• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh what a horrible trip!!!! Now for something completely different-Final blast ......

Frankly, it is just HORRIBLE that you did not take pictures of your Hampton Inn breakfast. Horrible.

You should be ashamed.

On the other hand,
With your description of your arrival at BCV, I'm giddy too!!! I love all the fabulous Disney smells. That's the stuff they should be making into air fresheners!
I love your sniffing picture! :)

I'm guessing Epcot since you're nice and close. It's early - maybe Soarin'?

I am so excited to find another person who enjoys the EWP as much as I do!! :goodvibes (I don't think my family shares or understands my enjoyment of this simple nighttime parade):rolleyes1 We stayed at BLT last year with a lake view room and I could see it every night.

Also love, love, love Beach Club. We stayed there last year and will be there again in January (thanks DVC!!). We can't wait!!:yay:

Where to ???? EPCOT !!! Duh !! :rotfl::rotfl2:

1 for EPCOT

You are so right, the AK parking lot is ginormous! And you are so right, always take a picture of where you park. My Dad and I lost our car once there and had to walk around for about 20 minutes. Never doing that again. :rotfl2:

Dork alert!!! Kilimanjaro Safari queue!!!! :lmao:

OMG that poor cheetah. :sad2:

Beautiful shot of the sunset.

Good choice heading to the Poly for some adult beverages and watching the EWP.

No pictures of the sub par Hampton's breakfast? For shame.

Beach Club. Love love love it. I'm really hoping my waitlist for it comes through in November.

AK parking lot is ginormous. For the 5K last year we ran around it before going into the park and I swear we almost did half of it outside the park. :headache:
You only get sidetracked when you follow the car in front of you and they don't go the right way. :rolleyes1

Dorks unite!!!

I never see those cheetahs moving too much. Like the Lion. :sad2:

Love the sunset. Always have to stop and at least look :love:

Poly is always a good choice, even if I am stuck there waiting on a bus when thye stopped monorail and boat service.:eek:

I really thought I took a picture of the Mickey Waffles at least but I guess I went down without a camera or the phone.

BCV rocks!!!

I am a drinker and back to see the pictures. Yum - the mai tai really looks tasty!

It was good but not the best. Clinta asked me if I wanted a regular MAi Tai or the CAptains and I panicked and said regular. :rotfl: Go for the Captain's.

Isn' t DVC the best? Seriously, even though BCV is not one of my home resorts, I got that exact same feeling when I stayed there. It's just such a wonderful place with great customer service. I can't believe you are sniffing the air.

You will appreciate this - a few weeks ago we took Nick to visit U of Maryland. I went to the ladies room in the visitors center and the most familiar smell hit my nostrils. The bathroom smelled just like the ones at MK, especially the one near space mountain. Crazy, but true. didn't even realize there was a characteristic smell until that moment.

BC in general is the best. Actually the last ( the first ) time I stayed there I was welcomed right off ME and then brought to the counter where I was told we were upgraded to concierge. :woohoo:
Having it as my home resort is great.

Sometimes it is just the cleaner they use but I will agree that WDW has some distincive smells. :rotfl2:
The Poly- it is really the chlorinated water they use in the waterfall and probably a bit of mold. :rotfl: For me it smells like a pool.
The BC smells like sand, salt water and Coppertone.

Funny how smells can transport you - sounds do it too like when I was in the Supermarket and hear the music for the French movie. I had to stop and listen.

Oh I'm sure I'm missing at least 3. Lol

I know what you mean, OKW had me before I got there. I think a lot of it had to so with the fact it was the home resort i wanted, and was only swayed by those darn treehouses lol. Vero and AKV, not giddy quite at check in at least.

I need to make my list of things not to forget at Food and Wine.
I only have a week turnaround so I guess on the plane home I need to plan the next voyage.

BCV had me so giddy you would think I was twelve. :rotfl:

I'm a new reader. I also love Beach Club. Can't wait to hear more! Stop by my pre-trip report sometime.

party: :welcome: party: I will need to stop by your PTR.

What a good feeling!

Always is whether you drive on or arrive by ME. :goodvibes:

HOME at last! What a feeling that must be. Some day I'll be a DVC owner too! hahaha

I was extra giddy. You would have thought I was with Prince Charming on my honeymoon I was so giddy. :rotfl2:

Resale prices are great right now!!!!

Great choice for your first night drink! I have never used Disney transportation. Car all the way for me!

Hey - Any drink at Disney is a good one for a first choice. :rotfl:

I like Disney Transport so I don't have to think too much or really watch my drinking. The waiting for the busses or boats can get to be a bit much and navigating out of a park at closing can be interesting but I love most of the music on the busses. POP wins but I have a feeling OKW would be just as nice.

So when checking in at Beach Club villas, do you check in at the regualr beach club desk? I am staying at the villas for 3 nights in Nov...and I guess I never thought about where you check in at.

I think this was answered but yes at the regular counter.

Disney bathrooms do have a certain smell. In Feb we stayed at a DTD hotel our first night and walked to DTD. Of course when we got there we had to stop in the restrooms, the ones by WPE. As soon as I walked in it hit me. I knew that smell and knew I was back. I tried to explain this to my niece who had never been.

They do - I would like to think it is just the cleaner but I think the cleaner with the air freshener makes the Disney bathroom smell unique.
It is a hard thing to explain and yes I get "the look" when I try to explain it to non Dis Dorks.:rotfl2:

OOPS! I missed your AK update!

You did a lot in a very short amount of time.

Great safari! Love the pictures. The one of the headless cheetah is :lmao:

There are monkeys on the safari???

Fantastic picture from Everest- I'll take that over the ride photo any day.

I will never be able to look at those naughty dinos at PW the same way again.

Who knew parking lot photos could be so fun- gorgeous sunsets and exotic birds. Escapees from the park or locals?

Looking back I di get a lot done in about 40 minutes. :rotfl:

There are Mandrills but they are usually hiding. I think I saw them once?

You can thank Rosie for the pole dancing dinos. ;)

I was wondering if those birds were trying to escape or invade. :rotfl:

Can I tell you how happy this update made me! :cloud9:

I'm alway excited when someone shares the love for the Beach Club/BCV or the Yacht Club!

Others have guessed you are headed to EPCOT, which is an excellent guess, but I'll say you go to checkout Stormalong Bay.

@ jenseib- I know your question was not meant for me, but I'll field it anyway. Yes, you check in for the BCV at the BC check-in desk.

I so :love: the BC.. The location, the service, the pool. AAHHHH

A guess for Stormalong Bay.

Thanks for fielding the question.

Thank you very much!

Glad you got an answer quickly.

I forgot to guess! Ok I'm going with....friendship boat to DHS (just to be different since most are going with Epcot). TSM FP for later, first ride ToT

1 for DHS with details.

hmmm

Oh the Beach Club...sigh..... :) I was in love the first time I stepped in that gorgeous place!

Mary Ellen, I know exactly what you mean about Disney smells. I bought some new shampoo & I swear it smells just like Saratoga Springs. I was instantly transported.

Another BC lover. :thumbsup2

Disney smells are some of the best ones. Such great memories attached to them.

You should be giddy...you deserve it. Where to? I'm thinking Epcot since you can now walk over.

Another vote for EPCOT. I was looking forward to checking in but it exceeded my expectations.

cute dress!!!

Thanks It is part of my "summer collection" :rotfl2: This year I anticipated a very hot summer and well doing Disney in July, I picked up lots of summer dresses to help keep me cool. :lmao:

Frankly, it is just HORRIBLE that you did not take pictures of your Hampton Inn breakfast. Horrible.

You should be ashamed.

I am :blush: I think you are catching on a bit to all the HORRIBLE. ;)

On the other hand,
With your description of your arrival at BCV, I'm giddy too!!! I love all the fabulous Disney smells. That's the stuff they should be making into air fresheners!
I love your sniffing picture! :)

I'm guessing Epcot since you're nice and close. It's early - maybe Soarin'?

Another vote for EPCOT. I think I actually found a yankee candle for a beach smell that comes close. :rotfl2:
The Disney lotion is REAL close so I sniff that if I need a fix. :rotfl2:

I am so excited to find another person who enjoys the EWP as much as I do!! :goodvibes (I don't think my family shares or understands my enjoyment of this simple nighttime parade):rolleyes1 We stayed at BLT last year with a lake view room and I could see it every night.

Also love, love, love Beach Club. We stayed there last year and will be there again in January (thanks DVC!!). We can't wait!!:yay:

EWP is from my first visit to the Comtemporary. It is really a simple concept but I can always remember my mother calling me to the window to watch every night.
It is my must do. :goodvibes:

BCV is the bomb!!!!

You're home!

Love the sniffing picture.

I think you're headed to Epcot too.

It was like you are walking back into your childhood home!!! :goodvibes:

Another vote for EPCOT.

Not sure why yours didn't " quote" with the others. You are just trying to be difficult HUH?

Maybe they can put out a dish with peas instead? :confused3
:rotfl2: Those premade breakfast things just look nasty. I was happy with my nopeas waffles. :rotfl2:

That's a low bar. I'm pretty sure Pennzoil is better than Nescafe.

I guess it is but I will drink the stuff they put in the rooms. Actually I will drink the nescafe too but I don't like it. :crazy2:

Thanks for the explanation! :rotfl2:

It does look a bit funny doesn't it. It was a good smell really. :snooty:

Yup thats how I felt. Like this too.
1sm184runhappy.gif

So I just GOT BACK IN THE CAR after checking in.
Several guesses for EPCOT or DHS or even Stormalong Bay.

NOPE

I hit the road again and head to MK and the TTC at 9:35am

IMG_4628.jpg

Parked in Simba and a tram was coming.

IMG_4629.jpg

IMG_4630.jpg

First time heading to the TTC via tram.

Lo and behold the new Peach monorail was approaching the station.

IMG_4632.jpg

IMG_4631.jpg

IMG_4633.jpg

Monorail won the coin toss Here comes Light Blue.

IMG_4634.jpg

Now time would tell.

But Remember Goofy? My AP. Who was sequestered in his own pouch since all my APs become demagnetized?

IMG_4635.jpg

I slide Goofy in and wait...... NOTHING the CM has to scan it to let me in.

Goofy let me down at the gate. :headache:

I ask the CM if it was demagnetized and she replied yes.

So my first ride would be Guest services. :worried:

I hop into Guest services to be helped right away.
A young man who was earning his ears and the one helping him.

I needed a TIW card as well, so the stop was necessary either way.

I ask him to check my AP and he tells me it is fine- not demagnetized. WHOO HOO GOOFY is GOOD. :woohoo:

I get my TIW with the AP discount and I am on my way fast. The CM earning his ears had not done one before so I taught him something new. :teacher:

Not Horrible.

I make it as far as the Firehouse since I wanted to pick up Sorcerer cards. That was also painless and easy. It also comes with a little training video. I am all set and ready to go.

Walking down Main Street USA

IMG_4639.jpg

IMG_4641.jpg

IMG_4642.jpg

I stop for a PP. The CM made me do the “Princess pose” princess:

IMG_4644.jpg

Which way do I head and which is the official first “ride” of the day?
Here is a hint.

IMG_4647.jpg

What a pretty dress!!!

MK. Did not see that coming!

I hope goofy really is ok and continues to stay that way.

No more new management?

Hey Pat,
I was a few posts behind but I'm all caught up now. You had me cracking up with the Dr. V sign. The only reason I like to see that sign is that I know we're getting close to WDW when I see it on our drives down.

Loved the pole dancing dinos, and the sunset pic at AK, you sniffing the lobby of the BC and your princess pose on Main Street! (your dresses in both pics are so pretty)

I was just looking at your previous trip reports about the side effects of the annual pass and I can totally relate. I got an AP last year when I ran the WDW Marathon and then the Princess 1/2. We ended up driving to WDW 5 times in 2011. I must say I feel sad that I haven't run a Disney race since last year. I wanted to run the ToT 10-miler when we are there in a few weeks but I waited too long to make up my mind but alas, the race sold out.
The AP is a dangerous thing - the next step in enabling my addiction to WDW is DVC I guess and your trip reports aren't helping... ;)

It's always fun to have a hand in training a new cast member. :goodvibes

We saw the Sorceror stuff being done, but we didn't do one ourselves. Brooklynn didn't really seem too interested. Maybe she will be in another year or two - if it's still around.

Main Street....can't wait to see it decorated in orange in four weeks! :dance3:

I need to make my list of things not to forget at Food and Wine.
I only have a week turnaround so I guess on the plane home I need to plan the next voyage.

Sigh, I'm so busy with my to 10 (2) list) I haven't listed F&W stuff specifically at all! Do have some Halloween stuff on the list.

Better look at that too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter