Oh No ! ! ! Cable TV ? ? ? ?

john59

<font color=navy>GOD BLESS <font color=red>AMERI
:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3

Given: Cable TV provider at home, Comcast.

We have 3 cable lines coming into our house. One goes to a digital cable box, the other 2 go directly into the TVs.

We received in the mail 2 Digital Transport Adapters. These hook up to the 2 TVs that do not have a digital cable box. These adapters convert analog signals to an advanced All-Digital signal. Boy that sounds neat, but--yes there has to be a but. What about our 5th wheel.

Are you confused enough by now-----My question is ; if we go to a Camp Ground whose provider is Comcast, do I take one of these DTAs along to convert signals-----Don't call Comcast. They do not have the foggiest idea what I am talking about.
Any ideas----Remember that I was an accountant in my former life, not a TV tech.
john

No, it would be unlikely that those DTAs would work as they are specifically registered to your home account (it is possible, may be interesting to find out).

This is going to be a large problem for many of the campgrounds that use cable providers like comcast. They will either need to issue you a DTA or switch down to analog only which would be much fewer channels (ch2-26 in my market - mostly broadcast).

:surfweb:

Live4FW---Looks like we are getting closer, but closer could be sujective. Maybe we are getting farther away.

Yes---I did have to enter our account # with Comcast on line and also a part of the serial #s on the DTAs.

This could wind up to be very interesting or maybe a major over reaction on my part.

Can't wait to see other feedback.
john
Boy it is cold here in Central PA. and we are getting Buffalo's snow.

:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3

Homebrew2---Sounds good. Controlled at the CG end, but--yes another but.

With our DTAs the provider (Comcast) sent us remotes that must be used with the converter boxes. The one that came with our RV flatscreen, that we are now using in our house is useless.

What happens when we put it back in the RV and try to use the remote (that came with the TV) at the CG.

What do you think the CGs workaround would be ? ? ?
john

:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3

Homebrew2---Sounds good. Controlled at the CG end, but--yes another but.

With our DTAs the provider (Comcast) sent us remotes that must be used with the converter boxes. The one that came with our RV flatscreen, that we are now using in our house is useless.

What happens when we put it back in the RV and try to use the remote (that came with the TV) at the CG.

What do you think the CGs workaround would be ? ? ?
john

You will not need a workaround. When you hookup up to CG cable, the signal is already 'converted.' You rescan your tv to pickup cable channels and use the remote that came with your tv. You don't need to worry about using your Comcast remotes or boxes in a campground with cable.:thumbsup2

I had questions also my 2 tvs are tube type not the newer lcd tv's so i was wondering if i was going to have problems also so i tried putting up my antena to see what or if i would get for a signal well even with the amplified antena nothing i tried a converter box one of those digital to analog ones still nothing i ended up upgrading my tv to a new lcd then did the same hook up to my antena with amp and got alot of channels lots were the same but still got tv so depending on if you have a lcd or tube type tv may make a big difference and if you have cable or have to use your antena once in disney and hooked up to cable even my second tube type tv worked fine but not on the stop over at koa were i was using my antena so keep in mind your site will you have cable or will you be using your antena and have you upgraded to a new high def type antena that may help:confused3

I had questions also my 2 tvs are tube type not the newer lcd tv's so i was wondering if i was going to have problems also so i tried putting up my antena to see what or if i would get for a signal well even with the amplified antena nothing i tried a converter box one of those digital to analog ones still nothing i ended up upgrading my tv to a new lcd then did the same hook up to my antena with amp and got alot of channels lots were the same but still got tv so depending on if you have a lcd or tube type tv may make a big difference and if you have cable or have to use your antena once in disney and hooked up to cable even my second tube type tv worked fine but not on the stop over at koa were i was using my antena so keep in mind your site will you have cable or will you be using your antena and have you upgraded to a new high def type antena that may help:confused3

You might have gotten a bad converter box as I have done the same
thing at home, and in my RV and they both work fine.:confused3

Shhh don't tell anyone but I work for comcast. :rolleyes1

Comcast prvides Disney with TV service, but the feed that you are getting at the fort and the hotels are all from disney, that is hwy you have some many disney channels.Basicly there is a Disey Cable company. Like the old days where each town had its own cable company.

It is up to disney if they want to send the analog signal to your camper. They convert the digital signal to analog ans send it to you. Not all campgrounds are like this. There are alot of RV parks and campground that comcast prvides the service for like it was an apartment complex. I don't know what they will be doing to work around this, I will see what I can find out. I know here in FL. we still have analog with comcast.

Those of you who have an antenna and an older TV will not get anything because the analog isn't in the air anymore. You best bet it to upgrade the TV in the RV. Ones with digital receiver are getting really cheap. Doesn't have to be HD just needs a digital reciever. I hate to say it but those who really need to have TV in an RV should get a DISH. :happytv:

Next week I will see what I can find out at work.

We did away with CATV and changed to satellite back in the 90's so we could take our receiver with us and not have to worry about what campgrounds did or did not offer. The only place we had/have a problem with receiving a signal is (of all places) Ft. Wilderness!! All the trees can become an issue. However - I'd rather have all the trees than to worry about a satellite signal, and on short hops to see the mouse - Disney's CATV is good enough.

I enjoy keeping up with my local news broadcast when traveling and not having to worry about finding networks in an unfamiliar area. I also must have my HGTV & History channels. Therefore - DirectTV is our preference both at home & in the RV.

:cool1:

Shhhhhh, TizNtax.

Don't tell anybody. My DW retired from DIS.

How, you say ?----You live in PA. Yes, but she was/is an employee.

Sorry. I better get it right to save my scalp. Not an employee, Castmember.

john

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter