• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh the Pressure to do a PTR -- We're Home & Surprise Video up on Facebook

Lisa, glad you made it to the first page.

Yes, I caved (I've always had a hard time saying no).

No...no contest for my resort pick. Mark and I are battling over our choice and that's why a third option came into play.

um, rock -- paper --- scissors :confused3:rotfl:

my guess is CSR...thinking you need to "go home" :goodvibes

I'm here, even though I missed on your January TR :guilty: I'm scheming a way for Ann and myself to meet you and Mark.

I'm here!

I can't believe some nasty DISers "pressured" you into a PTR. :rotfl: Bad DISers.

Can never get too many intros from you as I love seeing everyones pictures. I especially love Mark doing his umpire moves!

You don't have your resort yet? What? Can't be. Anxious to hear what you will end up deciding.

Hi Kathy!! I'm so far behind on your TR (which I plan to fix this morning) but I'm here from the beginning for this one!! I can't wait to hear about your plans. :goodvibes

I'm here, thanks for the PM! :cool1: So glad you're doing a PTR! Great intros, and I'm going to guess the 3 resorts you are choosing from are OKW, AKL and CSR! :banana:

um, rock -- paper --- scissors :confused3:rotfl:

my guess is CSR...thinking you need to "go home" :goodvibes

I will give in....CSR is one of the three choices. ;)

I'm here, even though I missed on your January TR :guilty: I'm scheming a way for Ann and myself to meet you and Mark.

Betsy that is awesome...but since we are there at totally different times, how are you going to manage that?

I feel the same way about our October trip. :lmao:

You still haven't settled that? You better get going girl...that's food and wine time.

Long time lurker deciding to join in!:)

:welcome::welcome: Thank you so much for joining; I'm always delighted to have a new reader. Please feel free to post at any time. And when the "guys" show up, just ignore them...they are really harmless. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Cynthia, delighted to have you as always.

I'm here!

I can't believe some nasty DISers "pressured" you into a PTR. :rotfl: Bad DISers.

Can never get too many intros from you as I love seeing everyones pictures. I especially love Mark doing his umpire moves!

You don't have your resort yet? What? Can't be. Anxious to hear what you will end up deciding.

You know, Mary Ellen, some people here can be really demanding. :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

I love that picture of Mark; I really should go to a tournament one of these weekends and watch him in action. I'm just afraid if I do and someone starts giving him grief that I'll punch their lights out.

Yay for peer pressure! I'm in.

:wave2: Glenn; I'm so happy I have one of my guys here. :goodvibes

Hi Kathy!! I'm so far behind on your TR (which I plan to fix this morning) but I'm here from the beginning for this one!! I can't wait to hear about your plans. :goodvibes

Amy, this will be slow moving once I get past the dates, flights and ADR's as I don't think the resort will be determined until the middle of the month.

I was behind on your TR too, but I think I finally caught up.

Hi Kathy, I'm here happy to join in!!! Elaine

Hi, my dear friend. I am so glad you found my PTR. I'm always thrilled to have you along for the ride.

Ali is here. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: So glad you are here, girl.

I'm here, thanks for the PM! :cool1: So glad you're doing a PTR! Great intros, and I'm going to guess the 3 resorts you are choosing from are OKW, AKL and CSR! :banana:

Hi, Jen. Yes, I was "pressured"...although I won't mention any names to do this. I'll try to find a way to be entertaining. ;)

All I'll say is that you have two of the three resort choices correct. ;)

So when are we going to DW again? Well, obviously in September as that is "our" month to go. Mark works all of April through the end of July doing baseball to help pay for this obsession we have and then August he has a show in Las Vegas he has to go to and August is really too hot in Florida (although September is not much better sometimes). We talked about going around Labor Day as we had in the past, but he has a September trade show in Chicago and we would have had to make a shorter trip; and, as it turns out, we have a wedding to go to on September 8. It is the son of my friend who lets us use his condo in Marco Island every year and we really have to go to that wedding.

So I started researching flights and they were low and then they went up, then they went down and then up again. I finally found prices that weren't too bad and Andy put the flights on his Southwest Credit Card because he gets points for it and we will pay him back with Mark's first umpire check (not the whole check as the check will pay for the flights, resort and the rental car).

Okay...so you're asking "what the heck are the dates already?"

We leave on Saturday morning, September 15. We looked at going Friday night, but it was actually cheaper going Saturday morning. Mark is NOT thrilled with our flight because it is at 6:30 a.m. This means we have to leave the house by 3:45 a.m. to get to the airport (he's a stickler for 2 hours ahead of our flight). But as I told "Grumpy", we're not going to a park that day and just chilling at the pool and going to DTD to eat at EOS so he'll be able to have a nap.

ArrivalDayandDay1001.jpg

We are flying United out of O'Hare. Believe it or not, it was cheaper than Southwest or AirTran out of Midway. I'm sure we'll be stopping at Starbucks to get me one or two ;) cappucinos and something for Mark to eat with his meds.

ArrivalDayandDay1009.jpg

Our flight arrives in Orlando at 10:12 a.m. and for the first time ever together we are taking the ME bus and NOT renting our car until later in the trip.

I don't have a picture of the ME bus, so I'm using the one of me on the bus with "my girls" from our January trip:

girlstrip2011022.jpg

I can't wait for Mark to ride the ME bus...he's going to love it.

We will be at Disney at our chosen resort from September 15 and will depart on the 21st; but we won't be flying home. We'll be driving to Marco Island for the other part of our obsession...hanging with my little sis, Nicki, and my adopted brother, Todd.

We fly home on Saturday, September 29. Yep, that's a FULL week on Marco Island. This has turned into a full two week trip.

Our flight coming home is at 7:39 in the morning and we land at O'Hare at 9:39 a.m. Thish gives me time to do laundry and for us to relax with the dog for two days as she will be absolutely miserable by the time we get home.

Are you flying out of MCO on the 29th? If so that's a long drive you have to make from Marco Island back to Orlando. If not my scheming isn't working too well.

Are you flying out of MCO on the 29th? If so that's a long drive you have to make from Marco Island back to Orlando. If not my scheming isn't working too well.

No, we fly out of Ft. Myers for the flight home. If it had been cheaper to fly out of MCO, we would have. But it was $75 more per person. And I liked my $260 round trip air fare per person.

Hi Kathy! So glad you posted this link on FB or probably wouldn't have found you with as little time as I have to spend on the DIS anymore :sad2:

Wish you were going over Labor Day again so we could meet up! BUT, if I had the option of a shorter trip over Labor Day or a 2 week trip later in the month, well........I'd go with the long trip too :thumbsup2

I'm here! Good start, I hope you do end up choosing CSR so I can get a preview before our trip...:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter