Oh Florida! An East Meets West Girl's TR: 8/9 p56 & 8/17 p57

I woke up and enjoyed some coffee, probably on the verandah. But I didn’t have a cool Disney mug, so I didn’t take a picture. Major fail!

Well, then get thee to a gift shop!

I love single rider. As some as you may know, Denny will not get in a single rider line. It’s just one of his weird things. So I rarely, if ever, do single rider when I vacation with him. Good thing my DIS friends aren’t weird like that.

We're just weird in countless other ways.:thumbsup2

And I found someone to take our picture AND work they did it correctly. Score!

Wow! Go buy a lottery ticket!

We were surprised to find that one of the displays had developed a big sink hole and the CM’s were busy trying to fix that.

:scared1: I guess it's better there than under Spaceship Earth or something.

Nice pictures from you run and your veranda. It looks like you had a great morning with Rosie, Carol, Pat and Marv. I love all the bright colors of F&G. I can't wait to see it again. So many pretty pictures! Very nice group pictures too.

Good luck with the race this weekend!

I love that area at OKW. We've stayed in South Point several times and have really enjoyed the quiet pool there and the proximity to the trail. We're requesting it again when we head back in a few weeks.

That's so funny about Denny refusing to ride single-rider...maybe he really just likes riding with you so much he can't give it up!

Have the best time at PHM and good luck! Can't wait to see pics.

Haha, I think without single rider there are a lot of things I would never get to ride. I just wish there were more!

Awww, lovely picture of you all in front of Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto.

When I was in Epcot last month they were starting the prep work for Flower and Garden. You could see all the varous markers and whatnot for where the planting would take place. I really do miss not being there for Flower and Garden. Epcot just never looks better.

My first trip was during F&G and I fell in love with the way EPCOT looked at that time of year. But I really like F&W, guess I'll have to take two trips a year. :scratchin :lovestruc

Love the look of OKW, I'm going to rent points for my trip this year because DD wants to stay at AKL for her two week graduation trip. If the process is as painless as it looks to be I'm seriously considering OKW as the next place to stay.

Absolutely gorgeous photos of the resort, Mary Ellen! Now... if only I could run with that scenery every day... :rolleyes: I guarantee I'd be a more motivated runner!

Love the group shot! :thumbsup2

I'm glad that you have a hard time putting away your camera on Spaceship Earth - it's always an Epcot favorite of mine and I never tire of the scenes.

Your flower photos are beautiful! I'm so excited to be at Flower and Garden this year... though, to be fair, the last day of the festival is my arrival day. :sad2: It goes without saying that I'll be at Epcot until they kick me out! ;)

Good luck, Mary Ellen! I can't wait to hear all about your run! :goodvibes

Woohoo! And you'd made it to Epcot - great arrival picture! :thumbsup2 The last two trips I've tried to arrive as early as humanly possible so I have that much more of the day at Disney - I would do the same as you if I lived on the West coast... red eye all the way! Besides, that's what coffee is for anyway, right?! I'm excited to hear all about the reunion with Mary Ellen! Also... cannot believe you'll soon be running under the sign. :worship:

That IS what coffee is for. AND....I just found out, for PHM, the MCO starbucks opens at 5am! I think it is fairly likely Ann and I will hit it rather than suffer DME without it. LOL! Luckily she shares my feelings. We may have to split up, our luggage will all have to be picked up (land too early for DME) so maybe one of us will get coffee while the other corrals our stuff since we do land 20 minutes before it opens...so even with deplaning time will likely have a small wait. Is it wrong to actually hope the flight is a tiny bit late!

Good point about how much easier it is to travel solo! I've gotten used to trips with a toddler now, but had a work trip last fall and packing for just me was SO easy! :rotfl: I kept feeling like I must have forgotten something, since I needed so little.

Ugh, I think a redeye would be a tough way to start a WDW trip, especially with a layover like that. Makes me feel better about being in the midwest - only a 4 hour flight, so not terrible (though we do lose an hour).

Ha, we've been talking all about Cronuts in my TR lately, now you are too. I ate a day-old one, so need a re-do with a fresh one next trip. ::yes::

it's only a 5 hour flight, if you do a direct one. Which there are plenty of, just not red eyes anymore. BOO. Day old would NOT be the same I imagine. I
need to get over to your TR and check it out.

MEK and Cynthia,

I"m still way back a few pages where MEK updated. And I must say, I"m officially jealous that you all got to have such a GREAT meet up with Marv, Pat, and Rosie and Carol! How fun!!!

I am kinda hoping all that construction mess is over and done with before my trip.

Promise I'll catch up with your post Cynthia! Hopefully tomorrow or Monday. :)

You are doing FAR better than I with more on your plate my friend!

Cynthia I don't think I could do the red eye. I do understand not wanting to waste time traveling. We usually drive and it takes the better part of the day. I'm glad you had a relaxing Mother's Day to get you ready for travel. Beautiful picture in Epcot. You do look bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. I'm really looking forward to trying the food kiosks in Epcot for F&G. The last time I went of F&G was in 2007 so this will be new to us.

Looking forward to more.

I'm not a fan of long car rides, really not sure which is worse! I typically can operate pretty well on little sleep unless it's been several days in a row. The food kiosks for F&G were a great addition!

Red eye or not, heck, get me to WDW post haste! I'm glad to jump in and following along!! I love hearing about your girl trips.

YAY Brenda! :welcome:

Everybody Loves Epcot

In our last update Cynthia wrote about her travel night and her arrival to the world. That means I’ve got some catching up to do!

BTW -This will be my last update before I leave for the PHM. I can’t believe that a week from now I will have already run through the castle. Hopefully I will live to tell about it!

You will live and do amazing! And then we will celebrate!!!

OK, so I got a little carried away with the view pictures

nah, not at all, it was a killer view! I LOVED it out there.

Here’s our villa - the last door on the top right

actually nope. That top right is above ours. We had the first floor but it was a bit elevated on the back. I was a bit bummed at first as I have first floor issues (lol) but the porch wasn't ground accessible at all.

You had a great morning! Just perfect all around, a lovely run, some rides, friends, a little treat...perfect!

That flight sounds like a killer! A cronut seems like the perfect breakfast treat after that!

Enjoy the PHM ladies!!

Oh I've had worse (flight wise) lol!

We will enjoy PHM, thank you!

I can't multi-quote from where I sit, so I spent tonight catching up on other TRs. Be back tomorrow with replies.

Cynthia - we really weren't on the top floor? I guess I got confused with my last trip there. But that makes sense from the view pictures. Maybe its just wishful thinking.

I can't multi-quote from where I sit, so I spent tonight catching up on other TRs. Be back tomorrow with replies.

Cynthia - we really weren't on the top floor? I guess I got confused with my last trip there. But that makes sense from the view pictures. Maybe its just wishful thinking.

Nope, it was really the first floor but it felt elevated when on the back porch, much more of a deck than a patio for sure!

I woke up and enjoyed some coffee, probably on the verandah. But I didn’t have a cool Disney mug, so I didn’t take a picture. Major fail!
That's a shout out to Cynthia's trip report - the one that made me interested in trying out Old Key West. :)

I was so excited to find the start of the running path directly across the cul-de-sac from our villa.
We are looking forward to walking the paths when we are there. Just ten more days now before we are there.

Here’s our villa - the last door on the top right
It is nice to see the front of the villas to get an idea of the layout.

As you can see, my partner on this ride was Pat!
That is a good picture of you. Mine are usually cringe-worthy. :(

LOVE that area of OKW, I may never want to stay anywhere else!
Do you remember what building you were in? I want to get an idea of where that view is. :)

Beautiful Resort pics from your run! I just love those Treehouses.

Fun pics from Epcot so far. Beautiful flower displays. I love all the topiaries from the Flower and Garden Fest. Looking forward to the next update.

Good luck to both of you in the Princess HM.

Good luck with the Princess Half Marathon! Here's to you all getting the run time that you're aiming for.

Great pictures around the resort and at Epcot. Love Flower and Garden! It always looks so colourful.
There is a design station at the end of TT near where the display cars are. You can design your car at those stations and load it on the MB. Then if you do go on single rider again, you can scan your MB and your designed car should come up.
Love the Dis-ser pictures!

I know you ladies are leaving soon....how do I get alerts to updates? I thought it odd I hadn't heard anything with your trip being so close....

Good luck with the Princess Half to you both! :hug:

That's a shout out to Cynthia's trip report - the one that made me interested in trying out Old Key West. :)

Why yes it is! That's what I do, coffee on the verandah. Even the front porch at home will do! Especially when the weather shows up like this in Feb!

2019D43D-FE5D-47CD-8D73-85E9F927BE28.jpg

We are looking forward to walking the paths when we are there. Just ten more days now before we are there.

It is nice to see the front of the villas to get an idea of the layout.

That is a good picture of you. Mine are usually cringe-worthy. :(

Do you remember what building you were in? I want to get an idea of where that view is. :)

55!

Good luck to both of you in the Princess HM.
Thank you!

Good luck with the Princess Half Marathon! Here's to you all getting the run time that you're aiming for.

Thanks PIO!!!

I know you ladies are leaving soon....how do I get alerts to updates? I thought it odd I hadn't heard anything with your trip being so close....

Good luck with the Princess Half to you both! :hug:

Thanks!!

Grr on the updates. I am still not getting any email updates. When I log in, I can see alerts if there have been posts. You can change your alert settings in your profile but I know I've checked and my threads I want email as well and despite that being checked, I'm not getting any emails.

I leave TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, I'm behind already! :rolleyes1

Fun time at DTD, MEK! And your surprise was awesome! Haha, I can't believe that person who couldn't take your picture! :rotfl: I admit though, whenever someone asks me to take their picture, I always feel like that's going to be me, struggling to figure out the camera!

Cynthia, I love travel day too! It's always crazy, but so much fun! Did you have your cronut? OMG those are the best things ever! :worship:

Love all of your Epcot pics, MEK, such a beautiful morning! I am so excited to be going to Disney during Flower and Garden again, and I'm definitely going to have to check out the festival center now, after seeing all of your flower pics!

Good luck at the Princess Half!! :jumping1:

Cynthia I don't think I could do the red eye. I do understand not wanting to waste time traveling. We usually drive and it takes the better part of the day. I'm glad you had a relaxing Mother's Day to get you ready for travel. Beautiful picture in Epcot. You do look bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. I'm really looking forward to trying the food kiosks in Epcot for F&G. The last time I went of F&G was in 2007 so this will be new to us.

Cynthia is always very awake for someone who doesn't get much sleep at night while traveling. It's pretty impressive!

Looking forward to more.

:thumbsup2
Red eye or not, heck, get me to WDW post haste! I'm glad to jump in and following along!! I love hearing about your girl trips.

:welcome: Brenda! Great to see you on the boards again! Thanks for joining in!

SOunds like a fun morning in EPCOT.

It was a perfect first morning to start the trip! And the weather was gorgeous! :goodvibes

Good luck on the half marathon next weekend. Can't wait to read all about it.

On behalf of both of us, thanks! I need all the luck and determination I can get. I am a little nervous about the whole thing.

I love the views from your run! (I'm always impressed that you run while on vacation!) :worship:

I love running at Disney. There is always something lovely to see. Plus I enjoy stopping and smelling the roses, so to speak.

IMultiple rides on Test Track? You've gotta love the single rider line. Anika and I only rode it once on our last trip as the lines were INSANE (probably as it was just six months post-refurb), but I hope to ride it several times on the upcoming trip.

We made out great on the single rider rides in May. In fact, I forgot we had the chance to do two rides. It was a fun morning. I hope you get to ride it more on your upcoming trip!

A topiary of Kermit and Miss Piggy?! Is this new? I've never seen it on another trip report! :love:

It may have been new last year. I'm really not sure. It's definitely the first time I have ever seen it.

Have a wonderful time on your trip and good luck on your run! I'm quite sure you will live to tell about it. :P

Thanks! I BETTER live to tell about it! :faint: Honestly, I will be glad when its over!

That flight sounds like a killer! A cronut seems like the perfect breakfast treat after that!

:thumbsup2 all this talk about cornuts is definitely making me want to try another.

I am impressed at your dedication Mary Ellen! And what a beautiful view while you ran!

I really enjoy running while on vacation. I think its because its hard for me to run in the morning at home, so its sort of a treat on vacation. Plus Disney is full of great places to running.

F&G is such a beautiful time of year at Epcot. I love the addition of the food stands this year. I think we'll try Single Rider this year. Maddie is old enough now and never feels like she gets enough rides on TT ;)

I totally agree. It is a great time of year and the food kiosks really are a fun (and profitable) addition. :laughing:

I think that's great that Maddie is old enough for single rider TT. I know the first time my kids did singer rider it was a little unnerving, but it always worked out fine.

Enjoy the PHM ladies!!

Thanks! pixiedust:

Great updates, MEK.

Thanks Kathy! :flower1:

I'm with Dennis...I'm not fond of Single Rider line either, but Mark will do it. Although perhaps since I am not a fan of the design the car thing on Test Track, I should take that route.

Well, its good to know that Denny is not the only one who doesn't like single rider, but you're right - it definitely leaves out the design phase.

I love your pictures on Spaceship Earth (still can't believe I didn't guess that on your FB post last week). Great picture of the group. :thumbsup2

Thanks!

I thought for sure you would get that. You are a whiz at all things Disney. But even you can have a momentary lapse. :rotfl2:

Gorgeous flower pictures, Mary Ellen. How I wish we would be seeing those now instead of all the snow on teh ground.

I hear ya sister! Even though we don't have much snow here, I am so tired of the cold. I can't wait to see some signs of spring.

And another single rider picture on TT. I love your enthusiasm in the picture of people you don't know.

I figured what they heck. I'll never see these people again! :rotfl:

And a great picture of you, Marv and Pat.

Thanks! I love that pic! :goodvibes

GOOD LUCK at the Princess Half, Mary Ellen!!

Thanks Wendy! I really need all the luck I can get! This is going to be a real challenge for me! ::yes::

What a beautiful run around the resort. And such a beautiful view too!

I love running at SSR. It's such a great resort and perfect for running.

I admit I've never done the single rider line. Johnny has once or twice, he sure got through quick!

When you are there as a couple I can see not using single rider too much. It worked out great for us since we met up as a group. There are certain ride where single rider is the way to go.

You guys all had a great morning at Epcot! Ahhh some day I really HAVE to see the Flower & Garden Festival, it looks so absolutely gorgeous! I especially love the Kermit & Miss Piggy topiary!

You would LOVE Flower & Garden. It's a great time of year and the addition of the kiosks make it so much better. And the topiaries are fabulous. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter