Oh no d:

Have to comment on this one. I have been in the hotel/motel business for YEARS. Never, ever, ever bathe in a tub. Some of the chemicals they use to clean them are really harsh(make them nice and shiny but do not come off easily and have even heard of hotels using the stuff as a spray and NOT washing it away.) And then there are the places who do not do a good job of cleaning(nothing like getting athlete's foot from a tub) so I always clean it before we take a shower. Even when I had small children I made them shower(if they were too small to do it alone they showered with mom) because I refuse to let my kids be submitted to these types of problems.

I know it would be nice if all hotels were perfect, but unfortunately they are not. And I have seen and heard some REAL horror stories.

On a different note...always check your bed for headlice. If hotels do not wash their blanket(or cover) every time(and yes some do not) you can come home with come critters.

Ok sorry OP to threadjack...but had to do my soapbox on this one.

Ha. this is why i bring my own blankets and such to hotels :laughing:

Do you have any unwanted real gold or silver? On the budget board, there is an entire forum dedicated to selling such. I have myself twice to United States Gold Buyers. Just a tiny bit of gold can yield hundreds of dollars.

I will go through some jewelry and try to find some gold! i think i have a chain or something that is broken. I have been going through my room all night looking for something to sell. Anything worth something I am constantly using. lol :/

I will go through some jewelry and try to find some gold! i think i have a chain or something that is broken. I have been going through my room all night looking for something to sell. Anything worth something I am constantly using. lol :/

Look in the garage! I'm sure your parents have stuff in there that they would like to get rid of (ask them first! lol) AND you'd be doing them a favor by cleaning it up! ;)

If you can determine for certain what you have is genuine gold or silver, then great. Otherwise, don't worry about it. For United States Gold Buyers will tell you if it is not real. Mind you if silver is stamped STR and has a diamond or other symbol next to it, that is not genuine silver. With gold, it must be just that. And not gold electroplate, nor filled, nor HGE which is stands for heavy gold electroplate. Look for 925 or 999 for silver. For gold, normally there is a stamp such as 18 K. I say that because especially with older foreign gold jewelry it might not have a gold stamp on it. Get a good magnifying glass, and take a good look at what you have.

I second the suggestions for Del Sol and Anahiem Plaza Inn. They are both quick walks to the gates. I wouldn't let one bad story about the Quality Inn scare you off either as Stubby said harsh chemicals to clean the bathtub was a bad idea but a common industry standard procedure.

Also consider something on the intersection of Habor and Orangewood south of the resort, you can walk up and into the Toy Story lot and hop on the quick Disney Shuttle bus to the gates.

As with many of the further distance hotels thier is usually a bus stop within 200 yards. So you can use ART Anaheim Resort Transport for a small fee to get to the parks. If staying on Harbor use the even cheaper OCTA public buses to get to the parks.

This way you can find many options in the $50 to $75 range. But will sacrifice time getting to and from the park.

I got the Doubletree Hilton in Orange for 45.00 per night--and they had a free shuttle to Disneyland that left once a hour. I was able to get it through "name your price" on priceline--so that is the exact amount I bid. They did have a parking fee, though.

I knew I was getting the Doubletree from studying the hotels through hotwire and matching up the ammenities. The process was actually surprisingly simple.

This was a 3 1/2 star hotel. I called the hotel after getting the listing and told them I need two beds, as I was traveling with my kids, and they said that was no problem. The hotel was clean, modern and nice. The only issue people may have with it is that the beds were "full" sized rather than queen, and the fact that you do have to shuttle to disneyland. The shuttle bus was not ART--it was the hotel shuttle bus.

Have to comment on this one. I have been in the hotel/motel business for YEARS. Never, ever, ever bathe in a tub. Some of the chemicals they use to clean them are really harsh(make them nice and shiny but do not come off easily and have even heard of hotels using the stuff as a spray and NOT washing it away.) And then there are the places who do not do a good job of cleaning(nothing like getting athlete's foot from a tub) so I always clean it before we take a shower.

<snip>

On a different note...always check your bed for headlice.

Chemical burns from the tub? Lice in the beds?! :eek: Dear God in Heaven, I was just worried about bed bugs! Maybe someone should make a thread "How to Protect Yourself in Hotels". *shudder* :sick:

I agree Christy! :faint:

Maybe one should sleep sitting down, instead of lying down. Or try to hang up side down like a bat. ;) It might just work. :)

Stubby is scaring me. ;) he he .... no really..... why oh why would a property not change all of the pillowcases between a change of guests? That just so is not a good idea.

Are you sharing a room with your relatives or staying by yourself? Sharing a room would be much more cost effective. If staying by yourself I personally have not had issue with the quality inn. I've also stayed at that Doubletree in Orange for $44/night through Priceline. I however did not sleep well there but that was probably just me.

Chemical burns from the tub? Lice in the beds?! :eek: Dear God in Heaven, I was just worried about bed bugs! Maybe someone should make a thread "How to Protect Yourself in Hotels". *shudder* :sick:

I too was only worried about bed bugs!!!!:eek: At target/walmart they sell travel clorox wipe maybe I should take them to wipe down the tub with so we dont get athletes feet from our showers:confused3 We have always stayed at the Hilton Anaheim and we just love it but I guess we can never be too careful:rolleyes:

Are you sharing a room with your relatives or staying by yourself? Sharing a room would be much more cost effective. If staying by yourself I personally have not had issue with the quality inn. I've also stayed at that Doubletree in Orange for $44/night through Priceline. I however did not sleep well there but that was probably just me.

I second the sharing a room. Does your uncle have room for you in their room and you could contribute to the cost? If not would they be willing to let one of your cousins share a room with you and contribute to the cost of that room?

Are your relatives all staying at the Park Vue? If so I would definitely stay where they are staying. You may be able to save money staying elsewhere but the basically 2 free meals at Park Vue are a big savings. I would try to cut cost on park tickets and keep a lookout on Park Vue Facebook I hear they sometimes offer specials. Park Vue also has the 3 queen room maybe the whole family can book that room and if needed get an extra cot? Hope it works out for you ;)

Thanks so much for all your help!

Yes, my family is staying at the park vue, but if we have to move to lower the costs, then they will move with us. (Which i would feel horrible about because its not their fault i cant afford to go)

We discussed staying in one room and decided against it. Some of the younger ones get pretty cranky and i don't know about sharing 1 bathroom with 6 people O_O

i will def look into the other hotels, but we want to stay where we can walk and avoid trams.

& maybe i wont go at all now that we are talking about chemical burns/lice/bed bugs. thats some scarey stuff!!! :scared1:

Thanks again SO much for all your help.

Do you have any unwanted real gold or silver? On the budget board, there is an entire forum dedicated to selling such. I have myself twice to United States Gold Buyers. Just a tiny bit of gold can yield hundreds of dollars.

Are we seriously suggesting to a 19 year old poster that she sell her jewelry to go on a trip to Disneyland???

SpaceMania, please do not do this. Selling your things in a moment of "how can I get to Disneyland?" has WAY to high of a chance of regret a few weeks after the trip.

Perhaps your parents could help you with the small amount that you are short and it could count as a pre-Christmas/Channukah gift. Or as a pre-birthday gift?

Seriously, do not sell jewelry for two nights at Disney. The regret factor is just too high.

- Dreams

Can someone point out the budget forum for me? I tried to find it. Urgh...

I wish you luck on your trip. I wouldn't let the hotel stories bother you. Just check over the room before you take anything in the room. Look in the creases of the mattresses, behind the headboard, and the nooks and crannies of the room for bugs, or signs of bugs. Good hotels do change the pillow cases and sheets. It's the beadspread and the blankets that they don't change after every visit. Even though they should!!

Are we seriously suggesting to a 19 year old poster that she sell her jewelry to go on a trip to Disneyland???

SpaceMania, please do not do this. Selling your things in a moment of "how can I get to Disneyland?" has WAY to high of a chance of regret a few weeks after the trip.

Perhaps your parents could help you with the small amount that you are short and it could count as a pre-Christmas/Channukah gift. Or as a pre-birthday gift?

Seriously, do not sell jewelry for two nights at Disney. The regret factor is just too high.

- Dreams

I wouldn't sell jewelry that means anything to me. i have broken chains and things that i wouldnt need anyways. I'm not stupid, i wouldnt do something i would regret when the trip is over.

&my parents are supposed to be paying for the whole thing because i'm not working as i am a full time student. thats what the whole problem is.

(&people- please don't tell me that i should be working. i know that. i'm working on it. ive just been preoccupied with classes)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter