Oh, Just A Few GALLONS of Pixie Dust! - A July/August 2012 TR

The One With A Puppet and Pooh Bear

August 3, 2012

Flying from London to Neverland made us pretty thirsty, so we stopped off at the cart next to Pinocchio’s Village Haus and got water bottles with snack credits. We still had a bunch of snack credits left over, so it didn’t really feel like a waste.

Jacob and I sat down for a few minutes at the tables at Pinocchio’s while Anna took a bathroom break, and we enjoyed the heck out of those water bottles.

Why is water the best? It's the best.

I like these umbrellas.

SDC13639.jpg

Jacob liked the water. Who could blame him?

SDC13640.jpg

We were just hanging out and getting hydrated when we had a visitor! Pinocchio himself?

SDC13642.jpg

(Probably just one of his distant cousins. Pinocc’s probably too busy running the restaurant. Or maybe he’s stuck somewhere in Storybrooke!!! While we’re on the subject, I’m gonna need him to reappear immediately. I miss him terribly on Once Upon A Time.)

I took a few pictures of the construction. I must say, I was super proud of myself for getting such updated construction pictures. (*ROLLING MY EYES*) Too bad that construction has long since been completed! Oh, and while we’re on THIS subject, for those of you who don’t know, I have not looked at ANY photos or videos of New Fantasyland since it's been completed. All that I’ve seen was the progress that was already completed on August 3, 2012. (Oh, and I have seen pictures of the Storybook Circus meet and greet. I feel like that wasn’t too spoilery because I’d already BEEN in Storybook Circus and they aren’t new characters or anything.) Okay. I’m getting ahead of myself and off topic. Just know that if you have updated (or will be in the near future) about New Fantasyland, and I just don’t respond to your update… THAT is why. I just want to see it all in person! I feel like it will be so much better that way! AHHH I CAN’T WAIT FOR THAT TO ACTUALLY HAPPEN. Okay. Let’s continue.

Oh right. Those are the pictures I talked for a year about. Riveting, no?

(No.)

SDC13641.jpg

Poor Snow White! I think her new attraction will be amazing though.

SDC13643.jpg

405537_825038035319_1961765535_n.jpg

Our next stop was the Hundred Acre Wood! After all, it had been at least two hours since our Crystal Palace breakfast. I was having separation anxiety.

SDC13645.jpg

SDC13646.jpg

SDC13649.jpg

I love their little meet and greet spot! It's precious. I wish Piglet met with them though!

SDC13650.jpg

This attraction has the most adorable "Q" of them all.

SDC13653.jpg

"I'm not in the book, you know."

SDC13654.jpg

SDC13658.jpg

SDC13660.jpg

There is the most perfect view of the Beast's castle from the Pooh queue! I get so excited every time I see this picture. I'm sure there are so many more details now!

SDC13661.jpg

This may be the most random picture I've ever taken. At the time, I know I had a reason for taking it. It could be one of two things: I either wanted to take a picture of that numbered honey pot (?) or I wanted to show the fact that the nail polish had vanished from a couple of my toes in the pool. It could be some other reason entirely... but we'll just pretend there was logic behind it.

SDC13662.jpg

We didn't wait long at all to load into our hunny pot!

(Please excuse the blurriness of these pictures... once again I attempted to take pictures from my videos. I should really stop doing that!)

SDC13786.jpg

I finally got a picture of Mr. Toad handing over the deed! (I'm definitely stumped as to why this picture is so much smaller than the rest, though.)

SDC13788.jpg

Heffalumps and woozles. Heffalumps and WOOZLES. Steal honey. Beware. BEWAAAARE.

SDC13789.jpg

Hip, hip, Pooh-ray! (I always think it's really funny that Piglet was the only one worthy enough to be three-dimensional.)

SDC13791.jpg

If I were Pooh, I don't think I'd be quite so happy to be stuck with my butt hanging out of a beehive. You know what they say though, different strokes for different folks!

SDC13792.jpg

Jacob really loved the ride! It was his first time. Anna and I were very glad we got to do it again! It’s another one of those rides that you just have to love. It’s simple and adorable and FUN.

Our parents were finally back at the Magic Kingdom, and we met up at the carousel! Everyone’s favorite, naturally.

SDC13637.jpg

I don’t care how old you are. The carousel is a dang good time! Plus, you can’t beat the scenery!

(Okay, so maybe I’m always holding out hope that the horses will leap off the platform and start racing each other through Magic Kingdom. I’m sure that’s normal. It’s probably something they only do in the wee hours.)

Scan130510001.jpg

After we got off of our horses (pretty sure mine won…) we headed over to another CLASSIC!

SDC13638.jpg

I’m sure I’d be a member of the Coral Group if I were a sea dweller. I’m sure I could add some tight harmonies, you know, really improve their sound overall. (HA.)

SDC13668.jpg

PhilharMagic was, in a word, PHILHARMAGICAL! As much as I love Muppet*Vision and It’s Tough to be a Bug, PhilharMagic is the winner for me, as far as 3D attractions go. They’re all amazing and special, but this one really is magical. It always makes me cry! It’s absolutely a must do for me on every trip!

Our morning at Magic Kingdom had already been such a success! We were hopeful that it would continue on into the last few hours of the trip!

Continued in Next Update

I love Philharmagic, too !! Can't wait to see it again.

Keep us posted on any future trips. I can't wait for you to see the NFL !!

Susan

I always wish that my horse on the carousel would take off! That's my favorite part of Mary Poppins!:blush::blush:

Yay an update from Marissa :cool1:

I love the many adventures of winnie the pooh, such a cute and adorable ride, and I agree that it definitely has the best "Q:.

Philharmagic is definitely the best of the 3D shows....I could literally watch it over and over again and never get sick of it. It is just such a classic.

I totally agree with you about wanting to wait and see the new fantasyland in person. The only thing i've looked up at all is the menu for be our guest, other than that I want to be completely surprised with all the new elements at the parks including that and the new test track as well.

Can't wait to hear more, and here's hoping you're gonna share future trip plans soon :)

HOORAY for an update!! :yay:

Not gonna lie, that photo of the CM with Pinocchio just made me laugh. He just looks so awkward, hahaha.

It's kind of fun seeing photos you took from when it was under construction and comparing it to how things are now! I enjoy it.

So I had no idea there was a Meet and Greet spot there now until during our trip when Winnie the Pooh was closed due to them working on that area or something. Hahaha, I have no idea where I've been.

That ride is SO beyond adorable though!

AH I know it's small but good job on catching Mr. Toad!! I've always wanted to see that but forget to look. Wompwomp.

I love that ride so much, it's so beyond adorable that I can't even comprehend.

I love Philharmagic! We didn't get a chance to do it on this last trip but I'm thinking next trip we will. It's pretty adorable seeing all of the kids try to grab the 3D stuff, too. :goodvibes

Why is water the best? It's the best.

I agree. ::yes:: I am one of those people who carries around a bottle all day everywhere I go.

The girls enjoy playing here. I'm just a teeny bit phobic about the germs from so many, many, many sweet little hands, though, and after they have finished touching and adding their own germs, I like to use a wet wipe on them.

I think WDW is doing a fantastic job with making the queues so much nice for all - especially for those waiting with little ones.

I can't wait for the New Fantasyland construction to be completed!! It's going to be SO cool when it's all done!

Aww Mr. Toad!!! I miss that ride so much!!!

Aww, the Winnie the Pooh ride is the best! I love it so much, it's definitely one of my favorites! :thumbsup2 I can never find the picture of Mr. Toad and Owl, I think maybe I have to wear my glasses the next time I go on it or something!:upsidedow

I just went on the carousel for the first time ever with my sister and Caitlin! It's adorable!

Isn't seeing some of New Fantasyland exciting? You're going to die when you walk in and see it all for the first time, it's just so wonderful! I can't wait until the Mine Train is finished and there are NO MORE WALLS in the Magic Kingdom!:cool1:

There is the most perfect view of the Beast's castle from the Pooh queue! I get so excited every time I see this picture. I'm sure there are so many more details now!

SDC13661.jpg

This really is a perfect view. And I love your random honey pot / foot picture, too!

I don't know how you have managed to avoid pictures of the new FL all this time, but you go girl! BTW- when is your next trip? I guess I will check your ticker right now and see if its there.

Wow, good for you not looking at any of the pictures of New Fantasyland! I definitely could not do that (and I've seen a few pictures of it...). I just feel like it's probably more amazing in person and the pictures don't do it justice. AHH are we like the only ones on the DIS who haven't yet seen New Fantasyland? I feel left out. :(

Pooh and the carousel are always great! Yay for finally getting a picture of Mr. Toad and Owl! I love that little treasure.

I love Philharmagic, too !! Can't wait to see it again.

Keep us posted on any future trips. I can't wait for you to see the NFL !!

Susan

It's the best!

I certainly will! Yall will know as soon as I do.

I always wish that my horse on the carousel would take off! That's my favorite part of Mary Poppins!

My favorite part in Mary Poppins is... the entire movie. Hahah I'm just in love with it all. But yeah... carousel horses coming to life would be insanely awesome! Why can't they?

Yay an update from Marissa :cool1:

I love the many adventures of winnie the pooh, such a cute and adorable ride, and I agree that it definitely has the best "Q:.

Philharmagic is definitely the best of the 3D shows....I could literally watch it over and over again and never get sick of it. It is just such a classic.

I totally agree with you about wanting to wait and see the new fantasyland in person. The only thing i've looked up at all is the menu for be our guest, other than that I want to be completely surprised with all the new elements at the parks including that and the new test track as well.

Can't wait to hear more, and here's hoping you're gonna share future trip plans soon :)

Hahha yeah... I'm slowing down a bit, if ya couldn't tell. I just don't want it to end!!!

Yeah! It's so wonderful.

Me too! It is seriously the best!

YES, FINALLY someone who agrees! Hahha I did the exact same thing! I doubt I'll be able to get an ADR for dinner there anytime soon though!

Thank you! I'm very hopeful too. Fingers crossed!

HOORAY for an update!! :yay:

Not gonna lie, that photo of the CM with Pinocchio just made me laugh. He just looks so awkward, hahaha.

It's kind of fun seeing photos you took from when it was under construction and comparing it to how things are now! I enjoy it.

So I had no idea there was a Meet and Greet spot there now until during our trip when Winnie the Pooh was closed due to them working on that area or something. Hahaha, I have no idea where I've been.

That ride is SO beyond adorable though!

AH I know it's small but good job on catching Mr. Toad!! I've always wanted to see that but forget to look. Wompwomp.

I love that ride so much, it's so beyond adorable that I can't even comprehend.

I love Philharmagic! We didn't get a chance to do it on this last trip but I'm thinking next trip we will. It's pretty adorable seeing all of the kids try to grab the 3D stuff, too. :goodvibes

Yeah, I'm sorry for the huge gap but I only have TWO UPDATES LEFT. And a wrap-up but still. I'm so sad.

Hahah I think the fact that I photographed him was surprising to him, and he didn't know what to do!

Yeah! They're like all I can go on, so I look at them a lot (even though they're not great)!

Oh yeah! It's definitely a newer spot. I have no idea where they used to meet but I'm positive it hasn't always been right there. Don't even worry about it hahah.

It's weird, I have no idea why it's so small! I noticed that with another one of my pictures that will appear in a later update, too. Strange! But yes! It's on the left! I know it's between rooms but I honestly can't remember where. I always see it though!

Hahah I know right? So so so cute.

Oh, I know! I used to do that, too... I remember the feeling of wondering if that stuff was REALLY there? It's so cute! Ahhh love.

Philharmagic is a classic! Definitely my favorite 3D movie at WDW. It makes me sooo happy!!!

Aww, yay! I totally agree!

I agree. ::yes:: I am one of those people who carries around a bottle all day everywhere I go.

The girls enjoy playing here. I'm just a teeny bit phobic about the germs from so many, many, many sweet little hands, though, and after they have finished touching and adding their own germs, I like to use a wet wipe on them.

I think WDW is doing a fantastic job with making the queues so much nice for all - especially for those waiting with little ones.

ME TOO! Seriously, I have to have water. I'm glad you get it! :laughing:

Oof, that's definitely understandable! Thank goodness for soap and water!!!

I agree! I thought I heard they were supposed to be doing it for Peter Pan as well, but instead they seem to be doing Big Thunder Mountain!

I can't wait for the New Fantasyland construction to be completed!! It's going to be SO cool when it's all done!

Aww Mr. Toad!!! I miss that ride so much!!!

I know! I wish they would have started on the Mine Train sooner so it could be done too, but hey, still another thing to look forward to! I can't wait to see all of it!

Aww. What was it like? I honestly have no clue!

Aww, the Winnie the Pooh ride is the best! I love it so much, it's definitely one of my favorites! :thumbsup2 I can never find the picture of Mr. Toad and Owl, I think maybe I have to wear my glasses the next time I go on it or something!:upsidedow

I just went on the carousel for the first time ever with my sister and Caitlin! It's adorable!

Isn't seeing some of New Fantasyland exciting? You're going to die when you walk in and see it all for the first time, it's just so wonderful! I can't wait until the Mine Train is finished and there are NO MORE WALLS in the Magic Kingdom!:cool1:

I love it, too! It's the cutest. OH really? Okay, I can't remember exactly what part of the ride it's in, but it's between rooms, on the left side! I've seen it every time, which is funny since I guess a lot of people don't!

First time ever? Oh wow! That's too funny. I love carousels!!! Hahha I'm just a child.

Yeah! Oh man, I can't wait either. I really think I will, you're so right. You know what I just realized? I have NEVER been to Magic Kingdom when they weren't constructing Fantasyland! How crazy! My first trip was already after the construction started! Man, that's too crazy.

This really is a perfect view. And I love your random honey pot / foot picture, too!

I don't know how you have managed to avoid pictures of the new FL all this time, but you go girl! BTW- when is your next trip? I guess I will check your ticker right now and see if its there.

It is! I was so happy to see it... I bet it looks AMAZING now! Bahaha, thank you. I still don't remember why I took that!

To be honest, it's been really annoying because there are pictures all over the place! I think it'll be worth it though when I finally see it in person! Then I can go back and read allll the updates I missed because of it! :lmao: But thank you!! Haha, no ticker yet... hoping to make one soon!

Wow, good for you not looking at any of the pictures of New Fantasyland! I definitely could not do that (and I've seen a few pictures of it...). I just feel like it's probably more amazing in person and the pictures don't do it justice. AHH are we like the only ones on the DIS who haven't yet seen New Fantasyland? I feel left out. :(

Pooh and the carousel are always great! Yay for finally getting a picture of Mr. Toad and Owl! I love that little treasure.

Thanks! It's been rough, I have to say... but it will be worth it! You know what? I think we just might be. Goodness. You're seeing it SO SOON though!!! :woohoo:

They are! Thank you! I know, next time I'm going to try and actually get a GOOD picture. :laughing:

I want Pinocchio back on Once Upon A Time, too! BTW, did you catch Cora calling herself “the miller’s daughter” in last week’s episode? There’s a Rumplestiltskin connection there, if they choose to pursue it.

I seriously hope you get back to WDW soon so you can see NFL! I can only imagine how difficult it is to avoid pictures and descriptions!

PhilharMagic never gets old…a must do every time for sure! The posters are so cute and funny!

Hey Marissa!

I'm pretty well caught up (I was lurking and reading LOL.)

Now I'm going to comment on some of my favorite parts, if that's okay. :)

I LOVED your chapter on The Crystal Palace - look at you and Piglet being all matchy matchy, how adorable! I really love The Crystal Palace - they've got a great variety, and hey, who doesn't love looking out the window and seeing the castle? Duh, best of both worlds.

Your update on Splash Mountain where you said you had a fear of thrill rides and that, well so did I ... and it started with The Haunted Mansion (for real.) I believe I was 10 or 11, and I REFUSED to go on that ride, I was teriffied. Thank goodness that's over though, haha. The Haunted Mansion is the best. AND YES FOR SPLASH MOUNTAIN! I love Splash Mountain so much - I've had some wonderful times on that ride. One night my friend and I rode it 12 times in a row, in the rain .... and her and I stayed on for the entire night, it was amazing. My love for Splash just increased times a million thanks to that memory.

I love that picture of you with the Splash Mountain sign, you look SO incredibly happy!

WOW! That picture you took of going up the first hill is AMAZING, Marissa! Such a great moment - I always get a few butterflies in my stomach going up any of the hills (yes, even the small ones haha)

I agree with you about the Winnie the Pooh attraction queue - I love playing with the honey haha. I see what kind of trouble I can get into ;)

Aww Jacob looks so happy on the carousel!

OK, I'm really looking forward to the next update, and I'm sorry if this comment was super rambly and stuff, I'm pretty much known for just rambling on and on and on. Just like that, haha.

"My favorite part in Mary Poppins is... the entire movie. Hahah I'm just in love with it all. But yeah... carousel horses coming to life would be insanely awesome! Why can't they?"

Mary Poppins is probably my favorite live action movie!

Just wanted to say hi! I've spent the last two days reading through your trip report (well, I have done other things like eat, sleep and work, but you know what I mean). Anyway, I've enjoyed every moment - you're hysterical and your family seems like so much fun! I love how it just seems like you opened up your head and just poured it all out for us - and you're so honestly thrilled to be in DW!

It is my happy place too, and I can't wait to return in August. You've definitely made me consider BLT as another place to stay - we're currently hooked on the Poly, but would love to be able to walk to MK. And your pictures are so fantastic - definitely now on the list!

Another fan of Once Upon a Time, though I would imagine I'm in the minority in LOVING Mr. Gold (not so much as Rumple - he's a little too creepy there). But, really, he's The Beast, so he has to be good way down deep right?!?!

looking forward to the final updates - thanks again for keeping me entertained :thumbsup2

I want Pinocchio back on Once Upon A Time, too! BTW, did you catch Cora calling herself “the miller’s daughter” in last week’s episode? There’s a Rumplestiltskin connection there, if they choose to pursue it.

I seriously hope you get back to WDW soon so you can see NFL! I can only imagine how difficult it is to avoid pictures and descriptions!

PhilharMagic never gets old…a must do every time for sure! The posters are so cute and funny!

I KNOW! Oh my goodness, I miss him! He's awesome (and okay, really hot). YES, I DID CATCH THAT AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE?!?! Tonight's episode is actually CALLED "The Miller's Daughter!" Isn't that awesome! Biiiig hint there! Can't wait! I honestly don't even know what the Rumpel connection would be!

Thank you so much! Honestly yeah, it has been pretty hard! However, I know it will be worth it, and it's my choice, so I can't complain!

I totally agree! Hahha yes, the posters are perfect.

Hey Marissa!

I'm pretty well caught up (I was lurking and reading LOL.)

Now I'm going to comment on some of my favorite parts, if that's okay. :)

I LOVED your chapter on The Crystal Palace - look at you and Piglet being all matchy matchy, how adorable! I really love The Crystal Palace - they've got a great variety, and hey, who doesn't love looking out the window and seeing the castle? Duh, best of both worlds.

Your update on Splash Mountain where you said you had a fear of thrill rides and that, well so did I ... and it started with The Haunted Mansion (for real.) I believe I was 10 or 11, and I REFUSED to go on that ride, I was teriffied. Thank goodness that's over though, haha. The Haunted Mansion is the best. AND YES FOR SPLASH MOUNTAIN! I love Splash Mountain so much - I've had some wonderful times on that ride. One night my friend and I rode it 12 times in a row, in the rain .... and her and I stayed on for the entire night, it was amazing. My love for Splash just increased times a million thanks to that memory.

I love that picture of you with the Splash Mountain sign, you look SO incredibly happy!

WOW! That picture you took of going up the first hill is AMAZING, Marissa! Such a great moment - I always get a few butterflies in my stomach going up any of the hills (yes, even the small ones haha)

I agree with you about the Winnie the Pooh attraction queue - I love playing with the honey haha. I see what kind of trouble I can get into ;)

Aww Jacob looks so happy on the carousel!

OK, I'm really looking forward to the next update, and I'm sorry if this comment was super rambly and stuff, I'm pretty much known for just rambling on and on and on. Just like that, haha.

Hey! Hahah, no need to lurk! You know I don't bite. ;)

I know, Crystal Palace is perfect! And hahah yeah, I totally had to match my BFF Piglet! I just love him so much. MMMM, now I want THE PUFFED!

Wow, seriously?!?! 12 times in a row? That's like a dream come true! Or, it would be for me! :laughing:

Aww thank you for the compliments! You're too sweet. I love my Splash! And yeah, I was excited to get that picture! I don't have the greatest camera, but it gets the job done for sure. The only problem with that picture is that it really REALLY makes me wish I was right there! :rotfl:

Hahah yeah, love those honey walls! I like playing with them and 'saving' the character behind them! I mean, they're obviously totally covered in germs, but I wash my hands every ten minutes (exaggeration but I really do wash them a LOT) so I'm not too worried about it haha!

It's okay! It didn't seem like you were rambling to me! I appreciate your comment though! :goodvibes

Mary Poppins is probably my favorite live action movie!

It's one of mine, for sure! I just love it SO MUCH.

Just wanted to say hi! I've spent the last two days reading through your trip report (well, I have done other things like eat, sleep and work, but you know what I mean). Anyway, I've enjoyed every moment - you're hysterical and your family seems like so much fun! I love how it just seems like you opened up your head and just poured it all out for us - and you're so honestly thrilled to be in DW!

It is my happy place too, and I can't wait to return in August. You've definitely made me consider BLT as another place to stay - we're currently hooked on the Poly, but would love to be able to walk to MK. And your pictures are so fantastic - definitely now on the list!

Another fan of Once Upon a Time, though I would imagine I'm in the minority in LOVING Mr. Gold (not so much as Rumple - he's a little too creepy there). But, really, he's The Beast, so he has to be good way down deep right?!?!

looking forward to the final updates - thanks again for keeping me entertained :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for saying hi, and of course for reading! I really appreciate it! Aww! You're too sweet! Thank you for all the nice compliments! Hahah yeah, I think I do that! I just start typing and TR is the result! :lmao: But thank you for thinking I'm funny!

Oh my goodness, I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Bay Lake Tower! It is a perfect resort! I feel like everything about it is wonderful. I love the Poly too, of course, but I always love trying new places! In fact, I've never stayed in a Disney resort more than once (yet)! My goal is to stay at all of them!

YAY!!! Can't wait for tonight's episode! I don't think you're in the minority... I love Mr. Gold, too! I hope he gets cured soon... I mean, we all know they won't kill him off. ;)

Ahhh well I will try to post it in the next couple of days, then! Thank YOU for entertaining me with this comment... and for reading! :goodvibes

So I feel like I have been reading but forgetting to comment along, sorry! I'm here now though, so... Aaaaah the Winnie the Pooh ride, love it too much :D possibly the most perfect ride they could have created for my favourite 100 Acre Wood family :) I absolutely love how you bounce along!

Pinocchio man creeps me out, is that weird? That's one odd puppet, I don't think I'd like to meet that at all!

Would you believe we didn't get time to do Philharmagic in September, I am still crying a little, I love that movie more than words :( it's on my must-do list about 100 times for Christmas!

Oh and I've tried my hardest not to look at anything new to me from New Fantasyland either! I was chosen to test Enchanted Tales with Belle when I visited but other than parts of Storybook Circus nothing else was complete! It's the same with the new Test Track, I really want to keep the suspense up so it's a completely new experience when I go!

I'm now caught up! (Good excuse on my part, we were in WDW for 10 days until last Monday!) :banana:

You are so good to not look at photos of FLE. ;) Were you the kid that didn't try to find your Christmas presents before your parents wrapped them? :rotfl2: Such self control is admirable! ::yes:: I would agree that having not had a pre-conceived notion of what it is like will make it THAT MUCH BETTER since Disney does such an awesome job! (And obviously, now that I've seen it I can say it gets a :thumbsup2!)

As for Pooh and his hundred acre woods and friends... how do you get such awesome photos in the ride? I don't use a flash since I'm ever so polite to the other guests but I have no idea how to set a manual setting on my camera to make that work. Anyhoo... great photos!! :cutie:

I was excited when you said you saw Pinocchio! Ha, such a tease! (We saw good ole Pinoc one one time and he was passing through on his way back stage from where-ever he was hanging - darn!)

Glad to get caught up! :goodvibes

How did I miss this update? :confused3

Awww, Winnie the Pooh! <3 So sweet!!!

Phillharmagic makes me cry everytime!!!! I love it!

Oh no! :( The last few hours! That's the worst feeling ever!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter