Oh My! Did Tinkerbell do That? A Feb 2012 TR. Updated 2/23

I love POFQ! It's my favorite moderate resort for sure. I do love the fact that it's smaller. Makes getting around easier. Except in your case, when you have to go the scenic route.

Okay, I just about died when I saw the Chicken Little vinylmation. AWESOME!

I love the renovations they did for POFQ. I'm quite fond of the bedding! Did you head over to Riverside at all on the trip? I've heard such amazing things about Port Orleans but have never stayed there, so I'm considering fixing that soon!

I'm in! Looks like a lovely start. And is it sad that I'm buying a scale purely to make sure we're under 50lbs? heh

That's great that you guys got a corner room!!! :yay: Your meal looks really good, I like how they have unique things at the different resorts (like the po' boy!)

Yay for Noelle getting to play on a pool slide! :banana:

...downtown? (Great, now that song is going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the day! :rotfl:)

I love POFQ! It's my favorite moderate resort for sure. I do love the fact that it's smaller. Makes getting around easier. Except in your case, when you have to go the scenic route.

Okay, I just about died when I saw the Chicken Little vinylmation. AWESOME!

It really is a cute vinyl!

I love the renovations they did for POFQ. I'm quite fond of the bedding! Did you head over to Riverside at all on the trip? I've heard such amazing things about Port Orleans but have never stayed there, so I'm considering fixing that soon!

We never got over there, except the one time we shared a bus! LOL! It is very large compared to FQ, they have 4 bus stops!

I'm in! Looks like a lovely start. And is it sad that I'm buying a scale purely to make sure we're under 50lbs? heh

Not sad at all, smart!

That's great that you guys got a corner room!!! :yay: Your meal looks really good, I like how they have unique things at the different resorts (like the po' boy!)

Yay for Noelle getting to play on a pool slide! :banana:

...downtown? (Great, now that song is going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the day! :rotfl:)

Sorry, it was stuck in mine too!

Joining in !! :yay:

Great! Thanks so much.

All caught up and joining in! We will be at POFQ in 41 days. Can't wait to be there, and can't wait to read more of your TR! =)

So if you have started the next part of your TR and you have to get up to do something, but you leave your laptop open so you Photopass stuff can continue to upload, it's a good idea to check if your laptop is going to automatically shut down for an update. Or you will become annoyed and decide to punish your laptop by not touching it for a few days (because your laptop so has actual feelings!)

Moving on.

So as the song suggests, we headed off to DTD for a bit of shopping and sight seeing. I plan to do a souvenier post, but closer to the end so I will just leave you with: we bought stuff!

We headed off to the boat dock to DTD (one of the great pluses about staying at POFQ) and waited for a boat!

Look the boat!

DSCN0536.jpg

Waiting (pensively) for the boat to dock.

IMG_0085.jpg

Pictures of the resort from the boat, kind of dark due to being back lit. (I was too lazy to change settings.) Sorry:laughing::laughing:

DSCN0537.jpg

DSCN0538.jpg

After floating past the Treehouse Villas (probably the ONLY way I would "camp,") OKW, and SSR we arrived at our destination!

DSCN0539.jpg

We headed off to the Pin Traders, to get lanyards for our KTTW. Noelle had heard about pin trading, so she got a couple pins to start her off.

IMG_0091.jpg

She then posed for all the ubiquitous shots downtown:

DSCN0540.jpg

DSCN0541.jpg

DSCN0543.jpg

I had to take this shot to comemorate Noelle's first pin trade! This was a new CM, and it happened to be his first pin trade too!

DSCN0542.jpg

Next: We have a Royally awesome night!

Rachel, I'm late, but I'm here. I'm on my way to an appointment, but will come back later to catch up. :goodvibes

That's so sweet that it was Noelle's AND the CM's first pin trade!! :goodvibes

The boat to DTD looks so fun! I've always been intrigued by that!

Love the pics of POFQ! We're thinking of staying there, Rey & I, on a couples trip. I REALLY want to have that boat access to DTD! Did you love the resort?!?!

Love the pics of POFQ! We're thinking of staying there, Rey & I, on a couples trip. I REALLY want to have that boat access to DTD! Did you love the resort?!?!

I'm liking this TR so far!!! I'm glad I followed the link from Karen's TR!!!

We have res for POR in the fall...

We stayed at POFQ our first visit there in 2005 and loved it!!

Keep it coming with all of the wonderful details!!

Wait, I thought for sure that computers had feelings....:rolleyes1

I punish my computer all of the time when it doesn't cooperate with me.

Yay DTD! Love it down there. I really want to get my niece into pin trading, but I'm also afraid that my brother and SIL would never forgive me.

I'm here! We "camped" in the cabins at the Fort! Really nice "camping" experience!:lmao:

Oh so you like to "camp" too! My friends actually do camp and don't understand why I won't. I keep telling them I'm allergic to dirt!:rotfl:

That's so sweet that it was Noelle's AND the CM's first pin trade!! :goodvibes

The boat to DTD looks so fun! I've always been intrigued by that!

The CM was really stoked too, it was very cute. The boat was nice, much better than a bus.

It really is great, you could request an outer building, it's only a few extra minutes of walking and very quiet.

I'm liking this TR so far!!! I'm glad I followed the link from Karen's TR!!!

We have res for POR in the fall...

We stayed at POFQ our first visit there in 2005 and loved it!!

Keep it coming with all of the wonderful details!!

Thanks so much, glad you dropped by!

Wait, I thought for sure that computers had feelings....:rolleyes1

I punish my computer all of the time when it doesn't cooperate with me.

Yay DTD! Love it down there. I really want to get my niece into pin trading, but I'm also afraid that my brother and SIL would never forgive me.

I was not sure if Noelle would like it, but she really did. She wound up trading a lot of pins, and I would see her eyeing CM's lanyard and pin squares. :rotfl2:

Enjoying your report, can't wait for more. I will read your PTR too!

Thanks for joining in!

After we had finished our walk around DTD we hopped on a bus to fancytown AKA The Grand Floridian for a Royal dinner at 1900 Park Fare.

Noelle's new ride:

DSCN0546.jpg

I love the decor here, but I'm afraid to knock something over!

DSCN0548.jpg

The next shot is one Nina took of Noelle, she didn't notice the wine glasses until after I uploaded the photos. :rotfl: I promise those are not Noelle's empty wine glasses, she prefers vodka.:rotfl2:

IMG_0098.jpg

We had our photo taken, and we actually purchased it!!! It turned out really good, so when I get my photopass CD I will share it. We were seated very quickly and were seated in the main room in a really prominant spot. Our luck was running on the good side tonight and all of the characters saw us in the first 20 minutes, it was awesome.

First up Cinderella, who provided the title for this report. Noelle has pink streaks in her hair and I think that is the comment most princesses/fairies respond with when someone has non-natural color in their hair. Well we heard it a lot anyway!

DSCN0549.jpg

Next up Prince Charming:

IMG_0100.jpg

Drucilla, who was very good:

DSCN0551.jpg

Lady Tremaine:

DSCN0552.jpg

And rounding it out with Anastasia:

DSCN0557.jpg

Somewhere in between the characters I took this shot of Nina & Noelle:

DSCN0555.jpg

And this one of the wall!

DSCN0556.jpg

By the time all the characters had come by, we were STARVING! Now I have to explain that I don't take buffet food pictures, no one ever starts eating at the same time and the plate isn't all prettified. We were expecting a pretty standard buffet, the main draw being the characters.

Um, the food was awesome. Believe me no one was more surprised than I was. Both soups I had (strawberry & butternut squash) were really good, as well as the green beans, and there was a burgandy chicken to die for. The desserts were standard, and we didn't really fall in love with anything, but that was okay since we had ordered this:

DSCN0558.jpg

Noelle was really surprised and happy:

DSCN0560.jpg

It was really good, she ended up saving the chocolate slipper for another time, but did eat it.

We were very happy with our first Disney dinner, and took the REAL monorail back to MK to then catch a bus back to POFQ. It had been a very long day, so we packed it in pretty quick and went to sleep!

Up Next: Really? You're actually running? Have fun with that.

Looks like a great dinner! Savannah got LOTS of comments on her pink hair as well on our trip...and a few on her black fingernail polish! :laughing:

Hahaha we always joke that we're entering fancy-pants territory when we go to the Grand Floridian too! :laughing: That's pretty odd that people just abandoned wine glasses on top of random sculptures though!

I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner at 1900 PF!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter