Oh Florida! An East Meets West Girl's TR: 8/9 p56 & 8/17 p57

Ugh! I felt so silly that night. I was the last person to know and so much intrigue in getting me to stick around at DTD. They should have just surprised me the next day. I would have been equally surprised. :faint: But seriously, I do appreciate all the effort they put into it.

I think our reasoning was we thought there might be a park visit that night which might make it easier. When there wasn't, we scrambled a bit since we knew DTD was so hard to get to. The next morning you were teetering with going to a park early or waiting for Cynthia to arrive. We didn't want to miss you again. The last thing we wanted was for you to hop a bus to somewhere as we hopped one to find you. :headache:

What a great surprise Dis meet, that we can all enjoy through pictures.:earsgirl:

It was a fun night and a great way to kick off the trip! And I was totally surprised. That's for sure!

My fingers and toes are crossed for you Mary Ellen that you have no flight issues. This has been a weird winter so hopefully nothing causes any delays. pixiedust:

We have virtually escaped all snow so far this winter, but just north of us people have gotten real snow. And, of course, NY and New England has gotten hammered. I feel sorry for everyone in Boston.

I love that you waste no time getting to DISmeets. I'm starting to get the same way, lol.

Heck yes you are! I am sure you have more DIS meets than me. We did have quite a few this trip and it was really nice it worked out that way. I love DIS meets. They are part of the best part of the trip.

Ha, overwhelming is an understatement for WoD. It's just so massive. I'm convinced there are people in there from World War 2 that don't yet know the war is over.
:rotfl2: :rotfl::lmao: It really IS so big and its so easy to get turned around in the wrong direction.

YAY, I have that Monorail decal on my car.

Cool! I love that sticker. It's just classic!

popcorn::

I figure I should get one more update in before I leave next week.

I am trying! Being gone all last week, an insanely busy weekend and another work trip tomorrow are not helping. But I WILL get it up before we go and before the weekend is over as I need to do some sewing lol!. Hopefully long before but I don't want to overpromise!

There is a 10K. It's the day before the PHM. I feel the same way you do. I like the 10K distance. I feel like its a good distance. It's a challenge without being ridiculously long. I am still pretty worried about the 1/2 marathon distance.
You've run twelve miles in training so you'll do fine in the half marathon. It will be a fun day that you'll remember for a long time. :goodvibes

I had never run until April of 2015 and when I did register the furthest I had run was a 10K. You can definitely do it!
It took me a lot longer to work up to running long distances when I first started running. You must really enjoy it. :)

You will both do great in the marathon.

How great you had dinner with Rosie. She is such a great person.

Loved the walking tour of DTD.

I want every t-shirt you took a pic of especially Yoda with the mickey ears.

Nice surprise you got. Sounds like a good arrival day.

I am caught up.

I'm so excited for your PHM and all the girls that are running! Praying that the weather won't even be an issue and you'll arive at WDW safe on that Friday.:goodvibes

Hey at least I can make out that there are 3 humans in the photo, that's all that matters!:thumbsup2

Aw what a nice suprrise!!! I bet you were very excited for that surprise meet!

Okay, what is a Trutle Krawl and where do I find one??

It took me a lot longer to work up to running long distances when I first started running. You must really enjoy it. :)

Oh my goodness that should say April 2013 lol! April 2015 isn't even here yet!

Love it? No. There are times I hate it And it truly sucked at first. More like a love/hate relationship. I feel better after and there are moments I do really enjoy it but the vast majority of the time...it's a chore. Like going to work or cooking dinner or doing the dishes. Something I have to do but often don't exactly love (or hate).

Races help keep it interesting and me on track. Those are fun. My first 10k was in October 2013 and interestingly enough is still my fastest race by a landslide. Go figure!

I think I was lucky and pretty motivated from day 1 that my runs be at least 30 min if I was going to run instead of other cardio. So that helped me ramp up relatively fast plus I had a decent fitness base to start. But oh it sucked at first!

Great meet with Rosie and Carol and great surprise meet with Pat and Marv. How much better can it get?

Not much better. That's for sure! I was really excited to meet Rosie an Carol for the first time and getting surprised by Pat and Marv was fun too! That was my first time meeting Marv. :thumbsup2

Love all the photos, especially the ones of OKW and I had to :rotfl: when you reported about the person trying to take a picture of the five of you. We had a similar situation at ESPN when we asked the bar tender to take a photo of us during a DISmeet and he held the camera the wrong way around. :rotfl2: We got a lot of fun pictures of his red shirt. :thumbsup2

Oh NO!!!!! Are you serious? Didn't he realize what he was doing? :confused3 I would think a bartender takes tons of pictures. He should know what he's doing. Too funny! :rotfl2:

MaryElllen, I'm sorry I'm a bit tardy in responding. We went to see the kids in Dubuque for the weekend and that has put me three full days behind (I haven't even gotten back to do my wrap up on my TR or welcomes to those who have subscribed to my new PTR :sad2: ).

Kathy - you should know by now that you NEVER have to apologize for being tardy. It looks like you had an awesome weekend with the kids. It's so nice that you get to visit them regularly!

And for the record - I am chronically behind on the DIS these days. I'm exhausted when I get home from work. The last couple of nights I have fallen asleep with the computer on my lap. :faint:

I loved taking a boat ride with you to DTD from OKW. You know how I feel about OKW; and the boat ride is part of the reason I love it so much (can you say only 151 days for trip #3 to Disney this year and our stay at OKW).

OKW is awesome and the boat ride is really a nice part of it. I was really torn as to weather to stay there or the Boardwalk this summer with my kids. But I opted for the Boardwalk because of the close proximity to Epcot. I know my oldest wants to try his hand at "drinking around the world". I thought this might be safest. :drinking1:rotfl2:

We still have not eaten at House of Blues. Maybe one of these trips. The fries look yummy. And you couldn't ask for better company for dinner.

I enjoyed it there. The food was decent, the atmosphere was fun, and the prices were reasonable. I would definitely go back!

Love shopping at DTD...but all that construction. :scared:

Denny and I never visited DTD in October, so I don't know if there was any improvement. But it was bad last May. It just looked so crappy. That didn't stop us from visiting!

I knew Pat and Marv were at Disney together around that time, but wasn't sure it was your dates. What a nice surprise for you.

I had no idea Pat was going to be there. She totally hid that from me. AND I had no idea at the time that she was dating Marv. So double surprise!

I agree that the resort buildings are just lovely. I've often said that it reminds me of a more upscale Caribbean Beach. If it had beaches, I just might be able to talk John into staying there.

It really is similar to CBR. They both have the same great laid back vibe. But *sigh* no beaches!

Yay for not one but two Dismeets with one of them being totally unexpected! I was laughing when you talked about Rosie and Carol huddling together and mumbling to each other because that's how my Mom and I shop when the darn sales clerk's try to bombard us with "can we help you?" questions. :P

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao: That's too funny. Do you really do that? I am sure that Rosie and Carol were putting their heads together to think of more ways to stall me. I was pretty clueless to what was going down!

I'm back and all caught up! This may be the first time I'm actually current on an MEK trip report (which explains why I rarely post because my comments would be ancient history at that point... :rotfl:). First off, amazing shots of the welcome sign - mine are typically all lopsided and blurry. :sad2:

:woohoo: Woo hoo for being up to date! I know how hard that can be some sometime. Glad you like the welcome shots. I have taken enough of them and probably have them in all kinds of weather and all different types of the day. I can reuse them whenever I want. :rotfl2:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather cooperates for you so you can't get race packet asap - I'm positive that'll happen! I'm very excited to hear all about the race. I'm a runner, too, but I'm having some knee issues right now which has me bummed. When the weather cooperates (it's winter in upstate New York... so, that = rarely), I get out and run when I can. I'm very much looking forward to the spring... and not just because of my May trip. ;)

I really hope I don't have an hold up getting the race packet. I guess I should really stop worrying about it.

It must be impossible to run in the winter up there. I don't even like running here in the winter and we get a fraction of the snow you get. I have gotten quite used to just running on the treadmill and it really doesn't bother me any more.

YAY for a May trip! :cool1:

I think it's so amazing that you two met here and take regular trips together. It's really what these boards are all about. :cloud9: Disney + friendship.

I have met some of the nicest people on the DIS. Most of them are people I would have NEVER in a million years have had the opportunity to meet. I find that really cool. I love having DIS friends all over the country. :thumbsup2

First off, I seriously cannot believe that the trip is coming up already! I'm freaking out a little, but in a good way. :jumping1:

I'm freaking out too because I just want to get there and I hate that I have to wait until Friday night to leave.

MEK what corral are you in? We're all starting in K. Jeni is technically in I and her sister Veronica is in J, but they're coming back to start with me and my slow boat.

I was hoping for F, but it looks like I just missed it so it's G for me. I think. lol. I probably should recheck that.

I get you with the desire to drive in case weather gets crazy. I heard the northeast might get hit this weekend.

That's all going north of me. Your mom actually texted me today to see if we are getting snow. No snow, just insanely frigid temperatures. Yuck.

We'll say you got a picture of the Treehouse you stayed in. LOL. Just go with it.

OK Will do! :thumbsup2

Yay Rosie! So awesome that you met and had a meal together.

I loved meeting here. She is awesome and I'm sad she is not on the boards very much any more. Boo!

I had a few pictures turn out that way too and my camera was on auto! I was like "seriously dude? Figure it out!"

I am just going to hand people my phone from now on. It's much easier. :rotfl:

You took a picture of the Hoy Poloi store sign. Only reason I know that is every time I walk by, I say Hoy Poloi. Can't help it. Hehe.

What is in there? I don't even know. :confused3 It just shows how much shopping I do.

I find WOD overwhelming at times too. I don't like going on there at night, because it's so busy. I prefer to go early in the day when everyone else is in the parks. Plus, I don't find their offerings unique, so I don't think it's worth it to go anyway.

It's crazy in there at night. I agree - most of the stuff that's in there you can find elsewhere. If i'm in the area I'll take a walk through, but I won't go out of my way to stop there.

Yay for meeting Pat and Marv. But boo for the ding dong that couldn't figure out how to work the camera. Jeeeeezzzzz.

I'm really not sure what the problem was, but the person with her didn't offer to help her out. Once again - I am going with the phone from now on. ::yes::

Okay Mary Ellen first I have to compliment you on your fantastic TR pics! OKW looks lovely. I have heard that it's like a hidden Disney gem, and your pictures make it look like a resort I would like to stay at someday....along with the treehouses....maybe one day! A boat ride to DTD is always a plus, but oh my goodness that construction was a nightmare! Glad to see that your boat docked close to your destination.

Thank you! I'm so glad you like the pics. OKW is a really great resort and because it was the original DVC it has really large rooms from the studio straight through to the 2BR. It was perfect for a girls trip because its got two queen size bed instead of one bed and a pull out.

That construction was SO distracting. I hope its all worth it. I'm sure it will be, although I have no idea what was wrong with DTD the way it used to be.

Dinner with DIS friends sounds like a good way to kick off a Disney trip for sure and the bread pudding looked wonderful!! And then shopping afterward, goodness you make me homesick for Disney! Your friends were being awful sneaky but it seems as though it was for a good reason! Yay for surprises and more reunions!! Great update! Can't wait to read more:goodvibes

It was a great way to kick of the trip and that bread pudding looks fantastic, but I really don't think it was mine. I usually don't order dessert because once I have a drink and an entree I am usually too full. :faint:

I am loving your pictures of OKW. We'll be there in just a little over two weeks and I am on a mission to learn everything I can before I get there. I would love to have time to take the boat to DTD.

I'm glad you are enjoying the pictures. It's much prettier in person. I know I keep saying this, but I really hope you and your family enjoy the resort. It's a great resort with a great feel. Make sure you eat at Olivia's.

We were at DTD last month and there is no longer a resort bus stop at the west end. So you have to backtrack to get back to the buses. A boat at the west end was the perfect way to tour it. Hopefully they put a bus stop back at the west end when everything is all completed.

I hope they do too. I am sure they will. If you are going to DTD you should definitely take the boat. It's a lovely ride.

Good luck with your running!

Thanks. I need all the luck I can get now. The training is done, but putting it into action is a whole other story.

Wow, that really is a beautiful resort!

OKW is so lovely. I really love it there and it was great for the girls trip because the studios are big with two queen beds.

Glad you got to DTD in time, what a wonderful dinner and evening shopping, especially with DIsers!
Awww what a great surprise!!

It was a great way to kick off the trip. I loved meeting Rosie and Carol and then getting surprised by Marv and Pat. They really surprised the heck out of me.

Mary Ellen - I am totally impressed with your training and dedication! I think your 11 minute/mile pace is terrific. Good luck with those shorter training runs.

Thanks. It's been a lot of cold, long, lonely runs. I have to say that last weekends long run wasn't bad because the weather was perfect. No wind at all. But its pretty rural where I run so I get nervous about that, plus there isn't a lot to look at so I started to dread anything 10 miles or more. I am happy to have a break from that.

Great OKW pictures. We have not been there, but your pictures make it so appealing. And WOD - total sensory overload for me. Can't do but a short time in there.

OKW is a great resort. I think the only downside is that there are resorts with better location, but if you really want to feel relaxed and laid back - its really the place to go.

What a nice surprise too!

Rebecca

They TOTALLY surprised me. I had no idea THAT was going to happen. :faint:
The Sunken Treasure!!!

We have a whole tribute section to it on the FAQ

Sunken Treasure: The unofficial beverage of the Beach and Yacht Club FAQ forum:

Ode to my "first" Sunken Treasure by natebenma

DSCN2849-1.jpg
sunkentreasure.jpg

Contents: Malibu Rum, Midori, orange juice, pineapple juice and Sprite with a splash of BOLS Blue Curacao.

Thanks, pixarmom, Feckless, WDW4us2006 and Ninja Mom for the photos!

Please note that the Sunken Treasure is no longer on the menu at Hurricane Hanna's, however if you get a bartender who knows how to make the drink, you may still be in luck!

Thanks to medicgirl177, who experiemented at great personal risk to decipher the secret formula:

Sunken Treasure- recipe by medicgirl177
1 1/2 shots Midori
1 shot Malibu Coconut Rum
1 shot orange juice
1 shot pineapple juice
Sprite or 7-Up to fizzy taste
1 shot Blue Curaçao
Over ice
Dress with Pineapple slice, cherry, or umbrella

SunkenTreasureingredients.jpg
P1130980.jpg

Thank you for reposting all that Dee! :worship: I totally want to see if someone will make me one. It looks and sounds so perfect. If I take the recipe do you think I can get it???? I SOOOOOOOO want one! :drinking1

How in the world do I NOT know about this drink????????

I think I have a shopping list now. :idea: :drinking1

That is a VERY good question?????????

:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3

I thought you were a BC expert. Apparently they don't make it anymore, but Dee says you can find the occasional bartender who will make it. I WANT ONE! :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

How fun they surprised you with a meet!

They really got me good. That's for sure! :faint:
Those fries look mighty scrumptious! popcorn::

They were yummy. They had a nice, crispy outside.

When DTD is busy I just want to hightail it out of there. But there are several shops I really like too.

I hope the renovations help with that. I'm sure they will. They construction made the whole place pretty chaotic last May.

Love that boat ride from OKW :lovestruc

It really is fabulous! I love taking the boat from OKW or POR.

I think our reasoning was we thought there might be a park visit that night which might make it easier. When there wasn't, we scrambled a bit since we knew DTD was so hard to get to. The next morning you were teetering with going to a park early or waiting for Cynthia to arrive. We didn't want to miss you again. The last thing we wanted was for you to hop a bus to somewhere as we hopped one to find you. :headache:

That would have been BAD! I really appreciate all the effort you put into tracking me down. Cynthia said her phone was blowing up all evening!

I am trying! Being gone all last week, an insanely busy weekend and another work trip tomorrow are not helping. But I WILL get it up before we go and before the weekend is over as I need to do some sewing lol!. Hopefully long before but I don't want to overpromise!

Ugh - I know you have been traveling a lot. that's got to be so difficult. I complain about working OT, but that's got to be easier than traveling. Just do what you can do. I will post my update before I leave next week. I'll do it either this weekend or mid week. But I don't even have all my photos edited yet so I've got some work to do.

You've run twelve miles in training so you'll do fine in the half marathon. It will be a fun day that you'll remember for a long time. :goodvibes

Oh I know I will remember it. I certainly remember the first one I did about 15 years ago. I couldn't walk for the next week. :lmao: And stairs - forget about it! :faint:

Cynthia is doing amazing at running. She keeps getting faster and faster and she has the right attitude to make her successful at a strict training plan!

You will both do great in the marathon.

Half Marathon Scott! HALF! There is NO way I will ever run a marathon. That ship has sailed. For sure. :rotfl:

How great you had dinner with Rosie. She is such a great person.

She really is. i had such a great time getting to know her and Carol. I really miss her on the boards and hope she comes back soon!

Loved the walking tour of DTD.

It was a perfect night to enjoy the lovely weather.

I want every t-shirt you took a pic of especially Yoda with the mickey ears.

Aren't they some of the cutest T shirts? So creative. :thumbsup2

Nice surprise you got. Sounds like a good arrival day.

It was a perfect arrival day. I had a great time and really enjoyed my surprise. ::yes::

I am caught up.

:cheer2:

I'm so excited for your PHM and all the girls that are running! Praying that the weather won't even be an issue and you'll arive at WDW safe on that Friday.:goodvibes

Thanks! I am sure I am the last one to arrive, but I actually asked for the time off BEFORE I knew I was doing PHM and then I couldn't get Friday off because one of our PA's is doing a mission trip and is away through next Friday. Fingers crossed there are no travel snafus.

Hey at least I can make out that there are 3 humans in the photo, that's all that matters!:thumbsup2

What more do you need, right??:rotfl:

Aw what a nice suprrise!!! I bet you were very excited for that surprise meet!

It was quite the surprise, that's for sure. Did not see that coming. AT ALL! :scratchin

Okay, what is a Trutle Krawl and where do I find one??

The Turtle Krawl is the signature drink at the Gurgling suitcase at OKW. It's got 4 different types of rum in it and two different kinds of juices. Cynthia and I tried to make our own one trip, but it didn't really work, so there must be some secret ingredient we were missing.

Another TR. Better get reading.

:welcome: Claire! Thanks for joining in! Glad to have you along for the fun!

Ah, travel day. I love travel day. Usually. I love it when

It's not an early am flight

It's not on a weekday

I am actually packed and organized

It's not a work trip

I especially love it when…

It's only ME I have to worry about!

I love my family, I do. But oh is it easier to get out and on vacation when it is logistics for one, instead of 2,3,4,5 or 6 or..13. LOL!

As Mary Ellen mentioned, it was Mothers Day on our departure day. As she lives in the same time zone and significantly closer to the mouse than I do, she was able to leave and arrive while it was still mothers day. For me, it was a different story. For one thing, my kids are still home. 2 of them anyway. I really didn't like the idea of ditching them on Mothers day. Secondly and rather important to me, I really do prefer the red eye when traveling east for personal trips. It sucks at the time but I don’t waste a vacation day on the plane and it really helps me make the time change quickly. As my flight wasn't scheduled until midnight I was able to really have a full day at home with my kids.
It would be nice if I could actually remember what it is I did with them! JK. I did fail at photodocumenting any of it though.

Here is what I do know.

I went for a run. A nice long one, about 10 and a half miles according to the tracking app I use. It was absolutely lovely out and a really good run at a very similar pace to what I've been running lately. In fact it was my fastest run over 10 miles and actually still is. Or I miscalculated. My notes actually show my watch as having failed somehow and I used my phone time stamps and heaven knows how accurate that really was. LOL! Good mothers day mental state I guess. I am fairly sure Evan (DS 15) made me breakfast when I got back (logical guess at any rate, he likes to do that) and then we all went to the HS production of Oklahoma where Evan was doing stage crew. I cannot recall if he was a grip for that one or had already moved on to lights and sound which is what he does now most of the time. It was really a great production. After that it was over to my sisters for a lovely family dinner with all the mom’s and kids, including my own mom. Grilled salmon, some other stuff (no clue, we made the guys cook) wine on the patio, a perfect spring dinner. It was a lovely lovely day all around and apparently I didn't take a single picture! Which is ok, guess it means I was really relaxed and clearly fully packed the day before. When it's stressful, I remember a lot more!

My flight didn't leave until 11:40 that night. A true red eye to be sure. Amazingly, it was SOLD OUT. Packed to the gills. I used to be able to fly non stop on Alaska to MCO on a red eye. Now they only offer it 2 nights a week (fri/sat) and as a result it’s silly expensive. This trip I'd be taking American and going through Dallas. The flight was well, a red eye, full and that about sums it up. I dozed. I don’t remember it being fabulous or awful, it got me to Dallas. The bad part about a non direct red eye is that leg 2 is jarring. On a direct everyone is still on my same time zone and the morning part/landing is quiet. Have a layover and change planes and WHAM everyone getting on is GOING TO DISNEYWORLD and full of energy. Hello! Wake up time whether you want it or not. If memory serves I was next to a mom and her daughter and we had some nice chats. I think they were primarily off to the Dark side but in my sleep deprived non note taking state they could have been headed to Key West for all I know. Or maybe that was another trip. Or maybe this was the leg I was next to a solo female traveler going to meet friends as well. Sigh. My brain really is a colander.

At any rate, I landed on schedule around 9:40 am EST.:thumbsup2

First things first. Trust me, no one would want to speak to me unless I did this first.
:coffee:

IMG_1011.jpg

In planning my arrival morning a lot of behind the scenes chatter had gone on. My big thing when I take a red eye is I want breakfast when I arrive. A good breakfast. Preferably sit down. As a general rule I don’t go out for breakfast much. I enjoy breakfast foods tremendously but given that I don’t eat first thing, it is really a brunch situation, not breakfast. As a cook it is entirely unrewarding. It is cooked to order so by the time I get to eat, everyone else is done and I am eating alone. No fun at all! With my landing time, thanks to leaving Seattle so late, a sit down breakfast was out of the picture. By the time I got off MDE and made it to anywhere to eat it was almost certain breakfast would be over. I originally REALLY wanted to eat breakfast at Olivia’s. Since we were staying there it was plausible that it could happen, that I could make it there “just” in time. However that would mean Mary Ellen was waiting around for me, or having to come back and who wants their first morning to be spent waiting? Not me. There was another factor at play too. If I wanted to see Pat, Marv, Rosie and Carol it would have to be in the parks before they all had to leave, the timing for that would be tight too. Of course Mary Ellen didn’t know about that part of the planning as well, she was going to be surprised before I got there. I thought and thought and thought about how to make this work. I mean really, it was ridiculously important to me that I have something spectacularly delicious to reward myself for surviving the red eye. And then, one day, as I was writing a TR update for my NYE trip it hit me.

The PERFECT solution.

The cronut!

YES!

I could take DME to OKW, dump my stuff, change, meet Mary Ellen at Epcot and head STRAIGHT for sugary flakey deliciousness!

PERFECT!

Now, those of you who may follow my ridiculous ramblings of sugar issues while running do need to know that I can eat sugar. I do eat sugar. That said, I only tolerate it well if it’s mixed with a carb or a protein and of course if I am not actually exercising. And, truth be told tolerating it well is probably an overstatement but it’s a price I am willing to pay on occasion. I would need to follow it up with a protein pretty quickly but it was Flower and Garden and one of the fabulous changes since our previous F&G trip was the addition of food kiosks themed to flower and gardeny things so I was pretty confident I could find some yummy bad for me protein to soak up all the sugar in fairly short order.

Plans were hatched both behind the scene and up front and knowing all the wheels were in motion and that by this time Mary Ellen was well aware of the plan to meet up at Epcot, I hopped on the bus, me and my coffee, ready to greet the world!

Soon enough we were here

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

Just think. In a little over a week, Mary Ellen and I are going to RUN under that very sign!
Check in was a breeze and in to time at all I’d made it over to the room to dump my things and change.

Of course I HAD to peek at our view.

IMG_1014.jpg

Sigh. Beautiful huh?

Mission accomplished as quickly as possible (aka toss on shorts and go), park bag ready (aka pull out extra crap I don’t need and throw everywhere in the room) I headed out. I think I brought 3 different magic bands with me to be safe. I had recently purchased the Premium pass that includes both WDW and DL. I was very worried about it working at the turnstiles, having heard horror stories. Luckily, it was an absolute non issue!

To document my successful arrival I hit up the first PP person I saw…without a line.

wd069wdw201413273826203.jpeg

and took the requisite fountain shot

IMG_1016.jpg

and then….it was time to go find my peeps! It's a short update as well, now I'm ahead of Mary Ellen and she has to catch up with her morning. :goodvibes

Wow - look at you! You got your update done ahead of schedule. I am impressed! :worship:

You did a 10 mile run on Mother's day! :worship:

I didn't realize you no longer had a non-stop flight to Orlando. That's got to be a bummer when you are taking a red eye. At least you'll be traveling with Ann on your upcoming trip and the two of you will be on the same time zone!

I LOVED our view. It was so perfect. You did such an awesome job on narrowing down our location. Perfection!

You made great time getting to the park. The timing was great.

So - is it wrong that I did not love the cronut. I was certain I would and it was just "eh" to me. In all fairness, I feel like I have to try it again, but earlier in the day or maybe for dessert. Maybe the timing was wrong for me.

So when do you guys leave? Tuesday? I'm so jealous! I want to leave SO bad. Instead, I have another 52 hour work week and a student with me for 4 days. UGH! :faint: I'm just keeping my eye on the prize!

Thank you for reposting all that Dee! :worship: I totally want to see if someone will make me one. It looks and sounds so perfect. If I take the recipe do you think I can get it???? I SOOOOOOOO want one! :drinking1

Take the recipe, but most of the BC/YC bartenders know how to make them.

When Rebecca and I had our drinks together we asked if the bartender knew how to make one and he said "Of course!"

Little bit of trivia- I had my first Sunken Treasure in Mexico- I brought my laminated recipe card and the bartender made it for me.

:goodvibes:

Take the recipe, but most of the BC/YC bartenders know how to make them.

YAYAYAYAYAY! I am so having one of them. First of all - it looks like the perfect 1/2 marathon drink. And secondly - It looks like the perfect "take me away from winter" drink.

BTW- how are you holding up with all that snow. The pictures I see of Boston on the news are INSANE! And aren't you getting more snow soon?

When Rebecca and I had our drinks together we asked if the bartender knew how to make one and he said "Of course!"

Perfect!

Little bit of trivia- I had my first Sunken Treasure in Mexico- I brought my laminated recipe card and the bartender made it for me.

:goodvibes:

That's really pretty funny. So I should actually carry the recipe in my wallet and pull it out whenever I need a treasure treat?

:welcome: home Cynthia!!!

My Mothers' Day was Disney-related, too! That's when I told Mark that what I wanted was to go away on my solo trip to meet up with my DIS friends. We purchased my plane ticket that morning. :thumbsup2

Pretty view!

I love the planning that went into your morning arrival "meal"!

Looking forward to reading about all of meeting up!

But it may not happen until we are all back from our trips. If I don't get back here, wishing you and Mary Ellen good times (in your races, but mostly just being together)!!!

:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter