Oh no! Have to cancel our CRT ressies....what to do??

Fairydust.Indy

Earning My Ears
We are going to be in Disney the week of April 29. We had planned on going with another family, who has had to cancel. I am really disappointed, but happy for them, pregnant with twins!! :dance3: We had CRT ressies for April 30 at 8:30 a.m. for 6...but now there will be only 3 of us! Do I try to change our ressied to 3, or do I try to reschedule, or will I have to cancel outright. We were planning on using our meal passes, but they do have our credit card number which is required when making reservations. I don't want to be charged for 6 meals!! But I don't want to forfeit our ressies. Anyone been through a similar situation, or have advice???? I have the same issue for Chef Mickeys. I am not too worried about our other ressies, those two most important! :confused3

The only advice I can give is to call and talk to a CM.

With the CRT tickets being a "hot item," I'm sure that they'll let you change your reservations to 3 people, and will be happy to sell another table to a lucky family of 3!

So, call and ask before you get too worried. 1-407-WDISNEY

Cancelling CRT is no problem. Do NOT call the W-DISNEY line. Call 407-WDW-DINE and simply tell them you want to cancel - have your confirmation number handy. They are not able to change the number in the party because you have already been assigned a specific table size and they cannot sit 3 people at a 6-top table. Your credit card will not be charged since you are outside of the 24 hour cancellation time; nor will you lose any meals off of your dining plan.
If you show up to CRT with 3 people on a 6 person reservation, they may seat you, but you WILL be charged for 6 people. Chef Mickey's does not require a credit card guarantee and, thus, they simply won't seat 3 at a 6-top table. I would call to check of the availibility of a 3-top table, but I can tell you in advance it's highly unlikely that it will be available.

Perhaps Vemnox knows more than me...

But what would it hurt to ask?

From this "Disney Dad's" experience, taking my little princess to CRT was worth every penny, and I would gladly pay double to see the look on her face again.

If Vemnox is right, then consider how important this meal is to you (or your daughter). You may choose to keep the reservation and pay double. Or, as I suggested, you can call and see if there is something that they can do.

Why don't you call Disney and tell them that is looks like the other 3 will have to cancel and ask what you can do? You could then find out what they will do if you keep the reservation for 6 and show up with 3. You could also see what else is available for 3, perhaps at other times or even other days. If you find a slot for the three of you, THEN cancel your ressie for 6.

If absolutely nothing is available for 3 and you still want to go, you MIGHT be able to find someone here, at your hotel, or even in the park that wouldn't mind sharing a table with you.

Being that 1/2 my role is in the Dining Reservation Center, I can pretty definatively give you that answer. :)

great ideas matt f and wvparkfan! I really don't want to cancel. For a 5 year old, this is a really important meal!! We've been once before...and we are really looking forward to doing it again!! Thank you for your understanding advice! :wizard:

My advice to you is to keep your ressie for now, but call every week or so to see if anything has become available. If the only option is to cancel, then wait until the last minute to do so. 48 hours, I believe? You lose nothing by keeping the ressie for now, and maybe can find someone to share as a PP mentioned. Chef Mickey may not be as difficult to get a seat, but I would hang onto that one until you do as well.;)

If they can't bring it down to a party of 3 and you are up for company, post over on the rest board, you may find a mom who will be thrilled to join you.

Thank you all so much. I'm relaxing a little bit more now. Good ideas. It is just such a bummer....you plan and you plan and have it all worked out, and then it the plans start to unravel!! Ugh! You guys are making it easier.

I am guessing you could probably find someone here who could fill the other 3 spots...but I just wanted to add what happened to us. I made a reservation for 7 but 2 decided not to come. I called and was told nothing was available for 5 and that I would be charged for the other 2 if we kept the reservation. I was willing to pay b/c I did not want my girls missing out on this.

We went and told them there would be only 5 of us. They seated us at a 6 person table and did not charge us for the missing people. They even credited their part of the deposit to my bill. I think this is an example of the difference between policy and real life application. I would not count on not being charged but it could happen. GL!

When I had to change the number in my party for some of my ADRs last year, the CM just gave me a new reservation. So, yes your first one will be cancelled, but they should be able to give you a new one without any problems.

It doesn't hurt you to call. You will never know unless you call. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter