• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh, Just A Few GALLONS of Pixie Dust! - A July/August 2012 TR

Oh man, I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I didn't even bother watching the ball drop this year. I just didn't even care. :confused3 :rotfl:

We had the ball drop on the TV. But you know what I really watched? I found someone's live video feed of the MK fireworks that they were filming from their balcony at either CR or BLT. Now, that I didn't mind watching. :rotfl:

We had the ball drop on the TV. But you know what I really watched? I found someone's live video feed of the MK fireworks that they were filming from their balcony at either CR or BLT. Now, that I didn't mind watching. :rotfl:

Oh my goodness, that's hilarious! I've done that before, too! Although I think the POV I was watching from was the Polynesian beach. ::yes:: HMM... do I spy a NEW ticker in your signature, or have I just been unobservant?

I'm currently watching your videos, but I just had to come on here and comment on how I absolutely LOOOOOOVE Jacob's excitement over seeing the DISNEY CASTLE outside of the window! :love:

I'm currently watching your videos, but I just had to come on here and comment on how I absolutely LOOOOOOVE Jacob's excitement over seeing the DISNEY CASTLE outside of the window! :love:

Hahah, oh my videos. One of these days I'm going to make a legit trip video! But thank you! Hahah he is too precious!

ALSO. Your ticker says FOUR WEEKS! OMG!!! :hyper:

The One Where We Spread Our Golden Wings

August 2, 2012

Next we came upon Germany!

SDC13453.jpg

SDC13454.jpg

Admittedly, there isn't much to do there. I wish more of the pavilions had movies or rides, but oh well. I went into the German bathroom (which didn't smell NEARLY as wonderful as the Norwegian one... clearly I'm biased) and I got a damp paper towel. If you remember (which you probably do not, but that's okay) I accidentally left my magical mister fan back at the villa, so I was improvising. It may sound horrid and disgusting, but I got the paper towel damp and I would rub it on my face to keep cool. It worked, I have to admit. I don't care if people thought I was continually wiping sweat off my face. You do what you gotta do in the World Showcase on a summer afternoon! Hahaha, sad but true facts.

SDC13455.jpg

SDC13456.jpg

ATTENTION FULL HOUSE FANS:

Who can tell me what happens at this exact location on the Disney episode???

IMG_3425.jpg

(Yes, that is why she posed here. We have Full House permanently ingrained into our psyche, it's fine.)

SDC13457.jpg

SDC13458.jpg

We looked at the train set for a little bit and then headed on to Italy.

SDC13459.jpg

Again, I just don't feel like there is a lot to do there. They have restaurants. It is beautiful though!

SDC13461.jpg

Since I'm... interesting, I took a picture of yet another staircase. Apparently I'm fascinated with them.

SDC13464.jpg

This pavilion is gorgeous, that's for sure!

SDC13466.jpg

SDC13468.jpg

Italy may not have any major attractions, but they do have Sergio the Clown. We watched him for a few minutes. I didn't feel like staying too long to watch because sometimes whistles/whistling/high pitched sounds of any kind cause me to lose my mind. His only form of communication is a whistle.

SDC13460.jpg

SDC13462.jpg

SDC13465.jpg

He was doing a show with soccer balls and a little net. There was a little girl from the audience involved and he kept whistling at her to tell her to back up while she held the net so he could make a really far shot. I don't know. I'm sure the full show is cute but I just couldn't handle the whistling! I don't think my mom or Anna could either, so we moved on to...

SDC13469.jpg

America! Who's ready for an American adventure? I know I am.

SDC13470.jpg

And a fountain? You always need to be ready for a fountain.

SDC13471.jpg

It was almost 3:00 and lo and behold, the next American Adventure show was starting at 3:00! Finally, a pavilion with an actual attraction!

When we walked in, the Voices of Liberty were singing!

SDC13472.jpg

We got to hear them sing Rocky Top Tennessee, which was very VERY fitting. Why? I will tell you. I went to school in Tennessee and heard that song OFTEN. Also, coincidentally, at the school I went to (Lee University) we have the Voices of Lee, and they literally have the exact same singing style as the Voices of Liberty, and they sometimes sing Rocky Top Tennessee as well! It's just all kinds of coincidental. Listen, while I'm on the topic... have any of you ever seen The Sing Off on NBC? I don't think it comes on anymore, but you may have heard of it. The Voices of Lee were on the first season (back in December 2009) and they came in third! It was an exciting time for us, I must say. And speaking of the school I went to, a lot of the choirs there are combining and will be performing at this little thing that's happening in a couple weeks, I don't know if you would have heard of it, but it's called the Presidential Inauguration? Maybe? It just so happens that two of those people who are singing in it were featured in my very first trip report! Do you remember Amanda and Kristen? YEP, them! I mean, COME ON. Isn't that the coolest thing?! If you don't remember what they look like, you should look back at my first TR, and if you're planning on watching, you should look for them!!!

I just went waaaay off topic, didn't I? Hahaha!

ANYWAYS!!!! Voices of Liberty also sang Oh Susannah, which was really fun to hear and sing along to! The last song they sang was The Battle Hymn of the Republic, which was beautiful and made me tear up a little bit.

At one point during that beautiful song, a woman behind us was trying to record them singing. She held out her camera, thinking she was filming them, but she ended up filming my mom. Anna and I actually saw the screen of her camera and I won't lie, it was hilarious. I wonder what she thought when she watched that back!

After the Voices of Liberty finished their set, we went upstairs to the theater to watch the American Adventure show!

(Please forgive me for this picture. It isn't good.)

SDC13475.jpg

SDC13476.jpg

I enjoyed it, but I also thought it was a little on the really long side. Even still, it was great. I LOVE the song Golden Dream, though it made me sad when they showed the little clips from Kennedy's funeral and the people before they got on The Challenger. I liked that they showed clips of the Olympics and such though. All in all it was an enjoyable show that made me feel all "proud to be American" and whatnot. I would definitely watch it again, but like I said, it was very long.

Afterward, we said goodbye to the American Adventure (but remained in America) and headed to Japan! (Try to get someone who isn't a Disney freak to understand THAT sentence. I dare you.)

On the walk between America and Japan, which is surprisingly short considering the fact that you're hopping continents, I spotted...

THE ILLUMINATIONS GLOBE!!!!!!!

SDC13481.jpg

Yall, I was too excited. I just love IllumiNations. Love it, love it, love it!!! And I SWEAR, they were playing the IllumiNations music, too! I was so confused and I thought I was hallucinating but apparently other people have said they've heard it in the middle of the day before, too! Unless we're ALL crazy (which is entirely possible) I think it actually did happen.

The drummers were out in Japan so we watched for a couple minutes. They're very talented, but I only get excited about people banging on drums for so long. Hahah. I bet it's a fun job though!

SDC13484.jpg

SDC13480.jpg

I wanted my picture taken with that Japanese... thinger.

SDC13716.jpg

Seriously yall, what is this thing called? A pagoda? I really need to learn more architecture terms so that the next time I want to pose with one, I can be like, "And here I am with the Japanese blahdeeblah." Ya know? I'll work on it.

Where to next?

Continued in Next Update

Sounds like a fun afternoon in World Showcase. We've got to stop to hear Voices of Liberty one of these days, I know we'd all love it. We've never done American Adventure either. I know DH would love it, but I usually sit through HoP for him, and that's really enough for me.:lmao:

Your friends will be performing at the Inauguration? That's so cool!

I thought Rocky Top was U of Tennessee's song? Just a common song in the state?

I love World Showcase and wish I was there right now!

That Whistling Clown drives me crazy too lol

Can't wait to hear where you all went next :)

Well I finally caught up, but I'm on my phone so I don't get any smilies! :-) Anywho, I looooove your Disney pin! It's so pretty!!!! I love World Showcase so much! Omg I love Vera Bradley!!! It's so pretty! Mary Poppins?! Omg how amazing!!!!! I am dying to see a Broadway play!!

Sounds like a fun afternoon in World Showcase. We've got to stop to hear Voices of Liberty one of these days, I know we'd all love it. We've never done American Adventure either. I know DH would love it, but I usually sit through HoP for him, and that's really enough for me.:lmao:

Your friends will be performing at the Inauguration? That's so cool!

I thought Rocky Top was U of Tennessee's song? Just a common song in the state?

I liked Hall of Presidents, but I enjoyed American Adventure more! Stuff like that just feels more suited for World Showcase if you ask me. :laughing: I HIGHLY recommend listening to Voices of Liberty one of these days. They're amazing!

Isn't it? It'll be a big mass choir, so who knows if we'll see them or not, but it's still so cool!

Hahah to be honest, I have no clue. I always thought it was just a generalized state of Tennessee song! Who really knows? :rotfl:

I love World Showcase and wish I was there right now!

That Whistling Clown drives me crazy too lol

Can't wait to hear where you all went next :)

ME TOO. Oh man.

Hahha oh my goodness! I just wish he would speak. I bet he gets great pleasure out of blowing that whistle all the time.

More World Showcase! Hahahah.

Yay an update! OMG World Showcase, I love it! :goodvibes Haha, I do the same thing with wet paper towels to cool myself off...I think if I ever go when it's deathly hot again I'm going to get one of those little fan mister things, I don't care if my hair turns into a giant frizzball because of it, I'd rather be cool!

I've never really been that much of a fan of Italy. The pavilion, not the country! I just wish there was SOMETHING there. Of course, they have Via Napoli, so I guess it's not a total loss. I just get bored with it really fast and want to move on to the better pavilions! :rotfl2:

Ahhh Voices of Liberty! Do you know I've only heard them sing once? Well I guess twice, if you count the Candlelight Processional! Sad, isn't it? I'm going to make an attempt to see them again on this next trip!

I love the American Experience except it IS a bit long! I tear up every time I see it though! It's so moving! :)

They totally play the Illuminations music when they bring the globe out!! :dance3: I discovered that in May and I thought I was hearing things too, but it definitely happened! Love it!

Well I finally caught up, but I'm on my phone so I don't get any smilies! :-) Anywho, I looooove your Disney pin! It's so pretty!!!! I love World Showcase so much! Omg I love Vera Bradley!!! It's so pretty! Mary Poppins?! Omg how amazing!!!!! I am dying to see a Broadway play!!

Aww that's okay! Hahaha. Thanks! Isn't it awesome? I can't wait to get a lanyard to put all my pins on! AND THEN BUY MORE PINS!

World Showcase is so wonderful ahhhhh.

Thank you!! I love them too. The purse is probably one of my favorite patterns EVER, I just love it!

I cannot wait to see Mary Poppins!!!! I'm actually listening to the movie soundtrack right now and it's making me so much more excited to see the play! :hyper:

Yay an update! OMG World Showcase, I love it! :goodvibes Haha, I do the same thing with wet paper towels to cool myself off...I think if I ever go when it's deathly hot again I'm going to get one of those little fan mister things, I don't care if my hair turns into a giant frizzball because of it, I'd rather be cool!

I've never really been that much of a fan of Italy. The pavilion, not the country! I just wish there was SOMETHING there. Of course, they have Via Napoli, so I guess it's not a total loss. I just get bored with it really fast and want to move on to the better pavilions! :rotfl2:

Ahhh Voices of Liberty! Do you know I've only heard them sing once? Well I guess twice, if you count the Candlelight Processional! Sad, isn't it? I'm going to make an attempt to see them again on this next trip!

I love the American Experience except it IS a bit long! I tear up every time I see it though! It's so moving! :)

They totally play the Illuminations music when they bring the globe out!! :dance3: I discovered that in May and I thought I was hearing things too, but it definitely happened! Love it!

Oh my goodness, this is the second time this has happened! Hahha I keep posting at the same time as other people and missing their comments! Hahah! Oh well.

Do you really? Hahah glad I'm not the only one! It feels so good! Yeah, I highly recommend the fan! It's so great. I don't think it would make your hair frizzy! As long as you just spray it on your face! Plus, the fan does most of the work so you only need the mister sometimes. :thumbsup2

I agree, I feel bad because it's definitely a beautiful pavilion, but it's literally just a place to get food. DELICIOUS food, but still. Hahah.

You should! Actually, this was the first time I've ever seen them, so I've only seen them once, too! I want to try to see them every trip now! They're fantastic.

Me too! It really is. It definitely is long, but I think it'll be a nice show to see every few trips or something. It's great.

YES! Okay I KNEW you were one of the people who said that! I love it so much!

Ooh, Full House trivia! Danny tries to propose to Vicki in Germany but then gets interrupted by the cloggers. I think he then asks if she wants a bratwurst. :rotfl: Clearly I have seen that episode one too many times. And now I want to watch it.

I don't think I have ever seen the Voices of Liberty perform! I have only seen videos. They are good though!

haha, isn't the building where the drummers perform a pagoda? :confused3 I honestly have no idea either. I'll call the red thing an arch even though that's not right.

You got awesome Epcot pictures. The sky is just so blue. It looks like a fabulous day, despite the heat.

Very cool that the Voice of Lee are going to the inauguration. I hope they are singing inside and not outside. My marching band marched in the first inaugural parade and let me just say I literally almost froze my "you know what" off.

I love the Voices of Liberty - they are awesome. I always wanted to be in a capella group like that.

I love seeing the Illuminations globe in the middle of the day.

It would be nice to have a good attraction or ride in Germany, wouldn't it? Love the architecture there. Ditto for Italy, and I'm with you on the constant whistling. I stop long enough for a few pictures of Sergio, and then I move on.

I love to hear Voices of Liberty! :thumbsup2

The Japanese 'thinger' is called a torii gate.

Hey! Thanks for the shout out!!! btw, Kristen and I are on the front row of the choir so, hopefully you'll get to see us! 2 weeks!!!

Ooh, Full House trivia! Danny tries to propose to Vicki in Germany but then gets interrupted by the cloggers. I think he then asks if she wants a bratwurst. :rotfl: Clearly I have seen that episode one too many times. And now I want to watch it.

I don't think I have ever seen the Voices of Liberty perform! I have only seen videos. They are good though!

haha, isn't the building where the drummers perform a pagoda? :confused3 I honestly have no idea either. I'll call the red thing an arch even though that's not right.

Hahah YESSS. Oh man, that part cracks me up every time.

They're so great, you should definitely stop and watch sometime!

Uhh... is it? I really don't know. I'm waiting for someone to be an architectural genius and tell me all about it. Hahah.

You got awesome Epcot pictures. The sky is just so blue. It looks like a fabulous day, despite the heat.

Very cool that the Voice of Lee are going to the inauguration. I hope they are singing inside and not outside. My marching band marched in the first inaugural parade and let me just say I literally almost froze my "you know what" off.

I love the Voices of Liberty - they are awesome. I always wanted to be in a capella group like that.

I love seeing the Illuminations globe in the middle of the day.

Why thank you! Yeah, that was a beautiful day.

Yeah! There are actually people from a bunch of different choirs from Lee combining and they're all performing together! It's so awesome. Hahah oh no! So cool that you got to be in it, though! I hope they don't get too cold. :laughing:

I agree! I'm more of a fan of singing with instrumental accompaniment so that I don't mess up :-)rotfl:), so I always have a lot of respect for people who can do that. It takes a lot of skill!

Me too! I just love that thing.

It would be nice to have a good attraction or ride in Germany, wouldn't it? Love the architecture there. Ditto for Italy, and I'm with you on the constant whistling. I stop long enough for a few pictures of Sergio, and then I move on.

I love to hear Voices of Liberty! :thumbsup2

The Japanese 'thinger' is called a torii gate.

Yes! It really would. The pavilions are still very beautiful, but it just feels like they're missing a little something!

They're so great!

OH, okay! Thank you for telling me!

Hey! Thanks for the shout out!!! btw, Kristen and I are on the front row of the choir so, hopefully you'll get to see us! 2 weeks!!!

This is my first comment from you in who knows how long, and this is all I get? I EXPECT MORE FROM YOU, MISSY. :p

Yay! A new update! Looks like y'all were having a nice, leisurely time in the WS. I have not seen the American Adventure in a very long time. Maybe we'll revisit it once Reid is a bit older.

To me, the WS can be challenging sometimes to tour. I love it because it's so pretty but I am not a huge shopper so I don't feel the need to go in all the stores. And with Reid, the movies aren't really an option (at least not at this point). I wish they would add some different stuff back there as well.

Oh my goodness, that's hilarious! I've done that before, too! Although I think the POV I was watching from was the Polynesian beach. ::yes:: HMM... do I spy a NEW ticker in your signature, or have I just been unobservant?

You are very observant!! In addition to my cruise ticker, I had another ticker counting down to a fall trip. However, as you can see, it's now counting down to a December trip. Over the holidays we decided to change our trip dates to Dec 7 - Dec 14th. It will be a surprise (at least as of now) for Reid and Ed & I will also get to celebrate our anniversary which is on Dec 6th. The best part? Ed told me to go ahead and book a Theme Park View @ the Contemporary!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Can you tell I'm excited? :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter