Oh, The Places We’ll Go! From the “stars” to the “sea”: Universal, SeaWorld & beyond - Spring 2016

Nice first full day! I love Sea World. Looks like you were having a great time so far! We live within driving distance of Sea World San Antonio so have been there many times. Have not yet checked out the Orlando Park, but maybe on another trip.

I've been following your trip reports, but I think this is my first time posting to it. (I may have once, but I'm getting old and can't remember, lol) We leave in 3 weeks, and my normal crew for the last 5 trips are my 14 y.o. DS and my 30 y.o, DNeice. This may be our last trip together for a while, since she just found out she's pg. What I'm hoping to hear about soon is if you preferred the character breakfast or the dining plan at US. I can't decide which to get. Thanks!

When we were at Sea World in March, the penguin ride was closed, too. We were equally bummed!:( I wonder how long it will be down for? We're going back in a few weeks and hoped to go on the ride then.

I'm so happy to hear about your Sea World excursions! Unfortunately, we had to nix the idea of going for our upcoming trip :( In true Buffalonian fashion I must say "There's always next year" :sad2:

Just caught up after a busy few days. I'm sorry that the VIP check in experience was such a wash out but it looked like you still managed to make the most of the afternoon and evening. I can't believe how quiet Sea World looks - looking forward to seeing if it got busier later in the day or not.

SeaWorld! Yay! I agree, that part of the park is soooo pretty. The whole thing is pretty, but that part is especially well done.

That's kind of a shame they switched it to a continental breakfast.

Hi Gina,

I am following along and wanted to send you a thank you for this trip report. I enjoy reading your reports and getting terrific ideas for our next trip.. :)

Oh, I just love SeaWorld. It is just such a beautiful, relaxing park. It's my husband's favorite park of all the parks in Orlando (it's only a very close second to me to EPCOT). We were married in Discovery Cove because we love SeaWorld and Discovery Cove so much (they have such a similar vibe). I even love Busch Gardens (especially with the free Mears bus ride from SeaWorld). We only live 10 minutes from Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA, but the Florida Busch parks are in a league of their own. I could stay in the manatee/sea turtle area all day at SeaWorld. The background music and watching the manatees/turtles is my happy place.

Funny SeaWorld story: we were over at the stingray lagoon and this family with two little boys (about 3 and 6) had purchased the fish to feed the stingray. The littlest boy picks up a fish and his dad is trying to show him how to do it. He looks at the fish, puts the head in his mouth, and bites it off. I thought the mom was going to have a heart attack! :scared1:

Can't wait to read more! LOVE first days of vacation! The world is your oyster!

Another fun installment, Gina! I do love the lunch signs under the fruit...avocado ranch looks like strawberries to me :hyper:

LOL, I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out....not even when I was standing right there in front of it. I only had eyes for those yummy muffins, obviously :love: :rotfl:.

Nice first full day! I love Sea World. Looks like you were having a great time so far! We live within driving distance of Sea World San Antonio so have been there many times. Have not yet checked out the Orlando Park, but maybe on another trip.

You should definitely give it a try if you ever get the chance....its such a relaxing, enjoyable park. One of my treasured Orlando 'happy places', for sure. I am always so grateful that my guys love it there as much as I do.

I've been following your trip reports, but I think this is my first time posting to it. (I may have once, but I'm getting old and can't remember, lol) We leave in 3 weeks, and my normal crew for the last 5 trips are my 14 y.o. DS and my 30 y.o, DNeice. This may be our last trip together for a while, since she just found out she's pg. What I'm hoping to hear about soon is if you preferred the character breakfast or the dining plan at US. I can't decide which to get. Thanks!

:welcome: Iheartdopey10! Glad to have you reading along....and especially happy that you are joining in the chat :goodvibes.

The character breakfast at Universal Studios wins over the dining plan a million times over.....it was SUPERB! ::yes:: In the event that I don't get that far in my report by the time you leave, you'll have to take my word on it....but its awesome. Truly. It was one of my favourite events of the whole trip!

When we were at Sea World in March, the penguin ride was closed, too. We were equally bummed!:( I wonder how long it will be down for? We're going back in a few weeks and hoped to go on the ride then.

Weird! I wonder if it happens to have something to do with their breeding patterns? I will keep my fingers crossed that its back up and running for you on your next trip....be sure to post back here and let us know!

I'm so happy to hear about your Sea World excursions! Unfortunately, we had to nix the idea of going for our upcoming trip :( In true Buffalonian fashion I must say "There's always next year" :sad2:

Aw, that stinks :headache:. Think of it this way, though....it gives you a reason to go back to Orlando. Not that you need another reason, of course :rolleyes1 ... but its as good an excuse as any!

Just caught up after a busy few days. I'm sorry that the VIP check in experience was such a wash out but it looked like you still managed to make the most of the afternoon and evening. I can't believe how quiet Sea World looks - looking forward to seeing if it got busier later in the day or not.

A bit of a spoiler, but I can tell you that foregoing purchasing Quick Queue was a very smart decision ;).

SeaWorld! Yay! I agree, that part of the park is soooo pretty. The whole thing is pretty, but that part is especially well done.

That's kind of a shame they switched it to a continental breakfast.

Yeah, for those who like heavier foods for their morning meal, the downgrade would be a bit disappointing. I have to say, though, that the muffins were delish and the strawberries were soooo good (but I'm a sucker for strawberries at the best of times!) and I surprisingly didn't miss the more elaborate breakfast platters from the original dining plan breakfast menu.

Hi Gina,

I am following along and wanted to send you a thank you for this trip report. I enjoy reading your reports and getting terrific ideas for our next trip.. :)

Thank you for such kind compliments! I am so happy you find my trip reports helpful :goodvibes. Welcome aboard and don't be shy.....feel free to jump in to the chatter as we roll along :thumbsup2.

Woah an empty Seaworld.. SCORE! I do hope to make it to Seaworld one of these days.

I absolutely recommend it. Stay tuned for more photos and info on the various attractions....the best highlights are yet to come!

Oh, I just love SeaWorld. It is just such a beautiful, relaxing park. It's my husband's favorite park of all the parks in Orlando (it's only a very close second to me to EPCOT). We were married in Discovery Cove because we love SeaWorld and Discovery Cove so much (they have such a similar vibe). I even love Busch Gardens (especially with the free Mears bus ride from SeaWorld). We only live 10 minutes from Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA, but the Florida Busch parks are in a league of their own. I could stay in the manatee/sea turtle area all day at SeaWorld. The background music and watching the manatees/turtles is my happy place.

Funny SeaWorld story: we were over at the stingray lagoon and this family with two little boys (about 3 and 6) had purchased the fish to feed the stingray. The littlest boy picks up a fish and his dad is trying to show him how to do it. He looks at the fish, puts the head in his mouth, and bites it off. I thought the mom was going to have a heart attack! :scared1:

Can't wait to read more! LOVE first days of vacation! The world is your oyster!

Oh, my word.....I seriously would have gagged at the fish biting :sick: :scared: . Gotta love the unpredictability of little boys ... its hilarious as long as its not your own child :lmao:.

You got married at Discovery Cove?!?! What a perfect place for such a special event! I sure hope Jake's future wife....whoever she turns out to be.....will get on board with a Florida destination wedding. Perhaps that should be one of the 'interview' questions when he brings around a new "friend"? :scratchin

LOL! Fellow Buffalonian chiming in to say that I'm better with the "There's always next year" when it comes to a park or ride on vacation but why oh why do we always have to say it with our sports teams???:confused3

LOL! Fellow Buffalonian chiming in to say that I'm better with the "There's always next year" when it comes to a park or ride on vacation but why oh why do we always have to say it with our sports teams???:confused3

Cause you picked the wrong teams :) JK

I love that peace and quiet of rope drop! Your pictures capture that feeling of a warm and sunny Florida morning with a park stretched out before you! That was really nice of the Sea World staff to tell you to save your money and hold off on QQ. My favorite Sea World statue is of the Manatee, but it is hard to choose!

We feel your pain. Our poor Blue Jays have been annihilated the last two nights. Oy vey :sad2:.

The penguin ride has been down a lot lately

Have you heard any whisper of why that might be? Sheesh, they finally get the Sky Tower running and now Antarctica isn't running.

Cause you picked the wrong teams :) JK

There better not be anyone who openly admits they're cheering for the Cavaliers on this thread ;). #WeTheNorth!

I love that peace and quiet of rope drop! Your pictures capture that feeling of a warm and sunny Florida morning with a park stretched out before you! That was really nice of the Sea World staff to tell you to save your money and hold off on QQ. My favorite Sea World statue is of the Manatee, but it is hard to choose!

I adore the manatees as well :love: . Such big, gentle giants....you just want to reach out and hug 'em.

The new manatee area is so incredibly well done. You haven't seen it since it opened a month or so ago, have you? I am so happy that SeaWorld has chosen to give the public a bit more of an insight into their rescue efforts of these beautiful creatures! I have some great photos of that area from our second day at SeaWorld, which is coming up WAY at the end.....our last full day.

Bautista was certainly annihilated...

Not to get too controversial :rolleyes2 but I was so happy to see Odor get an 8 game suspension and Bautista only get one (which was deserved....it most definitely was an illegal slide). I despise the kind of behaviour that Odor demonstrated, though.....and it has nothing to do with the team he plays for. I would openly condemn those same actions if committed by a Jays player. Major leaguers get paid enough money for the public to expect they can handle themselves like adults and not like 12 year olds on the school playground.

LOL....once his Raptors made the final 4, his appreciation of the amazing Lebron James had to take a back seat. Everyone has limits!! :teeth:

13151793_10205383543581504_4616699641870112530_n.jpg

LOL....once his Raptors made the final 4, his appreciation of the amazing Lebron James had to take a back seat. Everyone has limits!! :teeth:

13151793_10205383543581504_4616699641870112530_n.jpg

You bet We The North!!!!!
We are a basketball family in this house and we are darn proud of our Raptors!!
:D

However.. last night was painful to watch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter