OH NO! Its going to rain! What do we do? 0225 Magic

goofyfan27

Earning My Ears
We will be on the Magic 0225 and my dad just checked the 10 day forcast and it is reporting that the rain is going to follow us thru the whole trip!

Does anyone have experience on a cruise ship when it rains? Do they have alternate activities to do? Special rainy day schedules/events?

I would hate to be stuck in the cabin the whole time!

PLEASE share your experiences with us so we don't have to worry about it!

Ginger

I understand your fear, but try not to fret too much... they do add extra activities when the weather is not tops, and there is always something fun to do even if it's raining. I think,... :scratchin,... pretty sure I read on here that they try to cruise into some sunshine :sunny: if at all possible,..so don't give up hope :thumbsup2 wishin you a MAGICAL cruise pixiedust:

OT...
I just realized that you will be on the same cruise as my family :grouphug:
They are from Ohio and there is 10 of them they will be the ones singing
"Zip a dee doo dah" at the top of their lungs, :eek: :lmao: :rotfl:
..family tradition. :confused3 sadly :( my huband and I are not able to go this time, we have to wait until Oct so enjoy for us :goodvibes

Holly&Joesmommy said:
OT...
I just realized that you will be on the same cruise as my family :grouphug:
They are from Ohio and there is 10 of them they will be the ones singing
"Zip a dee doo dah" at the top of their lungs, :eek: :lmao: :rotfl:
..family tradition. :confused3 sadly :( my huband and I are not able to go this time, we have to wait until Oct so enjoy for us :goodvibes

I am sorry to hear you will be missing it! I think my daughter and I will probably being singing Zip a dee doo dah ourselves. We are already driving everyone nuts with "Leaving on a jet plane.... I don't know when I'll be back again."

Hey Ginger,
Check out the cruise meets thread for our trip. We have about 250 DISers going on this cruise. We're meeting on Sunday morning at 11:00am by Goofy's Galley (formally Scoops). See you on board!

Rick

Oh boogerschnots, I am going to Orlando for the weekend and you made me look - and yeah, it's going to rain!!!!! Oh Man - there goes my thoughts for a base tan prior to our cruise. :headache:

Greetings to the 25 Feb people from the March 11 people. As trailblazers, we would appreciate it if one of you kind folks could let us know how the Bahamas Customs forms are supposed to be filled out. Do we just put that we're staying 0 nights, and hotel is not applicable? We know you'll find out before we do.

Please and thank you.

Try not to let the little pictures of clouds and rain scare you in the weather report. I live in Orlando, and according to weather.com most of the days we're (my family is on the 2/25 also) looking at a 30% chance. In Florida and the Caribbean that can mean absolutely nothing. A 30% chance of rain would never cause us to cancel outdoor plans. You may get a quick sprinkle, or a sudden short downpour, but a 30% chance is usually nothing to get concerned about.

Melanie

rjh8115 said:
Hey Ginger,
Check out the cruise meets thread for our trip. We have about 250 DISers going on this cruise. We're meeting on Sunday morning at 11:00am by Goofy's Galley (formally Scoops). See you on board!

Rick

I would like to see 250 DISers at Goofy's Galley!! I feel sorry for the person who wants ice cream. :lmao:

Have an awesome and MAGICal cruise!

Mortlives said:
Greetings to the 25 Feb people from the March 11 people. As trailblazers, we would appreciate it if one of you kind folks could let us know how the Bahamas Customs forms are supposed to be filled out. Do we just put that we're staying 0 nights, and hotel is not applicable? We know you'll find out before we do.

Please and thank you.

Hi, hope I can help you fill out the forms. I found information posted somewhere on this site by a person who actually works in the cruise terminal. Unfortunately, I just shredded the information, but I think I can answer your questions. I am on the Feb 25 cruise and filled out my Bahama Customs form this morning.

You only need to fill out your name, address, and citizenship in the first part. You don't have to include your passport number, unless you are not a US citizen. Check the box for arriving by: Discovery Cruises/Ferry/Other Ship.

Fill in your date of arrival, and put PC for the city where you boarded this plane/boat.

Put a number 1 in the box for the intended stay, and check other for the type of accomodation. Then all you need to do is sign it.

Also, you should be able to check in online about 3 or 4 days before you leave. Our cruise information was opened up yesterday or the day before, I think, and closes tonight. Just go to retrieve your reservation at Disney's website and you will see the information. If you have any other questions about the documents, feel free to send me a personal message. I will be available through Friday night, and then again on March 4 in the evening.

Enjoy your cruise. Leta

:cheer2:

goofyfan27 said:
We will be on the Magic 0225 and my dad just checked the 10 day forcast and it is reporting that the rain is going to follow us thru the whole trip!

Does anyone have experience on a cruise ship when it rains? Do they have alternate activities to do? Special rainy day schedules/events?

I would hate to be stuck in the cabin the whole time!

PLEASE share your experiences with us so we don't have to worry about it!

Ginger

I'm on that cruise too! :cool1:
dont worry, we have been monitoring the weather as well, and from what I've looked into, the weather will be pretty good (70's) and our costa maya day is supposed to be 85!!! :banana: :banana: we are keeping our fingers crossed for excellent weather, but based on previous experience with the disney wonder, we are never bored, regardless of mother nature! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter