Oh It's A Jolly Holiday With Katie! - Beach Club / Grand Floridian

Hey Katie!! I can't believe I missed your last couple updates but I'm all caught up. Thank you for the kind words about my family. I like them. :rotfl2:

We loved One Man's Dream, it was one of our favorite things from the last trip so I was happy to see your pictures. I can't wait to go back.

I can't stand the entitlement that some people seem to have like the guy on ToT. Like people who park illegaly in handicapped spots. I love how you and Jamie were able to make it funny instead of getting really angry. That's something I wish I could do more often.

Your dinner at the Yachtsman looks amazing. It was hard to choose between that and Flying Fish for our signature meal. We're not big steak eaters so that's why we went for FF but it was close.

I was also happy to see the pictures of world showcase. We definitely plan to spend a lot more time exploring the countries and will have to stop and get a pickle for our tree at Germany.

Looking forward to hearing about AK (I think that's where you're off to next). :wave2:

One Man's Dream is amazing! I'm always so surprised that it's so quiet.

We did manage to laugh at the situation in the end, but if I wasn't at Disney World (ie. my happy place) - I would have been furious!! I posted in a reply earlier, that actually later on in the trip something MUCH worse happened.. The woman sat at the back and center of ToT FILMED the entire ride.. WITH THE FLASH ON ... I am not a confrontational person at all, I tend to give people a bit of a glare and hope they realise the wrongness of their ways.. so needless to say, I gave her her a DEATH STARE, but she was completely oblivious!!! To me, that's the worst part! These people are so self-involved they couldn't care less about anyone around them... :furious:

But on to happier things!! :goodvibes

The Yachtsman was great! Flying Fish looks good too. But, you need a reason to go back to WDW after you've done with this trip, right?! :rotfl: That's always my way of thinking.. "Ohh nooo, I didn't get a chance to see *insert insignificant attraction here*... I better book another trip." :rotfl::thumbsup2

I love spending a whole afternoon exploring World Showcase, it's always so much bigger than I remember it to be! I like to try a drink or a snack in as many countries and I can justify to myself! And yes you should get a pickle! It'll be nice to know we have matching pickle ornaments on our trees :thumbsup2

Correct! Animal Kingdom is certainly where we are off too next!

LOL at the guy playing in his phone during TOT. I have a similar pic from The Great Movie Ride. I can see playing with your phone during the wait, but during the actual ride!? Put away your phone and enjoy life, people! I'm loving this TR, and reading the whole thing with a British accent! Cheerio!

I know right? That's a whole other side to it I guess! Yeah it's funny that he was obviously too scared to watch.. but you definitely see wayyy to many people staring at their phones all over the parks! They may as well be at home on the couch staring at a phone!! The only time I ever got my phone out was when we were stopped for a drink or food, so that I could write out the notes for this trip report! If I had spent the entire time texting my friends whilst I was, for example, walking down main street, I would regret it so much! So I totally agree with you. ENJOY LIFE PEOPLE!

And thank you for the kind words!! Haha cheerio!!! Unfortunately I don't say that in real life.. But maybe I should start :thumbsup2

What the heck, Mahi Mahi?! So not elegant at all.

Aw, how sweet that you were gifted a Minnie pin!

Oh no about your Steamboat Willie Pin! I only have a few pins that I keep at home, because I would be so sad if I lost them on a trip. That really stinks.:sad1:

I love BatB! But now whenever I see the show, all I think about are these two videos...:scared:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPkGJ1ruSjc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaJ9zyLcVG0

Wow, that Gaston has some mean muscles going on :lovestruc

Oh Jamie. That's embarrasing.

Did you ever see DS's 2nd birthday party pics?! I made Vintage Disney banners for his decorations

I love Yachtsman! We visited this past trip for the second time and it was grand! Me and you both ordered the same thing :)

I soooo enjoy listening to the Illuminations soundtrack. I especially like all the pre-show songs like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-jnt-V79tw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b09MChLIbRs

Welcome back girly! Hope you had an amazing trip :goodvibes

Haha thanks for sharing those videos, they made me laugh!! But oh my God, I'm so nervous for those Beauty and the Beast performers now! LOL at the guy in the second one, he seems to struggle so much to get back up!! Poor guy! I have a little Disney diary from when I was a kid, and when we saw that show I had written that Lumiere's flame/hand had fallen off! I wonder how common this stuff is?! cringe!

Oh my God Alicia those banners are WONDERFUL !!! Well done!! Where did you get those from? And are they card or fabric? I'm so impressed! What a lovely idea, vintage attraction posters are the best things ever :goodvibes

Yaay *high five* for ordering the same meal at the Yachtsman! I can't wait to read all about it. I'll keep an eye out for it, but link me up just incase!

And thanks for linking those IllumiNations pre-show tracks, I actually recognise parts of both of them! Epcot is such a great place for sitting back and taking in the music and atmosphere :goodvibes

Oh my. Just played "Meyla Weyla" while reading your last update and now I'm showing symptoms of full on Disney withdrawal!!!! Awesome report so far I am loving it!!

"Meyla Weyla" haha! I absolutely love that track, I'm actually afraid to listen to it back home because it will probably make me emotional! :sad::rotfl: And thanks so much for the kind words!! :goodvibes

What a fun update! ToT twice in a row? Awesome! You were way more forgiving about the phone being on then I would have been!

Strolling around Epcot sounds so awesome! But here's how weird I am. I would have been all excited to ride SSE alone until about half way through the ride. Then I would have had a mild panic attack worrying that they would forget about me on the ride and I'd get stuck all alone in the middle of the golf ball. I'm a freak sometimes......:rolleyes:

We've never eaten at yachtsman, but your food looks delicious! Maybe we'll have to try that sometime when the girls are older.

Great updates! Can't wait to hear more!

This is such an amazing trip report! I have seriously cracked up so many times reading this! I luuurrrrve all of the little gifs and photos along the way... Especially involving Joey Tribiani :rotfl: You and Jamie are such a cute couple and you both look like you had such a wonderful time! Also, I must say that I am extremely jealous that you got to meet The Doc! I am a HUGE BTTF fan!

Can't wait to read more :yay:

I'm a little late to the party but I'm loving your trip report! :cheer2:

I'm a little late to the party, and new to the DIS community, but I'm loving your TR!

Following along as a fellow England dweller, we flew from Mancester in December so reading this was like reliving my trip all over again. Loving your report so far, Beach Club looks amazing!

What a fun update! ToT twice in a row? Awesome! You were way more forgiving about the phone being on then I would have been!

Strolling around Epcot sounds so awesome! But here's how weird I am. I would have been all excited to ride SSE alone until about half way through the ride. Then I would have had a mild panic attack worrying that they would forget about me on the ride and I'd get stuck all alone in the middle of the golf ball. I'm a freak sometimes......:rolleyes:

We've never eaten at yachtsman, but your food looks delicious! Maybe we'll have to try that sometime when the girls are older.

Great updates! Can't wait to hear more!

Thanks Lori :goodvibes

Hahah that is not weird at all! I understand that completely :rotfl: Especially late at night!!! What if they think the ride is empty and shut it down for the night?! I guess since it's Disney you have to make the best of it right? I'd like to get into one of the costumes and pretend to be an animatronic the next day :rotfl:

The Yachtsman was lovely! So great for us carnivores :thumbsup2 I highly recommend it :goodvibes

Aw yay, thanks so much! :goodvibes

This is such an amazing trip report! I have seriously cracked up so many times reading this! I luuurrrrve all of the little gifs and photos along the way... Especially involving Joey Tribiani :rotfl: You and Jamie are such a cute couple and you both look like you had such a wonderful time! Also, I must say that I am extremely jealous that you got to meet The Doc! I am a HUGE BTTF fan!

Can't wait to read more :yay:

Hey thank you so much!! That's so nice :goodvibes And yes we had the best time! Possibly the best 2 weeks of my life :goodvibes

OMG I know!! * High five * for being BTTF fans! I love it too, I was so excited to see him. That picture still cracks me up because I am completely beaming with smiles :rotfl:

If your ticker in your signature is right it looks like you have a trip coming up?! So exciting! Let me know if you decide to write a trip report :thumbsup2:goodvibes

Aw thank you! Glad you're enjoying it :goodvibes

I'm a little late to the party but I'm loving your trip report! :cheer2:

You're not late at all! :welcome: and thanks for joining in!! :goodvibes

I'm a little late to the party, and new to the DIS community, but I'm loving your TR!

Well in that case, :welcome: to the DIS and :welcome: to my trip report! Aw thanks you, I'm so glad you're enjoying it :goodvibes

Following along as a fellow England dweller, we flew from Mancester in December so reading this was like reliving my trip all over again. Loving your report so far, Beach Club looks amazing!

Hellooo fellow Brit! :wave2: Aw, so you just recently got back? Are you going to write a trip report?! :goodvibes

The Beach Club really is amazing! I would definitely stay there again :thumbsup2

Thanks for the kind words! :goodvibes

The ToT guy really annoyed me too, but I'm glad we found the humour in it! It's kind of OK because we'd done ToT loads of times before, and we got to ride again straight after, but I really hate the thought that that might have been someone's first time riding it, and it was kinda ruined for them! Their concept of ToT might not be very good now.. Kinda like the first time we took a new family member to the Magic Kingdom and the castle was dressed up as that HIDEOUS birthday cake for the 25th anniversary.. :rotfl: did you ever see that??! :crazy2:

Haha thanks girly!! Like I just said to Rob above, I had to look up the definition of "spiffy" :rotfl: but than you!

YES! Pickle tree viewing is definitely on our list of must-dos for our day together :rotfl:

I would love to go to Mexico one day, but you haven't sold it to me very well! maybe I'll stick to the tourist areas :thumbsup2

Amazing that your parents have DVC at the Beach Club! That's so cool. And definitely an advantage for 'drinking around the world' :goodvibes

Aww thats exactly why I want to go to Disneyland! Because Walt was there and created the entire thing, and to walk down Main Street where HE walked would be so amazing! That's so cool that you're friend lives there! It's sooo far away from me here though, so when I eventually make it out there I will definitely make the most of it and visit the beaches and the surrounding areas :goodvibes

Katie. I was TOTES in wdw during the birthday cake fiasco! Maybe we crossed paths and didn't even know it :eek:

Didn't mean to scare you off Mexico - the touristy areas are fine still, like the big resorts and stuff. But regular Mexico is definitely pretty dangerous these days. I'd go to Cabo though! :thumbsup2 But instead you should come to Texas and hang out with me! :rotfl:

Oh, and you need to teach me some British slang so I can stop confusing you with my American ways :lmao: I already know some like "bugger" and "bloody" and don't y'all call the bathroom the "loo?" All the British speak I know comes from reading Harry Potter :rotfl2:

You're not late at all! :welcome: and thanks for joining in!! :goodvibes

Well in that case, :welcome: to the DIS and :welcome: to my trip report! Aw thanks you, I'm so glad you're enjoying it :goodvibes

Hellooo fellow Brit! :wave2: Aw, so you just recently got back? Are you going to write a trip report?! :goodvibes

The Beach Club really is amazing! I would definitely stay there again :thumbsup2

Thanks for the kind words! :goodvibes

Yeah we got back on the 5th Jan :(. I might write one! I have over 5000 photos to sort through though so I'd have to do that first. :P I have a pre-trip report for this year's trip though!

I just found your report (which was kinda nice in a way because there was LOTS to read)...I love your easy breezy writing style and the way you infuse such fun in every line. Well done!

Subbing in for the rest!
:cool1::woohoo::cheer2:

Hey friends!! :wave2:

Sorry I've been off the grid for a couple of weeks. I've been working on an assignment for university, and I've just this minute submitted it.. And what's the first thing I wanted to do with my new freedom..? Get back to the trip reports board of course!!! :hyper:

So I'll get started on catching up and replying to these lovely comments :goodvibes

Looks like such a fun trip! I'd love to visit all the Harry Potter stuff in England!!

Checking in late to the party! I love your trip report so far

Maybe partly because I'm living vicariously through you right now seeing as it looks like you just went on my dream vacation :P

Looking forward to reading more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter