Oh, Just A Few GALLONS of Pixie Dust! - A July/August 2012 TR

Disney Guessing Game...
Reveal!

It’s finally time… WOO!

The game is officially OVER! YUP. That’s it.

Thank you all once again for playing along! I have to say, I’m so glad that yall enjoy guessing games, because I’m not a big PTR person. I mean, I’ll read them, but spelling out my day-to-day plans is really not my style, because aside from having a general idea of which parks I want to go to on what day, I just like to be in the moment and do what I want to do. I like to surprise myself, and in turn, surprise the people who read my TR! So basically, if it weren’t for this game, I wouldn’t have had a thread going for the past two months since I finished the actual TR. So thanks for reading, thanks for playing, and thanks for being generally AWESOME.

The game is over, but I still need to go back and review the point totals so we can have an official winner. I'll tell you who the winner is on Monday, but until then, I know you've been wanting to find out some TRIP DETAILS!!!

As far as Quick Service Restaurants and Snacks, I'm not going to list them all out. First of all, that would take forever, and also I'm pretty sure none of yall care THAT much. :laughing: Plus, right now, I don't even know which ones I'll end up doing. I guess we'll all find out in the TR! ;)

What I WILL tell you is this: Of COURSE I want to eat lunch at Be Our Guest! That almost goes without saying at this point. Most of you guessed it, so yay!

As far as ADRs go, I was never planning to tell before my trip report anyway. Since I had the tie, I needed a bonus round and that was basically the only thing I could think of. Plus, with the way I've been moving things around and adding and canceling, at this point I'M not even sure where I'll end up going! (That won't affect your guesses, though. Those guesses applied to the ADRs I currently have, so no worries!)

I also decided that since the guesses in the character category were all across the board, I wouldn't sit here and list each and every one I hope to meet. I know that I’ll meet more than who was on my 'must meet' list anyway. Once again, we'll just wait and see who I end up meeting! What I WILL tell you is my NUMBER ONE CHARACTER MEET THAT I ABSOLUTELY MUST DO, and that is...

WRECK-IT RALPH AND VANELLOPE VON SCHWEETZ!!!

You may or may not know of my obsession with those characters and that movie, but it has been in full effect since the day it landed in theaters. I can't even tell you how excited I am about this. I'm like a three-year-old child. Except maybe not, since some of them are scared to meet characters. Or maybe so, since when I was three I was obsessed with meeting characters at our local amusement park. So yeah, I'm like a three-year-old child. BAHHH YAY! I only wish I could meet Fix-it Felix, Jr., as well! HE'S ADORABLE.

Anyways.

I guess that's it!

Bahahaha... I'm just kidding. I wouldn't forget the one that yall are probably the most interested in: Resorts!!!

So as you may remember, these were the clues I gave before yall guessed the resorts:

1. Both resorts are new to me.
2. I have never even set foot on the property of either of them. (This clue will only come in handy if you’ve REALLLLLY been paying attention to my trip reports!!!)
3. The two resorts are NOT in the same category (value, moderate, deluxe, deluxe villa).
4. At least one of the resorts is in a new-to-me area of WDW. (Example: Last time I stayed at Bay Lake Tower, a Magic Kingdom area resort.)
5. The two resorts have similarities, but you have to REALLY be looking for them.

In the past I’ve stayed at Bay Lake Tower, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, and All Star Music. (THE ALL STARS ARE THREE SEPARATE RESORTS, PEOPLE. NOT ONE.) Ahem. Anyways. If you knew that, you knew not to guess them!

Here's the thing. I was EXTREMELY (and I mean EXTREMELY) close to staying at Art of Animation. And it's hilarious how many of you guessed it! AoA has been on my wish list ever since I first saw that they were building it. I mean, prices within my budget AND an entire section dedicated to my lifelong favorite movie?!?! How can I resist? Here's how: Little Mermaid rooms were booked solid. So... nope!

But seriously, good job to those of you who guessed those AoA. You totally would have been right! :lmao:

So instead, I went with… Pop Century!

Let’s face it, there was no way I’d be able to do two non-value resorts on this trip! :laughing: Pop Century was the only option!

pop2010a1.jpg

This may come as a shock to a lot of you, since I know Pop is such a popular resort amongst the DIS community. However, I've never stayed there before! Not only that, I've never even been there in person.

SO YEAH! The first four nights of the trip will be spent at Disney's Pop Century Resort! It's funny, because I've seen SO MANY pictures of this place, but I'm still very excited to see it all in person! I'm not making any specific room requests or anything, so I'm excited to see which decade I get to stay in! Not only that, but I'll be within walking distance to Art of Animation, so I get to check it out as well! YAY!!!

I knew that this needed to be the trip where I finally tried out a Moderate Resort! The question was... WHICH ONE? That's why, if you remember, I asked that oh so mysterious and random :-)rolleyes:) question about Mods. So many of you were SO helpful, you don't even know. The most popular answers to that question were both Port Orleans Resorts by a landslide.

At first, I was leaning more towards French Quarter. I’m lucky enough to say that I’ve been to the real French Quarter in New Orleans, and the pictures I’ve seen of the resort with the wrought-iron detail just looked so authentic. Plus, everyone raves about the size of the place.

However, the more I looked at pictures of Riverside, the more I fell in love with it! It really reminded me more of my trip to New Orleans. (I really only spent like, a couple hours at the French Quarter. :laughing:) The whole place seems to have the right ‘big easy’ vibe to it. SO YEAH! The last three nights will be spent at POR. I'm SO EXCITED!!!

dxl27.jpg

Remember when I said that there are similarities in the two resorts, but you really have to be LOOKING for them? Well, both resorts start with a P. :lmao: Also, they're both within walking distance to another resort! They're both two for the price of one, which basically makes this trip four for the price of two! :rotfl:

So there you have it! I CAN'T WAIT! Only 19 more days!!!!!

(Thanks to AllEars.net for the pictures in this update!!!)

Continued in Next PTR Update

I've been visiting with my DH the last 2.5 weeks so not a lot of DIS time so I missed out on a lot of the guessing.

I can't believe the trip is so close!

19 more days!!! You must be soo excited! Have you started packing yet????
Yeah for your resort choices!!
You did a great job with the guessing game!
It was very cute and creative!...I wasnt the best player...sorry about that!!

YAY for the big reveal!!! :cheer2: This really was such fun to guess (and in my case be so completely wrong about everything!) and tag along!

I've been to PO Riverside and I love the lobby and the boat to DTD, very nice! I know you will enjoy your resort choices!

19 days - wow :goodvibes and I was excited when I hit 99 on Monday :)

Great fun being part of this - hope you have an amazing trip!! You'll love POR - we've stayed there twice and it's a beautiful resort. Can't wait to read about your adventures!!

Hey, I do what I can. I am really bad at guessing games and I get frustrated because I never win, so I just don't guess. But I had to step in for the ADR round!

Ahhh, POR was the first resort I stayed in after my 14 :scared: year absence... I know. Too long between trips. But I really enjoyed the theming and there really is a tranquility about the resort. You will really like it! And I am right there with you about Pop. Never stayed there but I keep considering it.

Yay! Only 18 days left now!!!!! pixiedust:

I was doing so well, but missed the characters and the ADRs because I ended up in the hospital with a gallbladder attack and emergency surgery to remove it. But, it is nice to get to read about all the guesses AND I know I won't have to worry about my gallbladder messing with me in October when I am at Disney!!!! And yay for POR!!!!

Two great resorts. I love them both. Denny and I did an anniversary trip at Pop in September and had a blast there. And who doesn't love POR? It was the first Disney resort I ever stayed at and it holds a special place in my heart. :thumbsup2

I've been visiting with my DH the last 2.5 weeks so not a lot of DIS time so I missed out on a lot of the guessing.

I can't believe the trip is so close!

That's okay! I hope you had a great time with your husband.

I KNOW! AHHH!

19 more days!!! You must be soo excited! Have you started packing yet????
Yeah for your resort choices!!
You did a great job with the guessing game!
It was very cute and creative!...I wasnt the best player...sorry about that!!

16 now! I AM!!! I can't believe it! Nope, no packing quite yet. I'll probably start around a week before the trip!

I'm glad you enjoyed the game! That's okay!

YAY for the big reveal!!! :cheer2: This really was such fun to guess (and in my case be so completely wrong about everything!) and tag along!

I've been to PO Riverside and I love the lobby and the boat to DTD, very nice! I know you will enjoy your resort choices!

Yay! Hahah that's okay! You got quite a few things right, actually! I'm glad you enjoyed the game.

I've seen pictures and I agree, the lobby looks beautiful! I'm very excited to stay there.

19 days - wow :goodvibes and I was excited when I hit 99 on Monday :)

Great fun being part of this - hope you have an amazing trip!! You'll love POR - we've stayed there twice and it's a beautiful resort. Can't wait to read about your adventures!!

16 now!!! I promise, your countdown will fly just as fast as mine did! (Although it will hopefully go a little more slowly between May 28 and June 4. ;)) :laughing:

I'm glad you enjoyed the game, thanks! I'm so excited to stay there! I think I'll love both of the resorts.

Hey, I do what I can. I am really bad at guessing games and I get frustrated because I never win, so I just don't guess. But I had to step in for the ADR round!

Ahhh, POR was the first resort I stayed in after my 14 :scared: year absence... I know. Too long between trips. But I really enjoyed the theming and there really is a tranquility about the resort. You will really like it! And I am right there with you about Pop. Never stayed there but I keep considering it.

Yay! Only 18 days left now!!!!! pixiedust:

Hahah it's fine.

POR looks great! I'm very excited to stay there. It seems so laid back and that's great. When I was planning my third trip in 2011, when my first two trips had both been at All Stars, I really wanted to do Pop then. It ended up being Sports of course, but I'm glad I finally get to stay there! I don't want to repeat resorts yet so this is great!

16 now! WOO!

YAY!

Yay you are staying at POP! So am I. We must plan a Dis/Tweet meet at Everything Pop on one of the days :)

Hahha we definitely will.

I was doing so well, but missed the characters and the ADRs because I ended up in the hospital with a gallbladder attack and emergency surgery to remove it. But, it is nice to get to read about all the guesses AND I know I won't have to worry about my gallbladder messing with me in October when I am at Disney!!!! And yay for POR!!!!

WOW! Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry to hear that. Are you okay? I guess so but yikes, that must have been scary! Yes, POR should be great!

Two great resorts. I love them both. Denny and I did an anniversary trip at Pop in September and had a blast there. And who doesn't love POR? It was the first Disney resort I ever stayed at and it holds a special place in my heart. :thumbsup2

Great to hear! Yeah, they both look really great! I'm hoping that I'll love them both as well!

Lol I totally missed the last few two rounds of the game as I haven't been on in here in awhile, but i'm so excited that you're staying at POP and POR....I seriously love both of those resorts and know you will too!

Cant believe your trip is coming up soooo soon!! You`re going to have such an amazing vacation

Hello there! Just saying hi from a fellow Virginia chick! Sorry I'm checkin' in so late but I just spent the last week and a half reading your trip report at work. (Just don't tell my boss :rolleyes1) I loved your trip report and all the awesome pixie dust sprinkles you got!
Even though I missed your entire game, I can't wait to hear about your new adventure! We have 2 months for our family vacation and I can't wait :cool1:

Lol I totally missed the last few two rounds of the game as I haven't been on in here in awhile, but i'm so excited that you're staying at POP and POR....I seriously love both of those resorts and know you will too!

Cant believe your trip is coming up soooo soon!! You`re going to have such an amazing vacation

Hahah that's okay. I know, I can't wait for either of the resorts! I'm so stinking excited.

Yep, only 13 days to go now!!! :woohoo:

Hello there! Just saying hi from a fellow Virginia chick! Sorry I'm checkin' in so late but I just spent the last week and a half reading your trip report at work. (Just don't tell my boss :rolleyes1) I loved your trip report and all the awesome pixie dust sprinkles you got!
Even though I missed your entire game, I can't wait to hear about your new adventure! We have 2 months for our family vacation and I can't wait :cool1:

Well hey! Not only are you a fellow Virginian, but also a fellow Richmonder! HI NEIGHBOR! :laughing: It's totally fine, better late than never! Thank you so much for reading!

Hi Marissa!

I can't believe you're leaving so soon. I'm going to get all caught up before you head out.

HI!!! YAY, you're back on the DIS! ...which means I have to find your TR again! (Forgive me, but I clean out my subscriptions from time to time and I always delete the ones that haven't updated in over a month! :guilty: I'll try to get caught up on yours soon, too! BUT YES, my trip is only 13 days away! So exciting!!

13 days until Disney!!!!!!!!!

This update is pretty random, yall. I won't lie.

I have an EARLY flight on Tuesday morning (the 28th) which means getting to Disney early as well! Basically, I'm planning on checking into Pop Century and then immediately jumping on a bus to MK. I've been waiting TOO LONG!!!

If you don't know what I'm talking about, I have been totally and completely avoiding New Fantasyland. I haven't seen any pictures, videos, or read any updates about it. NONE! (That's why, on several TRs, the awesome writers will say, "DON'T LOOK, MARISSA!" Pretty amazing. I just want to be completely surprised and blown away seeing it all for the first time in person. And trust me, between the DIS, twitter, instagram, etc., avoiding it has been no easy task! The only things I HAVE looked at are Storybook Circus pictures. I mean, I was actually IN Storybook Circus back in August. It wasn't completely done yet, but all the buildings were up, and I had already seen concept art of the adorable new meet and greet. So really, no reason to avoid those. As far as everything else, though, I haven't seen it. None of it. Even the Tangled bathrooms (????) they put up. I'm picturing the area behind Pinocchio's... did they just redo those bathrooms? Eh, I'll figure it out when I see it. Hahah!

So basically I'm just RAMBLING here, but I swear, I do have a reason for this update.

I need your help!

Since I don't know anything about New Fantasyland, well... I don't know anything about New Fantasyland!

I've been avoiding so much that I basically feel clueless! So here begins my onslaught of questions.

Do any of the attractions have fastpasses? If so, are the FP machines at the actual attractions, or are they in another area completely? Can I meet Eric? Do I have to go to dinner at Be Our Guest to see Beast? What time should I get in line for lunch at Be Our Guest? (I definitely didn't get an ADR for dinner. Hahaha.) If I'm arriving at MK around 11-12 (on my arrival day), will I have a chance of riding the Little Mermaid? BASICALLY, I want to know anything and everything I possibly CAN know right now. If you've gone straight to New Fantasyland at park opening before, I want to know what your plan of attack was and how it worked! I'm serious yall. I'm clueless over here. I know nothing. It's a little sad. So I will appreciate ALL the help I can get!!! :flower3:

I'm just really, really, REALLY excited about Disney and Pop Century and Port Orleans Riverside and EVERYTHING that is going to happen on this trip! I'm still working on finalizing ADRs and trying to make plans. To be honest, I don't want to make too many specific plans. For the most part, I just want to 'go where the wind takes me' a la Pocahontas, my fellow Virginian. We'll see what happens!

I haven't forgotten about the game! I will let yall know who the winner is very soon, I promise! Until then, thank you so much for all your help!

Continued in Next PTR Update

Do any of the attractions have fastpasses?

Mermaid has fast pass.

If so, are the FP machines at the actual attractions, or are they in another area completely?

Good question. Mermaid fast passes are in the Philharmigic area. Near the Pooh FP machines

Can I meet Eric?

Not sure, but I don't think so. Only Ariel in her tail at the Grotto.

Do I have to go to dinner at Be Our Guest to see Beast?

You can see Beast at Epcot sometimes.

What time should I get in line for lunch at Be Our Guest? (I definitely didn't get an ADR for dinner. Hahaha.)

I've seen people lining up as early as 10 - 10:30 AM

If I'm arriving at MK around 11-12 (on my arrival day), will I have a chance of riding the Little Mermaid?

I think so. You can get a fast pass if the line is too long. The queue is amazing, so waiting won't be a trial.

BASICALLY, I want to know anything and everything I possibly CAN know right now. If you've gone straight to New Fantasyland at park opening before, I want to know what your plan of attack was and how it worked! I'm serious yall. I'm clueless over here. I know nothing. It's a little sad. So I will appreciate ALL the help I can get!!! :flower3:

Do any of the attractions have fastpasses? If so, are the FP machines at the actual attractions, or are they in another area completely?
Yes, the Little Mermaid attraction has Fast Pass available. They are NOT in New Fantasyland though - they are available in "old" Fantasyland, over by Philharmagic, where you also get the Winnie the Pooh and Dumbo Fast Passes. No Fast Passes currently for Enchanted Tales with Belle, but if the wait is 40 minutes of under, get in line (part of that wait time includes the pre-show portions, so it's not truly 40 minutes). The wait times are MINIMAL towards the end of Extra Magic Hours also.

Can I meet Eric?
Not currently =(

Do I have to go to dinner at Be Our Guest to see Beast?
Yes.

What time should I get in line for lunch at Be Our Guest? (I definitely didn't get an ADR for dinner. Hahaha.)
Obviously around noon the line is going to be the longest, but it moves very quickly. We got in line at 11:30 and were a decent ways back in line, but got into the building after 20 minutes, then it was maybe another 15 minutes for us to order our food and get seated.

If I'm arriving at MK around 11-12 (on my arrival day), will I have a chance of riding the Little Mermaid?
Absolutely! I don't think the Fast Passes are running out for it that early in the day. I think if you're able to check wait times and FP distribution times over the next few days through MyDisneyExperience, that should give you a good idea of what to expect when you're there.

Yay for your trip!!!!! I wish mine was that close lol And I love Pop Century! My favorite value (we'll see if that changes in September when I stay at Art of Animation). And Port Orleans Riverside is where my family stayed the first time we went to Disney. Love the boat ride to Downtown Disney, so relaxing.
As for the new Fantasyland, the Little Mermaid has fast pass, the machines are over by Mickey's Philharmagic. I never had a problem getting a fast pass but I was there in February so the crowds weren't that bad. No more Eric meets :(, but Gaston meets by Gaston's Tavern and I highly recommend him, he's hilarious. Enchanted Tales with Belle gets a really long line so try to do it early or late in the day. It is pretty cool. From what I understand the Beast is only out at dinner, the line for lunch starts at like 10:30 and they stop serving lunch around 1. I got in line probably between 11 and 11:30 and it probably took about an hour to get through the line, get inside, order and eat, so it wasn't so bad. I especially loved Storybook Circus at night, with all the lights and the colored lights on the water effects for Dumbo, it was pretty magical.
Hope this helps! Have an amazing trip! Can't wait for you next trip report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter