Oh no d:

Disney Dreams I'm with you...don't sell your jewelry.
SpaceMania if this trip in not meant to be...you can save for a trip at a later date...you said you are 19, you could find a part time job and save up for a trip...at only 19 you have many trips ahead. It is sad not to go at this time, but you could have a great time planning your next visit. Your parents know their limitations, and this is something you should abide by.
jmho JC

Disney Dreams I'm with you...don't sell your jewelry.
SpaceMania if this trip in not meant to be...you can save for a trip at a later date...you said you are 19, you could find a part time job and save up for a trip...at only 19 you have many trips ahead. It is sad not to go at this time, but you could have a great time planning your next visit. Your parents know their limitations, and this is something you should abide by.
jmho JC

its just disappointing that they are now saying we cant go, and its 2 weeks away. plus we're letting the rest of our fam down. but i see where you are coming from.

I don't see anything wrong with selling stuff that means nothing to you, to get a lifetime memory that you will carry with you forever. I am old.. As dirt... I never have said to myself... Gee I wish I had more junk that means nothing to me.. But I have said that I wish I had grabbed more memories... Done more..

When you get old as dirt you will find yourself getting rid of junk and stuff, downsizing, ect... Better to learn now how to figure out what is precious to you, and what is not.

If you can't go this summer, then definitely think about getting a job and going next. And being in school is no excuse. I worked all through both high school (yes, I did work at McDonalds!) and then college. I couldn't have imagined getting through college without my jobs, actually. My parents paid for my tuition--which I was very greatful for--but I had to make up the rest of my living expenses. It helps you gain good life skills for the future. Even postponing a trip when you can't afford it can be a good life lesson, and help you financially plan better for your next trip. I know that sounds really annoying, but it's true.

P.S., I have been trying to figure out what this means: D: I couldn't figure if you made a typo or if it was suppose to be a home made smiley face!

If you can't go this summer, then definitely think about getting a job and going next. And being in school is no excuse. I worked all through both high school (yes, I did work at McDonalds!) and then college. I couldn't have imagined getting through college without my jobs, actually. My parents paid for my tuition--which I was very greatful for--but I had to make up the rest of my living expenses. It helps you gain good life skills for the future. Even postponing a trip when you can't afford it can be a good life lesson, and help you financially plan better for your next trip. I know that sounds really annoying, but it's true.

P.S., I have been trying to figure out what this means: D: I couldn't figure if you made a typo or if it was suppose to be a home made smiley face!

Yeah; i get enough lectures from my family and just didnt want any more on here. ha

i wouldnt say its home made smiley face, because loads of people that i know use it! its like a mix between a :O (shocked) and a : ( (sad) i guess. haha. i don't really know how to explain it.

Use Hotwire or Priceline for your hotel stay. This will save you plenty. If you want help with that, PM me. I've used these two 7-8 for Disney and have yet to be disappointed.

BC

Use Hotwire or Priceline for your hotel stay. This will save you plenty. If you want help with that, PM me. I've used these two 7-8 for Disney and have yet to be disappointed.

BC

But I don't think these are working as well now as they were. Mostly because Priceline redid what the area around DLR is. The old data doesn't work anymore to help bid. It will take a while for new information on bids and outcomes to be compiled until we can bid confidently.

But I don't think these are working as well now as they were. Mostly because Priceline redid what the area around DLR is. The old data doesn't work anymore to help bid. It will take a while for new information on bids and outcomes to be compiled until we can bid confidently.

I've been doing fine lately, even with redefined zones. Crowne Plaza $52, Hotel Menage $67, Anaheim Hilton $51. And these are weekend dates.

It's all about comfort with these two sites, really. If you know what you're looking for, it can be done.

BC

We're making a few trips this year (we bought APs! :banana::banana::banana:) and we're staying at the Super 8 on Katella or the Quality Inn on Manchester. Both are still roughly in walking distance. We're using our Entertainment card discount and are never paying more than $210 for 3-4 nights). Quality Inn still has a parking fee and resort fee (that end up being $6 per night), but Super 8 doesn't. I haven't stayed at either yet, but am hoping I made an ok choice...

We stayed at the Desert Inn and Suites (next door to Park Vue). They have large suites there with 2 or 1.5 baths and are generally cheaper than Park Vue. They do have breakfast (nothing special - pastries, bread/toast, jelly, cereal, milk, coffee, juice, apples or oranges) and a cost-conscious person could possibly nab bread/jelly from there, add your own peanut butter and have that and a piece of their fruit for lunch... just remember you'll need some baggies. ;) No evening meal here, but they do have a fridge/microwave, so you could stop by the grocery store on your way in.

Of course, for all of these, you're only 2 weeks out and it's summer, so you'l pay a premium. If you do decide to use priceline and need to buy ART passes, getawaytoday has a great discounted price on those.

Also, for bring-your-own park food, remember trail mix. We made our own custom mixes (peanuts, mixed nuts, m & m's, pretzels, golden grahams, raisins, etc) and I found that they were very filling. I could get through the day with just the hotel breakfast and trail mix (then McD's on Harbor for dinner).

[snip] 100 for train to get to my uncles; [snip]

Depending on the route and how you have priced it, you may be able to save on the train. We just took the train to and from Anaheim and on the trip home, I was able to show the gentleman next to me how he could buy the same ticket for $82.50 for which he had paid over $140! -- Suzanne

Are we seriously suggesting to a 19 year old poster that she sell her jewelry to go on a trip to Disneyland???

SpaceMania, please do not do this. Selling your things in a moment of "how can I get to Disneyland?" has WAY to high of a chance of regret a few weeks after the trip.

Perhaps your parents could help you with the small amount that you are short and it could count as a pre-Christmas/Channukah gift. Or as a pre-birthday gift?

Seriously, do not sell jewelry for two nights at Disney. The regret factor is just too high.

- Dreams

Yes, that is correct. I am not suggesting to you to sell anything, but rather the OP. Apparently, I should have elaborated a bit more on the subject. As in, gold and silver that one is interested in selling. And not anything that one will regret. I see no good reason for your tone toward me,nor do I appreciate it. With that said, it would be that to which one no longer wants, needs or otherwise is interested in keeping. And to their advantage as well. For payouts, especially with United States Gold Buyers is most competitive, if not above such actually.
I for one have done this. And I do not regret one bit of gold or silver jewelry that I have sold either. I have sold diamonds too. It was that to which fits my criteria as stated above. I earned a very nice payout too. Further more, the OP is an adult. I am not suggesting to a child,doing this. Some credit is deserved.
You have your opinion, I have mine. And if necessary, we can agree to disagree. Thank you .....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter