• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh No - Chickenpox!!!!!

baby_belle

Mouseketeer
We are due to go on our first every trip to Disneyland Paris on Wednesday but I think my little girl has just come out in chickenpox!!!!!!

She has a few spots on her back, round her ears, under her armpits so it is not looking good. I am assuming if the spots have only appeared today then there is no chance we can fly on Wednesday??

I will take her to the doctors tomorrow morning but I am in a real panic now. We took insurance out with Thomas Cook when we booked our trip - does travel insurance generally cover something like chickenpox? I assume if it is then the doctors will need to write a letter for the insurance company.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Oh no :grouphug: Hope you get this sorted with the insurance and can book another trip soon :)

Oh no, what rotten luck :sick: . As a mother of 2 who have both had chickenpox, I am pretty sure that once the spots are out the child is no longer infectious. However, the travel company and/or airline may not be willing to take the chance. Hope it all works out for you and that your DD gets better VERY soon. :thumbsup2

A child with chickenpox is no fun! Its been a while, but as I remember my daughter had to stay home for a week after she first showed symptoms. Stock up the Aveeda!

Hope everything is OK, what bad timing. We did have a similar thing, we went to the South of France and 3 of ours came out in Chicken Pox, luckily we were driving and self catering so it didn't affect us, mine were only poorly for a couple of days and one hardly at all. We did have a call out by the doctor just to check and confirm it was chicken pox and the insurance company paid up no problem. So good luck you never know the airline might let you fly and by Wednesday I doubt she will be feeling ill.

arghhhhhhhhhhh
chicken pox is going around here right now too. as for contagious, shes still contagious until all the spots have crusted over, which usually takes a week....
am sure that insurance shud pay out, as theres no way u can go are airlines and stuff wont take u....
poor love, hope shes ok, and if shes itching - piriton syrup is brilliant!!!
nikki

My kids got Chickenpox when we were out in Florida. You cannot fly until the spots are crusted over. We had to take them to the doctors in the USA and had to get a letter to say they were safe to fly.

Our insurance company did cover our doctors expenses which we occured in the USA with no problems.

I am so sorry your daughter caught them and hope you get it all sorted out :hug:

Thanks everyone.

I guess there is a small chance it could be a false alarm but I am not too hopeful.

It is just such bad timing - I could cry!!!

Thanks everyone.

I guess there is a small chance it could be a false alarm but I am not too hopeful.

It is just such bad timing - I could cry!!!

:grouphug: Has she been a bit off colour the last few days ?

Oh no... I'm also dreading chicken pox. Neither of my girls have had it...

Hope she's not too unhappy and hope things work out for you.

:grouphug:

I got chicken pox twice- Seriously, I'm a medical freak!! Lol!

If it's any consolation, its one illness best to get out of the way when they're young.

Hope things work out for you!! :hug:

Bob xoxoxox

oh no!!!!:eek:

Hopefully its a false alarm

We were worrying since 06 about the chicken pox..I just had a feeling the kids were gonna get it because we had to fly.....they didn't but they got it on a different holiday...it was in Scotland and we took them anyway...no one bothered at all...and they crusted over pretty quick anyway.
But flying is a different kettle of fish all together.

Good luck....I hope you get to go!

Thank you all for your replies - very kind of you.

Unfortunately it definitely is chickenpox and our holiday is a no-go. Air France have confirmed she will not be able to travel but everything should be ok with the insurance so hopefully we can re-book another time. The trip was a birthday treat (she is 4 tomorrow) which is really upsetting but I am sure it will be worth the wait when we finally get there.

Not sure when we would be able to go again though as I really didn't want to go during the summer holidays (I don't think the girls (DD2 is 2) would be able to cope with the crowds and then DD1 starts full time school in September. Would it be very cold to go in October and is it still quite busy at that time?

Just hoping my younger daughter gets it now too and then it is out of the way for her too although I have never had it either so not looking forward to that if I catch it.

Thanks again everyone.

Unfortunately it definitely is chickenpox and our holiday is a no-go. Air France have confirmed she will not be able to travel but everything should be ok with the insurance so hopefully we can re-book another time. The trip was a birthday treat (she is 4 tomorrow) which is really upsetting but I am sure it will be worth the wait when we finally get there.

Not sure when we would be able to go again though as I really didn't want to go during the summer holidays (I don't think the girls (DD2 is 2) would be able to cope with the crowds and then DD1 starts full time school in September. Would it be very cold to go in October and is it still quite busy at that time?

Oh you poor thing - what terrible timing! Your daughter must be so upset - big hugs to you all :grouphug:

We're going to DLP at the beginning of October and as it is my first trip I don't really know what to expect, but I believe it can still be fairly warm in October (if you're lucky) and in early October the crowds shouldn't be too bad, plus you get the Halloween decorations and parade.

Hope you can get sorted with another date soon.

We are due to go on our first every trip to Disneyland Paris on Wednesday but I think my little girl has just come out in chickenpox!!!!!!

She has a few spots on her back, round her ears, under her armpits so it is not looking good. I am assuming if the spots have only appeared today then there is no chance we can fly on Wednesday??

I will take her to the doctors tomorrow morning but I am in a real panic now. We took insurance out with Thomas Cook when we booked our trip - does travel insurance generally cover something like chickenpox? I assume if it is then the doctors will need to write a letter for the insurance company.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Hi sorry to hear about your little one. :hug:

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to fly if it is chicken pox as its a virus - you're actually infectious for 21 days before the spots appear (I'm a school nurse so feel like an expert on chicken pox at the moment - seen loads of spotty kids today!).

Your doctor should be able to give you a letter explaining that your little one has chicken pox and your insurance company will refund your money.

Hope your little one is better soon:grouphug:.

So sorry to hear.

I hope she gets better soon and you can get back on your trip.

Sending her lots of pixie dust

Sorry to hear you can't travel.

I have been in October a few times, its hard to know what the weather is going to be I have been when it rained & another it was shorts & tshirt weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter