Oh Yeah We’re Going Again, But I’m Not Telling You Yet When! 1/27/15 Prayers Please

You finally posted pictures...YEA!!!!! I can't wait to see everything you write. Love the flower, saw it in your hair...:rolleyes1 HOW can our trip have been 6 months ago?!?!?! :tilt: WHERE has the time gone???

I can't believe 6 months have passed!! Honestly I feel like I have been sleepwalking for months and life is running ahead without me! There are a couple of us still here at times, i KNOW we would love to see pics if you have time. :love::love:

We met Lisa's challenge of raising $500 for the Make a Wish walk in 5 days! I STILL can't believe it! If you want to help us raise more money, we are now focusing on Rachel. This is the link to Rachel's Make a Wish walk page.

I'll try to post some pictures of the little one tonight. I'm still hoping to do a trip report of our trip to DL but may not get that started until later this week.

YEAH!!! I'm so happy you met Lisa's challenge. I meant to donate but will have to do it now for Rachel (or whoever needs it. You tell me. :) )

You finally posted pictures...YEA!!!!! I can't wait to see everything you write. Love the flower, saw it in your hair...:rolleyes1 HOW can our trip have been 6 months ago?!?!?! :tilt: WHERE has the time gone???

Yes where the heck have these last 6 months gone!!!! :dance3:

I'll try to post some pictures of the little one tonight. I'm still hoping to do a trip report of our trip to DL but may not get that started until later this week.

YEAH!!! I'm so happy you met Lisa's challenge. I meant to donate but will have to do it now for Rachel (or whoever needs it. You tell me. :) )

Please feel free to donate to whomever you want to Sandra, Rachel is $20 from her goal. THANK YOU!! We are doing Christian next, then David...Pete will be last, lol. I am hoping he gets out and hustles a little!

I love seeing pics of your little guy! At least you have a good reson for 6 months flying by!! :flower3:

LONG post, read at your own peril...forgive me, I just copied and pasted to expedite time.

I spent the morning at the pediatrician with Lisa, instead of Neiman Marcus with Rachel as I had planned. Rachel was playing an event at the store and I was looking forward to walking around, I have never been there. Pete informed me there was a reason for that. He nearly choked when he saw a shirt (simple, button down man’s causal shirt) for $300, lol.

Yesterday I didn’t wrap Lisa’s thumb before she went to camp. She said she was fine. I should have listened to my Mom’s intuition, by last night I didn't like the way it looked. (She had a wicked cut on Sunday night that I have been dressing daily). The doctor switched her to a stronger antibiotic cream and a different oral med. She was going to give her a tetanus booster; however, Lisa is COVERED in bruises, I told her I thought her INR (coumadin level) was too high. She agreed and we couldn’t give the immunization because of muscle bleeding concerns. Just another reminder that nothing with Lisa is ever straight forward, not that I needed the reminder, Chapel Hill had already done that earlier in the week. Today’s appt gave me a chance to discuss my concerns with a trusted doctor and she 100 percent agreed with mine and Pete’s feelings about what needs to be done about Lisa’s sinus issue. In Lisa’s case, often the course of treatment is worse than the actual illness, she is a medically fragile child...which is why I am kicking myself for not dressing her thumb yesterday. Some folks may think I am overly protective, NO, I have just learned the hard way. What works for 99% of the population doesn’t hold true for Lisa...

Pete came home and went back out vehicle shopping...still no luck, if only we had someone we could trust in the car industry that was willing to help us navigate the shark infested waters.

Both girls had camp shows yesterday. Lisa’s vocal performance camp was amazing, although Lisa was a little off in bringing the sass...I am still not sure why, other than working with back up vocalists was different for her...vocally I LOVED it!!! The song they picked for her to sing REALLY matched her voice. I can’t thank Lacy and Deirdre enough for ALL they worked with her on this past week. HUGE Thanks to Jill for letting her attend!! I love School of Rock Charlotte so very much...seriously, they have been amazing for my girls!!

We had to IMMEDIATELY dash from SOR (Lisa changed in the bathroom, I didn’t even get a chance to hear Lisa’s critique) and slid in to our reserved seats at the Jazz camp performance. Thank you Alan!! I am always amazed at the talent of so many of the children in our area, I saw it at both camps yesterday. Listened to some great jazz, funky beats, tried and true jazz and a little more fun songs (think Pink Panther). I have to agree with the assessment I heard on Lisa’s singing, she “brought the house down” I heard over and over. As I sat watching her with a mixture of tears and smiles I was happy to see she INDEED brought the sass for that show...she danced, she smiled and generally charmed the crowd as she sang. All I can think is, she prefers a stage, the bigger the better!

As for Rachel, Just when I think she can’t get any better, she brings something new and fresh to the show that makes me almost pop out of my seat. Community School of the Arts is another place that will always have a piece of my heart for what they have given to my girls, especially Rachel! Alan took a chance on Rachel for their inaugural Jazz camp 6 years ago. She had never had formal lessons and couldn’t read a music note. Troy jumped in and helped her succeed, by writing out tablature for her so she could play...and she has been wowing ever since!!

Thanking God for all of my blessings tonight which include YOU if you are reading this.

Here are the links to the MAW Walk for Wishes donation page. The amount to reach each person's goal is next to their name and the order we are asking them to be filled first..

http://walkforwishesclt.kintera.org/rachel $20

http://walkforwishesclt.kintera.org/david $90

http://walkforwishesclt.kintera.org/pete $90

http://walkforwishesclt.kintera.org/judy $75

http://walkforwishesclt.kintera.org/lisa

http://walkforwishesclt.kintera.org/christian

Thank you for considering helping make a chid's wish come true!!

Please feel free to donate to whomever you want to Sandra, Rachel is $20 from her goal. THANK YOU!! We are doing Christian next, then David...Pete will be last, lol. I am hoping he gets out and hustles a little!

I love seeing pics of your little guy! At least you have a good reson for 6 months flying by!! :flower3:

I'll be sure to do what I can probably tomorrow. I know you understand about computer problems and that's exactly what I've been dealing with. Without any warning my computer will shut down, give me a blue screen (of death as DH calls it) and restart. Some days I can get it back up but other days not so much. So I'll have to get on his tomorrow.

Ahh! Thanks! I love seeing him grow but at the same time I want him to stay little forever since I know he's it!!

[/B]
I'll be sure to do what I can probably tomorrow. I know you understand about computer problems and that's exactly what I've been dealing with. Without any warning my computer will shut down, give me a blue screen (of death as DH calls it) and restart. Some days I can get it back up but other days not so much. So I'll have to get on his tomorrow.

Ahh! Thanks! I love seeing him grow but at the same time I want him to stay little forever since I know he's it!!

NO worries Sandra, I just posted the links so they are handy should anyone need/want them!! Computer issues :badpc::faint::badpc: Yes, you KNOW I relate!! I have had the blue screen of death as well! ONe of the issues I have being here on the DIS is my computer refusing to cooperate, it seems to take a really long time with this server. I have literally tried for 15 minutes before to get a page to load...Mama ain't got time for that! :sad:

I fully understand about him being your baby and wanting time to stand still!! Had we not been trying to get Lisa bigger I would have felt the exact same way! ::yes::

I feel kind of normal this weekend posting more than once on the DIS and decorating with smilies...I have missed it! :cloud9: Thanks for writing back and forth with me!! :goodvibes

Just stopping by to say hello Judy... It's been too long!

I sure hope that Lisa is doing better now... As always your family continues to be in our prayers - even if I don't stop by as often as I should. :hug:

Loved seeing Tracy's pictures of her first night and day in WDW... Wow - it's been 6 months already? Cannot believe it.

I know when I heard your girls sing in person - it was an incredible experience! Both of them have the ability to move people in a wonderful way. I cannot believe it's been 2 years since I was in Charlotte!

Hugs and prayers to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

I know it's crazy, where had those 6 months gone :eek:?!?

I hope you get your computer to cooperate to post a photo, Love to see it!

I sure hope that Lisa is doing better now... As always your family continues to be in our prayers - even if I don't stop by as often as I should. :hug:

Loved seeing Tracy's pictures of her first night and day in WDW... Wow - it's been 6 months already? Cannot believe it.

I know when I heard your girls sing in person - it was an incredible experience! Both of them have the ability to move people in a wonderful way. I cannot believe it's been 2 years since I was in Charlotte!

D~
Hi D! I can't belive the time has past so quickly, and I've just posting photos now. I'm too lazy to do a proper trip report so hope people enjoy some photos here!

After Breakfast and a Safari it was time to meet some friends. Michelle (Tink) and her son JJ!

My Canadian phone was acting funny roaming but we finally found each other.

I might mix up the order of things a little bit, going off of memory. I know we went to the FP+ booth first. Our first FP+ was Kilimanjaro Safaris, so off to the wild I was again, this time with friends. (I do love a good Safari)

We had to seek out Pocahontas!
(I'm not sure if JJ and Pocahontas are talking about Duffy or the water bottle, but they had a nice little chat.)

And of course we had to go visit Pooh and friends also (JJ wasn't that enthusiastic about going down to see Pooh but he is so photogenic you wouldn't know it from the photos.)

Then we headed over to Dioland. The dance party was going on:

I think we rode before TriceraTop Spin before our FP+ time for Dinosaur. We rode Dinosaur twice, once with FP+ and then again, thinking the line wasn't that long.

I think we had lunch in there somewhere, before my my FP+ for Everest. JJ can't ride Everest, so Michelle and JJ were kind enough to wait for me while I road. (sorry no photo :confused3)

JJ had the wilderness explorer book so we did earned some 'badges' throughout the day.

We did the trails - I think we did both Maharajah and Pangani trails. There were some pretty neat animals, I like these kinds of things, being a biologist and all. It was fun walking around with JJ and Michelle. JJ was right into it all and got to earn some badges.

This guy was getting a snack, fruit being thrown by a CM.

It was about 5 by the time we were ready to leave, we had a fun, long day. I said goodbye to Michelle and JJ and hoped the bus to get my bags from POP. On the bus I called the house to see if Judy and Family had made it in yet. They had! They came and picked me up at POP to they place we would be calling home for the next week.

D~

Hi D, always happy to see you when you have time. :goodvibes

Lisa is tough, I just wish she didn't have to be all of the time. You know I appreciate your prayers.

I wish you could hear the girls perform now, they have improved so much in the past 2 years. If you ever make it back to Charlotte, maybe you would like to come and hear them again. I know I would like the chance to have a do over. ;) I was under so much stress with Lisa's three hospital stays, the bats, the added medical stuff that no one knows about, as well as just returning from NY, it was all too much. Thankful for a different summer!

Tracy has some great pics (Just remember not to post any of me without my knowledge my friend, lol)!! I can't believe I haven't see you in 6 months either!!!

Hugs and prayers to you as well!! :love:

I know it's crazy, where had those 6 months gone :eek:?!?
I HONESTLY don't know!!! I feel like I have been sleep walking!
I hope you get your computer to cooperate to post a photo, Love to see it!
I will try one day this week. :love:

Hi D! I can't belive the time has past so quickly, and I've just posting photos now. I'm too lazy to do a proper trip report so hope people enjoy some photos here!

You aren't lazy you are busy...that is our story and we are sticking to it!!:lmao::lmao:

Tracy, LOVED the pics and the recap, even though I have seen them....yes, the fun was about to begin with your 6 houseguests next, lol. Great start, Thank you for doing this!!

In case you have not read our PTR, Tracy was kind enough to rent a house big enough for my ENTIRE family so we could join her in Florida!! THAT is amazing to read, I know!!

Hi D, always happy to see you when you have time.

Lisa is tough, I just wish she didn't have to be all of the time. You know I appreciate your prayers.

I wish you could hear the girls perform now, they have improved so much in the past 2 years. If you ever make it back to Charlotte, maybe you would like to come and hear them again. I know I would like the chance to have a do over. ;) I was under so much stress with Lisa's three hospital stays, the bats, the added medical stuff that no one knows about, as well as just returning from NY, it was all too much. Thankful for a different summer!

Tracy has some great pics (Just remember not to post any of me without my knowledge my friend, lol)!! I can't believe I haven't see you in 6 months either!!!

Hugs and prayers to you as well!!

Judy, I would love a do-over and I would love to hear the girls perform again some day - I will be certain to let you know if I ever make it back to Charlotte. :lovestruc

Tracy... Loved the update! What great photos! I would LOVE to steal that Pocohontas one of you for my "I Spy" album on my facebook page... Let me know if I can.

Tink and JJ are such wonderful people - I cannot believe how much JJ has grown! We met them on our 2012 trip, and my girls just loved JJ! :lovestruc

It looks like you had a great day at AK and were able to get lots done! Thanks for sharing here, I love seeing the pictures... And I love the flower in your hair - you are such a beautiful person! :lovestruc

D~

I am waiting on the hematology office to open, The doctor and I spoke yesterday, she wants to get Lisa in today and confirm her INR level. Please say a prayer it isn't too high so she can get her tetanus vaccine. Her thumb looked great last night.

D, do let me know if you make the long journey back, you never know, life surprises me all of the time. My girls like JJ as well. My guys haven't really seen him since they were in Charlotte (briefly at HOB), but the rest of us have seen Tink, Joe and JJ several times in Florida. :love:

Tracy is even more beautiful in person because her kind heart shines through..and she looks so young!! (Must be the cold weather...I have finally realized a perk of freezing Tracy)!! :lmao: :rotfl2:

GMA was going nuts at the top of the hour, seems there is a Star Wars announcement if I heard them correctly? I am NOT a SW fan, I have proudly never seen the movies :duck:, but I do know many who are, including my guys. :yoda::chewy::ewok::darth:

I am so happy to see the many posts, pictures, updates. Thank you Judy and Tracy, please keep them coming, I am reading. Praying Lisa's appointment goes well and her thumb heals quickly. :goodvibes

I just realized I hadn't seen anything you posted for a long time and went searching and found this! I'm so happy you get to go back to Florida!

Hope everything goes well at the hematologist today.

Jill in CO

Judy, its great to see so many posts by you. I am so sorry to hear about Lisas thumb and all the extra issues surrounding that and her sinus as well as your exacerbated issues. I am sure both girls did amazing at camp. I showed my mil a video of the girls performing yesterday and she was extremly impressed, as I knew she would be.
Tracy love all the pictures.

I am so happy to see the many posts, pictures, updates. Thank you Judy and Tracy, please keep them coming, I am reading. Praying Lisa's appointment goes well and her thumb heals quickly. :goodvibes
TRYING to keep up!!! Lisa got her vaccines today, her INR was LOW in spite of all of the bruising There is no rhyme or reason to it all. The thumb is improving. :woohoo:
I just realized I hadn't seen anything you posted for a long time and went searching and found this! I'm so happy you get to go back to Florida!

Hope everything goes well at the hematologist today.

Jill in CO

YEA JILL!!! So happy you found me. Thanks for being excited for us, I honestly have no idea what we are doing yet, but the trip is rapidly approaching so I better hurry up and figure out a plan!

Lisa's INR was actually much to low. They will not let her out of the hospital when it is this low...but she seems to be just fine. Thanks for the good wishes. :goodvibes

Judy, its great to see so many posts by you. I am so sorry to hear about Lisas thumb and all the extra issues surrounding that and her sinus as well as your exacerbated issues. I am sure both girls did amazing at camp. I showed my mil a video of the girls performing yesterday and she was extremly impressed, as I knew she would be.
Tracy love all the pictures.

My dear friend, Thanks for being here...but what I REALLY want to know is, how you all are and did you make it to Disney for John's year of wishes???

Thanks for your conitnued prayers, they are felt.

I love that you shared a video of the girls. I need a better video camera. I have a LOT of videos of the girls, but it just doesn't capture how good they are, so I don't like to post it.

I do pray you are all well and will give us an update on everyone when you have time. :flower3:

Hi Judy! I just caught up. So glad to see you posting again. Thanks for the trip report Tracy! I hope you don't mind that I ignored your preferred order on donations but wanted to give a little more than Rachel needed so I moved onto Christian. Summer is flying by for us. We've had a Disney Vacation, college visits, drs and dentists and orthodontics. Not sure how you do it every week. Only 2 more weeks of vacation for us so trying to fit a few last commitments and fun in but I will try to check in soon. Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter