• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OH NO... Charlie......

mike2u

Disney makes me feel like a kid again....
Well it's getting closer and now what's this.. I'll be driven down Saturday night and I'm looking at the weather and wouldn't you know, a darn tropical storm.. 7 months planning, Budgeting, buying pins, pens, books, food, Meal vouchers, and what does mother nature do to me, she puts a storm in my path. Well nothing you hear me nothing will stop me from getting there..

Pack your ponchos and have fun anyway! I honestly don't think that Charlie will pack much of a punch.

I'll be there next weekend!

pinnie

We're in the same boat - flying out of Dulles Sunday a.m.. Right now the storm is moving fast and is predicted to be crossing FL Saturday, then coming up the eastern coast. IF that's the way things actually occur we may be OK. May be a very wet drive for you tho Mike - looks like the forecasters are most worried about the amount of rain the storms may dump over areas that have already been innundated. My concern now is if slows down and hits Sunday and our flight's cancelled. Anybody have any tips about how to work thru rebooking flights when there are massive flight cancellations? At least we didn't use frequent flier miles for the tickets...

We're flying out of Logan on Fri morning. Hoping we don't run into any delays due to either of the storms. It's a non-stop flight and I'm hoping it stays that way. Anyone have any experience in this traveling through a TS or hurricane??

As the hurrricane or tropical storm comes up the coast there will be delays and cancellations.

Best thing to do is carry the 800 number of the airline you are flying with you. In the event of a cancellation you can call the 800 number and make new arrangements instead of waiting in line at the airport.

If there is a way they can route the flight around the storm they will try. But if it is a widespread area they will probably cancel flights.

I just went out and bought my supplies in the event of a hurricane or tropical storm hitting the Orlando area.

Hugo came through my dorm room in 89. Busted the window and brought in debris. It was really scary, and I was in a solid brick building. My boyfriend's new car (he hadn't even made the first payment) was found under a tree when we ventured out later that day.

If the winds aren't bad, and it is just a rainy storm, you can drive in it, but I would still be very wary. After Hugo, when I hear "hurricane" (and we hear it a LOT here in NC), I make plans to stay in the house till it passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter