Oh Florida! An East Meets West Girl's TR: 8/9 p56 & 8/17 p57

Lovely day, well morning, in the MK. I have definitely put down the waffle option as something to add to the mix. Great you found that and passed it along!

I really enjoyed your photos from the New FL and am so pumped to see it for myself. It'll be like going to a brand new park for the first time with new rides even for me! WOOT!

I LOVED your "artsy" photos the best though! Even a simple leaf is something to give a little downtime and relaxation to a tired soul.

I love DISMeets and am so glad you got to see LL (wondering if that's LadyLallie who used to be here??) I met up with her briefly as well years ago, and miss seeing her posts.

Pool time... what else can be said? Your view was absolutely beautiful and peaceful.

Thank you for those Ocean City pictures. I have not been for many many years, we go to Assateague now since I can take my dog. But many a childhood summer involved Ocean City.

Look at that rain! Wowza! Remind me again when you're going in August. Mom and I will be there July 31-August 4. I don't think we overlap but I'm doing some wishful thinking :)

I have not even thought about doing a TR for my most recent trip, life has just been crazy.

Love the Ocean City pictures. THanks for sharing.

That's some great looking 'ritas.
And a whole LOT of rain. Wow.

Hey guys - Denny and I have left for our long weekend in Williamsburg. We decided to leave early from work yesterday and spend the night in Virginia Beach. The weather is completely overcast and very moist, but we had a nice walk on the Boardwalk last night and I just had a pleasant run to the inlet and back. This is a very cool beach town. It has a lot of nice features, but there are also things showing their age. Anyway - we are heading to Norfolk today to tour the USS Wisconsin and then checking into our hotel in W-burg for the weekend. If I get some free time I will check in with replies.

Here’s a few from St Michaels, Md. I was there for a day trip last July.

Nice shots! I haven't been there in years.

Rather, we were heading here - home of the best dang margarita on the planet.

I should have guessed!

It was time for us to head out for our dinner ADR, but the weather was NOT cooperating.

Yikes. Looks like that got on you in a hurry.

We dodged the rain and made our way to the monorail so we could head to dinner.

Any guesses?

The Wave? :confused3

We decided to leave early from work yesterday

Score! :yay:

we are heading to Norfolk today to tour the USS Wisconsin

I love touring ships like this. Corpus Christie, TX has an aircraft carrier, the USS Lexington, the I've gotten to tour a couple of times now. It is really awesome how those things are designed. Not quite as nice as the Disney Dream though!

Denny and I have left for our long weekend in Williamsburg

Have a great weekend!

What gorgeous pictures you have from St. Michaels and Ocean City - thanks for sharing! Looks like St. Michaels would be right up my alley. :thumbsup2

Yikes! That as a lot of rain, you could see it pelting right off the garbage can! :eek: I hope it cleared up for you fast.

I hope you and Denny have a fabulous weekend in Williamsburg!!! :goodvibes

A drive by hello! Sorry to be totally MIA. It is the end of the school year gauntlet here which means kid events every night. Literally. Every.Night! Including the weekends.

It sucks the life out of me. LOL!

About 10 more days of insanity, including houseguests, in laws, Taylor's college graduation (and probable drama around the event). And..Evan turns 16 on Sunday. AACK, how is that possible? I will try to get an update up over the weekend and catch up on replies but it is possible that it won't happen.

I hope you both are having fun/surviving this week. Mary Ellen, sorry that it's been rainy and overcast on your vacation, but I hope it's a nice break from reality. Enjoy the time away from work. Cynthia, sounds hectic, but hopefully things will slow down after school gets out. Graduation time can be so dramatic, crossing my fingers everything runs smoothly and without any hiccups.

Love your pictures from last summer, and beautiful phtoos in your F&G update. I don't drink margaritas, but they sure look good. That seems to be a lot of rain you two have dealt with thus far on this trip. :(

I hope you don't get totally drenched before dinner. Hmmmm....where could you be going? Ohana, maybe?

Denny and I are back from our long weekend in Williamsburg. Once again, we had a great time despite the fact that it was cool and rainy two out of the four days we were away. We spent our first night in Virginia Beach then, day tripped over to Norfolk to do a navy base tour and a museum tour. We checked into Williamsburg Thursday evening. We spent 3 nights at the Marriott Vacation Club Manor Club, which was awesome. I thought it was almost as nice as staying in a DVC studio. We used our AP's at Williamsburg to tour the two Williamsburg museums (including the Rockefeller home - Bassett Hall) and the other attractions we had missed there in the past. Apparently attendance is down for Historical Attractions, which made our visit better, but is sort of sad.

We spent an evening in Yorktown and went to historic Jamestown today. Wow - Historic Jamestown is truly awe-inspiring because if it wasn't for that first British colony coming over here, the US would be very different today.

Of course, we ate at some fun places, we managed to squeeze in some pool and hot tub time, I ran every morning, and we had a few too many adult beverages. :faintL: I was tracking my calories before we left. All my hard work has been messed up, so tomorrow its back on the wagon.

I'll slowly be catching up with everything over the week..

I love that you stayed at the Manor Club!! We stayed there about a year ago in a one bedroom and it was larger than my first apartment. Very nice community. Love, love, love Williamsburg...such a neat area! Glad you had a good long weekend. Funny about attendance being down at historical attractions (which I find incredibly sad), my husband and girls were just up at the Rockefeller house in New York and they said that the ranger told them that since the Ken Burns series on the Rockefellers that attendance was up there. I would suppose just because of the series it might only be up for places related to the Rockefellers. Which is sad...everyone should visit these places. I'm lucky I have 2 kids who love history! Have you ever stopped by Monticello during your trips to Williamsburg?

Christine

Glad you and Denny has a nice time away! Will you be posting some pictures? I'd love to see them! :goodvibes

I'm glad you had a nice weekend. Definitely disappointing to hear that the historical sites aren't getting as much love these days. But at least it worked out well for you.

I'm glad you had a nice little getaway, despite the weather. I loved your FB updates.

Looking forward to hearing about the last trip to Wburg. Trying to stay caught up and man I just keep falling behind. :sad1:

Catching up! Great updates and pictures!

Mary Ellen, regarding your concerns about not being able to keep up with the DIS, I relate! I am following so many reports that trying to keep current is like being on an endless treadmill :faint: (of fun and Disney, of course). I am finally trying to get myself to be okay with responding as I just did above, when I need to, versus commenting on everything in detail, as I prefer to. Gotta do what ya gotta do and all that. And I am doing my best to help you keep up by neglecting my own reports, so don't worry about those. :rotfl2:

(Also, @Sunset Cliffs , nice to see you around here again! :wave2:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter