laptop dies.

Oh wow, my dream is a cruise!! Pete and I had planned to have one after Christian was born...Pete got one to the Gulf War, I stayed home with the baby. I am SOOOO happy for you!! :banana:

I THINK the M&M's was a brownie? I would ask the guys, but they aren't home. They all split the desserts, pizza and drinks, they used their Gift Cards to buy two of everything and they took snacks as well. Frugal is us, lol.

So sad to hear you had disappointment at EOS as well...maybe time to try the food trucks...:confused3

Thank you for the prayers. :goodvibes

I agree with this whole heartily! :)

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:love::love::thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

SO happy that Lisa got a new wheelchair! And it's pink, my favorite color!

I didn't know they had that red velvet cupcake at DisneyQuest! I get the same one at Starring Rolls at DHS and it is my FAVORITE.

It looks like a wonderful first day!!

Oh my Sandra, what a great weekend!! You must have been exhausted!! Christian used to LOVE Thomas! David liked him okay, but MUCH preferred "real" trains...he still does!

It was a great weekend. I was so glad that the only place we had to go on Sunday was the grocery store!! If we didn't need milk I wouldn't have gone. :rotfl: James is about anything and everything trains. But of course being 3 1/2years old Thomas and Chuggington is very popular right now. We're hoping next year to get a member ship to the train museum in Sacramento again. Last time we went James was about 2 and he loved seeing all the big trains.

Yeah for the new wheelchair!!! Glad it finally came in!!!

What a great first day. I'm so glad you got some time with out the kids and that they had a great time together as well.

I just answered you and Sandra and my computer froze up! Let me do this one at a time.
SO happy that Lisa got a new wheelchair! And it's pink, my favorite color!

I didn't know they had that red velvet cupcake at DisneyQuest! I get the same one at Starring Rolls at DHS and it is my FAVORITE.

It looks like a wonderful first day!!
Lisa LOVES her new chair, the first thing she wanted to do was take it outside and wheel around the cul-de-sac to see it sparkle!!

They al loved that cupcake! It was Rachel's favorite, she isn't much of a cake eater (but loves brownies). Good to know it is at DHS!

It WAS a great first day! Odd to not have the girls (especially Lisa) but we all had fun. :thumbsup2

Yay for Lisa FINALLY getting a new wheelchair! It sounds like it's just as fun and sparkly as she is. You'll have it blinged out in no time.

As far as the Disney trip report....well, it looks like both parties enjoyed their time together. You can tell by the pictures that the kids enjoyed themselves at Disney Quest. I can't believe that they sat by that railing though. It made me queasy just walking by it and seeing down. :crazy2:

Don't feel guilty at all for a nice meal with the adults. You do a whole lot for your family and you deserve some adult time. I am sure that the kids would agree.

Judy I am so happy you are all going on another trip. I took a Dis break as I was feeling overwelmed but I am back.

YAY for the sparkling, new wheelchair!! I can't believe the wait is 3-5 years between wheelchairs. That's rather for ridiculous when you have a growing child.

That red velvet cupcake looks delicious!! I just love trying out the different cupcakes in the Disney parks. My personal favorite is the Butterfinger cupcake. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

I hope you have a lovely day!:goodvibes

Oh wow, my dream is a cruise!! Pete and I had planned to have one after Christian was born...Pete got one to the Gulf War, I stayed home with the baby. I am SOOOO happy for you!! :banana:

I THINK the M&M's was a brownie? I would ask the guys, but they aren't home. They all split the desserts, pizza and drinks, they used their Gift Cards to buy two of everything and they took snacks as well. Frugal is us, lol.

So sad to hear you had disappointment at EOS as well...maybe time to try the food trucks...:confused3

Thank you for the prayers. :goodvibes

Thank you, we are excited about trying something new! Maybe one day you will be able to go.

It looked really good whatever it was. :goodvibes

I didn't get to say last time but YAY for Lisa getting a new wheelchair!

I hope you have a good weekend and week. My cousin is coming in for a visit Mon-Thurs Next week with her two boys. We are very close and only a day apart in age. I am so excited!!! I have never seen her youngest in person yet.

Praying.

Judy, thanks for posting the photos of Disney Quest day, love them.

Glad Lisa finally got her new wheelchair, it was quite a while ago I remember you talking about going to test them out. and a Sparkly Pink one sounds like it is a fit for Lisa!

I've been super busy but I'm going to try to post some more photos from Showcase of Citrus tonight, stay tuned.

The next part of the day at showcase of Citrus was the 'Monster truck' ride.

You get a good view from this high truck, (they back it up to stairs so it's not too hard getting in and out at the beginning or end of the ride, but a bit difficult in the middle of the ride.)

It's a tour around their property, you get to see some orange trees.
We saw some sandhill cranes (which I see in the summer time at home, so kind of neat to see them where they go for the winter.)

We drove through some big puddles:

And Lisa got to drive!!!

I'm sure Judy has some much better photos than I got, she was closer to Lisa than me.

They also had some exotic animals that we got to feed (we threw oranges from the truck)

It was a fun ride, our driver was great (and cute!)

We ended the day picking some oranges and trying out some things from the shop.

Orange picking was fun, and we took home a couple bags and they were really, really good!

They had hot sauces you could try (They guys and Rachel did) and We bought some different jerky to try, I should have taken photos of that. There was, like alligator jerky and a couple other kinds. My memory isn't so good.

The citrus place looks really cool, I have been traveling to Florida for ....umm, we won't talk about that many years but ALOT of years and never knew about this place, it looks like a fun place for me to check out on my next trip esp if I bring my little muchkin Mason with me, he is 6 now and would love it!

I don't have a trip to Disney planned, if I see many more pictures from DisNorth and Judy I am afraid a trip is going to form in my mind.........VERY AFRAID:rotfl: Some of my best trip plans happen in the middle of the night when I can't sleep so maybe I should take some Benadryl tonight ;) so I make sure I sleep!

We had the same cute driver. My 14 year old niece said he was the best part of the Showcase of Citrus. Hahaha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter