• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh, this is going to be a fun photo session!

luvflorida

DIS Veteran
Our grandson turns one at the end of this month, and is scheduled for a photo session on his first birthday. My daughter and I stopped in at Picture People a few days ago and made the appointment. He had his six month photos taken there, and we really liked the way they turned out.

The studio always suggests that you bring extra clothes and any favorite toys, blankets, etc., to personalize the pictures. The photographer also suggested that we bring a small cake with us. He said it would be really cute to put Carter in just a diaper and put the cake in front of him, and just let him go at it.:eek:

At first, I thought he was just being funny, but he was serious. I said something about the mess it would make in the studio, but he said no problem, they'd clean it up. So, we are going for it! The photographer blocked out an extended time slot so we can really have fun!:lmao:

Has anyone here ever done something like this for a first birthday? Obviously, most people take pictures like this at home, but in a studio? This is going to be an interesting photo shoot!:)

Our grandson turns one at the end of this month, and is scheduled for a photo session on his first birthday. My daughter and I stopped in at Picture People a few days ago and made the appointment. He had his six month photos taken there, and we really liked the way they turned out.

The studio always suggests that you bring extra clothes and any favorite toys, blankets, etc., to personalize the pictures. The photographer also suggested that we bring a small cake with us. He said it would be really cute to put Carter in just a diaper and put the cake in front of him, and just let him go at it.:eek:

At first, I thought he was just being funny, but he was serious. I said something about the mess it would make in the studio, but he said no problem, they'd clean it up. So, we are going for it! The photographer blocked out an extended time slot so we can really have fun!:lmao:

Has anyone here ever done something like this for a first birthday? Obviously, most people take pictures like this at home, but in a studio? This is going to be an interesting photo shoot!:)

Oh..I think it sounds adorable :) My friends daughter had a similar shoot, and the pics of cake on her foot as she crawled away are PRICELESS!!!

I did it with DD10, only...she wouldn't do anything. She just sat there and posed! LOL! We wanted her to put her hands in the cake or even her face, but she wouldn't. I did get very cute pics, though. Sorry, I'm scanner-less right now, or I'd post some. :)

ooh - clarification - I did it with DD10 on her first birthday! Not recently! LOL! and yes, it was a professional shoot in a studio. It was their idea to bring the cake.

As a photographer, I do cake smashes for every 1 year old. Some kids like it, some don't. It's entertaining, but messy. Have Fun! :goodvibes

I think the Picture People have gone a bit far.

I had to wait an extra half hour past our appointment for a large family group with clothing changes to get my kid's picture done for Father's day. I couldn't believe how many differnet poses the family wanted.

We took up all of 10 minutes for our shoot.

The next family (five kids w/ one parent) also had clothing changes for their shoot. Doing this just takes up way to much time. And they have no guarantee that they will even make any money on those pictures.

ooh - clarification - I did it with DD10 on her first birthday! Not recently! LOL!

:rotfl:

My younger daughter was with us when we made the appointment. When she heard the photographer suggest the cake smashing session, she kiddingly told him that she wanted to do that for her birthday, too. He said, "Sure, I'd love to take those pictures!" She turns 19 in two weeks.:rotfl:

I had to wait an extra half hour past our appointment for a large family group with clothing changes to get my kid's picture done for Father's day. I couldn't believe how many differnet poses the family wanted.

The next family (five kids w/ one parent) also had clothing changes for their shoot. Doing this just takes up way to much time. And they have no guarantee that they will even make any money on those pictures.

That's why I'm glad this particular photographer blocked out two time slots for us. And, we made an appointment well ahead of time, rather than just walking in.

:rotfl:

My younger daughter was with us when we made the appointment. When she heard the photographer suggest the cake smashing session, she kiddingly told him that she wanted to do that for her birthday, too. He said, "Sure, I'd love to take those pictures!" She turns 19 in two weeks.:rotfl:

I bet he would -- in nothing by a diaper! :rotfl:

I agree I don't like having to wait, but I also want a photographer who cares enough to get a good picture. If I"m the one paying for them, I want it to take as long as it needs....
You may not take long for photo shoots, but not everyone is lucky enough to have kids who pose perfectly in 10 minutes....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter