Oh what a horrible trip!!!! Now for something completely different-Final blast ......

Ok, I'll take a trip as "horrible" as yours! Even half as horrible.

And remember, it is not the quantity of pictures you have, it's the quality and you have some darned great ones!!!

We enjoyed the Cape May breakfast. Love the colorful beachy attire worn by the characters. But it was so much fun when Chip and Dale were there!

I'm so glad you loved your Beach Club home!

Those are just like my walking shoes in Disney. Zebra high heals. Stylish and oh so comfy! NOT! I couldn't even stand, let alone walk! :rotfl2:

I like crispy bacon too.

Those are just like my walking shoes in Disney. Zebra high heals. Stylish and oh so comfy! NOT! I couldn't even stand, let alone walk! :rotfl2:

I like crispy bacon too.

Maybe I should try !!It would increase the chances of my "torpedoing " again!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Awww that's a great reason for the title! You relaxed :) Your report was great, not slack on details at all!
Looks like a really great breakfast. I didn't know they had a character breakfast (in beach wear!) at Cape May! Cool!

Some of the food on my first plate. Cant go wrong with bacon but I struggle to find some as .... well done ( burnt ) as I like it.

I also like my bacon burnt. I rarely eat bacon that I didn't cook myself because it's always underdone for me! :rotfl:

IMG_5482.jpg

OMG - these shoes are so awesome! Love them! How the heck did you manage to get that shot without her noticing? :confused3:rotfl:

I can relate to the "I have DVC and I can come back when I want" feeling. It's a great feeling and it does make you approach the whole trip in a different manner. I swear I only take as many pictures as I do so I can write a decent TR.

I loved your trip. I didn't realize this was your first trip home to the BC. Very nice!

LOVE your TR Pat! Wonder what's left? A stop for a special souvenir or gift?

I agree with Mary Ellen - I take more pictures now to share on TRs!! Especially food, it helps me remember what we ate so I can recommend things to others.
Although I think MEK is not totally truthful - this is the woman who takes 200 pictures of a castle in one sitting. I think she loves photography too much to not take them, even if there's not a TR waiting in the wings!!

We ate breakfast at Cape May in July 2010, and thought it was okay. Nothing too special either. I'd like to try dinner there - I hear they have a lot of seafood. I could go for that!

even though you didnt have a ton of pics you still sound like you had a blast just going a adifferent speed and having fun and no worries.
:thumbsup2

It was a great trip. I knew with the heat I would have to take a break but I actually looked forward to the breaks and generally just taking it slow.

Aw, you did a fine job telling the story even if you didn't have as many pictures as you'd hoped. And it sounds like it was a very relaxing vacation...that's the goal, right?

Judy has been making quinoa lately. It's kind of like couscous, not bad.

Funny that you said 'stall' after a bathroom picture.

Well thanks. I know I had some great meals but by now I have no idea what I had and of course have no pictures to help me remember. :headache:

I have been a little scared of the quinoa. Maybe I should give it a try.
Usually anything suppoed to be good for you .....I end being allergic to. :laughing:

I agree !!I love dinner at CP, have not done breakfast yet !!! 1 TS has to be RR in October for Carol!!!!She would never forgive me if no RR!!:rotfl2:

He might surprise us !! I mean he told Patty he had a "BALL"!!:confused3:rotfl2:

CP needs to go back on my list for a meal soon.
Maybe that was Roy having a "ball" :confused3

I really enjoyed your vacation! It would have been better if I went along, oh well.

Where did you get that cute dress? It appears to be a Disney dress, am I right?

:lmao: The more the merrier right??

That is a Disney dress. Found it in the American adventure. Very comfy.

Looks like you snuck a couple of updates in on me when I wasn't looking! :rotfl:

I'm very glad the trip wasn't actually horrible, and that you had that whole DVC Zen thing going. :goodvibes

But I know that last walk out the door is still hard. Someday we'll figure out how to keep it from ending.

This is moving so slowly, I figure some people might have just forgotten about it. :lmao:
The DVC zen hit me hard. The first DVC trip was more hectic with a resort change and the allergic reaction and crowds not to mention being at two resort for the first time, so this was like coming home.

I was very lucky this fall and winter I walked out and back in almost every month. :lmao:

Nice update on your horrible trip report, Pat.

We were not pleased with our breakfast at Cape May at all last month...not enough choices, the food wasn't all hot, etc. What was with the woman with the heals in that picture? Wow. :scratchin

So glad to see you got a parting bathroom shot. Although maybe there is yet one more to come??????

Thanks and Cape May for me was nice and I don't remember anything being wrong like cold food and the service was good, it just didn't stand out for me this trip.
My standout meal actually came from the Captain's grille that trip. Really great chef that was able to deal easily with my allergies and still get me what I wanted.

Those heels really caught my attention! :eek:

A little bit more - and maybe one more bathroom.... :rolleyes1

Ok, I'll take a trip as "horrible" as yours! Even half as horrible.

And remember, it is not the quantity of pictures you have, it's the quality and you have some darned great ones!!!

We enjoyed the Cape May breakfast. Love the colorful beachy attire worn by the characters. But it was so much fun when Chip and Dale were there!

I'm so glad you loved your Beach Club home!

I would love another "horrible" trip like that. I can fix the horrible .... or can at least plan to. :rolleyes1

Thanks for the compliment. I feel that I am used to my camera now and have learned how to use it somewhat.

Cape May was good character interaction, and from what I remember it was good just nothing outstanding.

Chip and Dale usually put on show. Too bad they are not still there.

I like crispy bacon too.

I could not imagine wearing those shoes. My feet hurt even in sneakers after a few days.

Crispy bacon ... can't be too burnt for me.

Maybe I should try !!It would increase the chances of my "torpedoing " again!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I would be joining you in torpedoing!!!!

Awww that's a great reason for the title! You relaxed :) Your report was great, not slack on details at all!
Looks like a really great breakfast. I didn't know they had a character breakfast (in beach wear!) at Cape May! Cool!

I also like my bacon burnt. I rarely eat bacon that I didn't cook myself because it's always underdone for me! :rotfl:

Thanks for the compliment. I just felt there were so many times that I just did not take ANY pictures that it might be hard to fill in the gaps.

Cape May breakfast is Minnie, Donald and Goofy in their beachwear. It was a fun breakfast. Just never made it to the must do list for every trip.

Burnt bacon - that's how I like it too. :thumbsup2

OMG - these shoes are so awesome! Love them! How the heck did you manage to get that shot without her noticing? :confused3:rotfl:

I can relate to the "I have DVC and I can come back when I want" feeling. It's a great feeling and it does make you approach the whole trip in a different manner. I swear I only take as many pictures as I do so I can write a decent TR.

I loved your trip. I didn't realize this was your first trip home to the BC. Very nice!

I have a great zoom lens remember? :lmao:

I do use my camera and the time stamp for a lot of reasons, and mostly for the trip report. This time lots of gaps, no pictures of all the components of the whole meal. Yeesh I would remember way too late. Nobody wants a picture of an empty plate. :laughing:

This was the first time at BCV. I had stayed at BC before, and had a DVC stay before but not a BCV DVC stay. :)

LOVE your TR Pat! Wonder what's left? A stop for a special souvenir or gift?

I agree with Mary Ellen - I take more pictures now to share on TRs!! Especially food, it helps me remember what we ate so I can recommend things to others.
Although I think MEK is not totally truthful - this is the woman who takes 200 pictures of a castle in one sitting. I think she loves photography too much to not take them, even if there's not a TR waiting in the wings!!

We ate breakfast at Cape May in July 2010, and thought it was okay. Nothing too special either. I'd like to try dinner there - I hear they have a lot of seafood. I could go for that!

Thanks. Yup more more spot before I head north. Something at the time new and not seen up close yet.

I have usually taken more pictures as time stamps or meals and "virtual shopping". Helps me remember and I dont have to rely heavily on the notes I usually dont take.;)

Having watched MEK in action I understand. I take many shots of the same thing to just to get that perfect shot. You can only see so much in the tiny viewfinder and well since it digital no additional cost for additional shots. :thumbsup2

It also passes the time when waiting.

i know those are some sweet white Nike Shox arent they, they look pretty comfy.

I wonder if they are together? :rotfl2:

What a terrible, horrible trip! And you've done a fine job of reporting on it! No worries, we've all seen all the sites, it's fun to see some of the smaller details
that you've captured. :thumbsup2

I really like those heels! They are fun! But at Disney?! Ouch!

I can't believe how close my "TRIPS" are to starting !!! Less than 2 months and we will be in Orlando, even if not Disney !!I somehow feel WRONG being in Orlando and nor in Disney!!!:sad2:

I can't believe how close my "TRIPS" are to starting !!! Less than 2 months and we will be in Orlando, even if not Disney !!I somehow feel WRONG being in Orlando and nor in Disney!!!:sad2:

I totally get that!! Heck, I don't even like going to Florida without a stop at WDW! We had a cruise out of Miami one year and "decided" it was cheaper to fly in and out of Orlando, so we booked two nights at POR, rented a car and drove to Miami for the cruise and back. Yeah, that was cheaper!

Quinoa is a lot like couscous in many ways, it can be quite good...or very boring! I make it now and then.

NOT horrible at all. In fact quite the opposite. The importance of learning how to just "be". :thumbsup2

I found Cape May to be just ok but honestly the items on the menu you posted sound far more interesting than what I recall seeing there when we went. Go figure.

What a terrible, horrible trip! And you've done a fine job of reporting on it! No worries, we've all seen all the sites, it's fun to see some of the smaller details
that you've captured. :thumbsup2

I really like those heels! They are fun! But at Disney?! Ouch!

It IS all about those tiny details that makes Disney special to all of us. :love:

Those heel are fun but I could never justify a pair- I would need to wear them often to justify them and well I just don't have too many things to go with zebra stripes. :lmao:

At Disney - nuh uh comfy shoes or sandals all the way.

Only once in the last few years have I been in Orlando and not visited Disney. I had a conference and if it were not for a torrential rain the one night I had free I would have made it to Disney Property. :sad:

I totally get that!! Heck, I don't even like going to Florida without a stop at WDW! We had a cruise out of Miami one year and "decided" it was cheaper to fly in and out of Orlando, so we booked two nights at POR, rented a car and drove to Miami for the cruise and back. Yeah, that was cheaper!

That fuzzy Disney math for you. :rotfl2:

Quinoa is a lot like couscous in many ways, it can be quite good...or very boring! I make it now and then.

NOT horrible at all. In fact quite the opposite. The importance of learning how to just "be". :thumbsup2

I found Cape May to be just ok but honestly the items on the menu you posted sound far more interesting than what I recall seeing there when we went. Go figure.

I always struggle with new things because I have no idea how my body will react. Especially things termed as superfoods.
My guess is those items irritate your immune system and in most people boost it. In my case it is like poking a bear with a stick and my body's reaction is more of a roar back. :rotfl2:

I think I finally learned to "be" and not worry if I do all and see all. Most of it will still be there.

Funny I looked at my picture of the sstuffed french toast but do not remember trying it. :confused3

All I can verify is that I had bacon and waffles. :rotfl:

This is it. The car is packed and I am head towards the backside of the arch. But I have a stop to make. A place I meant to get to all trip but never made it.

IMG_5502.jpg

Newly opened ( and now fully Opened) but who can leave Disney Property without stopping by?

IMG_5503.jpg

IMG_5504.jpg

Covered bus stops.

IMG_5505.jpg

IMG_5506.jpg

IMG_5536.jpg

Entrance

IMG_5508.jpg

IMG_5509.jpg

IMG_5510.jpg

IMG_5511.jpg

IMG_5513.jpg

IMG_5515.jpg

IMG_5516.jpg

IMG_5517.jpg

IMG_5518.jpg

IMG_5519.jpg

IMG_5520.jpg

Of course I had to check out the bathroom here.
I think this was to alert everyone of single ply in the lobby bathroom.

IMG_5521.jpg

IMG_5522.jpg

Onward and forward ....

Off to look around in the food court.

IMG_5524.jpg

IMG_5525.jpg

IMG_5526.jpg

IMG_5527.jpg

IMG_5528.jpg

IMG_5529.jpg

IMG_5530.jpg

IMG_5531.jpg

IMG_5532.jpg

IMG_5533.jpg

IMG_5534.jpg

Cars section

IMG_5535.jpg

But I would have to finish the tour the next time- for me October, since it was really getting late and I had to get on the road.

I point North and the ride pretty uneventful except for Jacksonville. Home of Dr. V. :rotfl:

It seems and I do have further evidence that odd things are in Jacksonville. Have no idea why but it is.

This time, on 95 and going around a curve and under another major road. I see a Hwy patrol just standing beside his car on the left shoulder.

Right after my car passes, HE WALKS OUT ONTO THE ROAD.

Looking back he PULLS OVER THE CAR BEHIND ME.

The rest of the ride in comparison was uneventful.:)

Can’t remember if I mentioned this when it happened but during the first few days, the kids called and texted me to tell me the neighbors tree fell during a storm. The good news was it hit nothing on our side of the street besides being across the street.

So I pull in the driveway and see this. Well actually took the next day since it would have been dark right when I got home.

IMG_5541.jpg

Last Thoughts
Like I said before, this was a different trip all together. This was the first time I really felt like I slowed down and enjoyed being at Disney.

Wait that really sounds horrible… ;)

I was able to enjoy myself, not really overdo it, and know I will be back if I miss anything.

This was the most relaxing Disney Trip I have ever had. There that is better.

Also having several trips since and many before I can honestly say …..

I like having the car.

I will admit you have to think more when driving versus taking Disney Transportation but beside the occasionally misplaced car, and staying at a resort where I only had to drive to 2 parks, I think I did pretty well.

Overall Driving to DTD was the best. Don’t have to worry about bad bus service from there when I drive.

Now onto my next adventure of sorts. Disneyland.

Maybe before Photobucket does tthe final switchover .... I have what 15 days?

That's so funny that you went to AofA! I had planned to make a stop over there in October for a little tour, and DID NOT make it! (My version of a horrible trip I guess!)

It looks just awesome though - next time for sure! I hear the food court is really good. But only one-ply? Hmm, might skip using that restroom! ;)

ETA - okay, I must have posted in between your two.
I like your wrap up - nice to be relaxed, isn't it? I'm working on that - it's harder with the 2 kids! I appreciate having the car too - if we're not staying somewhere I can take a boat to DTD, I would rather drive.

Bummer about your neighbor's tree, but glad it didn't hit anything "important".

I'd love to hear about your DL trip too!!

I enjoyed your TR, you had a lot of fun by yourself. I would like to go alone sometime or at least leave hubby back in the room.LOL

Sounds like a money saver to me , weel at least using Fuzzy Disney Math:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter