Oh my GOODNESS - we ate a LOT!! (with pics)(days 5-7 up 7/9)

jess98ac

DIS Veteran
I finally finished my TR so now it's on to the dining report. I realized that I didn't take a lot of food notes so this will be mostly from memory.

Cast -
Me - Jess - 30, lover of Disney and WDW, first time on dining plan
DH - Dave - 32, loves me so he finally agreed to go to WDW again, and had a great time, also first time on dining plan

Trip -
6 nights at POR, 5/6-5/12, park hoppers with dining plan

Day 1 - 5/6

We had just spent 4 days eating and drinking our way around Key West and were ready to do the same in WDW. We had a 6PM ADR at L'Originale Alfredo di Roma for this night. We ate breakfast in Key West before leaving our hotel, so by the time we got to Orlando, and over to POR and checked in, we were STARVING. It was also almost 4PM though, so we didn't want to eat much.

We headed to the Riverside Mill Food Court and decided to share a CS late lunch so that we would still be hungry for dinner. We decided on the Turkey Classic, an apple blossom, and a bottle of water. The sandwich was really big and plenty for us, and it came with a side of pasta salad that was just ok. The apple blossom was pretty good.

77898IMG_1984_Medium_1-med.JPG

Cost - 1CS credit - $13.26 without plan
::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Our dinner this night was at L'Originale Alfredo di Roma. We had an ADR at 6, checked in a little before, and were seated right away. The restaurant itself was very nice, I'm glad we got to go before it closes. The could use more seating in the lobby...there didn't seem to be enough chairs, but we didn't wait long so it wasn't too bad.

I had Fettuccine Alfredo, Lasagnette Pasticciate alla Modenese, and Tiramisu.

77898IMG_1991_Medium_1-med.JPG

77898IMG_1993_Medium_1-med.JPG

(I forgot to take a pic of the Tiramisu)

The fettuccine was very good, it's different than what I've had before. I'm used to a creamy sauce while this was more cheesy, but very tasty. The lasagne was also very good. It was in a more creamy tomato sauce than I've had before, but I really liked it. I was so stuffed by the time dessert came that I barely ate it, I remember it was good, but not outstanding.

DH got the Lobster Bisque, Gnocchi, and a chocolate cannoli.

77898IMG_1990_Medium_1-med.JPG

77898IMG_1992_Medium_1-med.JPG

77898IMG_1995_Medium_1-med.JPG

Neither of us had ever had Lobster Bisque so we figured this was a good time to try it, and it was really good. Granted, we don't have anything to compare it to, but it was YUMMY. The Gnocchi were just ok, the sauce was weird. The cannoli was average.

All in all, this was a good meal. I'm glad we got to try it. We probably would have gone back once we had tried other places.

Cost - 2 TS credits and $7.47 OOP for bottled sparkling water ($76.46 without plan)

Looking forward to more!
Glad you enjoyed Alfredo's. My family loved to go there back in the 80's. I'm feeling nostalgic about its closing even though I haven't been there in years...

Enjoying it so far - great pictures and love how you made a note of the cost without the DDP.

Excellent reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Looking forward to reading more.

Thanks for reading and all the replys so far! I'm hoping to have part 2 up tonight. I left my notes and receipt at home otherwise I would have it done already - slow day at work!:)

Great start. I'm on for the ride. Thanks again for putting the prices and OOP's at the bottom, really puts it all together.
Keep it up!

I realized as I was going through more receipts that I don't have all of the ones with the actual costs on them. I'm going to go off the Allearsnet menus so I can at least estimate what it would have cost without the DDP.

Also, I'm going to try to only rate the CS and TS meals otherwise I'm over my image limit!!

Breakfast -

I went down to the Riverside Mill food court to grab food while DH got ready. I grabbed a bagel to share and 2 bananas, and filled our mugs (purchased the previous night, $11.99 each). Everything was good...it was just a bagel and bananas, nothing fancy, I didn't take any pics.

Bagel - 1 snack ($2.29 OOP)
Bananas - I paid OOP since they were $.99 each and would have cost 1 snack each

Epcot -

We grabbed a pretzel at the cart near Mission:Space at around 11:30. It was YUMMY and huge, plenty for us to share for a snack.
Pretzel - 1 snack (no idea how much it would have been, maybe $3?)

At 12:30 we got cocktails at the La Cantina Bar
1 margarita - $8.25 OOP
1 Dos Equis beer - $7 OOP
Cocktails were great, as they always are

Moving on - HAD to get the candied almonds - they are FABULOUS!!!!! We grabbed them at the nut cart outside the American Adventure. We nibbled on these over the course of the rest of the day, and into the next day. They're a great use of a snack credit!
Nuts - 1 snack (again, no idea how much they would have been OOP)

Lunch - I'm addicted to the fish and chips in the U.K. so I had to get them. DH wasn't hungry (and neither was I really, but I HAD to have them! LOL). I grabbed an order with a bottled water (love that you can do this, we were able to share a lot and save one for later). I got a crisp as my dessert, I think DH ate it. I also had a Bass Ale here, DH went into the pub to get himself a Guiness.
Fish and Chips, crisps, bottled water - 1 CS ($11.28 OOP)
Bass Ale - $7 OOP
Guiness - $7.50 OOP
::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Dinner -
(here's where I actually took pics!!!)

We had an ADR at Raglan Road at 8PM. We checked in around 7:45 and were seated within 10 minutes or so. We were at a high top table just on the edge of the dining room, it was great!! We could see everything and had a great spot for when the dancer and the band started at 9 (we had planned dinner later so that we would still be there when they started...it was perfect, we were getting dessert at the time)

We had a very nice server and we started with 2 black and tans (I think it's kind of a law to get one of these at an Irish Pub, isn't it??)

77898IMG_2045_Medium_-med.JPG

mmmmmm beer

We also got bread in a yummy dipping sauce that I can't remember the ingredients to, I think it was sweet.

77898IMG_2048_Medium_.JPG

I ordered the Seared Beef Salad, Keen Eye for the Sheperds Pie, and Bates Bangher Banoffi Beauty. Everything was great. The salad was HUGE and easily could have been a meal...one of the best salads I've EVER had. The Sheperds Pie was different than I've had before, but very tasty. I love anything with caramel and bananas so dessert was yummy, too!!

77898IMG_2049_Medium_-med.JPG

77898IMG_2050_Medium_-med.JPG

77898IMG_2057_Medium_-med.JPG

DH had the same salad, the Sod...the Stew, and some kind of apple thing that I don't see on the menu anymore. He also LOVED the salad. The stew was really good, very moist and tasty, and the dessert he said was good, not fabulous.

77898IMG_2051_Medium_-med.JPG

77898IMG_2058_Medium_-med.JPG

We really enjoyed our meal here and would definitely go back!
meals - 2 TS credits ($72.78 + tax and tip OOP without DDP)
4 black and tans - $27 OOP

salads
::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo
DH's dessert
everything else
::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Up tomorrow -
MK and WCC

We have always really enjoyed Raglan Road too - thanks for the review. I also agree about the fish and chips at Epcot - yummy :thumbsup2

I love this thread! especially how you show how much the meals would cost without the DDP... the mickey judging system is great too! can't wait for more! :thumbsup2

Wonderful reviews. Very glad to hear you had a good meal at Raglan Road. We are planning on eating there for the first time during our upcoming trip and I am really looking forward to it. I have a question though, what was in the Bates Bangher Banoffi Beauty? I can never figure it out from the photos.
:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter