Oh Yeah We’re Going Again, But I’m Not Telling You Yet When! 1/27/15 Prayers Please

I finally made it over. Wow your going back to Disney!!! :cool1: That looks like a really nice place to stay in. Very roomy! It is so nice that you guys get the unused points!

I'm officially dying to know when you're going back...when can we start guessing? :)

Welcome back Judy! I haven't been on Disboards alot recently and when I was logging on there was never anything new from you so that made me sad , I have told you before and will tell you again that coming home from a long day at work and seeing an update from you (good or bad) would make me smile!

I can't wait to hear more of your plans for your next "Florida fix", that is such great news for all of you, esp considering the additional car issues and that danged freezer! At least you were able to salvage the food and make nice meals for everyone to enjoy:) You cooked more in one day than I have in months:lmao:

So anytime you have a free moment, keep us all up to date with your plans, I have to live vicariously though you for a while yet, I am not planning a trip to visit the mouse for about a year or so, although I am starting to think about next spring if I can just talk myself into it:confused3

Hi, Judy -hope you are having a wonderful weekend with your family. We met with the psychologist yesterday for his report and much of it was what I expected, some other things I didn't expect, but I feel validated that FINALLY someone else is agreeing that there are some issues for Ezra and I wasn't making things up! He has a formal diagnosis of ADHD (I expected this) along with Oppositional Defiance Disorder (not expected, but it fits with what I have observed) and the most surprising finding was a verbal/language processing discrepancy. When the doctor explained that, though, it totally made sense. He said the Oppositional Defiance Disorder is very common in kids with ADHD; since they can't control their bodies, they try to control their situation through other things like screaming, tantrums, etc. He said that once we get the ADHD in hand and start treating it through behavioral therapy, etc., we will probably see the ODD resolve itself because he will finally be able to express to us in an appropriate way what he is feeling. He recommended some accommodations for the classroom, along with seeing a family therapist and some parenting classes - I need to look into that. I'll be meeting with the pediatrician soon to go over the report and see what he can do to help us when we go to the school to try to get a 504 plan in place. The verbal processing discrepancy diagnosis will now help him to get some other accommodations like being able to take his tests in a quiet room with no time limit, having the directions repeated or further explained to him, being able to verbally repeat them back to the teacher before starting an assignment so we know he understood what he's supposed to do, etc. The doctor said the positive news is that Ezra knows what he is supposed to do and WANTS to do it, just right now he physically CANNOT do it - now we are going to work on helping him achieve that because we caught this soon enough that hopefully he won't just give up out of frustration like many kids do. Sorry for the novel here, but in know you've been thinking of us, Judy and I wanted to give you an update!

YAY!! So glad you're planning another trip Judy! :cool1:

Sorry about the freezer. We had our chest freezer go one year and it was an awful mess.

My mother, daughter and myself are going in January. We all three have EDS so it will be an interesting experience. We're calling it the EDS Princess Party! LOL! My daughter's health has deteriorated so we'll be using a handicapped accessible room for the first time and using the new DAS system the first time as well. I'm praying for no injuries or dislocations on this trip. The last time my mother was there somebody bumped into her causing her to fall and tear her ACL. She refused to use a wheelchair or scooter and hobbled around the park for 3 more days. SMH.

Can't wait to start getting some hints as to when you all will be going!

I hope you're having a wonderful day! :goodvibes

Yay for another well deserved trip!!!!!!!

Sorry about the freezer.

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

I have some happy news Annabelle was cleared on 15th, she doesn't need physical therapy from her broken leg. She is walking so much better now as well! Thank you, Thank you for everyone who prayed for her!

The 16th was Annabelle's 4th Birthday! I can not believe my baby is 4.:sad: We did her party that night which was just family.

Praying for all those in need!

Happy belated birthday to Annabelle! What an adorable birthday princess! So glad to hear she won't need any physical therapy and is walking so much better, too.

My kiddos only have 4, 5 and 6 days of school left respectively. And one of those days is Field Day, so we all know that doesn't really count. They turn in all their textbooks tomorrow - not sure what they will do to keep busy for the rest of the days! We've had a little girl from church staying with us since Sunday. Her mom is undergoing cancer treatment and asked if I could take her for Sunday afternoon and overnight so she and her husband could celebrate their anniversary Sunday night and all day Monday, but then the mom had a real setback on Monday morning and so we still have her daughter here this evening (Tuesday). I think her dad was planning to pick her up after dinner tonight, but I haven't been able to get ahold of them today and then we got an emailed prayer request from church that her mom had to go to the hospital today for some extra treatment/fluids/blood transfusion....so I don't know how much longer we'll have our little guest. I know she is really missing her mom and wants to go home, but I am trying to make it fun for her here (especially with the kids away at school all day - she homeschools so after she got her school work done in 45 minutes flat this morning, we had quite a chunk of time to fill!)

Judy, hope you are having a productive day. Thinking of you guys and hoping all is well!

Okay, I'm a real Jennie-come-lately! Just saw this! Subbing and off to catch up! Yay!

Checking in, Judy, just to let you know we haven't forgotten you! Hope everyone there is doing well and you have maybe gotten some of your car troubles taken care of?

Benjamin has had the stomach bug for two days now. We had to cancel his birthday outing, but hopefully we will be able to reschedule it soon once I am sure nobody else is going to get sick. We wound up in the ER last night with Ezra because he fell and hit his head pretty hard while he was playing. He seemed fine at the time, but then a few hours later (after the doctor's office closed, naturally) he got very lethargic and started vomiting repeatedly- of course, I had no way of knowing if it was from the bump on the head or if he was getting Benjamin's bug! So the pediatrician on-call sent us over to the ER as a precaution. By the time we got there he had perked up considerably. They checked him pretty thoroughly, then gave him zofran and watched him for awhile to make sure he could keep down a popsicle and gatorade and sent us home. He woke up chipper this morning so I guess it was just a fluke. Gave us a chance to check out the ER, though. It's a brand-new location for the Children's Hospital and it's only 2 miles from our house. I was very pleased with how it all went, and the bonus is that even though they are licensed as an ER, they charge as an urgent care, so I only had to pay our $35 urgent care copay, not the $250 ER copay I was expecting - yay!

Hope you are all having a good week. Give our love to your kiddos for us!

Excited you get to go back to Florida!!!! Do you know what you'll get up to?

Happy Birthday to Rachel!!!!

Happy Belated Birthday to Rachel!!!!

Hope all is going well for you guys and everyone on this board. Praying for all!

Just a quick pop in to say Happy Sunday!! We are taking the girls to Victory Junction for camp, I HOPE while they are gone I might actually get to think a bit about our trip.

Thank you for Rachel's wonderful Birthday wishes, she had a great day, although she was quite ill the day after. She was so sick she missed the Open Mic night. She and Lisa have had the opportunity to perform a LOT the past week, it has kept us hopping and they have loved every minute of it!

Thank you for being here and letting us know you still care. I am trying to get back in the groove, but with one car between Pete and i for the past year it has truly taken a toll on my time, mind and body. I am still having a horrible time with my foot, I am wearing a special leg brace called "the gauntlet", that has been exhausting as well. The girls had a big show yesterday and someone said to me, isn't it time for that to be healed...well, yes, yes it is...any suggestions how to just sit for two months and let it heal would be appreciated, lol. :rotfl2:

Rachel, THANK YOU for sharing the pics of Annabelle, she is a beauty! And I love that you posted pics of you as well!! :love:

Thanks to each of you who have been kind enough to let us know you still care. :goodvibes Believe it or not, it has been even more difficult than usual around here since January. It is almost summer, time for the good times to roll! :yay::dance3::yay:

Hi Judy! Sorry you are having so much trouble with your foot. Try to do what you can to rest - you need to take care of yourself so you can care for others. I will be praying for healing. :hug: Hope the girls have a great time at camp with no health issues. :yay:

Thanks for the update Judy. I hope summer brings you and your family some needed stress relief. Hope the girls have a great week at camp!

Judy, thanks for the update! I'm so sorry things have continued to be difficult with health problems, car issues, etc. I hope your girls have a much-deserved fantastic time at camp this week! And that you are able to maybe slow down a bit this week and give that foot a rest.

We are dropping our kids off at camp this afternoon, as well. It is up in the mountains about an hour away. They can't wait to sleep in teepees this week! It is Eliabeth's first time to go to teepee camp (she's always been in a cabin before), so she's particularly excited. It is supposed to get quite cold up there this week, though - remember the snow we had on Mother's Day? Down to freezing at night, so I hope they will stay warm enough! I am probably going overboard, but I am packing them some long johns to wear under their pjs along with their winter coats for evenings. A few years ago my friend's kids went up there this same week and she wound up going up mid-week to bring her kids their boots, coats and hats because it snowed. So I am trying to avoid that by packing them in the first place! Of course, it's supposed to be up near 90 degrees here at home this week. It is always amazing to see the weather differences within a 50 mile radius depending on elevation!

Hope you all have a wonderful week! Look forward to hearing all about your girls' time away at camp when they get home. :)

Whoohooo Florida! I am so excited you are going again!!

I've been such a bad Diser. I haven't checked in, in forever.
You 'all been in my thoughts.

Judy, TR? What are we going to do, you want me to start one or should we just post stuff in here?

You might remember I had a nephew that was premature in October, I got to visit him in May. He is 7months, but still a small penut. Stinking cute and happy!

Hope everyone is doing ok!

I'm so glad to see an update! I'm sorry the first half of 2014 has been so rough and I am praying that the second half is fantastic and makes up for all the bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter