Oh my...Hotel New York?!?!?!

cdsmiler81

DIS Veteran
Hello all!!!

You'll appreciate the excitement that we have just booked Hotel New York for next March!!!!!! I am sooooooooooooooo excited!!! Why?! (Other than the obvious?!) Here's why!!

1. For some reason our council have different Easter holidays planned for 2016 than pretty much all of the rest of UK! So our first week of Easter hols is earlier than everyone else, so straight away I realised that we'd probably get a cheaper rate for a holiday SOMEWHERE...but whoops....my browser ended up on the DLP UK site! lol So we're not even going to need to take DD out of school, but it looks like almost everyone else (France inc!) won't be off!

2. After looking at the fab rates on the UK DLP site, I browsed other country sites to see what the best deal is - Ireland came out tops with the fab pound/euro rate AND 2 days 2 nights free! So with DH having a annual pass, we only needed a room for 1 adult and 1 child (will discuss the fact I'm pregnant later!). DD will still be free (being 6 at the time - glad to get another free child trip in before it's too late!), so the prices were incredible! Which leads me on to the next point...

3. We have booked HOTEL NEW YORK (never been, so excited!!) for the same price as we booked Santa Fe this past October!!! Ish! Works out on todays exchange rate at around £480 ish for 4 nights/5 days!). And not only do they do hot items for breakfast (we're planning on leisurely days - prob won't bother too much with EMH, maybe one day...) but they also apparently now have pancakes?!?

4. My best friend is coming too!! She's always fancied it, never been, but her son isn't a big ride lover, and we always said that one time she should come with us! Yeay! 2 rooms booked!
5. First DLP trip with a baby!! :scared1: Lol In theory, little bubba who's currently cooking away will be about 8 months old. So it will be an interesting experience!! We haven't added baby to the booking yet - we'll wait til it's born - they'll be free anyway! DH isn't keen on the bigger rides so he's happy to be baby sitter, or even return to the hotel with baby for naps (hmmmm, he loves a nap does DH! lol) - and HNY is much closer to be able to do that!!

Sooooooooooooooo excited!! Just booked it via the UK booking line - spoke to a lovely enthusiastic CM called Geoff/Jeff who sorted the booking via the Irish deals, we only had to pay a deposit, chatted about our last visit and Ratatouille, about possible HNY refurb (it's next on the list for refurb as we all know but he hasn't yet got any details yet, but assumes we'd be contacted if it causes a problem with the booking) - all done in less than 20 mins! Simples!!!! Oh, and he took a few special requests during booking too - adjoining rooms, asked if we had any specific location requests....which in hindsight I should have asked for a ground floor room (thinking it would be easier with a buggy!!), but I didn't, but I can email HNY closer to the date, no problems. Wasn't expecting that to be honest - so used to asking closer to the time!

So I'll stop waffling now!! I just know you lot won't mind me getting over excited!!!!!

C x

That is brilliant, congrats! I can feel you excitement just jumping right off the page (so to speak)! Your right about the Hotel NY, it's right there, so close and perfect for the baby! I wanted to stay there when we visited especially when we wanted a mid afternoon break and had to walk to the Cheyenne. I just this morning thought about visiting DLRP again and looked online. With a booking early discount on the UK site 3 nights at Newport is the same as you're paying, except early Nov. Bah! You got a great deal! Yours is even about 8 pound less I think. Have fun planning!! :)

You shouldn't have an issue re renovations as they are now doing the Cheyenne next. Great news C and sounds like an epic bargain. Good on ya!
How's that baby cooking coming along?x

Thanks all!!!

That is brilliant, congrats! I can feel you excitement just jumping right off the page (so to speak)! Your right about the Hotel NY, it's right there, so close and perfect for the baby! I wanted to stay there when we visited especially when we wanted a mid afternoon break and had to walk to the Cheyenne. I just this morning thought about visiting DLRP again and looked online. With a booking early discount on the UK site 3 nights at Newport is the same as you're paying, except early Nov. Bah! You got a great deal! Yours is even about 8 pound less I think. Have fun planning!! :)

Yes, sorry, the excitement is probably jumping out of the computer!! lol We've also had a lovely experience with the HNY's concierge in the past, so it'll be lovely to actually stay in their hotel - paying back so to speak. Yes, a mid day walk back to the Cheyenne or Santa Fe is enough to do anyone in!! We were talking last night, and if baby is anything like DD, baby might wake up, be awake for about an hour and half and then need a nap again - if so, and if we have a leisurely breakfast most mornings (maybe except last morning and one other day - EMH instead), we could all get up, have breakfast, then DH and baby can go back to bed! Saves a walk too - and then meet us for lunch somewhere!
Have you checked the other country sites for offers - because of the Euro situation, Ireland worked out almost £100 cheaper for us. Oh, and don't forget to change your room type too! That saved us a chunk too! Plus difference sites have different offers for different times in the year....

You shouldn't have an issue re renovations as they are now doing the Cheyenne next. Great news C and sounds like an epic bargain. Good on ya!
How's that baby cooking coming along?x

Oh really?? The CM on the phone was still under the impression that the HNY is next! I think the Cheyenne is in more desperate need though!
Baby cooking coming along nicely thank you!! Although it feels like it's still a long way away, I know these few months are going to fly!

C x

Congratulations C. :goodvibes Really excited you've got a new trip booked and I know how much you wanted to stay at HNY. :thumbsup2

Everyone I spoke to were pretty sure. Nothing is certain until it's announced officially though!
Hope the next couple of months go smoothly. It won't be long coming around. I love all the excitement!

Hello, all!

I'm thinking about booking a few nights at either New York or Newport as a birthday present for my husband. It will be our first time to DLP, so I'm curious about these refurbs. We'll be booking in September 2016. Any updates?

Thanks!!

Sounds lovely! :D Have a great time planning and counting down. ;)

Hello, all!

I'm thinking about booking a few nights at either New York or Newport as a birthday present for my husband. It will be our first time to DLP, so I'm curious about these refurbs. We'll be booking in September 2016. Any updates?

Thanks!!

The refurbishment of Hotel Newport Bay will be finished by the end of 2015. There are no details yet on when the refurbishment of Hotel New York will start or finish. We only know that they are refurbishing Hotel Cheyenne before doing New York.

We're also booked into HNY in March :D I took advantage of a brilliant deal on the French site and booked Empire State Club - even though we weren't going to visit again until 2017... funny joke that!!!

sounds great! HNY is brilliant, so close to the parks, ideal with a baby. best of luck with that too!!!

congrats on the booking. Its nice when a plan comes together!

Looking forward to our stay in HNY Dec this year. I think we have an empire state room ( the one with the vip passes) looking forward to it

hey there, Ive also just booked Hotel New York but in February. Like you I checked out a few different country websites and found great deal on the French one 35% off so I booked a Plaza View room. Sooo excited, now let the planning begin :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter