Oh No she has to cancel.....what about me????

tinkerbell3747

DIS Veteran
:scared1: So I will spare the long story and stick to the basics...i have booked a grand gathering of 9 people (inclusive of children) for our trip in August 2008.....we have 3 seperate package reservations but my sister will have to cancel (party of 2) which brings us down to 7....i am concerned about our room reservations for the other 2 groups and if i will have to cancel the packages and re book:confused: :eek: we also booked a few ADRs for a party of 9 including Cinderella's Royal Table which of coarse was pre paid others on the list are scifi and le celliar....we are staying at POP will this cause me to have to redo all my work or can I just call and inform the resturant that we will be down 2 ppl.....I have read on the boards that you could loss all yor ADR's if i try to change the number of people..we are not worried about the lost of money to the RT..if anyone could help i would appreciate it...

Not sure about Cinderella's Table, I would call them, but the rest of the ADR's should be fine. When we made reservations for 5 to the princesses in Norway I asked the ADR person what would happen if only 3 of the 5 made it, she told us to just tell them when we checked in that there was only 3.

at CRT you can cancel without penalty up to 24hrs in advance so call and see if you can cancel just those 2 people. As for the other ressies...call and explain the sitiation to the CM and I am sure they will do their best to help you out. Your only knocking off 2 people so its not that bad. Where it may be tricky is anything special you had booked as a "grand gathering", but hopefully they can just transfer the ressies from a GG to regular packages. Call on the room/package stuff first and then call about your ADR's. good luck, it will all work out AOK!

thanks much..we havent booked any grand gathering stuff we have a very full IT with that having been said I will definatly check into everything i am just really stressed at this point...i need to finalize everything and the others are just not worried like i am....i am doing all the planning and everything none else seems interested....thanks for the support...:)

at CRT you can cancel without penalty up to 24hrs in advance so call and see if you can cancel just those 2 people. As for the other ressies...call and explain the sitiation to the CM and I am sure they will do their best to help you out. Your only knocking off 2 people so its not that bad. Where it may be tricky is anything special you had booked as a "grand gathering", but hopefully they can just transfer the ressies from a GG to regular packages. Call on the room/package stuff first and then call about your ADR's. good luck, it will all work out AOK!

your girls are gorgeous:cutie:

I am not sure about the room ressies but when we went we had all our ressies for ourselves and my in-laws who ended up not coming. I never changed any of the dining ressies but at check in just informed them that two people in the party were not able to come and we never had a problem. Hope it all works out!!

I would defiantly keep the Cind. ADR, seeing you are not concerned about the $ issue. I believe you would have no problem filling those two spots once you get to WDW, provided you don't mind a little company at your table(s)
Someone would be VERY grateful to get a chance to get in!
Good luck & have fun!:cool1:

Hey great news everyone my husband and i were able to pay for my sisters reservation with alot of sacrafice it was done, it was more important to me for her to be there than to have anything I could absolutly do without.

so were back to a party of 9 :cool1:

This just happened to me, It was going from 11 to 7. For an ADR for LeCellier and Hoopdedoo. The CM I got said, he had to speak with someone else, that he couldn't change it. It was about 2 weeks before we would be arriving, so everything was booked. After about 15min. he came back and forth asking me different ?'s, and finally he said it was all taken care of. And I just checked my credit card today and the refund was on there for the HDDR credit. I was so happy it worked out. (leaving one week from today, so hopefully it all goes well)

Oh, just saw your new post. That's great news!!!! Have a great trip!!!!

Hey great news everyone my husband and i were able to pay for my sisters reservation with alot of sacrafice it was done, it was more important to me for her to be there than to have anything I could absolutly do without.

How lucky is she to have a sister like you? :thumbsup2

Hey SkipperKim,

Thanks for that I am just happy she will be there, it would have been odd looking back at the photos and her not being in them the first thing that would have been mentioned was "Tabitha should have been there" I am happy about it.

What a fantastic thing to do!!! Hope you have a wonderful trip because what you did already is magical.

thanks Disnut8,

I didnt think of that maybe I did add a some magic to her summer

Has anyone here done a grand gathering before, we will be there for quite a while and with a little tighter budget, what are somethings we could do together without spending to much or any money? May be some great photo ops you have used? or A great counter service dinning experience, favorite spot to watch wishes etc.

We are easy going and dont feel like we need to book any of the Grand Gathering package additions though I am sure they are special, let me know if you guys have any ideas.

thanks

I have to say one of the grand gathering things we have done was the Illuminations Dinner. This was FANTASTIC!! You have a special dinner at the Odessy in Epcot. They have a buffet with food from around the world - then the "hostess" plays games, sings, goes around the table to ask about your gathering, etc. Then they take you to a special area outside Mexico for a dessert buffet and Illuminations. What a view!!!!! Yes, it's pricey but so worth it!

i dont have any information on a grand gathering but i just read your post and wanted to say you did a wonderful thing for your sister and she is very fortunate to have someone like you in her family...hope you have a fantastic vacation! :wizard:

thanks Disnut8,

I didnt think of that maybe I did add a some magic to her summer

Has anyone here done a grand gathering before, we will be there for quite a while and with a little tighter budget, what are somethings we could do together without spending to much or any money? May be some great photo ops you have used? or A great counter service dinning experience, favorite spot to watch wishes etc.

We are easy going and dont feel like we need to book any of the Grand Gathering package additions though I am sure they are special, let me know if you guys have any ideas.

thanks

Of course you added magic.

Things I can think of for grand gatherings without breaking the bank. A miniature golf tournament. Have "prizes" like "winner gets to decide first ride of tomorrow" Or second place gets to choose "the time we sit down for a break without complaining".

For photo ops, just ask someone coming along. If you have everyone posed and ready, ask someone who doesn't look like they are in a hurry to snap a quick picture. I'll take anyone's picture who asks.

If you have people who can handle a dinner or lunch of pizza and/or hot dogs, everyone go over to the Boardwalk and order from both the Spoodles take out window (pizza) and the Boardwalk to Go kiosk (hot dogs, et al) and then sit in the area right between the two.

Everyone go out to Rafiki's Planet Watch at Animal Kingdom and each person has to pet at least two goats. And pictures to prove it.

A few things we like to do as a large family is:1. Go to Beaches and Cream and order the 'kitchen sink'. It is just over $20 and is PLENTY for 9 people. My youngest son requests that every trip that we go with extended family. 2. Ride the monorail to the beach at the Polynesian. Go to the beach and see the Electrical Water parade (9:00 P.M) or Wishes (usually 9:00 or 10:00). 3. Rent the bikes and ride around the Boardwalk.
I hope you all have a wonderful time!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter