Oh, Just A Few GALLONS of Pixie Dust! - A July/August 2012 TR

Finally trying to get caught up!

I've never been to Garden Grill, but every time I run past it to get to Soarin', I'm intrigued...I'd really like to try it someday, it sounds interesting! Not like it would be the best dinner ever, but probably pretty good! And Mickey looks adorable in his little farmer outfit! :thumbsup2

Ahh, BLT, I cannot wait to stay there in February! :cool1: It must be so amazing to have watched MM&Y from the balcony! I hope you like Celebrate the Magic, it's truly amazing, there are just no memories in it like there were in MM&Y! It's just so perfectly Disney, I really love it!

We saw the fiberoptic light up concrete! I always like seeing that. Little touches like that are what make me so in love with this park. Though I must admit I’m not sure what the symbols are. ARE they supposed to be anything, or are they just random futuristic-y designs of whimsy? If anyone knows, please enlighten me. HAHA.

I like the think that the reason the sidewalk lights up is because, in the future, sidewalks will be so awesome and epic that they will twinkle with rainbow-colored pixie dust. As to the reason for those specific designs I don't know. But I am eagerly awaiting the day when sidewalks will sparkle underfoot.

Loved how you described watching Wishes! :goodvibes I've been posting about views of Wishes from different spots on my blog lately, but when you get to watch from your very own balcony, that's gotta be one of the best views of all!

I am so with you with feeling like a rock star watching wishes from your balcony. I actually felt a little bad for all the poor people on Main Street, that had to find their way back home, when I was literally steps from my bed (insert evil laugh here).

I think your spaceship earth pictures with the pink tint from the sunset are so pretty! :goodvibes

Count me in as a HUGE fan of the sparkly pavement. Seriously, I could just watch it all night, I'm as bad as a little kid! :)

Aww! What a fun evening! Love the sunset pictures of Spaceship Earth! So pretty!

Is love all the fireworks pictures. I am also sad that MMY is gone. Always made me terry. I am sure the new show is just as good. I would love your VIP viewing location! Excited for more!

I still can't get over your view! While I was at The World a few weeks ago, I did think of you and your family every time I looked over at BLT.

Glad you enjoyed Garden Grill, we really love it there :)

I mean, I had it for five nights and even I can't get over it! :lmao: Aww!!!! Did you really?! I feel so special haha!

Thanks! Yeah, we really did!

Finally trying to get caught up!

I've never been to Garden Grill, but every time I run past it to get to Soarin', I'm intrigued...I'd really like to try it someday, it sounds interesting! Not like it would be the best dinner ever, but probably pretty good! And Mickey looks adorable in his little farmer outfit! :thumbsup2

Ahh, BLT, I cannot wait to stay there in February! :cool1: It must be so amazing to have watched MM&Y from the balcony! I hope you like Celebrate the Magic, it's truly amazing, there are just no memories in it like there were in MM&Y! It's just so perfectly Disney, I really love it!

HOORAY!!!

Well yeah, maybe not the best dinner ever, but it definitely is really great! Better than pretty good, actually! Better than I expected. Even if I didn't like the rest of the food I'd go back for the rolls! :rotfl:

I am so so so SOOOOO excited for you!!! It's beyond amazing. I hope I like it too! Honestly the 'memories' part wasn't what did it for me, so maybe I'll love Celebrate the Magic even better!

I like the think that the reason the sidewalk lights up is because, in the future, sidewalks will be so awesome and epic that they will twinkle with rainbow-colored pixie dust. As to the reason for those specific designs I don't know. But I am eagerly awaiting the day when sidewalks will sparkle underfoot.

Loved how you described watching Wishes! :goodvibes I've been posting about views of Wishes from different spots on my blog lately, but when you get to watch from your very own balcony, that's gotta be one of the best views of all!

Yes, yes, that's very intriguing! I wouldn't be mad if there were light up sidewalks in our future! :laughing:

Thank you! I tell you, it really is a wonderful view! It's cool to see exactly where the fireworks come from and see the entire picture without having to be in a crowd of personal space invaders!

I am so with you with feeling like a rock star watching wishes from your balcony. I actually felt a little bad for all the poor people on Main Street, that had to find their way back home, when I was literally steps from my bed (insert evil laugh here).

I think your spaceship earth pictures with the pink tint from the sunset are so pretty! :goodvibes

Count me in as a HUGE fan of the sparkly pavement. Seriously, I could just watch it all night, I'm as bad as a little kid! :)

Hahha YES! Well... yeah.... those poor people. So sad. :rolleyes1

Thank you! I really like those too. :goodvibes

Why is it so much fun? I couldn't even pull focus long enough to take a picture, apparently! :lmao:

Aww! What a fun evening! Love the sunset pictures of Spaceship Earth! So pretty!

Is love all the fireworks pictures. I am also sad that MMY is gone. Always made me terry. I am sure the new show is just as good. I would love your VIP viewing location! Excited for more!

SO MUCH FUN! Thank you!

Oh gosh, it makes me full out cry. It's actually pretty funny. I have heard that the new show is really great too, so that makes me feel better! :thumbsup2

OK. My nail polish chipped weirdly at Disney in July too, so this must be a thing. :rotfl: A big chunk came right out of the middle of my nail. I didn't even know that was possible because you'd think it would start at one of the edges, but it happened and it confused the heck outta me. Magic, I guess lol.

YAY GARDEN GRILL! YAY WISHES FROM YOUR BALCONY! Sounds like a great night. :thumbsup2

OK. My nail polish chipped weirdly at Disney in July too, so this must be a thing. :rotfl: A big chunk came right out of the middle of my nail. I didn't even know that was possible because you'd think it would start at one of the edges, but it happened and it confused the heck outta me. Magic, I guess lol.

YAY GARDEN GRILL! YAY WISHES FROM YOUR BALCONY! Sounds like a great night. :thumbsup2

Okay, it's officially a thing. A very weird thing, but still, a thing. :p

YAY INDEED! It was. Indeed. Yep.

FINALLY caught up again. Whew.

Your meal at the Garden Grill is making me sad we canceled that ADR! :( I mean, it all is going to work out for the best in terms of our schedule and getting to stay at AK until 7, but ugh! I won't lie, I'm a bit sad. And I was SO looking forward to trying those rolls and the butter! When we went there during our honeymoon, the bread was different, as was the butter!

Buuut I'm just going to have to deal. I mean, at least we're substituting it with Raglan Road and then Crystal Palace on our last night!

But that food looks so tasty!

I love the little lit up squares! I totally played on them during our last trip like a little kid.

Open your eyes, look up to the skies and seeee... I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy...

Sorry, just had to. :laughing:

Okay, okay. The more I think about it with your photos of Wishes, the more I realize that I'm going to want to stay at a Monorail resort again at some point. I'm thinking Grand Floridian once DVC is finally built there, seriously! Such an amazing view you guys had. :thumbsup2

FINALLY caught up again. Whew.

Your meal at the Garden Grill is making me sad we canceled that ADR! :( I mean, it all is going to work out for the best in terms of our schedule and getting to stay at AK until 7, but ugh! I won't lie, I'm a bit sad. And I was SO looking forward to trying those rolls and the butter! When we went there during our honeymoon, the bread was different, as was the butter!

Buuut I'm just going to have to deal. I mean, at least we're substituting it with Raglan Road and then Crystal Palace on our last night!

But that food looks so tasty!

I love the little lit up squares! I totally played on them during our last trip like a little kid.

Open your eyes, look up to the skies and seeee... I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy...

Sorry, just had to. :laughing:

Okay, okay. The more I think about it with your photos of Wishes, the more I realize that I'm going to want to stay at a Monorail resort again at some point. I'm thinking Grand Floridian once DVC is finally built there, seriously! Such an amazing view you guys had. :thumbsup2

FINALLY! Goodness! Now the question is, WHERE DID MATT GO?! :sad2:

Oh, I didn't realize you'd been before! What was the bread like before? These rolls were seriously THE BEST!!!

Hahah they are so much fun! Clearly I was too distracted with them to photograph them! NEXT TIME.

Never apologize for quoting Queen lyrics! It doesn't make me mad! :lmao:

Ya know, the best views in all of Walt Disney World come from Bay Lake Tower! It's a proven fact. ::yes::

FINALLY! Goodness! Now the question is, WHERE DID MATT GO?! :sad2:

I'm still here! I've been keeping up, just haven't had as much time to post. I'm sorry!

I love Garden Grille. I used to go every year growing up, and we went on our first trip in 2011, but didn't go last year. Hopefully we can go on our next trip!

Also, seriously, the view from your balcony never gets old. Definitely a reason to stay at BLT!

Ahhh I love your pics of SE. Too close!!!Too close!!!!:rotfl:

How do Disney make their sunsets so freakin perfect??
I swear they are all insanely beautiful down there.
Monorail+Sunset= PERFECTION!!!

I love that you watched wishes with a towel on your head!
livin' the dream right there!

Ooh I remember being at Disneyland in the carpark one night and the fireworks set off pretty much every alarm. It was hilarious and deafening all at once!

Yep it's the unwritten rule of the last part of the trip that you must use everything within you to NOT think about how it's all coming to an end.

I just want to say I have the perfect reason for being behind!!! I was at Disney!!!:rotfl2:

Seriously though, I find there is an ebb and flow to the DIS. Sometimes it's going so fast I can't keep up, other times it's crickets........

Anyhoo.... I'll just take a big breath and jump right in-

My dad ‘kind of’ liked the ride. He said that we made it sound tamer than it was. Oops, that certainly wasn’t intentional. Sorry, father.

LOL, just a little spoiler on our ride, Kadence was mad at me for that same reason:rolleyes:

There was this random DJ in Asia playing Indian music, and there was literally a mob of people fist bumping. :confused:

:rotfl2: My DH is a DJ, and was laughing at that sign. He was wondering what kind of music played. I can't wait to tell him what you encountered!

The One Where We Eat for FREE! AT DISNEY![/SIZE]The Garden Grill!!!!

Free tastes soooo good! But Garden Grill s good at full price too! We again loved our meal there. Yes, the steak was too rare for my DH, but he LOVED the fish, so much that I got none. NONE! LOL It's okay, because I was the steak hoarder. We fought to the death over the stuffing. Stuffing gave up and we made it disappear.:rotfl:

What an awesome way to watch WISHES. That is superstar treatment!!:thumbsup2

My DH used to work at MK overnights. We'd always be driving in as Wishes was going off and a ton of cars in the backstage parking areas would have alarms going off. It was hilarious! Even the little booms would set them off because they were super close to where they set the fireworks off.

I just found your TR and wanted to say "hi" and let you know I'm about to go back and read from the beginning!

ETA: I just realized all your chapters are named like Friends Episodes! Amazing!

Thank you! Aww, wow, how sweet! I think that most of the time kids with disabilities are the sweetest! I just think that if Jacob was a regular 20 year old guy, he wouldn't be nearly as excited about Disney. How old is your brother?? :goodvibes[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

My brother is 25! He is just two years younger than me. He loves Disney too! We actually went to disney for his high school graduation which was a lot of fun and we went again together last June. He is just a comedian and loves to make people laugh!

I just wanted to come here real quick and say...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING DIS FRIENDS!!!

Yall are all so special to me! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Replies will come later, I promise!

:grouphug:

I'm still here! I've been keeping up, just haven't had as much time to post. I'm sorry!

I love Garden Grille. I used to go every year growing up, and we went on our first trip in 2011, but didn't go last year. Hopefully we can go on our next trip!

Also, seriously, the view from your balcony never gets old. Definitely a reason to stay at BLT!

:lmao: Hahah, I'm so sorry! I did not mean to guilt you, I thought you had quit the disboards again. :rotfl: But thank you for checking in, I appreciate it!

Aww really? That's awesome! We really enjoyed it.

It really does not. I mean, that's why I keep posting pictures of it! They all look the same but I just couldn't get enough! :laughing:

Ahhh I love your pics of SE. Too close!!!Too close!!!!:rotfl:

How do Disney make their sunsets so freakin perfect??
I swear they are all insanely beautiful down there.
Monorail+Sunset= PERFECTION!!!

I love that you watched wishes with a towel on your head!
livin' the dream right there!

Ooh I remember being at Disneyland in the carpark one night and the fireworks set off pretty much every alarm. It was hilarious and deafening all at once!

Yep it's the unwritten rule of the last part of the trip that you must use everything within you to NOT think about how it's all coming to an end.

Thank you! Hahaha yeah, I don't know. :lmao: I'm glad you understand my odd qualities.

No, but really. As a rule, the sky in general looks better over Disney property. It's one of the laws of weather or something.

It was a one of a kind experience, that is for sure!

HAHA really? That is too funny. It must happen all the time!

UGH, yeah. I'm always depressed, but it was so much worse this year! It was like my perfect dream was ending. :sad2: :rolleyes:

I just want to say I have the perfect reason for being behind!!! I was at Disney!!!:rotfl2:

Seriously though, I find there is an ebb and flow to the DIS. Sometimes it's going so fast I can't keep up, other times it's crickets........

Anyhoo.... I'll just take a big breath and jump right in-

LOL, just a little spoiler on our ride, Kadence was mad at me for that same reason:rolleyes:

:rotfl2: My DH is a DJ, and was laughing at that sign. He was wondering what kind of music played. I can't wait to tell him what you encountered!

Free tastes soooo good! But Garden Grill s good at full price too! We again loved our meal there. Yes, the steak was too rare for my DH, but he LOVED the fish, so much that I got none. NONE! LOL It's okay, because I was the steak hoarder. We fought to the death over the stuffing. Stuffing gave up and we made it disappear.:rotfl:

What an awesome way to watch WISHES. That is superstar treatment!!:thumbsup2

Hahahah don't even worry about it, your excuse is completely valid!

I know! There really must be. It was SO DEAD last week. It picked back up a LOT at the beginning of the week, but then Thanksgiving happened, which is of course an understandable reason to be away!

Aww, oh no! We're innocent. It was an honest mistake!

I enjoy a nice DJ, but this was just way too weird to be enjoyable! :rotfl:

IT DOES! It really does. I bet! I will definitely be going back and I'm almost certain that it won't be free. :lmao:

Hmm, so maybe the rare steak is a regular thing! The piece on my parent's side of the table looked much more done! :confused3 I totally agree, the stuffing was fantastic. Definitely worth fighting over! Hahah.

Oh yes. Definitely! :crazy:

My DH used to work at MK overnights. We'd always be driving in as Wishes was going off and a ton of cars in the backstage parking areas would have alarms going off. It was hilarious! Even the little booms would set them off because they were super close to where they set the fireworks off.

Really? That is too funny! I guess it's a regular thing, and most people don't even realize! :lmao: That's hilarious.

I just found your TR and wanted to say "hi" and let you know I'm about to go back and read from the beginning!

ETA: I just realized all your chapters are named like Friends Episodes! Amazing!

Hi! Welcome to the TR! I'm so glad to have you! I hope you enjoy it! :goodvibes

Hahha yep! Friends is my favorite show EVER. Ahhh I love it. :love:

My brother is 25! He is just two years younger than me. He loves Disney too! We actually went to disney for his high school graduation which was a lot of fun and we went again together last June. He is just a comedian and loves to make people laugh!

Oh wow, he's even older than me! :goodvibes That is adorable that yall can be Disney fans together. I bet he's hilarious!

Hello DISies!

I apologize for the lack of updates here lately, but it seems that a chunk of my pictures are missing! I really want to try to find them, but so far haven't been successful. I don't want to just post the updates without them because they wouldn't be complete without them! So please stick around, I promise I'll do my best to get the pictures! I think they're on my sister's computer so I'll see if she can email me them. :goodvibes

ALSO. I finally got my EPCOT30 shirt today! I was way too excited. It almost took two months from when I ordered it to finally get it! I took pictures in case yall haven't seen them!

I chose NORWAY. That is my favorite World Showcase pavilion, for reasons that you will find out (HOPEFULLY) pretty soon!!! :laughing:

SDC13867.jpg

It's super soft and comfortable, too! :cutie:

HOORAY! So anyways... yeah. Have a good week! If I don't have the pictures by Wednesday, I'll just have to update without them. I just hate to leave yall hanging!

Love the shirt...very cute!

I hope you are able to find your pictures soon. We'll be here waiting for you...no worries! :goodvibes

Cute shirt Marissa!

No worries on the updating. It's keeping me from getting behind!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter