Oh the Pressure to do a PTR -- We're Home & Surprise Video up on Facebook

Kathy, I'm so sorry to read about Mark's mother. My thoughts and prayers are with you all and her.

I will try to get responses and an update done tonight.

I come to ask you to say a prayer for Mark's mom and to send your strength to my wonderful husband. They are placing her in hospice on Monday and stopping the chemo. She has shown no improvement at all, will not eat or drink or do therapy, and now has a staph infection.

Oh, Kathy. My love goes out to you all. :hug:

Kathy, So sorry to read your last post. My prayers will be going your way for both your mother-in-law and all who love her. Elaine

I come to ask you to say a prayer for Mark's mom and to send your strength to my wonderful husband. They are placing her in hospice on Monday and stopping the chemo. She has shown no improvement at all, will not eat or drink or do therapy, and now has a staph infection.

I'm so very sorry to hear this news. I will definitely continue to keep all of y'all in my prayers. :hug::hug::hug:

so sorry to hear this Kathy, know you, Mark and family are in our hearts and prayers :hug:

:hug:I'm so sorry Kathy. Of coarse we will send our prayers. :hug:

Oooooh Ms. Kat. :hug: Bless y'alls hearts, I'm so sorry for you and your family. Please let us know what we can do for you. Prayers are a given, but let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Kathy, I am TRULY sorry to read this, just had to let you know I am still here!!! :hug::hug: Prayers for peace and comfort, this is an extremely difficult time, I know.

On a MUCH happier note, I saw the wedding had been moved up, so excited on that front!
:goodvibes

I'm sorry to hear this Kathy. Thoughts and prayers to your family.

Oh Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear this. We will continue to pray for you, Mark, Mark's mom, and the rest of your family. :hug: :hug:

I am so sorry, Kathy. Sounds like she is ready to cross... my heartfelt prayer and thoughts are with you and Mark each day. gentle hugs. :hug:

p.s. So happy you have the wedding planning excitement to look forward to next year.

I haven't been to Coral Reef in ages. Has it gotten better? I assume if you're going back it's worth a visit?

Kelly, I have to admit I only had the salad and dessert, but I have had numerous people rave to me about the steak and the salmon.

I so need those beer mug glasses for F&W. :rotfl:

Well, a 2013 wedding? That's awesome. Keep us posted. and :cool1: woo hoo for a surprise visit!

I have to admit that dessert looks fabulous and I am really thinking I need a Coral Reef ADR in the near future.

I think you and Cynthia would look great in those glasses. :thumbsup2

The date is set, pending finding a church available. Alisha's mother said she would "stop being upset" about it if they got married in the church and NOT outside as Alisha wants. Alisha figures she will concede this one point with her mom; the only problem is the church originally booked for 2014 is not available, so they are searching other churches,. Keep your fingers crossed.

Yes, you must go to Coral Reef...if only for a salad and the Chocolate Wave. :goodvibes

Ate there once I enjoyed my meal but would probably enjoy it more if the company i was with was better and not so cranky. :rolleyes:

I hope that all works out. If they can swing it - they should go for it.

I love IllumiNations for the music and the fireworks. My favorite part is afterward though. When they play EPCOT music as the park closes. The old parade Tapestry of Dreams and another verison of the finale fireworks. :love:

Yes, a meal is never good if you have crabby company.

Just hoping for the church now.

I like the music, I just preferred the old way they did it...the whole globe thing doesn't do it for me.

Great Update and I think I guessed Coral Reef also !!! 2013 it is !!See I caught that!! You are so right with Marv picking on me innocent little thing that I am !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

And Marv calls you old? What does he know? :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Yes, 2013 it is, and we can't wait.

That is so exciting! :yay: Hope it all comes together well! pixiedust:

Alisha is out looking at wedding dresses with a couple of her bridesmaids as I type this message.

:woohoo: hope Alisha's parents agree with the change!

They were not happy, but they are coming around. Her mother wants her to get married in a church tough and not outside (I would have preferred the outside wedding myself, but it is her mother). They also bought the kids a $850 patio set for their deck as a housewarming gift, and her mom is taking her and her grandma to Davenport on Monday to look at more dresses.

Sounds like a perfect date for the perfect couple to me! :goodvibes

I agree 100%. :)

No flames from me, I'm there with ya on that one! I could take it or leave it, that and most of the parades I hate to admit. :scared:

I love the music, and I love parades, but Illuminations just doesn't do it for me.

I think it's great they are getting married sooner rather than later. :goodvibes :thumbsup2 I'll just miss getting to see you and your handsome, hat wearing hubby I think I hear you saying it three times fast.. I'm sure there will be other times, the kid's wedding is more important. ::yes::

I'm with you. What's the point in waiting?

I'm just upset that first I won't see Tim in January and now I won't see you in May. Perhaps another trip soon our paths will cross.

Hey Kat- I saw in Millie's quote your sentence about the wedding.. I guess I did miss it earlier. 2013 is still far away. Why plan 2 years out when you have over a year to plan. :confused3:confused3

328 days to go? Are you free to DJ? ;)

The dinner menu at The Coral Reef barely changes from the lunch menu. You know we eat here pretty often, and I am stuck in a rut, get the same thing whether lunch or dinner, the veggie struedel. You are right, the crab cakes are great! I love the mango with it!

That's the one place where I do occasionally get a drink. The Rum Runner is really great, but the ginger lemonade :sick:

I will put a note in my spiral notebook about the Rum Runner and maybe give it a try. I don't like lemonade or giner so I'll stay away from that one. :lmao::lmao:

Oooooh, a 2013 wedding!

Yes, very exciting. Alisha just texted me and they are on their way to a dress shop. She's going to send me a picture of the dresses she tries on. :love::love::love:

Looks like a nice surprise! :thumbsup2

Yes, it was.

mmmm... the restaurant with the live menu! :lmao:

Gee, I never quite thought of it that way before. :worried:

:wave2:

You are a good guy!

It was a goal of mine to try one of these last year to see if they live up to the hype. Unfortunately, I didn't get one. :sad2:

A lot of people prefer the other Slush, but I'm not one of them. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I can see it. I liked the old school version that spent more time highlighting each pavillion and less time focusing on a spinning globe LED screen. :confused3

I agree 100% with you...I loved that version.

I haven't eaten at Coral Reef since some pre-kid era, maybe around 1990. The only thing I remember is that our butter was mickey-shaped (3D statue-like, not just "hidden mickey" style) and Judy thought that was really cool.

Hmm, I should mention something about the wedding moving to 2013 to prove I wasn't just skimming....hey, when you're in love, why wait? Tell those lovebirds to just get hitched in '13 already! ;)

I don't think the butter is hsaped like Mickey anymore. :furious:

I agree...they are happy together, they want to start their life together, go for it I say!

:cool1: for being all paid up!!

Thank you.

I read how your spent your July 4. Sad. I hope that you saved the photos that your FIL didn't want to keep in the house. :hug:

It was sad; but it was fun looking at the pictures of when my inlaws dated, got married, etc. Dona (Mark's sister) took most of the stuff; but we took a few pictures of mom and dad and all the pictures of our kids they had saved. I gave a whole file folder to Alisha to have of Markie.

what?:goodvibes did I miss something? I did not know that you had another secret trip planned. How exciting!! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE being able to surprise my loved ones.

No, just one secret trip. September is not a secret; December is Mark's surprise 60th birthday trip and the one we had planned in May and will now 99.9 percent not happen was our 30th wedding anniversary trip.

you really do have great kids Kathy!

Thank you, MaryEllen...yes, I do.

so is that the photo of the sugar cane mojitoa? Is Dawa the place over by Kilimanjaro? I have missed its whole existence apparently. Though I have learned that I can't just drink to cool off -- it goes right to my head and then I am either very silly or very sleepy. but that looks worth the risk!!!

Nope, that was a pina colada with strawberry or raspberry in it...very good. I have to definitely eat something before I start drinking these days at my age.

Kathy
Sounds like you had a great time visiting with the kids, playing games, and then enjoying Barry Manilow!:hippie:

It really was a great weekend, and it gave us a chance to laugh and smile despite what is going on with Mark's mom.

We still have never eaten at the Coral Reef - the mixed reviews leave me uncertain. I will wait for your TR to see if I need to take the plunge!

I will be sure to let you know where my dining reviews are if I do them separate; this year, I must may keep them with the TR...if I do a TR.

I just love reading your plans -- they are reminding me of things we have not done since our first trip, and things that we still have never done. (Though I am not sure I will ever do RnR)

I don't blame you for NEVER doing RnR...too fast, too soon. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

YAAAA!!! Sounds like a great time with the kiddos!! I am glad you enjoy every minute you get with them.

YAAA!!! To on moving up the date. Why drag it out??? :lmao:

I have to tell you, we did Coral Reef on our trip and I think, for us, it was a huge disappointment. I actually ended up not eating much dinner and hitting quick serve back at Pop. Don't get me wrong, the atmosphere is awesome but the dinner I was not impressed with. Hope you have a great dinner though.. and yes, dessert does make up for things! :rotfl:

Thanks, Tam. We really did have fun with them; I truly don't like that they are 3-1/2 hours away, but at least we can drive it and not have to fly.

I'm sorry you had a bad meal at CR. Do you remember what you ordered so I avoid it? Although I'll probably stick to salad and my one dessert I will allow myself on the trip since I have to get into a party dress in 328 days. :lmao::lmao:

Does it count if I skimmed AND caught the change of dates? Or should I not mention it and just let you think I was actually reading the whole thing!

Of course, I did read the whole thing, and didn't skim, but I figured it'd be more entertaining if I had.

CR looks yummy. I'm actually hitting it up for my end of trip lunch on my trip! Maybe... I've scheduled it 3 times in 3 trips...and swapped it out each and every time. It's my Kona breakfast it seems ;) (along with GFC, which I am promising to keep this year!)

Of course, park plans look great, but why shouldn't they, you know what you're doing by now :p. Sad that our trips do not align this year (well, since I changed mine for work), but what can you do? I'll have to plan better next year :p (Disclaimer, next year is not entirely up to me, possibly, it may be an actual, non-solo trip with family!)

Hi, Allan. I am so sorry I've not been over to your TR/PTR...I promise to get back there soon.

You crack me up...I would never consider you a skimmer.

You MUST do Kona for breakfast...it rocks!

I hope I know what I'm doing by now. I'm sorry we won't see you either, but work comes first if we want to pay for these trips. It looks like 2013 will take us the last two weeks of August to Florida.

Sounds as if you had a great weekend with your kids-plus got a wedding date set! 2013!! That's like next year!

I have never eaten at Coral Reef, but that dessert is very tempting.

Love Mark's glasses! :laughing:

Plus, no flames from me. Illuminations is my least favorite too! Sometimes I feel as if I'm in the minority about that over here on these boards. We can team up together! ;)

Hi, Michelle. We had fun and the wedding date has been moved up...:banana::banana::banana:

The dessert is out of this world at CR.

Mark is a hoot, isn't he? The other night he was in a funky mood (I'm sure becasue of his mom) and he put on a baseball helmet he found in the garage. We almost couldn't get it off because it was so small. :rotfl::rotfl:

I'm glad I have someone to team up with over Illuminations. :thumbsup2

Who? Me??? :angel:

Angel? I don't think so. I think :joker: is mroe like it (I was going to say devil, but I couldn't find an icon for it)

I did catch this when I read the update! I already warned you about the timing for those Grandbabies........ ;)

Still NO grandbabies until 2017...Alisha must finish school first. But then I told her she had to get working on it...I'm not getting any younger. :(

Agree Glenn! If they are in love, nothing is really going to change between 2013 and '14........ except maybe Kathy's anxiety level!!! :rotfl: Besides, we know how Kathy feels about Ms. Alisha and being a part of the family so sooner is better!

The only anxiety is my son texting me 20 times a day, Alisha's mother being a pill and me giving them a huge check to help pay for the wedding.

I say being that much in love, why put it off until 2014??? :goodvibes

Totally agree.

I keep putting Coral Reef on the back burner, I've really got to try it one of these days. Maybe when we're out of the princess stage it'll be easier. ;)

What a nice surprise visit with the kids! I can't believe that they're moving the wedding up by a year though!!! :scared1: I'll bet that you're thanking your lucky stars that you'r the mother of the groom instead of the bride, there's a lot to do!

I'm with you on Illuminations. I'm just a sucker for Wishes and now MM&Y.

I think Maddie would enjoy Coral Reef; the kids get a kick of seeing the fish swim up close and "personal". The sea turtle fascinated Cayley and Avery in January.

I thought I'd be happy to be the Mother of the Groom and not the Bride, but Alisha calls me and asks for advice more than she does her mother. I don't want any problems here.:scared1:

Michelle, we've got another one to support us on Illuminations. Welcome to our tiny little group. I too am a sucker for Wishes...cry every single time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter