Oh Florida! An East Meets West Girl's TR: 8/9 p56 & 8/17 p57

Finally all caught up! I love how you ladies fit so much in from Dis-meets to a spa visit and everything in between!

Our spa day was so much fun. We didn't spent much time in the parks, but we managed to have a really full and fun day. And, as you know, there will be more DIS meets coming up. ::yes:::disrocks:

Mary Ellen- your pictures are always amazing but you know I'm a fan :)

Thanks Dawn! It's fun to go back and look at them a year later!

You mentioned thinking about visiting Paradiso. Skip it. We met friends there for dinner recently and none of us were impressed. Better food and drinks elsewhere.

Thanks for the review. I never hear too much about it one way or another. I am sure that you guys have hit up most of the restaurants in the general area by now. You are officially the dining experts. We do have an ADR for Portabellas. Any word on that? I think I spelled that wrong. oops.....

This time I was going for a meal that Captain Oblivious was sure to approve of.

10440922-mr-dad-seal-of-approval-for-bailout-the-game.jpg

We had a lovely lunch, which was interrupted about every three minutes by the sound of a fire alarm.

Ugh. That would get so old, so fast.

See what I mean?

Holy cow. That looks like heaven's wrath about to pour from the skies.

OK, so maybe the skies aren't THAT blue!

Blue-ish is better than heaven's wrath.

And here is picture proof of our DIS meet!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Need I say more?

Mmmm...pineapply.

I wish they would leave the flowers in the water all year long.

::yes:: Me too. The flower beds on the slopes next to the lagoon, too.

Thanks for the review. I never hear too much about it one way or another. I am sure that you guys have hit up most of the restaurants in the general area by now. You are officially the dining experts. We do have an ADR for Portabellas. Any word on that? I think I spelled that wrong. oops.....

We have no experience with Portabello's so I can't be of any help there, sorry. I will be looking forward to hearing what you think of it!

Love this!!!!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Ugh. That would get so old, so fast.

Believe me, it did - especially after one too many beers the night before! :rolleyes1

Holy cow. That looks like heaven's wrath about to pour from the skies.

It was crazy. No sign of rain until we looked straight up and then - Wow!

Blue-ish is better than heaven's wrath.

Agreed. ::yes::

Hey you know what they say - something about if there isn't a picture it didn't happen. :confused3

Mmmm...pineapply.

Mmmmmm indeed!

::yes:: Me too. The flower beds on the slopes next to the lagoon, too.

Hey, don't push you luck. :rotfl:

We have no experience with Portabello's so I can't be of any help there, sorry. I will be looking forward to hearing what you think of it!

I'm not 100% sure we will keep the ADR, but I wanted to have at least one new restaurant on the list. We'll see. I'd really like to do the boathouse, but the prices are high and I have no idea whether they take TIW.

All caught up on another trip report.
I love your pictures of SSR-I am staying there in December. Your trip reflects friends having a great time.

I'm going to need to re-do B&C. I have to admit that I wasn't exactly wow'ed by the food the last time I was there and I haven't been back. Your pictures of the food look great!

What a great time at Epcot. Love the DisMeet picture. How cool!

All caught up on another trip report.
I love your pictures of SSR-I am staying there in December. Your trip reflects friends having a great time.

:welcome: Lee! Thanks for joining in! You are going to LOVE SSR. I may have a few more pictures coming up. I loved our location at OKW because it made visiting SSR so easy.

We really did have a great girl friend trip. It was tons of fun!

I'm going to need to re-do B&C. I have to admit that I wasn't exactly wow'ed by the food the last time I was there and I haven't been back. Your pictures of the food look great!

Really? I'm surprised. Not that I don't believe you, but I really haven't heard many bad things about the food. Hmmmm.....what did you order? Although, most people go there for the ice cream and I've been there twice and haven't even tasted the ice cream there. Sometimes I am just not much of a dessert person.

What a great time at Epcot. Love the DisMeet picture. How cool!

I'll let Cynthia post the PP pictures of our meet. It was really fun to run into Kat, especially since she almost completely canceled her trip. I know she's glad she didn't.

Really? I'm surprised. Not that I don't believe you, but I really haven't heard many bad things about the food. Hmmmm.....what did you order? Although, most people go there for the ice cream and I've been there twice and haven't even tasted the ice cream there. Sometimes I am just not much of a dessert person.

We had a meat burger, a salad and a hotdog; and the icecream. The icecream was good....the meat burger was overcooked, the salad wasn't good (the leaves looked really tired) and the hotdog had obviously spent too long in the cooker. Maybe we hit it on an 'off' day.

I'll let Cynthia post the PP pictures of our meet. It was really fun to run into Kat, especially since she almost completely canceled her trip. I know she's glad she didn't.

Look forward to seeing them.

We had a meat burger, a salad and a hotdog; and the icecream. The icecream was good....the meat burger was overcooked, the salad wasn't good (the leaves looked really tired) and the hotdog had obviously spent too long in the cooker. Maybe we hit it on an 'off' day.

Well, you know how I feel about yucky salads. So not cool to serve something like that. A salad should always be nice and fresh and green. Sorry your burger wasn't good. I don't order a lot of burgers, but when I do at Disney they are usually pretty good!

Look forward to seeing them.

Me too! Cynthia????

Happy Birthday MaryEllen! party: :cake: :bday:

Thanks! I could go for a piece of that virtual cake right about now! :rotfl2:

:cake::bday:pixiedust:Hope you have a great birthday Mary Ellen!!

Thank you! See above regarding the virtual cake comment!

Silly me - I told Denny he was not to get me a birthday cake under any circumstances. Now I am having second thoughts! :rotfl:

:bday: :cake: Happy Birthday, Mary Ellen. I hope you have a nice day.

Your pictures of Test Track are really good. I can't believe how clear those pictures of the outside track are, especially considering that you are traveling at almost 60 miles an hour. ;)

Beautiful flower and Garden pics! I wish they had those flowers in the water all the time too.

I am another fan of the France Movie, it was one of the places we sat out the deluge of rain that we had during our trip in September. I love the scenes with that garden in your pictures

Happy Birthday!! :cake: :bday: :flower1:

Nice update MEK! I love the F&G pics. I'm looking forward to our 1st F&G trip April, 2016.

We do have an ADR for Portabellas. Any word on that?
It's been 3 years since we ate there but we weren't that impressed. It's been a while so it could have changed. I'll put it this way...we were able to get 7:00 dinner reservations last minute about 5:00pm that day but like I said, it was 3 years ago.

Technically, it is still your birthday (here in CA) and I can still wish you a VERY Happy Birthday! :cake:

I'm so hopelessly behind but I want to comment that I love how you've forged such a beautiful friendship with Cynthia and can share in your love of Disney AND now running together. (And that photo of you crossing the finish line was such an incredible moment - I was cheering you on!)

Just a few comments from catching up on your TR....now I'm craving a Beaches & Cream burger... funny how one moment you don't even know you're hungry and then bam! You see a photo and you must have it. :rolleyes:

I really enjoy the France movie, it so beautifully captures the landscape. Those Test Track photos are great action shots. I'm always nervous about having my camera out since I fear one wrong move and there goes my camera sailing overboard.

So glad that our dates will sync up in Dec. ::yes::

:bday: :cake: Happy Birthday, Mary Ellen. I hope you have a nice day.

Thanks Sue. Why does everyone keep trying to tempt me with this virtual cake???? :laughing: I had a great day. Denny and I actually celebrated in advance and spent the day at the beach. That was fun!

Your pictures of Test Track are really good. I can't believe how clear those pictures of the outside track are, especially considering that you are traveling at almost 60 miles an hour. ;)

So glad you like them. I am pleased with how well they turned out, but I have gotten a lot of practice over the years. ::yes::

It's your computer challenged friend! Photobucket has not been kind to me this week! As a result, while I will try to get an update up tomorrow, the brutal reality is Monday is far more likely.

I'm finally caught up! :thumbsup2

Sounds like you two had a great sushi-filled night at Splitsville - your sushi looks yummy!!!

OMG you two managed to go into the men's room?! Totally something I would have done! (and have... trust me!) :rotfl:

Ahhh, Beaches N Cream. I haven't yet been but it's really a place I want to visit someday soon.

Ugh, I know - I wish they'd leave the flowers in the water all year long too! :sad2:

Sounds like a great day at Epcot, despite the rain. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter