Oh, Just A Few GALLONS of Pixie Dust! - A July/August 2012 TR

Contempo cafe- great choice! :thumbsup2 I think we'll probably eat a few meals there on our trip, but I don't know how much eating is going to get done (especially by Everett!) with the distraction of the monorail going by! :)

Super awesome pixie dust on those ride return FPs! Could your afternoon get any better! :cloud9:

Yay I was so excited to log on and see that there was a new update from you, and complete with a video much less:banana:

I love how excited Jacob is in the video...it really shows how much he was looking forward to this vacation.

Mmm disney salads are always so yummy, as are mickey rice crispies, although I'm super glad to hear that cupcakeS will be coming up in later updates because i'm heard the ones at the Contemporary are to die for!

Wow the world's most amazing room upgrade and then 7 fastpasses? I can already see why you titled your trip report what you did and it's only just begun.

I can't wait to hear more:goodvibes

And at this point I haven't actually decided if i'm going to do a TR or not because I know how time consuming they truly are, and I'm just scared that i'd end up being one of those people who never finishes hers, plus I don't think mine could ever live up to people's like yours who I seriously love reading..but hmmm I will have to think about it

Great update! OMG your monorail pictures are so amazing! I love the monorail so much, I cannot imagine staying at a resort where the monorail actually goes through it!!! :banana:

AHH the CR! I'm so obsessed with that resort right now! Just for fun, I checked how much it would be to stay there in November with Free Dining...not good...I mean, not even for a split stay! :sad2: Oh well, someday!

I've never eaten at the Contempo Cafe, but I did drag Brandon there one one of our recent trips because I heard they had some amazing cupcakes there. Why I made him go there and didn't get a cupcake, I don't know, but I know I want to go back! Oh and I like the touch screens you order on...I'm so easily amused! :laughing:

Wow, I cannot believe your first day was so full of pixie dust, all of those FP"s from a stranger! Amazing!!! :worship:

Haha I couldn't find the 5 legged goat either!! But that mural is really cool!

Your meal from Contempo Cafe sounds good!! Wawa has the touch screen ordering too, but I agree, anywhere at Disney ranks above that in awesomeness too!

How cool that that woman gave you guys those magic FP's!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I told you my favorite thing about this TR is going to be reading about Jacob and its true! I love how he gets so excited about "little" things like his mug! Did you get the guest assistance pass for him/you guys?

First off, that video was precious! Loved Jacob's reaction. The view from that window was phenomenal!

Also, the food at the Contempo Cafe looks pretty good. Hopefully I'll get to try it in the near future :goodvibes

Yay for drink mugs! I can't wait to see where you were going after this and for dinner!!!! Also, now I REALLY want a mickey rice krispie. Like right now!!

Pretty sure ya'll have already had a Gallon of Pixie Dust with this room upgrade and now those FP!! Can't wait to see what else....

Just read your last update and your view from BLT is fabulous. I had a similar view when I stayed there a few years ago. Loved it and never got tired of it.

I love the contempo cafe. The food is so yummy.

Cute pictures of the outside fun stuff.

Woo Hoo for FPs! :cool1: That is totally awesome. Your trip is definitely off to a magical start!

I envy that view so much! Wow, especially such a great view of Splash Mountain. You always see the castle and Space, but not so much Splash. And Crystal Palace too. SO AWESOME!!

You are NOT a loser. I was jumping out of my skin with excitement the first time I visited the Contemporary! It was actually kind of a let down for me before I got to the fourth floor, since the rest of it is so plain. Now that I'm older, I appreciate the simplicity though.

I may have to make a special trip over to the Contempo for a cupcake on my next trip. I've been hearing a LOT of good things about them!

Aww, I love that picture of Jacob, it captures his excitement perfectly! I love when people get excited about the little things in Disney, like the mugs, cause I do that too!

Um... oh my God. You were right about the gallon of pixie dust. That's amazing about the fastpasses! This trip sure got started off right. Wow!

I hope it is. First choice all of a sudden? Hahaha.

haha yes, because it's one of the only DVC resorts I haven't stayed at yet!

WOW, can't believe your first day. No, your first few hours! LOL. I seriously love that view and your pictures are great.

You sound like my sister about the monorails. She has always loved them (but really, what's not to love?!). When we used to stay at the Polynesian I think she would want to ride the monorail all the way around to the TTC (to get the monorail to Epcot) even though you can walk from there. haha!

Those rice crispie treats are amazing. Yum!

I too am excited that the mugs are included in the dining plan! :lmao:

Still can't get over the view! If would have been there, I would have invited myself up for a quick view!:rotfl2:

Awwww, FP's what a great way to start a park.:cloud9:

Awww, I loved your video and your update!!! Your brother's excitement was just fabulous!!

And the monorail shots from INSIDE the Contempo Cafe???? Made me squeal...I seriously love that about the Contemporary. It just never gets old.

Free fastpasses for any MK attraction??? Wow...you hit the pixie dust lottery!! I was excited for you...that is some serious magic!! :cool1:

I'm loving your TR and all the fun little details that make WDW pure magic!!

Can't wait to read more!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Diane princess:

I read your last TR and didn't comment, but I'm coming out of hiding this time!
All caught up and subbed. Already I cannot believe the amount of Pixie Dust! Your title doesn't lie:lmao:!

Yay! Another update! Can I just say that those pictures brought back SO many memories for me?! I absolutely love the Contempo Cafe - one of mine and my Mom's favorite spots to eat! And yes, I love the back of the chairs, too. ;)

Wow, the pixie dust is just flowing wonderfully for you ... I'm so happy for you and your family! I can't wait to see what other surprises are down the road. Really enjoying the TR so far! And ... it's getting me excited for my upcoming trip, too! Yay!

Ok your brother is adorable! I love his reaction to the view in the video and to the cup too, so cute! Love your video in general too, you can definitely feel the excitement! I've just bought myself a camcorder for when we go to WDW I hope I can make a whole video series to go along with my TR :)

I adore that view! You guys were so spoilt, but in such a good way! Ah-mazing!

Ahhh the monorail :D I literally wouldn't eat I'd be so fascinated with it! So cool that the contempo cafe lets you do that. The ordering points sound pretty cool too! I definitely need to explore these hotels more, I haven't seen those before!

Mmmmm mickey rice crispies, they are far too good!

Oh my gosh such an amazing woman! Pixie dust was definitely raining down on you that day! Love it! Can't wait to read and watch more :)

Oh how I already miss the CR!

Your flight is so short! I was hours wasn't 3 hours!

I'm not a fan of the "croutons" they put at the contempo either but I've learned to enjoy them. But my fave meal there is the basil chicken pastas you can only get for dessert.

The castmember that accompanied us to the concierge floor had a key thingy for the elevators that didn't work. We were worried our cards wouldn't work.. but they did ;) They have the same keycard reader at the CR. It was new as we didn't see that last year.

Yet another great update!

I love love love the picture of you, Anna and Jacob by the Mickey sculpture in front of the Contemporary!

I have the same mug as Jacob! Blue all the way! We had the pink one too, but my dad broke it... :worried:

I think I might actually die if I could see the monorail while I was eating like that!

You're having fantastic luck! Room upgrade, then fastpasses? :cool1:

Totally unrelated, but I believe we followed each other on Twitter! I'm @brenZ96!

Thank you!!

Thanks! We were excited to pose with that, hahaah.

They give them to you as part of the meal plan now, so everyone gets one! We ended up with 2 pinks, 2 blues, and 1 black. Hahah, he broke it?? Really not a pink fan, huh? Haha!

I mean... I basically did!!!

It was amazing! It was basically the best beginning to a trip EVER.

OH! Okay! Yeah! See, when someone follows me and I don't automatically know who they are, I will always look at their 'about me' and if it says something about Disney, then I assume they're DISers and I follow them back! Cool that it's you! Feel free to say hello!

Great pictures of the CR! We only seem to go there for meals, so we're always rushing in and out. We'll have to take the time to stop and look around one of these days. (or we'll just have to stay there!)

I always get something boring like a chicken caesar on my first day. :confused3 Maybe it's because there are so many great meals to come that I just revert to the usual?

Awesome FPs!!!! More pixie dust already! You haven't even left the resort!

Thank you! I would definitely recommend staying there... AND looking around! It's such a cool looking place.

Yeah, that's basically what I was thinking! I 'planned' for us to eat a little earlier since I didn't expect our room to be ready for a while, but since it was ready right away, we were much closer to our ADR time and I wanted to leave some room! There will be much better food coming... MUCH better! Hahah.

I know! It's completely crazy all of that happened to us before we even went to a park.

So glad y'all were able to get some lunch! I'm already excited to hear about the cupcakes, though. :rotfl: The Strawberry Lemonade ones sounds delicious!!

And :woohoo: for the Disney angel! That is absolutely unreal that she had those kinds of FP's.....and that she had 7 of them!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

The lunch was great! Oh my goodness, it looked really good, too! Unfortunately, we never got to try that one! We tried the other two though, so you'll be hearing all about them!

Hahah, the Disney angel was amazing! Isn't it crazy? It helped us out a lot!

I firmly believe that the monorail whizzing by actually enhances the taste of whatever one is eating. I can never get enough of the monorail!

I crop the heck out of anonymous strangers in my photos, too! I mean, seriously, can't they see that we're not just taking pictures, we're creating photographic ART? :lmao:

Hooray for Fastpass Pixie Dust! pixiedust: Your day just keeps getting better!

It does! I can't either! I was especially excited because I knew I'd be using it A LOT that week!

Hahah, exactly! I mean, I'm sure they're great people, but I'm not sure I want to remember them forever.

I love the Disney angel! It was such a great day!!!

Is it possible that I'm more in love with that view after seeing a few more additional pictures?:lovestruc I mean, you can literally see a log (there's not actually one in the photo, but still) coming out of Splash Mtn. That's amazing!

I feel like I'd like the touch screen order window, but only because I'm a visual learner to the extreme and blind without my glasses, so it's always a little stressful staning in line trying to read a board way up above me. :rotfl: Random, I know.

To sit and watch the monorail as you eat....that's awesome. Could you hear when the doors opened and closed? I'm trying to live vicariously through your report right now. :rotfl2:

That's so great that you were able to get free fast passes! You sound like you're having the best arrival day ever. :thumbsup2

I believe it's very possible! It was amazing! I'm in love with that ride and I watched it a lot! It gave me the warm fuzzies, haahh.

Oh, I get that! I feel the same way, actually, and my eyesight works just fine haha. I feel like if I don't know what I want right away, the cashier and the people behind me are automatically annoyed with me. But this way you can take your time! There are multiple touch screens and you never feel like you're holding anyone up. It's great!

It was incredible. Well, I don't think you could hear the doors, per se, because the loading station is further down from where the Contempo is. You could definitely hear it whizzing past though! Ahhh it made me so happy!

I know! I actually think it was the best EVER.

Contempo cafe- great choice! :thumbsup2 I think we'll probably eat a few meals there on our trip, but I don't know how much eating is going to get done (especially by Everett!) with the distraction of the monorail going by! :)

Super awesome pixie dust on those ride return FPs! Could your afternoon get any better! :cloud9:

Thanks! We had a lot of good experiences there. Oh I know, seriously! I'm not sure how we managed! Hahaha!

Isn't it? I was just amazed at all the wonderful things that were happening!

Yay I was so excited to log on and see that there was a new update from you, and complete with a video much less:banana:

I love how excited Jacob is in the video...it really shows how much he was looking forward to this vacation.

Mmm disney salads are always so yummy, as are mickey rice crispies, although I'm super glad to hear that cupcakeS will be coming up in later updates because i'm heard the ones at the Contemporary are to die for!

Wow the world's most amazing room upgrade and then 7 fastpasses? I can already see why you titled your trip report what you did and it's only just begun.

I can't wait to hear more:goodvibes

And at this point I haven't actually decided if i'm going to do a TR or not because I know how time consuming they truly are, and I'm just scared that i'd end up being one of those people who never finishes hers, plus I don't think mine could ever live up to people's like yours who I seriously love reading..but hmmm I will have to think about it

Aww, thank you! That makes me so happy!

Oh my goodness, I know! It was so cute. He really was SO excited! (The part I cut out of the video was MY excitement because it just wasn't as cute. HAHAH.)

They are! Oh my gosh, yes. They really, really are. I actually don't think it's fair that I don't have access to them on the regular. SIGH.

Hahah I know! Isn't it crazy?! The pixie dust was in full force!

Well, that's true. It is definitely time consuming, and 17 nights would be a lot to take on... but I'm betting if you did it, yours would be great!!! Let me know what you decide, because if you do one I'll definitely read it!

Great update! OMG your monorail pictures are so amazing! I love the monorail so much, I cannot imagine staying at a resort where the monorail actually goes through it!!! :banana:

AHH the CR! I'm so obsessed with that resort right now! Just for fun, I checked how much it would be to stay there in November with Free Dining...not good...I mean, not even for a split stay! :sad2: Oh well, someday!

I've never eaten at the Contempo Cafe, but I did drag Brandon there one one of our recent trips because I heard they had some amazing cupcakes there. Why I made him go there and didn't get a cupcake, I don't know, but I know I want to go back! Oh and I like the touch screens you order on...I'm so easily amused! :laughing:

Wow, I cannot believe your first day was so full of pixie dust, all of those FP"s from a stranger! Amazing!!! :worship:

Thank you!! I can't imagine it either! Hahah but I got to eat there so I was close enough!

I'm glad you are because it's wonderful! Aww! Well, you're still doing BLT in the winter, right??

GIRL! You didn't get one?! OH my gosh. Honestly you MUST get one if you visit the resort in November! Tell Brandon you want to see the gingerbread tree and then 'while you're there, might as well go check out the Contempo.' HAHA. But really. Get one. OH MY GOSH THEY'RE SO GOOD.

Haha believe me, I'm easily amused as well. I was happy to be in charge of the ordering because I've always been fascinated with touch screens and key boards. WEIRDO!

I KNOW. I mean, she could have easily given them to someone else! We were so grateful for them and definitely put them to good use!

Haha I couldn't find the 5 legged goat either!! But that mural is really cool!

Your meal from Contempo Cafe sounds good!! Wawa has the touch screen ordering too, but I agree, anywhere at Disney ranks above that in awesomeness too!

How cool that that woman gave you guys those magic FP's!!!

Darn that 5-legged goat! My sister actually questioned by sanity, because she was just certain I'd made it up. SIGH.

It was! OH, good point! I have a Sheetz literally right down the street from me, so I go there more often than Wawa, but now that you mention it, I definitely remember that Wawa has them too! I love them hahah.

I know right?? It was so amazing!

I told you my favorite thing about this TR is going to be reading about Jacob and its true! I love how he gets so excited about "little" things like his mug! Did you get the guest assistance pass for him/you guys?

Aww, haha. He really does! He loves that mug and that 'his' Disney friends are on it, AND that he could always fill it up with soda because he loves 'his' soda. No, we didn't... I actually don't even know what that is!

Jazz hands ???? LOL

HAHAH! That's what we're going with.

Loving it.

Thank you!

First off, that video was precious! Loved Jacob's reaction. The view from that window was phenomenal!

Also, the food at the Contempo Cafe looks pretty good. Hopefully I'll get to try it in the near future :goodvibes

Yay for drink mugs! I can't wait to see where you were going after this and for dinner!!!! Also, now I REALLY want a mickey rice krispie. Like right now!!

Pretty sure ya'll have already had a Gallon of Pixie Dust with this room upgrade and now those FP!! Can't wait to see what else....

Thank you! Hahah yeah, he was so excited.

It was! Oh my gosh, yes... I really, really hope so!!!! AND if you do... GET A CUPCAKE.

Hahah we love our Disney mugs! I use mine EVERY SINGLE DAY as a water cup! YAY, I can't wait to share! Hahha I understand... I could go for one myself!

Right? Gallon was not the best word choice, but that's what came out of my mouth! HAHAHA.

Just read your last update and your view from BLT is fabulous. I had a similar view when I stayed there a few years ago. Loved it and never got tired of it.

I love the contempo cafe. The food is so yummy.

Cute pictures of the outside fun stuff.

Woo Hoo for FPs! :cool1: That is totally awesome. Your trip is definitely off to a magical start!

I know! Did you? That's awesome! I think it's impossible to get tired of a view like that.

Definitely!

Thanks!!!

I know! I couldn't believe it, it was basically the best day ever!

I envy that view so much! Wow, especially such a great view of Splash Mountain. You always see the castle and Space, but not so much Splash. And Crystal Palace too. SO AWESOME!!

You are NOT a loser. I was jumping out of my skin with excitement the first time I visited the Contemporary! It was actually kind of a let down for me before I got to the fourth floor, since the rest of it is so plain. Now that I'm older, I appreciate the simplicity though.

I may have to make a special trip over to the Contempo for a cupcake on my next trip. I've been hearing a LOT of good things about them!

Aww, I love that picture of Jacob, it captures his excitement perfectly! I love when people get excited about the little things in Disney, like the mugs, cause I do that too!

Um... oh my God. You were right about the gallon of pixie dust. That's amazing about the fastpasses! This trip sure got started off right. Wow!

YES, seeing Splash was so exciting to me! You don't expect to see it since it's so far back! The entire view was incredible.

The fourth floor is definitely the best, but you're right, I think it's easier to appreciate that kind of stuff when you're older. I love it all, but I don't know if I would have when I was like... 12. Hahah, you know what I mean.

Listen, I would HIGHLY recommend that. I had one from the Contempo (and a taste of another) and one from Starring Rolls... and I have to say Contempo was the winner!

Thanks! He's precious and he LOVES his Disney mug, especially since he was able to get all the soda he wanted with it!

Right? I couldn't believe it. I think it was the best day ever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter