• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh the Pressure to do a PTR -- We're Home & Surprise Video up on Facebook

I promised you all an update last night and then we had the storm of all storms that I can remember and we lost power at noon. :sad1:

Luckily, the power came back on at 11 p.m. last night, but too late for me to do an update. I will work on it tonight or tomorrow for sure.

In the meantime, an update on Mark's mom (and now my brother).

Mark spoke to the doctor and, at most, my MIL has 9-11 months, all depending on how she handles the chemo (and if she continues to take the treatments...she is being very stubborn). Mark has seen her twice more and she has been a little better with him being there, but not great. She's also starting to hallucinate or something as she tells Mark and his sister the oddest of things.

You may all recall that my brother has had many medical problems over the years and had a major heart problem about 18 months ago. He went for his follow up visit this past Friday and the doctor told him the heart is NOT getting better, the medicine is not working and that the only thing they can do for him is a heart transplant. I have no idea where he is going from here, but I do know he goes for another test on Wednesday.

Please keep them both in your prayers.

Oh goodness. Not good news. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers!

Just getting caught up after vacation. So sorry to hear that your brother is not doing well either. You sure have had more than your fair share of bad news lately Kathy :hug:

Your plans for day 2 sound great!

I would totally be on RnRC with Mark, you can have ToT :lmao:

Jennifer (Happydog) turned me on to the Writers Stop in October. That carrot cake cookie? Oh my gosh, so yummy!

Wishes is a perfect ending to any day :cloud9:

I'll come back with responses after lunch, but just wanted to share the news -- the trip is paid off. We sent the final payment on Old Key West today. Now, all we have to do is pick up our AP's when we get there (which Andy is buying) and get my TIW card.
:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I promised you all an update last night and then we had the storm of all storms that I can remember and we lost power at noon. :sad1:

Luckily, the power came back on at 11 p.m. last night, but too late for me to do an update. I will work on it tonight or tomorrow for sure.

In the meantime, an update on Mark's mom (and now my brother).

Mark spoke to the doctor and, at most, my MIL has 9-11 months, all depending on how she handles the chemo (and if she continues to take the treatments...she is being very stubborn). Mark has seen her twice more and she has been a little better with him being there, but not great. She's also starting to hallucinate or something as she tells Mark and his sister the oddest of things.

You may all recall that my brother has had many medical problems over the years and had a major heart problem about 18 months ago. He went for his follow up visit this past Friday and the doctor told him the heart is NOT getting better, the medicine is not working and that the only thing they can do for him is a heart transplant. I have no idea where he is going from here, but I do know he goes for another test on Wednesday.

Please keep them both in your prayers.

Hey Ms. Kathy. Just getting a second to post here.

I am so sorry to here about Marks mother and your brother. We will keeping them in our prayers.

I hope your summer is going good. :goodvibes

I'll come back with responses after lunch, but just wanted to share the news -- the trip is paid off. We sent the final payment on Old Key West today. Now, all we have to do is pick up our AP's when we get there (which Andy is buying) and get my TIW card.

Such a good feeling to be paid in full! :goodvibes

And Yay! for AP's & TIW! :cool1:

great way to end your day....saw photos of Dumbo at night and it looks so pretty!

hope Mark's visit with his mom goes well :goodvibes

I can't wait to see Dumbo at night...well, two of them actually. :rotfl:

Mark's visits are up and down with his mom, but he keeps going despite her telling him not to.

That sounds like a really nice, low-key evening! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to see the new Storybook Circus area. All of the pictures look really cute!

I'd say I'll take lots of pictures for you...but you arrive shortly after I leave. :sad:

Sounds like a great way to end your day! We went over to see how Mickeystoontown looked now that it's officially changed names and it looked so cute. There were still walls up around a lot of the area in May but you'll get to see it all fresh and new!

I'll continue the prayers for Mark and his family. I hope things went well with this evening's visit.

Hi, Lisa. I think it will be a good first day. And I'm curious to see if we make it until midnight since we plan on being at the Animal Kingdom for EMH's the next morning. :crazy2:

That sounds like a great day Kathy! You have been on my mind and I just wanted you to know that you are in our thoughts!

Thanks, Queen, and thank you for keeping us in your thoughts.

Im sorry I havent responded in so long...I have been terrible about getting on the DIS lately for any length of time. I have been keeping updated through fb, the house is awesome, what a great buy!! We are looking to buy next year sometime hopefully!

I have been saying lots of prayers for Marks family and for you guys! Hope you are hanging in there and doing ok!

The September trip is coming up so soon, it will be a very much needed vacation and your plans sound awesome so far. Its getting me really excited to read your plans because it means our trip is right around the corner too :cool1: We havent been on Dumbo in forever, but we are making that one a priority this trip. I am very excited to see the new ride and queue area!

Shannon, please don't apologize...you have a wedding to plan. :goodvibes The kids did great on the house and we are very happy for them.

Thanks for the prayers.

We will be at the Dolphin on the 20th at noon to pick up our rental car. Perhaps you'll be around the hotel at that time and we can at least say a quick hello and give you a hug for your wedding.

Joining in! We'll be at POFQ from Sept 18-25th. We loved our last Sept trip and can't wait to go back.

:welcome::welcome: thank you so much for joining in. Our best friends (who we met here on the DIS) will be at the POFQ in October.

All caught up

So sorry to hear about your brother and Mark's Mother. :hug:

So much fun to help Alisha and Markie set up their home.

Thank you, Pat. It will be fun watching them make this house "their home." We went to the outlet mall on Sunday and, of course, I bought them more stuff. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Kathy, I am all caught up now.

I am so sorry to hear about Mark's MIL - that's so difficult for the whole family to work through. I hope that she softens a bit so that she and Mark can connect more in the days and weeks to come. The medications can play wicked tricks on patient's minds. :grouphug:
I will keep you all, esp your brother and MIL, in my prayers.

LOVE the pics of the new house! what a great deck and back yard!

Caught up on your day two plans. We ate at 50's PTC for lunch for the first time in June and LOVED it! Joe and I had the sampler and it just rocked (but good thing Joe liked the greens because while I loved the green beans, I really only like leafy greens in salad unless its spinach). I think of the three things we had in the sampler, the fried chicken really was the best but its not an easy choice.

We found a great spot for lunch/dinner at MK: the Tomorrowland Terrace. apparently its not always open, because this was the first time we ever saw it open. The food was great and as full as it was we did not have a problem finding seating. I will post phots eventually but Joe had a delish chicken pasta alfredo, and I had a lobster roll - first time having this and I was not sorry in the slightest!

starting my TR next!

Thanks, MaryEllen for the prayers.

Tomorrowland Terrace has NOT been open our last ten visits. I really wish they would have it open while we are there. That chicken pasta alfredo sounds really good.

Great MK plans! :thumbsup2

Will continue to keep you in my thoughts and send prayers your way.

Thank you, Tanz...we appreciate it.

All caught up!

Hugs and prayers for your MIL and brother as well as for you and Mark. I hope that her time left here is as peaceful as possible.

On to happier news, the kids new house is cute - love the deck! Woo-hoo for the September trip being on and paid off! :cool1::cool1: We really enjoyed 50's Prime Time. I think I had the chicken pot pie and everyone in my party enjoyed their meals. If you can handle another drink, get a milkshake! My Dad is 6'3" and a bit of a prankster himself and the waitress tied an Ariel bib around his neck because he looked like the messy type. Jordan almost peed her pants laughing so hard at her grandpa with an Ariel bib on.

I have been MIA with one crazy June behind me, and caught up! Thank you for your links. :goodvibes

First, so excited for your stay at OKW again! I am really looking forward to staying there again too, such a beautiful and calm resort.

The t-shirts and effort Mark has gone to for his student brought me to tears! I can see why you are proud of him.

And I skipped the chatter, but I see discussions of Mark visiting his Mom, I recall your previous post (another thread, Facebook? cannot recall) about cancer, I hope all is as good as it can be there. I'll have to go back and read the details that you shared here so I know how to pray. :goodvibes

Brooke, please no worries...I know I'm behind on yours yet again.

I can't wait to be back at OKW. Although a one-bedroom would have been nice, with the surprise December trip for hubby, I don't want to spend the money.

Mark continues to amaze his old mom.

Thank you for the prayers.

Oh goodness. Not good news. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers!

No, it hasn't been good news and it isn't getting better. :-)

Just getting caught up after vacation. So sorry to hear that your brother is not doing well either. You sure have had more than your fair share of bad news lately Kathy :hug:

Your plans for day 2 sound great!

I would totally be on RnRC with Mark, you can have ToT :lmao:

Jennifer (Happydog) turned me on to the Writers Stop in October. That carrot cake cookie? Oh my gosh, so yummy!

Wishes is a perfect ending to any day :cloud9:

I am going to have Mark try that carrot cake cookie (I don't care for carrot cake) because I've heard so much about it.

This is why Mark and I get along so well...he has his ride and I have mine. :rotfl:

Hope you had a great vacation.

Hey Ms. Kathy. Just getting a second to post here.

I am so sorry to here about Marks mother and your brother. We will keeping them in our prayers.

I hope your summer is going good. :goodvibes

Well, since you have NOT been here up until now, I think I should be able to say :welcome::welcome::welcome: timmy :lmao::lmao:

Seriously, thank you for the prayers.

And I hope that you, Mel and Princess Ana have a wonderful celebration on the cruise starting Friday.

Such a good feeling to be paid in full! :goodvibes

And Yay! for AP's & TIW! :cool1:

It is a great feeling. And I'll owe our son big time for the AP's...especially since he is buying his dad one too since we are going in December and May.

And I'm loving the fact of having the TIW...the dining plan just doesn't work for us anymore.

Yay For paying in full!!!!

Thanks, Rosie.

All caught up!

Hugs and prayers for your MIL and brother as well as for you and Mark. I hope that her time left here is as peaceful as possible.

On to happier news, the kids new house is cute - love the deck! Woo-hoo for the September trip being on and paid off! :cool1::cool1: We really enjoyed 50's Prime Time. I think I had the chicken pot pie and everyone in my party enjoyed their meals. If you can handle another drink, get a milkshake! My Dad is 6'3" and a bit of a prankster himself and the waitress tied an Ariel bib around his neck because he looked like the messy type. Jordan almost peed her pants laughing so hard at her grandpa with an Ariel bib on.

Thank you, my friend. It's been a rough couple of weeks; but Mark is at peace with the fact that his mother doesn't have long and is busy helping his dad and visiting his mom.

I love the house and they've picked out some really cute kitchen furniture and bedspread for the master bedroom. We're going to see them three weekends in a row...twice here and then in between out by them so we can see how the house is coming along with them in it.

I think I'll have Mark get the milkshake and I'll take a tast.

That is hysterical about Jordan's grandpa. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

It is a great feeling. And I'll owe our son big time for the AP's...especially since he is buying his dad one too since we are going in December and May.

And I'm loving the fact of having the TIW...the dining plan just doesn't work for us anymore.

I would love to get AP's. We thought about doing that this year but I couldn't really justify the price. And especially now that the kids price went up to the adult price. :scared: Oh well.....one day.

If I did get an AP, I would definitely do the TIW card too. It really sounds like it helps to save some money.

Since I did so well with replies, let’s do an update.

We are on Day 3.

We’ll start by having a little something to eat and then we will be heading here:

Day4008.jpg

AK was never a favorite of mine. This is probably due to the fact that we were traveling with younger kids and they were always hot (it is a hot park) and Mark got stung by a bee two years in a row and was crabby whenever we went there. But since Mark and I have been doing it alone the last several trips, it has fast become our third favorite park right after MK and Epcot (sometimes I even like it more than Epcot).

The first order of business will be this:

Day4033.jpg

And hopefully we’ll see lots of these:

Day4041.jpg

And some of these for Mark:

GirlsTrip2012032.jpg

From there, we will head over here for Mark (nope, I won’t be riding…I’ll be shopping)

GirlsTrip2012005.jpg

We’ll also want to do Dinosaur (Mark thinks he’ll be okay with his neck…if not, I’ll ride by myself). We’ll also do either Nemo or Lion King. We did Nemo last September, but I did Lion King with the girls in January, so I’ll let Mark choose. I also want to do do Rafiki’s Planet and the trails (have to get my Tiger on), and It's Tough to Be a Bug.

We’re having lunch at Pizzafari which Mark has never done. I did it with the girls in January and it wasn’t too bad of pizza. And since we have a nice dinner later in the evening, I don’t want to eat too much at lunch.

There are two other things we need to do before we leave the AK to head to our evening park. And that is:

Stop at the Dawa Bar so I can have one of these:

GirlsTrip2012135.jpg

And Mark wants to try an African beer.

And stop here to see my good friend:

Photo0919FourBySix.jpg

And Mark can see:

Day4055.jpg

Up next, where do we go for the evening????

Mmmmm, the Dawa Bar, maybe my favorite attraction in all of AK :lmao:

I would think that if ToT is too much for Mark's neck, then Dinosaur definitely would be, that thing jerks you around like crazy!

Mmmmm, the Dawa Bar, maybe my favorite attraction in all of AK :lmao:

I would think that if ToT is too much for Mark's neck, then Dinosaur definitely would be, that thing jerks you around like crazy!

Michelle, I might agree with you on the Dawa Bar after my second go round. :)

Yes, Dinosaur probably is too much for him. Now that you mention it, I rode myself last year. ::yes::

well the dawa bar can fix that neck right up then!

Oooh....now there is a good :idea:

Sounds like a very nice day in AK! :thumbsup2

I really need to find this Dawa bar when we're there & get one of those drinks. Maybe it will help me to like AK better. :rotfl:

Can't wait to hear where y'all are going for dinner that night. :goodvibes

Your days are shaping up nicely. :thumbsup2

I think I'm with you on the Dawa bar scene. It's one of the many things I still haven't done at AK. I'm so looking forward to knocking some things off my list there.
Dawa is one of them and so are the tigers!! Can you believe I've never seen the tigers?!?

Still lifting y'all up in prayer, hang in there and let me know if there is anything I can do for you. :hug:

:wave2: Kathy! Finally made it back over here. Am I forgiven??? :worried:

You and Mark are still in my thoughts and prayers with Mark's DM and your DB! Even though Mark accepts what is ahead with his Mom, I know personally it is still tough on him! Sorry to hear things aren't getting any better with your DB! Hopefully he will get good news on a possible transplant!

Then I think we will hustle over here and I'll ride
Day6052.jpg

(yes, and it will be by myself as Andy won't be there) and Mark will ride this
GrilsTrip2012015.jpg

Yep, we'll both be doing our "own" ride; I can't handle Rock & Roll and he is afraid to do the Tower of Terror after his neck surgery.
I guess Mark’s surgery affects him more if his neck gets the feeling of compression or elongation more than side to side. As for you not riding RnR.......... :sad2:

RnR is one of my two favorite coasters at Disney. :thumbsup2
We are having lunch at a place we cancelled last year only because our time at the Studios with Andy was short. We'll be going to:
50sPrimeTime.jpg
(borrowed from the internet)
I am open to all suggestions for what to drink or eat at 50's; it's been at least 12 years since we've been there so I'm sure there is a lot new.
Okay, I guess I really need to get on that TR update for 50’s PT don’t I??? :blush:

This is the one ADR that the boys always ask if we are doing on our trips. They love this place. We really get into the atmosphere and the food is always wonderful! I can personally attest to the Pot Roast, the Fried Chicken and the Chicken Pot Pie! Sounds like I need to try the sample platter next time so I can check out the Meat Loaf. During the October trip, Magdalene got the PB&J milkshake and thought it was really good. I got to try a little of it and agreed.
And play with your electronic gadgets. :rolleyes:
And make sure you blow the paper wrapper off the end of your straws at your Cousins........ ::yes::
They are an adorable couple, Christine, and having so much fun planning the decorating for the house, the wedding, etc. No...no nursery until 2017 at least.
Famous last words........... :lmao:
And we'll definitely be watching Wishes, my ALL TIME favorite Disney night show:
Wishes is definitely a special treat! One of my favorites also! :goodvibes
From there, we will head over here for Mark (nope, I won’t be riding…I’ll be shopping)
GirlsTrip2012005.jpg

We’ll also want to do Dinosaur (Mark thinks he’ll be okay with his neck…if not, I’ll ride by myself).
Sounds like Mark and I would get along well! RnR and EE!!!! :hyper: Surprised with his neck that Mark ventures onto EE, but I guess that is more of the being familiar with what to expect. That trip backwards always jerks my head around a lot and is difficult to fight against at times. Now Dinosaur with all the bouncing, I could certainly understand Mark being hesitant to ride if that is the part that bothers his neck after the surgery.
There are two other things we need to do before we leave the AK to head to our evening park. And that is:

Stop at the Dawa Bar so I can have one of these:

GirlsTrip2012135.jpg
Okay, so which drink is that? :confused3 I guess I need to try a little more of the Dawa Bar offerings! They look really good but rather small. I’m sure they would disappear really quickly on a hot day! :drinking1 I guess sharing would be a waste of time............ :rotfl2:

I'm kind of the opposite of you... I never really cared for AK, but now that we have kids, I can see it becoming a park we'll spend more time in if they're interested in the animals. I can usually go ride the Safari, ride Everest a few times, ride Dinosaur, grab lunch at Flame Tree and I'm ready to leave. :rotfl2: :lmao: Maybe I need to add Dawa bar to the list too...

I need to make a point to ride Dinosaur next time we're there. Last time, I didn't ride it because I didn't want DW to have to wait outside for me. I know it is a jerky ride, but I guess I don't remember it being as bad as it's reputation. :rotfl:

Hope the family is doing better. :goodvibes

Yay for the trip being paid!! :cool1: It really is the best feeling. Will there be more than the two trips in your future? ;) And how sweet is Andy? You raised the nicest boys.

Your AK day looks great. Mark pretty much hates it there. Max likes it. I really enjoy it, too. I think it has a lot to offer, especially if you're willing to ride EE multiple times, which I am...so... What was that drink from the Dawa bar? It looks yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter