• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh It's A Jolly Holiday With Katie! - Beach Club / Grand Floridian

Hey Lori !!! :welcome: and :thanks: !!! Glad to have you here! Keep an eye out for yourself in the background of my pictures :goodvibes

Hey, WELCOME! Aww, thanks so much!! That means a lot :) This is my first trip report, so I'm still relatively unfamiliar with what kinds of things people like and dislike, amount of detail to include etc. I'm just sort of writing EVERYTHING that I want to remember !! But I'm really glad you like it :goodvibes

Hello and thanks so much! Oh my gosh, NEXT WEEK !! That's so exciting, I'm super jealous :thumbsup2 I hope you have an amazing trip, leave me a message if you decide to do a TR, I'd love to have a read :goodvibes and *HIGH FIVE* to Katie!! I bet she's so excited :yay:

Aw Alicia, thank you, that's so sweet!! And look at me doing the multiple quotes...!!!! THANK YOU. You are a hero! I could not figure out how people were doing this!

I can imagine travel day with a little monster being a bit more difficult. But I bet seeing his face once you get there makes it totally worth it! :goodvibes And I'm glad he liked the look of the plane food :rotfl: what a cutie :blush:

The scarves are a good idea, next time I'll give Jamie something bright and pretty to put on his case and I'll report what he thought about it :lmao:

Oh my goodness, I can't believe you love Jaffa Cakes!! What a shame you can't get them anymore. We're thinking about another WDW trip in 2015, so if it happens that you're out there at the same time, I'll bring some Jaffa Cakes for you! :rotfl:

And I absolutely loved meeting Gaston. I went back on my last day but he wasn't there :sad1: A while ago I actually searched for 'Gaston Magic Kingdom' on YouTube, there are some great clips of him! If I could, I swear I would just feed my WDW addiction by watching YouTube clips and reading trip reports ALL DAY! :goodvibes
Just joined in, but am enjoying your report immensely. Thanks for sharing with us!

As much as I swear I'm not a fan of the Grand Floridian, your photos are making me VERY excited to stay there (in just a few weeks!). :hyper:

Is that "Once Upon a Time" pillow in every room? If so, Anika may flip out as she LOVES that TV show.

Your view was PHENOMENAL! :eek: :faint:

Your pictures at night are wonderful, too. I especially love the picture you took looking into the room from the balcony. :thumbsup2

Haha no worries!! I love reading everyone's comments! Magic Kingdom is my favourite too :goodvibes Thanks so much! I'm really glad you're enjoying it! Sharing playlists is a good idea! But I don't really know how? Is this a spotify thing? :goodvibes

I am actually not very technical myself so I am not sure if you can share an actual playlist. Maybe you can take a screenshot of your Itunes (I'm assuming you used Itunes) playlist so we can see the songs listed? Let me know. I'd love to update my playlist!!!!

We will be staying at the VGF next month and you have got me getting even more impatient for our trip with those pictures. :goodvibes

The Grand looks so incredible! Amazing that you could see the water pageant from your room.

DSC03338_zpsrqiu1clx.jpg

THIS. I need this for my house. Immediately. I can't believe you didn't think to steal this for me in anticipating of "meeting" me, Katie. Geeze. :rotfl:

Oh and before I end this post, I obviously HAVE to include this short footage of Jamie doing his It’s A Small World dance.
This is what he was doing during the entire ride earlier in the day!
(And yes, the face is a totally necessary part of the dance.)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Also, this is exactly why I read your TRs. PRICELESS!!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I just found your trip report and read the whole thing (so far) today! Just a few thoughts:
1) You two are too precious for this earth.
2) I am so envious of your trip, it's kind of hard to handle.
3) There is a special place in heaven for reporters like yourself who make TOCs for their reports. THANK YOU!
4) I can't wait to read what's next! Keep the magic coming!

This is the most entertaining trip report I have ever read! I was dying laughing, you're hilarious :rotfl:and I love all your Arrested Development gifs. :rotfl2:

We just moved back from London, lived there for a year and loved every minute of it. I miss the accent so much I fall asleep to iTV and BBC at night. No joke. :rolleyes1

Since you live in the UK y'all should do a disney cruise out of Barcelona sometime! You'd love it!

We will be at DW in September too :yay:, but the beginning. I am hoping for good weather, we will see!!

Anyway, can't wait to read the rest of your report!

Stunning hotel photos. That building truly is GRAND!

Thank you! I know, it's very photogenic :goodvibes

:faint: Just...uh...I want to live there...so beautiful:love:. Why can't you be my house Grand Floridian?? Is that really too much to ask?
That view. Stop being so perfect GF. Also those updated rooms are TO.DIE.FOR! I approve :thumbsup2

Oh dear the language barrier strikes again!:rotfl: I think they use backpack more? But that reminds me of my FAVOURITE miscommunication....bumbag and fanny pack :lmao:I know fanny means bum to Americans but it sooooooo doesn't mean the same here! :rotfl2:
"Could you put this in your fanny pack for me?" Errr...not unless you buy me dinner first!!!:rolleyes1

I have to say the Jamie and I share this unpacking method! I NEVER unpack...unless it's on a chair...or the bed...or more than likely the floor! :rotfl:The floor in my house is like an extra wardrobe! ::yes::

This is my number 1 water based parade at Disney! You know out of...well...one! It's just like that woman who entered a cake making contest, she was thrilled to come second...until she found out she was the only one who entered! :lmao:Good try though love! :cheer2:

Errrm so, it can't be THAT difficult for us to team up and build a GF-style house, right?!

OMG - WHAT IS WITH THE NAME FANNY PACK. I remember hearing it on Friends when I was younger and I was like WHAT DID SHE JUST SAY?!?!?! :rotfl:
"Could you put this in your fanny pack for me?" Errr...not unless you buy me dinner first!!!:rolleyes1 - GIRL!! This made me LOL!!!! That is hilarious :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Ugh I just cannot handle you two.. :rotfl2: Jamie is a nightmare for this, like we've just walked into our shiny posh room at the Grand... Your suitcase does not belong on the floor!!!

Bahahaha that cake making contest story also made me LOL :lmao: I haven't heard that before :laughing: kind of like Charlie Chaplin entering a Charlie Chaplin lookalike contest and coming second :rotfl:

everything is so......pretty!!!!! I love all the pictures of everything in GF. Maybe someday we'll have to stay there for a night or two. So beautiful.....sigh!

Where is that jolly holiday fountain? In the villas building? It is so cute and the girls would love that!

I know, it's so beautiful!

Yes the Jolly Holiday fountain is in the villas building :goodvibes it's SO cute, definitely worth a visit if you're around the resort :goodvibes

I had no idea you had a PTR going! I'm heading over after I catch up here.

You mean like this?

That sound you just heard was my jaw hitting the floor.
I had no idea how beautiful the rooms are!

#overthetop

Wow. Just... Wow.

::yes:: Amazing!

:lmao:

They (and we) don't use it... but it's not an unknown word.

What?

Just about two of the biggest smiles I've seen.

It looks sooooo good!!!
Burger.. with lobster.... :faint:
I don't care how it tastes... It's a freaking burger with lobster!!!

Oh, that's too bad.
Next time try the burger.

That sounds good! I only have made the milk chocolate one.
I like to have bowls of whipped cream too.
The idea being: Dip the fruit in the chocolate, scoop up some whipped cream and pop it in your mouth.
Then die from bliss overload.

Don't you know you're supposed to kiss every time you drop something into the fondue?
It's a rule.

That looks so relaxing.

:laughing:
Maybe he assumed the butler would do it.

Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!?

I've never seen (or heard of) that before! I love it!

Darn. I'm at work and it's being blocked or something.
It'll have to wait until I get home, I guess.

Thanks for the amazing update!
What fantastic pictures!
Thanks so much! :goodvibes

That upstairs neighbour video made me laugh so much! It's SO true, like, what on EARTH are you doing up there?! Thankfully Jamie's apartment (where I half-live too) is on the top floor of the building.. It's bliss up here..!!! Something (not very-) interesting about me is that I HATE repetitive noises.. ticking clocks, hammering, foot steps from the floor above. We were on the top floor at both resorts which was perfect for me!!

I've never had lobster before, lobster and burger still sounds like an odd combo to me.. :crazy2:

Your fondue idea sounds great!!! I made a milk chocolate one the other day actually. It's officially the best way to eat fruit :thumbsup2

I'm glad you enjoyed the updates! Did you remember to go back and watch Jamie's It's A Small World Dance?! I remember you saying "I wish you'd videoed that" when I first posted about it :rotfl:

Oh. my. god. Your room, the resort, it's all so beautiful! Even the carpet is gorgeous. And hard wood floors? I can't even...

Thank you for sharing all the pics. We went to GF for the first time in our trip last month but we didn't get to see much of it. The boys asked me if we could stay there someday but I told them it was probably too fancy for us. Nope. I could definitely see us staying there. Maybe some day.

We don't really say "rucksack" but I know the word and would definitely understand it in context. Maybe he has trouble understanding the British accent. My dad was like that. When my parents watched Masterpiece Theater on PBS my mom would have to translate for him. :rotfl2:

The meals you had a GFC look great. I had planned on getting a burger when I was at Disney but I never did. I felt deprived so we got burgers for lunch today after Aidan's baseball game. :thumbsup2 I'm sorry you didn't liked the salmon, it looks delicious.

And it's just as beautiful at night. Looking forward to hearing more. :goodvibes

It was so so beautiful!! If you did want to stay there, we've found that Disney does some pretty sweet room only deals (but you don't tend to get free dining). I don't know if it's just a UK thing, but we've had 35 - 40% off before :thumbsup2

That's a good point, the unfamiliar word plus a british accent probably wasn't ideal!

I think it's a good accomplishment that you went your entire trip AVOIDING burgers!!! Since they are everywhere you turn at Disney!

Oh WOW!! I absolutely love your room!! And the Alice in Wonderland print in the bathroom - so cute! What an amazing view as well! Man, I am just living vicariously through your trip report now! :)

I just booked a trip for early September - I hope we have the same luck with low crowds!!

I'm glad you're enjoying it! And YAY for booking a trip!!! Early September should be great too, we were there 2nd - 16th and it was really quiet. I hope you have an amazing time! It's actually not too far away now! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Something (not very-) interesting about me is that I HATE repetitive noises.. ticking clocks, hammering, foot steps from the floor above.

So you and Cpt. Hook... basically the same person.

I made a milk chocolate one the other day actually. It's officially the best way to eat fruit :thumbsup2

::yes::

I'm glad you enjoyed the updates! Did you remember to go back and watch Jamie's It's A Small World Dance?! I remember you saying "I wish you'd videoed that" when I first posted about it :rotfl:

:headache: No! It completely slipped my mind!
Thanks for the reminder... I will! I will!
(bad pkondz! Bad!)

One of the things I'm really hoping to do on my DCP is Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom. I always rush by that to get on rides but I really want to try it out! Plus those cards look so fun!

I love Tiana too!!! That's so cute you told her Jamie was a frog until you kissed him :)

Splash Mountain is perfection!!

I love your pics with Anna and Elsa! They're so much fun to meet.

Carousel of Progress!!! My truest of loves.

I'm OBSESSED with your Splash Mountain plushies, they're amazing!

That picture of you guys with the Tangled float is literal perfection.

That Grand Floridian room is so beautiful. And those pillows!

Ooooo I love fondue too. We have this restaurant in my town called The Melting Pot where every course is fondue (like bread with cheese, or steak with teriyaki saucee) and for dessert they have literally everything you can think of to dip--fruit, cake, Rice Krispies, marshmallows, cheesecake even! So good.

I need that penguin fountain for my future home.

I guess the DCP is a good time to try the Sorcerers game, since you'll be there for a few months! Like I said, I would rather spend my precious vacation time doing other things, but you should definitely try it out while you have the opportunity! And the cards are sooo precious, if you don't play the game you should at least try to collect them all :goodvibes

Meeting Tiana and Anna and Elsa all in one day was great! I'd love to do a princess day one day. Maybe just a day of meeting characters. Please fulfil some of my daydreams on you DCP?! :rotfl:

OMG, get me to the Melting Pot immediately :laughing::thumbsup2 That sounds like my heaven!!!

Melting Pot can be such fun! :D We have one in Portland called Urban Fondue and my husband and kids :love: took me there for Mother's Day last year, and they're taking me again this year! *Kermit the Frog flapping hands yay!*

Anna just looks like the sweetest being! :flower:Gorgeous pictures and such a fun read @TheLittleKatie!

I need to find something like the Melting Pot here in the UK :rotfl:It sounds great! *Kermit the Frog flapping hands yay!* - haha! I'm picturing it!!
Thank you! I'm so glad you're enjoying it :goodvibes

I love love love this trip report! How lucky that you guys were there for so long allowing for some exploring. These pictures are great too!

Thanks so much for reading!! I'm really glad you're enjoying it :goodvibes

When I go anywhere I seem to pack nearly everything I own. I'm like I need to take like 6 pairs of shoes for an overnight trip! I mean come on! I might need to change! The Queen might be there and won't you feel silly without some fancy shoes to change into!! :rotfl:

Br'er Bear is as dumb as a rock! In the best way! :lmao: He just doesn't know any better! But on the topic of Disney Bears and clothes why is Pooh Bear the only one who wears any clothes? :confused3 And why is it just a T-Shirt he clearly eat himself out of! :rotfl:

Joey always had the best policy on food! :thumbsup2 I don't share food either! Unless its something gross I don't like they everybody go nuts! :rotfl2:

Have to admit having bird slaves would be pretty sweet! Not rats though...:scared:

I am gonna try a Dole Whip one time! I don't hold out much hope! I don't really do fruit ice cream...I mean when you could have chocolate who picks fruit?! :banana:

I LOVE when Russell Brand and Noel Fielding are on Big Fat Quiz of the Year! The are always just like those two naughty boys at school who always caused trouble! :jumping2::jumping3:

This is Mr Susan....try and get that out of your head!!

View attachment 92701

You are :welcome: :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I think I replied to another comment of yours last night, somewhere above! I really need to get more organised :sad2::laughing:

I pack everything too! My family have a kind of running joke from my childhood, when we're packing, we have to pack like two outfits for each day incase we wet ourselves :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Still to this day I'm like, hmmm I only have 10 skirts/pairs of shorts for 14 nights... What if I wet myself? I better go buy some more :rotfl2:

And I'm the same in terms of the chocolate / fruit ice cream - chocolate every time!! But you MUST try a Dole Whip! Even if you don't like it, FORCE IT DOWN. YOU WILL EAT IT :laughing:

I'm so glad you knew what I was on about with Noel and Russell on the Big Fat Quiz of the Year! I remember them being on it in like 2006 & 2007 or something, and it was HILARIOUS. And then the duo disappeared and I was always a little disappointed because the show was never as funny as those previous years.. But they returned for the Big Fat Anniversary Quiz (I think) this year - I was SO excited! And it was just as good as it used to be! *Sigh*... I wish i could see more of them together!!

Your room looks gorgeous and I love the new decor!

Nice view too and how wonderful to see the water parade floating past :goodvibes

It was SO wonderful! I was obsessed with the view, I took photos off the balcony every morning! :goodvibes

Hmmm I don't know what Live 365 is, but if it plays the Carousel of Progress track, then it seems like something that I need to look into :thumbsup2

First things first. You must check this out! In the search type in 'Disney' and there will be tons of radio stations that plays background music from the parks, the attractions, the busses, monorails, etc, etc, ETC!! My two fav stations are MouseworldRadio 2 and Reedy Creek Radio. It's free and I love just having the music up on my iPhone or computer while i'm cleaning or cooking.

(This song was playing from outside our window, so I’m including it for atmosphere!)

:rotfl2::rotfl: His face is amazeballs.

Absolutely gorgeous.

Ooh, slanted ceiling?! Adds a ton to the room!

We didn't get those special tissues :snooty:

The Grand Floridian Villas, the beach, and the beach pool:

Aw, if we had stayed at the same time, I could have waved to you from our balcony!

:lmao:

I was hoping to see more of the ceiling, I find it fascinating! It really does add to the beauty of the room, IMO.

“Oh, we’re just missing a rucksack.”

I would have known! :hyper: Harry Potter movies and Keeping Up Appearances have helped me for sure :thumbsup2

Speaking of Harry Potter, there he is!

Seriously, I can't get over the resemblance. Even DH agrees with me.

At 6:45pm we had reservations at the Grand Floridian Café! So we freshened up and headed over to the main building.

Then he had the Grand Floridian burger for his main course.
This burger has lobster in it, which Jamie had never tried before!
Lobster seems to be really popular at Disney, but you don’t really get it anywhere in England.
He said that the burger and seafood was a weird combination, but he enjoyed it!

We were very on the fence about dining here, mainly due to location for staying at the GFV. But the reviews were so mixed so in the end we ended up canceling our reservation here. When we were looking at the menus though, it was this burger that stuck out to us. Hmm, maybe one day!

Oh my gosh, how fun is that!

Are you DIS'ing and drinking a beer?!?

Luckily for him, I am Mary Poppins, and I had an intense need for my Grand room to be tidy.

KeqOJ7.gif

:rotfl: I'm so like this on vacation! The room needs to be in tip-top condition in order for the fun to proceed!

Spectacular view!

It’s practically perfect in every way!

::yes::

I LOVE the characters in the flooring!

I need to pay attention more to the floors I walk on. I NEVER noticed these! I'm such a floor failure :rotfl:

Just got home. Let the dog out (who let the dogs out? Me! Just now!) and fed her.
But then I watched the video!

So funny! :rotfl2:

Although I almost liked hearing "do it" as much. :goodvibes

Just caught up on your whole trip report! You seemed to have a great time and it shows in your photos. Thanks for sharing! Look forward to more updates.

I can't even begin to tell you how much I would love to go to Disney with you both! I love Arrested Development and your sense of humor is great! Thanks for the amazing read! So fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter