• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh It's A Jolly Holiday With Katie! - Beach Club / Grand Floridian

A last look at the Poly’s Volcano pool!

:faint: Just...uh...I want to live there...so beautiful:love:. Why can't you be my house Grand Floridian?? Is that really too much to ask?
That view. Stop being so perfect GF. Also those updated rooms are TO.DIE.FOR! I approve :thumbsup2

Our luggage was delivered promptly, but we realised Jamie’s backpack was missing.
Being the classic Brits that we are, we turned to the bellhop guy and said something along the lines of,

“Oh, we’re just missing a rucksack.”

The guy looked completely confused, and we thought he just couldn’t hear what we were saying.

So we repeated the word “rucksack” about 5 times to him, before realising that it was probably one of those words that Americans don’t use?!
Either that, or he had some seriously bad selective hearing.

Oh dear the language barrier strikes again!:rotfl: I think they use backpack more? But that reminds me of my FAVOURITE miscommunication....bumbag and fanny pack :lmao:I know fanny means bum to Americans but it sooooooo doesn't mean the same here! :rotfl2:
"Could you put this in your fanny pack for me?" Errr...not unless you buy me dinner first!!!:rolleyes1

Jamie decided he was done unpacking…
Obviously to him, piling up his clothes on the chair and leaving his suitcase in the middle of the floor was sufficient enough :sad2:

Luckily for him, I am Mary Poppins, and I had an intense need for my Grand room to be tidy.

I have to say the Jamie and I share this unpacking method! I NEVER unpack...unless it's on a chair...or the bed...or more than likely the floor! :rotfl:The floor in my house is like an extra wardrobe! ::yes::

The Electrical Water Pageant from our balcony?

BEST DAY EVER.

This is my number 1 water based parade at Disney! You know out of...well...one! It's just like that woman who entered a cake making contest, she was thrilled to come second...until she found out she was the only one who entered! :lmao:Good try though love! :cheer2:

I have never been. I am going to make a point to go next time I am out there.

You should! You'll be singing the song for a week :goodvibes

AHH Katie..I swear I am not stocking you, but happened to log in JUST as you were posting your next installment.

Sounds like you and Jamie had a wonderful morning thus far at MK. Aww, my favorite. CAN'T wait for the next visit.

I love your excitement for everything Disney and the way you write up your reports. So refreshing, keep it up.

Would you mind sharing your Disney playlists? I see that you keep dropping lyrics here and there and it put me in such an excited Disney mood. I'd like to get a list of songs you listen to so I can update my playlist.:dogdance:

Haha no worries!! I love reading everyone's comments! Magic Kingdom is my favourite too :goodvibes Thanks so much! I'm really glad you're enjoying it! Sharing playlists is a good idea! But I don't really know how? Is this a spotify thing? :goodvibes

I love that dream along show! The first time we saw it, the girls got really into it and were yelling along "I believe in dreams!" Or whatever they say. I can't remember because when I looked at the girls, all believing in the magic and making dreams come true, I lost it and the tears were rollin! Darn you Disney Magic!

It makes me SO happy to imagine your girls yelling along! I think it's "DREAMS COME TRUE! DREAMS COME TRUE!" I would totally lose it too! So cute :goodvibes

I LOVE when you can ride something as many times as you want because there are no people! Woohoo! We are lucky that we love the tea cups--there's rarely a wait there and we just do the run around and hop back on!

Castle picture--Disney perfection!

And the gif of Charlotte is exactly right for entering the Grand Floridian!

SERIOUSLY! We choose to go in September because of the low crowds, it's the most important thing for us! OMG, Jamie hates the teacups!! It makes him feel so ill! We didn't do it at all this time, but I dragged him on it on 2012 and he hated it :rotfl: That sounds like fun though! My favourite is when they ask you if you want to stay on, and you don't even have to walk all the way back around! I went to Disneyland Paris with three of my friends last Decemeber and we rode Thunder Mountain while the fireworks were on, and they cast members sent us round 5 times without us ever getting off!!!

Hahah I love Charlotte! She's one of my favourite underrated characters for sure :goodvibes

OK, I was seriously thinking this HAS to be a trick question since, yeah, the title. My attention span is short, but not tha... SQUIRREL.

Did you find the FP line for Anna/Elsa to be really quick. I've read that in a lot of reports and it was my experience as well. Just a few groups.

Yeah, like she's not the impulsive one.

I loved Anna in pretty much all her forms throughout the parks. Her character is probably top for me just because she's so adorably quirky.

You match up quite well I assure you.

I always hate to talk about characters "out of character" but Elsa, as pretty as she is, just never looks right to me and it's definitely the hair. It just never looks good to me.

You should have done what I did when given the red wait time card at Buzz. Completely forget to turn it in until after the ride is over.

WOW. That may be the first double max out I've seen. Impressive, and congratulations.

I love this!!! You are officially a Disney World nerd!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! (this is a good thing by the way)

I accidentally stumble across Dream Along All the time, and pretty much always stop to watch at least some of it. It was actually years before I sat and watched the whole thing beginning to end, lol.

You do that too, huh?

Oh Splash Mountain you magnificent beast.

OMG my new favourite Space Mountain Photo. How to ride Space Mountain after Drinking Around the World and then singing the entire Frozen soundtrack!

Honestly hard to believe that is the same person that was apparently "celebrating" in the Space photo. This is a lovely picture of you two.

I hope you did the right thing and told the little girl that the parade is the other way.

That is AWESOME!!! Should have been the Ariel float but whatevs. But you know how I love hearing about awesome CM's. Love this!!!!

I LOVE when you can ride something as many times as you want because there are no people! Woohoo! We are lucky that we love the tea cups--there's rarely a wait there and we just do the run around and hop back on!

Castle picture--Disney perfection!

And the gif of Charlotte is exactly right for entering the Grand Floridian!

Yeah they seemed to have a good system for the Anna and Elsa fastpasses, we noticed that there's a sneaky moment in the line where you are guided around to see Anna and Elsa, or around a different way to meet some other friends of Anna and Elsa :thumbsup2 Which seemed to make the line go down very fast! And Anna was so adorable! When it was my turn to meet her, she practically ran at me, she's so adorably friendly!

"You match up quite well I assure you." - to a Disney Princess?! Gee!! You made my day!!!

I totally agree about Elsa's hair! I mean, look at what they did with Festival of Fantasy, yet they can't even get Elsa's hair right :rotfl:

Haha thank you!! Now we just have to figure out TSMM! There must be some cheat shots there :thumbsup2

Hahah I love both of those attractions!!! I would go round and round without getting off if I was allowed :goodvibes

Hahahaha I do look so goofy on that photo! It's when I know I'm about to have a photo taken, but I haven't figured out what to do with myself yet... So I just.. you know.. do this.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

How fun that you got a Fastpass for Anna and Elsa! I love the details you captured of your surroundings before the meet. What happened to Jamie? Did he not want a picture with royalty? :confused3

Galactic Heroes! How fabulous! :woohoo: I can pretty much guarantee that I will NEVER get that button... I'm pretty good at TSMM, but I'm HORRIBLE at Buzz!

The Carousel of Progress! I LOVE that attraction! :lovestruc Thank goodness I have Anika well-trained - she's willing to see it at least 2-3 times each trip!

Your photos of Splash Mountain turned out so well! My interior photos of that ride always look like a big blur. :rotfl:

What a great picture in front of the Partners statue! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 for the Photopass photographer!

It's GRAND FLORIDIAN TIME!!! :dance3:

I know!! Well it just felt necessary to meet the rulers of Walt Disney World! Jamie wasn't too bothered about meeting them so he hung back and took a couple of photos :goodvibes He's a bit similar to Anika I guess, he likes to meet the big fluffy characters like Baloo, but he's not really interested in the Princesses :confused3

Haha, BELIEVE IN YOURSELF! You can get the button, you just have to know where to aim :thumbsup2

I've just updated with some GF photos! YAY! :woohoo:

What a beautiful photo that they photopass CM took for you. I LOVE it when they take a little extra effort to make sure it is a really special photo and moment. Goes to show you that some CM still spread the magic. EEEK! SO cute !

I love coming across CMs who spread the magic! There are too many around now who are just... plain.. Like they're not necessarily rude or grumpy.. But a lot of them have lost the Disney magic :sad2: It's great when you come across a special one! And this guy was very special :goodvibes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I am THE most gullible person! I try to say I'm not, but I really am. I always start out with the, "Stop lying! That's not true!" and then ALWAYS end up like, "Really?! NO WAY!" at the end. And my boyfriend always laughs at me. He has a really amazing poker face and I clearly am just able to suspend disbelief so fully that I'll believe anything if you tell me, "No, it's true!" enough times! :rotfl:

Haha, this story IS me!!!! :rotfl:

OH MY GOSH! I can't believe you're LEAVING ME IN THIS MUCH SUSPENSE!!!!!!!!! I'm dying. Next time I type a comment it's going to be as a ghost and I'm going to be all like "WooooOOoooOooooo..." but in a much more ghostly way than it looks typed out. Straight up ghastly. 1,000th happy haunt, right here, thanks to you. :rotfl::hmghost:

I'VE UPDATED :jumping1:

everything is so......pretty!!!!! I love all the pictures of everything in GF. Maybe someday we'll have to stay there for a night or two. So beautiful.....sigh!

Where is that jolly holiday fountain? In the villas building? It is so cute and the girls would love that!

:rotfl: Perfect! I love how in character they are, it's so amazing! I wonder how often they have to practice their 'conversations' in private.
Uh, why I never thought of this before, but please try out to be a princess :worship: You already got the pose down perfectly!

These are still excellent scores though!

But these are WAY better :hyper:

Well you did get some greenery and Eeyore so i'd say it's a success!

Is it sad that i've only seen this once but know many, many lines from listening to Live 365 all the time?? :blush:

I've always loved this little garden. So cute!

He looks totally calm and collected for sure!

Yes totally!!!

Holy cannoli!

Because it's a really cool part in the ride of course. The tunnel is trippy!

:faint: This looks amazing right now!

Definitely the perfect shot!

Oh my goodness such a beautiful day! The best day to check into the most perfect resort on property i'd say! :thumbsup2

Oh how I miss this place! Still can't believe I was able to stay here :faint:

Your 'about to see my room and incredibly stoked about it' face!!! :banana:

Anna was great! I don't like to mention characters 'out of character' - but you know.. I bet these people have their fair share of bad day in real life, but they still stay in character all day and I take my hat off to them!

OMG that made me smile so much!!!! I don't think I could handle the pressures of being a princess :rotfl: but I'd like to be someone like Wendy or Alice?! And I wouldn't even have to fake a British accent!

Hmmm I don't know what Live 365 is, but if it plays the Carousel of Progress track, then it seems like something that I need to look into :thumbsup2

That tunnel in Space Mountain is super trippy! And even more so in the front seat!

I've just updated with my GF photos!!! There a couple of pictures in there of the villas building, I'm so glad I have your trip report to gain a little insight into what the villas are actually like!!! :goodvibes

Love all the photos!!! Your reports are truly such a delight to read :) I can not wait to see what that room looks like...and the view!!!!!

Thank you so much! It makes me so happy that people are enjoying reading my report! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Loving your TR. Haven't followed a TR in years but keep returning for yours! I didn't know about the "Gallactic Heros" pins. I will have to do some research on secret spots and tell my hubby about this. I can see him being exactly like your BF. My hubby also likes to make serious faces on rides and get our oldest involved. Makes for some hilarious pictures.

Hey, thank you!! I'm so glad you're enjoying it :goodvibes
Yes there's definitely some stuff online that will guide you on how to get a high score on Buzz! Or better yet - you could learn all the hot spots, and NOT tell your hubby about it... Then watch his face when you get 999,999 :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:rotfl::rotfl:It drove Jamie insane!!! :laughing:

I had no idea you had a PTR going! I'm heading over after I catch up here.

I hate having loud people stomping around above me,

You mean like this?

We found room 9513, booped our magic bands to the sensor, and VOILA!

That sound you just heard was my jaw hitting the floor.
I had no idea how beautiful the rooms are!

And yes, they did have personalised tissues..!!

#overthetop

Wow. Just... Wow.

We had such a beautiful view!!!

::yes:: Amazing!

And I think Jamie approved too…

:rotfl:

:lmao:

So we repeated the word “rucksack” about 5 times to him, before realising that it was probably one of those words that Americans don’t use?!

They (and we) don't use it... but it's not an unknown word.

Either that, or he had some seriously bad selective hearing.

What?

This pretty much sums up how we feel about being here :hyper::hyper:

Just about two of the biggest smiles I've seen.

Jamie got the pan-seared scallops to start. He said they were really good.

It looks sooooo good!!!

Then he had the Grand Floridian burger for his main course.
This burger has lobster in it, which Jamie had never tried before!

Burger.. with lobster.... :faint:
I don't care how it tastes... It's a freaking burger with lobster!!!

I had ordered the salmon off the specials menu, because I looooove salmon.
But unfortunately it didn’t really float my boat.

Oh, that's too bad.
Next time try the burger.

I’m a sucker for a fondue, I make white chocolate with raspberries all the time at home!

That sounds good! I only have made the milk chocolate one.
I like to have bowls of whipped cream too.
The idea being: Dip the fruit in the chocolate, scoop up some whipped cream and pop it in your mouth.
Then die from bliss overload.

And we caught the giggles because everything kept falling off the fork and into the chocolate pot

Don't you know you're supposed to kiss every time you drop something into the fondue?
It's a rule.

I saw some people toasting marshmallows on the fire which was precious!

That looks so relaxing.

Jamie decided he was done unpacking…
Obviously to him, piling up his clothes on the chair and leaving his suitcase in the middle of the floor was sufficient enough :sad2:

:laughing:
Maybe he assumed the butler would do it.

The Electrical Water Pageant from our balcony?

Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!?

I HAD to see the Jolly Holiday penguin fountain in the lobby!!

I've never seen (or heard of) that before! I love it!

I obviously HAVE to include this short footage of Jamie doing his It’s A Small World dance.

Darn. I'm at work and it's being blocked or something.
It'll have to wait until I get home, I guess.

Thanks for the amazing update!
What fantastic pictures!
Thanks so much! :goodvibes

Oh. my. god. Your room, the resort, it's all so beautiful! Even the carpet is gorgeous. And hard wood floors? I can't even...

Thank you for sharing all the pics. We went to GF for the first time in our trip last month but we didn't get to see much of it. The boys asked me if we could stay there someday but I told them it was probably too fancy for us. Nope. I could definitely see us staying there. Maybe some day.

We don't really say "rucksack" but I know the word and would definitely understand it in context. Maybe he has trouble understanding the British accent. My dad was like that. When my parents watched Masterpiece Theater on PBS my mom would have to translate for him. :rotfl2:

The meals you had a GFC look great. I had planned on getting a burger when I was at Disney but I never did. I felt deprived so we got burgers for lunch today after Aidan's baseball game. :thumbsup2 I'm sorry you didn't liked the salmon, it looks delicious.

And it's just as beautiful at night. Looking forward to hearing more. :goodvibes

Oh WOW!! I absolutely love your room!! And the Alice in Wonderland print in the bathroom - so cute! What an amazing view as well! Man, I am just living vicariously through your trip report now! :)

I just booked a trip for early September - I hope we have the same luck with low crowds!!

You were meeting Zurg?

No?

I've heard nothing but good things about them.

:laughing:

And of the two, everyone seems to just adore Anna.

Hmmmm... Not seeing anything weird in the photo?

:laughing: What did you say?

This is a responsibility of immense proportions.

I totally understand.
Anyone would be rattled by that.

Whoops! Well, that'll learn ya!

Woot! Way to go guys!

With good reason! :laughing:

I didn't know they had those?
How do you get them (I mean apart from the obvious getting the top score part)?

:laughing: That's our Katie. A model of modesty.

::yes::

Get in line! :laughing:

:sad2:

Jamie perturbed.

Oh, I don't know. I think you did a fine job of looking daft.

:rolleyes1

::yes::

You're like: "Wow! This is going on too!"

Maybe once.

Maybe.

He's a man's man.

Now that's just sad.

Someone seems to be just a wee bit obsessed... :laughing:

whoa. I don't know what impresses me more.
Zero line or your dedication.

:lmao: That's hysterical!

And I'm glad you did!
Because of a sore neck, I chose not to ride it this time....
I think the last time I was on it... was possibly before you were born! :scared:

:laughing: Well as long as you look good, who cares if you look silly or strange or whatever.

Smileycoffeespit_zps78mxykvg.gif

Yes!!!
Mmmmmm... Dole whip.

Looks like heaven.

You should be! It's a great photo!

Just a little happy with GF are we?
I'm so happy for you guys!

Did you have to get new ones?
Or you wanted new ones?

Looking forward to it!
Thanks for the updates! :goodvibes

While I was replying to this message you posted again on my new updates - just thought I'd point out what I'm replying to here so that you aren't completely confused!

I loved Anna and Elsa, but I agree, I probably loved Anna more! When it was my turn to meet her she practically ran at me! She was so cute :lovestruc

Haha I don't remember exactly what I said to Elsa when she asked me if Eeyore was a reindeer, but it was something along the lines of "no I think he's a donkey, but maybe he'd still be open to pulling me around on a sled?! I'll have to go and ask him." :thumbsup2

Yay official galactic heroes! :woohoo: As you exit the ride vehicles and walk towards the exit, there's a tiny little store where Zurg is behind bars. So when you max out your score, you go over to the counter and just tell them you maxxed out your score, and ask if they have any buttons!! They had a box of pre-made ones that we chose from :thumbsup2:goodvibes We were seriously dedicated to saving the galaxy on this day, 8 times in total!!! It was mainly Jamie though, he became totally obsessed :rotfl:

Oh wow, you haven't ridden Space in a long time! Although with a sore neck I don't blame you.. It's VERY rickety!

For the magic bands - basically we booked a week at the Beach Club and 14 day park tickets (UK offer I think!) so we got our first set of magic bands attached to that reservation. Then we booked the week at the Grand Floridian, so we got to customise a second set on magic bands in MDE! They were totally interchangeable of course. But you can't even choose not to have two sets of bands if you book it like that - you can't 'delete' or 'remove' them - so I guess they were FORCED upon us..! But I'm not complaining :thumbsup2

Super late to the party but I love your TR!

Also, The Mighty Boosh Old Gregg skit somehow made it to my husbands workplace about a year ago and they quote it so much. I've only seen the video once, but they quote it so much that I know it word for word!

Hey you're not late at all, I'm glad you're here!! That's so funny, Old Gregg is seriously trippy, but it's very quotable!! Jamie does the 'Hi there" line PERFECTLY! Like, it sounds like Old Gregg is in the room :rotfl: so weird!

Only 6? That's nothing! I usually bring an empty bag with us for all our "essential" purchases! :rotfl:And I have also been know to buy another suitcase while on holiday...:rolleyes1
DBF was not impressed when we went to Paris for a WEEKEND and I had four bags...just to myself...and bought another one...and a new handbag...:sad2:

That is hilarious!!:rotfl2:

I know what you mean....why is he the only one without any trousers on?? :confused3 Way to keep it classy dude :lmao:

Call me crazy but I LOVE its a Small World! I always get suck near the end of it and its just so funny to people watch everyone on the ride (mostly the dads) just mentally ripping off their own ears :rotfl: So funny!

My brother used to be OBSESSED with the Mighty Boosh. I never really liked it all that much (but Noel Fielding is just so bonkers its brillant) and he would always make me watch a part of it that had a character called Mr Susan who lived in the mirror world. Everytime I hear some one say "Look at them shine" I picture him...:rotfl:Now I will be picturing this whenever I go! Thanks! :sad2::rotfl:

All hair Queen Stacey the rightful ruler of all the Kingdom of Must-Doeia! :worship:
All her decrees must me answered! Its the law :teacher:

You have to help these boys out you know. They will never figure it out on their own! :rotfl:

Taking a page out of Br’er Bear's book! :thumbsup2 Clothing optional! :rotfl:

I guess Jamie heard about that rule where fries don't count if you eat them off someone's plate! :rotfl: But lets be real hear Katie were not kind of expecting that when he ordered green beans?! :lmao:

This picture is just perfect! You have nearly identical Princess poses!
I have to say that Anna has become my favourite princess (personality wise anyway). She just keeps it real and looks all jacked up first thing in the morning which I respect #NoFilter:rotfl:
She doesn't get the concept of Stranger danger though...its only expectable to go anyway with a stranger if they have ice cream. Everyone knows that :rolleyes1

:cool2: Nough said.

I always knew that Eeyore was the real Galactic Hero! :rotfl:

Aww poor Jamie! :rotfl:He looks genuinely saddened by that! :sad1: Men are so fragile! :lmao:

That dude...What a legend. Never gets any older....:scratchin Its like he's a robot or something :scared1:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

OMG we could be related!! I do that ALL the time. Breathing...who knew it was hard?? :confused3
:rotfl2:

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! So excited!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Confession time: I have never had a Dole Whip....:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1: I know what is wrong with me?!?!?! I wish I knew...I wish I knew :rotfl::rotfl:

Ah this is just PERFECT!! :cloud9: Photo Pixie Dust :tinker:

:jumping1:Oh my goodness I am just too too too jazzed for this!!!:daisy: That place is just the most beautiful thing ever!! Please can I just live there for ever and ever?? Please?? ::yes::

An empty bag for purchases is exactly what I do!! :thumbsup2 Hahaha four bags for a weekend though, you must pack just like I do :rotfl:

Hahaha I know, and the poor guy is too dumb to even be embarrassed about not having any trousers on (bless him) Awww I love Br'er Bear :lovestruc

I'm the same as you on the Mighty Boosh too, I never liked it much as a whole, but Noel Fielding can be pretty hilarious! I really like him on Never Mind the Buzzcocks. And the times that him and Russell Brand have been on the Big Fat Quiz of the Year have just been hysterical!!!!!

"and he would always make me watch a part of it that had a character called Mr Susan who lived in the mirror world."

HAHAHA this is just the most bizarre sentence!! But because it's in reference to the Mighty Boosh, it's totally acceptable :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:I don't remember that one, I'll have to look it up. Alongside Old Gregg, Milky Joe was one of my favourites! That's the one where they get stranded on a dessert island and make friends with the coconuts :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: That's it, I need to rewatch some of this show :thumbsup2

Ugh Jamie always does this!!! Orders something healthy then eats the chips from my plate >:( it's just like that Friends episode.. I understand Joey's anger!!

YES respect to Anna for keeping it so real. She doesn't have her bird slaves dress her in the morning like Cinderella. Stay humble, Anna.

Errrm, you NEED to get a Dole Whip in your life!!! My favourite is the pineapple and vanilla swirl, but I've actually never had a Dole Whip float before so maybe they're even better!

I've just seen that you've replied to my new updates! :woohoo: I'll get there soon :rotfl:

Wooohooo you're checking in at the GF, I've stayed there a couple of times and it's so gorgeous isn't it!

It's so amazing!! I loved it, it feels so special :goodvibes I've just updated with lots of photos ! :goodvibes:goodvibes

All caught up. I adored Anna & Elsa at our meet n greet, especially Anna. She's my sister from another mister :lovestruc

I hear you! Anna is just so cute! She was so energetic and friendly I loved her :goodvibes

Stumbled upon your trip report, and I love it.

Two things - I studied in London for a few months when I was in college - love it there! Funnel cake - awesome, but just get powdered sugar on it next time. I feel like it would be terrible with chocolate sauce!

Hey, thanks for joining in, and I'm glad you're enjoying it!! That's cool that you studied in London! I hope the rain didn't put you off for life :rotfl::umbrella:
That is a popular opinion about the funnel cake - to get it without the chocolate sauce next time. I'll definitely be keeping that in mind for when we return in September :thumbsup2

I'm with you on funnel cake....HATE IT!

Haha :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2: It was awful!! Everyone seems to be saying the chocolate sauce was a bad idea.. but I don't know. Maybe I'll give it another chance this year. Or maybe I wont... There's just so much more deliciousness around Epcot!!!

Hi Katie! :wave:

So sad you had to leave the Beach Club but the Grand Floridian looks beautiful. I can't wait to see more of it!

What a beautiful day at MK. I'm kicking myself that we didn't stop and get some Sorcerer cards when we were there. :sad2: I skipped it because I didn't think the boys would do well with the game and I think I was right based on what you said about it. But the cards would have been a nice souvenir. We did Pirates League instead which was kind of a disappointment but I'll write more about it on my TR.

I love the photo with Tiana. It's great you got to meet Barbara. I looked around for her but didn't spot her. I love Splash Mountain, I'm surprised they don't sell more merchandise. We had trouble finding a kids shirt with Stitch on it. So weird. :confused3

I laughed about Jamie telling the person that you guys are brother and sister.

You guys really lucked out with Photo Pass photographers. :thumbsup2 We were not so lucky. We got a couple good ones but the vast majority were not great.

Hey Colleen!

I don't think you missed out on much with the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game, but the cards are pretty cute!!! Oh no, I usually hear good things about the Pirates League! That's a shame that you had a bad time. I don't know if you've written about it yet, but once I'm done replying to comments here I'm heading right over to your trip report (and others of course) to catch up!

Haha, well THANKFULLY he didn't actually tell the woman that we were brother and sister, but I knew he wanted to!! He's a jerk! :rotfl:

Oh know, I can't believe the majority of your memory maker photos weren't great! :sad2: We got lots of great shots, maybe you just got quite unlucky :confused3 That's a shame though!

Love every bit of your TR and eager to see MOAR! ;) :D

Yay thanks!!! I've posted a few updates with lots of GF photos :goodvibes:woohoo:

While I was replying to this message you posted again on my new updates - just thought I'd point out what I'm replying to here so that you aren't completely confused!

Not to worry. I'm thoroughly confused at the best of times.

When it was my turn to meet her she practically ran at me! She was so cute

:laughing: I wish we could have see that!

Oh wow, you haven't ridden Space in a long time! Although with a sore neck I don't blame you.. It's VERY rickety!

It has been a while.
I will ride it again (I hope) in the future.
The neck thing was temporary.
But considering what I was going to do the next day, there was NO WAY I was going to risk it!

For the magic bands - basically we booked a week at the Beach Club and 14 day park tickets (UK offer I think!) so we got our first set of magic bands attached to that reservation. Then we booked the week at the Grand Floridian, so we got to customise a second set on magic bands in MDE! They were totally interchangeable of course. But you can't even choose not to have two sets of bands if you book it like that - you can't 'delete' or 'remove' them - so I guess they were FORCED upon us..! But I'm not complaining :thumbsup2

Oh! Okay. I get it now.

One of the things I'm really hoping to do on my DCP is Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom. I always rush by that to get on rides but I really want to try it out! Plus those cards look so fun!

I love Tiana too!!! That's so cute you told her Jamie was a frog until you kissed him :)

Splash Mountain is perfection!!

I love your pics with Anna and Elsa! They're so much fun to meet.

Carousel of Progress!!! My truest of loves.

I'm OBSESSED with your Splash Mountain plushies, they're amazing!

That picture of you guys with the Tangled float is literal perfection.

That Grand Floridian room is so beautiful. And those pillows!

Ooooo I love fondue too. We have this restaurant in my town called The Melting Pot where every course is fondue (like bread with cheese, or steak with teriyaki saucee) and for dessert they have literally everything you can think of to dip--fruit, cake, Rice Krispies, marshmallows, cheesecake even! So good.

I need that penguin fountain for my future home.

Melting Pot can be such fun! :D We have one in Portland called Urban Fondue and my husband and kids :love: took me there for Mother's Day last year, and they're taking me again this year! *Kermit the Frog flapping hands yay!*

Anna just looks like the sweetest being! :flower:Gorgeous pictures and such a fun read @TheLittleKatie!

I love love love this trip report! How lucky that you guys were there for so long allowing for some exploring. These pictures are great too!

An empty bag for purchases is exactly what I do!! :thumbsup2 Hahaha four bags for a weekend though, you must pack just like I do :rotfl:

Hahaha I know, and the poor guy is too dumb to even be embarrassed about not having any trousers on (bless him) Awww I love Br'er Bear :lovestruc

I'm the same as you on the Mighty Boosh too, I never liked it much as a whole, but Noel Fielding can be pretty hilarious! I really like him on Never Mind the Buzzcocks. And the times that him and Russell Brand have been on the Big Fat Quiz of the Year have just been hysterical!!!!!
"and he would always make me watch a part of it that had a character called Mr Susan who lived in the mirror world."

HAHAHA this is just the most bizarre sentence!! But because it's in reference to the Mighty Boosh, it's totally acceptable :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:I don't remember that one, I'll have to look it up. Alongside Old Gregg, Milky Joe was one of my favourites! That's the one where they get stranded on a dessert island and make friends with the coconuts :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: That's it, I need to rewatch some of this show :thumbsup2

Ugh Jamie always does this!!! Orders something healthy then eats the chips from my plate >:( it's just like that Friends episode.. I understand Joey's anger!!

YES respect to Anna for keeping it so real. She doesn't have her bird slaves dress her in the morning like Cinderella. Stay humble, Anna.

Errrm, you NEED to get a Dole Whip in your life!!! My favourite is the pineapple and vanilla swirl, but I've actually never had a Dole Whip float before so maybe they're even better!

I've just seen that you've replied to my new updates! :woohoo: I'll get there soon :rotfl:

When I go anywhere I seem to pack nearly everything I own. I'm like I need to take like 6 pairs of shoes for an overnight trip! I mean come on! I might need to change! The Queen might be there and won't you feel silly without some fancy shoes to change into!! :rotfl:

Br'er Bear is as dumb as a rock! In the best way! :lmao: He just doesn't know any better! But on the topic of Disney Bears and clothes why is Pooh Bear the only one who wears any clothes? :confused3 And why is it just a T-Shirt he clearly eat himself out of! :rotfl:

Joey always had the best policy on food! :thumbsup2 I don't share food either! Unless its something gross I don't like they everybody go nuts! :rotfl2:

Have to admit having bird slaves would be pretty sweet! Not rats though...:scared:

I am gonna try a Dole Whip one time! I don't hold out much hope! I don't really do fruit ice cream...I mean when you could have chocolate who picks fruit?! :banana:

I LOVE when Russell Brand and Noel Fielding are on Big Fat Quiz of the Year! The are always just like those two naughty boys at school who always caused trouble! :jumping2::jumping3:

This is Mr Susan....try and get that out of your head!!

image.jpg

You are :welcome: :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Last edited:
Your room looks gorgeous and I love the new decor!

Nice view too and how wonderful to see the water parade floating past :goodvibes

OMG the GF pics are just :love: I mean talk about perfection! It's now one of my new life goals to stay there even if it's just one night :cloud9:

Sorry you didn't enjoy the salmon @ GF Cafe! I have heard really good things about that place - I am not a big miso fan though so I may not have enjoyed that either. Miso is for soup, not for salmon, wouldn't you agree? :confused3

Ok...that video cracked me up! Is it weird I watched it like 3 times? :rotfl2: You two are seriously the MOST adorable! And also, if that's how Jamie dances on IASW I would love to ride with ya'll - he would be very entertaining :rotfl:

Can't wait to read more girly! :banana:

As one who will likely never ever set foot in a Grand Floridian room (nor would they probably let me), it is just awesome to see. Classy!! But you know what's even better? You're reaction to it. Love it!!! :flower3:

I have to admit, that my one and only Deluxe stay was possibly topped by just the fact that there was a coffee maker. Even wth a refillable mug I put that bad boy to much use. Sometimes it's the little things.

These are the kind of views where, if you weren't actually in Disney, you would never leave the room. PLUS you can see the monorail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Oh, we’re just missing a rucksack.”

For the record, I've never heard this in Canada either.

I am ashamed to admit it, but in all my years of Disney, I have yet to see the Water Pageant. At least that I can recall. :(

I can't help but notice the Mickey sticker on the back of the computer, and of course I love it. Yes, beautiful, elegant room, and all I see is a Mickey sticker. :earboy2:

Love the new updates! The Grand Floridian looks amazing. You are lucky to get to stay there. After seeing your buttons for Buzz Lightyear I had to go look up how to max out a score. My oldest so and I watched a you tube video showing where to shoot. I told him to keep it a secret next time we go so we can beat my dh! :ssst: We are so excited to get a button! Can't wait to see Universal.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter