OH NO !!! They changed Dinosaur

Maybe my DD4 will be able to ride it then. I'm kind of bummed though.

Have you or your DD ridden this before? It is very scary and my DD7 and even I left the ride saying Never again. Too scary for us. I can't imagine a little 4 year old on this.

We just got back and DH & I could have sworn that the dinosaur at the end chased us when we honeymooned there in '02 and now he just comes out - are we remembering wrong or has it been changed?

I just rode this ride on last Sunday for the 1st time. I didn't see any dinosaur chasing us. I only saw one pop out in front of us towards the end.....Unless, I was so scared that I didn't notice it!

Good spot :thumbsup2

Now Im puzzled because cameras are supposed to give an inverted picture arent they unless all this technology and digital age corrects for this.

Cameras (even film ones) don't give mirror images. If they did, every word you ever photographed would have been backwards. Photos show everything exactly the way it was when the photo was taken.

If they did, every word you ever photographed would have been backwards.

Unless you took a picture of the front of an Ambulance. :lmao:

AmbulanceFront.jpg

Last week when we rode it the flash came from the left, illuminating a wimpy dino. Yet that part somehow scared me, it wasn't the dino that scared me but the flash of the camera that came out of nowhere, I forgot where the camera was.... and it was the first time in awhile that we rode that ride. My sister mocked the warning side outside of the ride warning of the dark and Scary Dinosaurs, guess who wasn't laughing when we came off the ride?

Rest assured guys he's just in for some refurb. work and unfortunately until he's ready to go again they have that pathetic replacement which is just laughable. I haven't heard when they'll be bringing back to big guy, but he IS coming back.....hopefully by October when we're there because I love that ride.

Oh that is too bad. I hope it is back by the time we get there during the week of June 12th through the 19th.

Unless you took a picture of the front of an Ambulance. :lmao:

AmbulanceFront.jpg

Well clearly your camera is defective. :)

I'll note that Figment632's definition of broken includes "working as intended by Disney". Disney made the conscious decision to change several aspects of the attraction to make it less scary, especially when they decided to partially tie it in to the "Dinosaur" movie and needed to make it more kid-friendly.

The Carnosaurus chase was one of the victims of that decision.

Well clearly your camera is defective. :)

I'll note that Figment632's definition of broken includes "working as intended by Disney". Disney made the conscious decision to change several aspects of the attraction to make it less scary, especially when they decided to partially tie it in to the "Dinosaur" movie and needed to make it more kid-friendly.

The Carnosaurus chase was one of the victims of that decision.

Yes and a bad one imo.

The ride is a hot mess right now 35% of the effects are either not working or just turned off.

Yeah, I love Dinosaur but sadly have never seen it with all of the working parts.

I know the pteradactyl is supposed to come down at your ride vehicle and also the little dinos (Compsognathus I think) that come at you from above are supposed to move but are just under strobe effects.

How much more would I love this ride if it all actually worked?!

If they're going to change rides to make them less scary -- please get rid of that huge drop in Expedition Everest because I'd like to ride the rest of it :)

I liked Dinosaur the way it was -- that kind of scary I can take.

Yeah, I love Dinosaur but sadly have never seen it with all of the working parts. I know the pteradactyl is supposed to come down at your ride vehicle and also the little dinos (Compsognathus I think) that come at you from above are supposed to move but are just under strobe effects.

How much more would I love this ride if it all actually worked?!

With every part working it is truley a great ride, If Indy is the top a 10 then Dino with all the working parts is a 9.5.

Are you kidding me? That darn Dino better be up and roaring by the end of June! We have all kinds of sneak plans to get my sister on it! She went on ellen's energy ride 3 years ago and keeps saying the she wants to make sure she gets to go on the donosaur ride again. Well, we'll take you on a dinsosaur ride alright!

Are you kidding me? That darn Dino better be up and roaring by the end of June! We have all kinds of sneak plans to get my sister on it! She went on ellen's energy ride 3 years ago and keeps saying the she wants to make sure she gets to go on the donosaur ride again. Well, we'll take you on a dinsosaur ride alright!

Ohhh so evil but oh sooo smart! haha

My 23 yr old brother will be happy, he's terrified of the dinosaur ride (any ride with animatronic monsters) and especially the ones that move towards you...he thinks they'll come alive and eat him ha ha ha...but he'll be happy.

I'll tell him they upgraded it to a dino that is even bigger and scarier then he'll be really nervous getting on the ride, although the last time, he closed his eyes for most of the ride. And he's a certified EMT who is studying to be a fireman ..can you believe it?

WHAT!!!! That has to be the best part of the ride. I love looking at the picture and seeing everyones terrified faces. Hilarious!!!! Somehow I don't think that a small one will have the same effect. I really hope they put the proper one abck soon.

They moved him? Hallelujah! Every time we ride that ride I sit front row right side so the dinosaur is at perfect positioning to bust my ear drum. Every picture I've seen of us on Dinosaur has me holding my ears!

I'm so disapointed if this is true. That giant head coming at me was really the highlight of the ride. So many things getting watered down these days.

I'm so disapointed if this is true. That giant head coming at me was really the highlight of the ride. So many things getting watered down these days.

Yup thank TDO for that and the Yeti most of the eddects on DIno that aren't working are easy fixes that TDO won't spend the money on to fix.

Both my kids rode this ride for the first time two years ago and it scared them both pretty bad. BUT we head back next week and they are both pumped to ride it again thanks to studying Dinos in school and seeing the Dinosaur Arena show a few weeks ago. We'll see how they really feel when we get to the ride but hopefully we'll get to ride it again. The fact that I can say one of the effects that was really scary is down will help. Now if I can just get DD to ride EE with us without bribing her I'll be great. Right now she's set the price for a ride on EE at 10.00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter