Oh, come on! Are you serious????

I can't offer any advice to move or not but......I stayed at POP first week of Feb this year and we had a huge amount of dancers , groups of young girls, and they kinda drove me crazy . Running up and down the halls, slamming doors and such. This of course is not all of the kids , just the ones I encountered.

Good Luck

legalslave said:
The reason that the OP will be "safe" at Pop is because Pop is not equipped to take in the large groups, and they don't. There will be no impact from Pop Warner at Pop Century!!

Pop Warner definitely stayed at Pop Century in Dec 2004. DH and I had no problems with them, but on the bus a gentleman was complaining that the pool had been closed because of their misbehavior. I'd hate to take a chance and have problems.

I can't speak for Pop Warner unfortunately, but if you do talk to the resort and decide to change, I would second the recommendation for Coronado Springs. As a convention resort it is normally very quiet, the pool theming is wonderful, the food court is . . . well, it's a food court, but unlike the value hotels we never had to worry about getting a seat at peak times, and the bus service there was excellent. The only downside is it is a BIG resort with a lake right in the middle, so you want to be a bit picky about where you stay to minimize a very long walk to either the main building, the pool, or a bus stop. I always ask for Cabanas building 8B, personally, when staying there.

In '03 I was at ASMusic with the Pop kids. I was nervous about it but what can you do. But, they were a non-issue. Yes, there were more teenagers around than usual. But, for the most part they were well behaved and polite. Yes, they practiced cheers and dances out in the public areas. We had a room on the backside of Jazz, on the third floor. Very quiet.
Last year, I was at POP for the end of my stay in WDW in early Dec...same time as the kids yet again. I had no problems with them at POP. I did see more of them out and about in the parks though. It must have been the end of their time there since they weren't in competitions all day.
I wouldn't worry about it too much. You aren't going to be impacted by them to much extent at POP. Ask for a room facing the lake, on a higher floor. You should be fine.

to the original OP...I would change if they were truly at my resort...I would not want this to be something I would have to deal with while I'm supposed to be on vacation.....grrrrrrr I have seen that sometimes chaperones are about as useful as a WDW annual pass on day 366.

to maddhatir....that was hysterically funny...no drinking and posting...lol

have fun regardless,
Esmerelda

we were at the POP for the pop warner/cheerleading week in 2004. the place was over run. you heard cheers until well past midnight. the food court was impossible to use. they were practicing their pyramids in the pool until late in the evening. i would opt for another hotel.

I would call POP or Disney customer service and ask them where the cheerleaders are staying straight out and tell them why you are asking! LOL!! I have been there when the cheerleaders were there and ohhhh boy! It wasn't a great time had by all.

I have also been there when the dancer groups were there and I have to say that for the most part the dancers were well behaved and quite pleasant!! They were at CSR when we were there and I had quite a pleasant conversation in the pool area one evening with some of them. I am a former ballet dancer though so we had a bit to talk about. But the dancers were very well behaved over all. And yes I'm biased. :rotfl:

Maybe Disney can tell you where they will be?? I would go to any moderate that they were not staying at. We have stayed at CSR and CBR and BOTH were very nice. CSR was quieter overall though. And the pool is fantastic there! Let us know how what you find out and good luck! :)

We stayed at POFQ during Pop Warner in December '04 and there were 1 or 2 groups there. They were polite and well behaved so I can't say it impacted our stay in any way.

I highly recommend the resort :)

I would suggest you check out POFQ. It is a smaller resort and very nice. It is easy to walk around the resort. You would have boat rides to go into DTD, which is very nice. We stayed at CSR once and were at the back of the resort. The walk to the food court was 10-15 minutes.
I would also suggest renting a car. The trip to the parks in the morning is no problem. But, the trip back in the evenings can result in packed buses if you stay until closing. You would also save in travel time from resorts to parks.

With young kids, I wouldn't book at a possible pop warner resort either. No way. We're going the week after pop just for that reason. I have read trip reports that make me cringe for the poor vacationers in the way of these kids. I'm sure not all, but I wouldn't chance it. I'd book CSR because:

Pop--has overflow
All Stars--swamped with them
POR--overflow
POFQ--shares buses/pools with POR
CBR--I've read the worst reports from CBR

Seems like CSR is safe. I'd call and ask there. Good luck!! :goodvibes

My brother's family went down for the finals this past Dec and they were in POR.

We stayed at POP during spring break and the inline skate marathon. Lots of kids, but no problems.

However, we did stay in a room that was facing the parking lot, not the pool area. My kids enjoyed POP and we found it to be much quieter than we expected. But I would definately ask for a room that does not face a pool. That is where most kids seem to congregate and it will naturally be louder. Also, we were on the 4th floor and it was quiet.

So my recommendation would be to request a room on the 4th floor facing away from the pool areas. It will be much quieter than say a ground or 2nd floor room near a pool!

Believe it or not, we thought the POP room was quieter than our room last year at POR! Sometimes I think it is more the room placement that dictates the noise level, rather than the actual resort.

But also, I enjoy hearing kids, they really don't bother me at all. When I hear kids laughing & playing it is just a reminder that they are healthy & happy. I figure life is short, enjoy! So unless I see kids causing physical damage or it's 2am, I just let them be kids and it puts a smile on my face. Of course I'm married to the biggest kid of them all, so maybe that affects my attitude.

Last year at POR, DH & kids were swimming in quiet pool by our room at about 4pm. No running, jumping, etc. Just a quiet quick dip in the pool before dinner using normal voices to talk, no yelling. A man stuck his head outside the door and yelled at them for talking - it's a quiet pool and he said no one should talk when in a quiet pool and there shouldn't even be swimming allowed! DH's response - he looked at the man and yelled "Cannonball" and jumped into the pool! :rotfl:

1) Always stay AWAY from cheerleaders and ball players.
2) The noise at the reosrts and pools is terrible.
3) Always stay AWAY from cheerleaders and ball players.
4) The chaparones usually do not chaparone well.
5) Some resorts have been torn up pretty well by these groups.
6) Lots of damage has been caused.
7) Did I mention to always stay AWAY from cheerleaders and ball players.

TheRustyScupper said:
4) The chaparones usually do not chaparone well.

There was a show called "cheerleader Nation" (or something like that) on Lifetime & they showed the groups at WDW during (what I assume was) Pop Warner week.....The chaperones seemed to let the kids run wild. The kids were loud, obnoxious & cheering ALL THE TIME!!

I could do nothing but cringe. It brought back memories of when our family visited WDW during Pop warner week.....We learned our lesson.

Oh noooo!! :sad2: We're staying at POFQ up to 5th Dec. I thought we would be safe. :confused3

Just adding my two cents.

If you do move to a mod...
Considering your timing, age of children I think you will love the french quarter.

I really liked the POP too and I think your children will love it there. The goofy jet play area and the flower showers and the dancing in the food court will be loads of fun... ESPECIALLY if there are a few older kids dancing the hustle and twist too :)

I'm at POR then and am really thinking we have to go elsewhere. I was thinking FQ but then we'd still have to deal with them on the buses. I wonder if I can stretch the budget to WL.

mommyof2boys said:
Okay, this is soooo my luck.
A few weeks ago, booked a 7 night stay at POP. Dates are Dec 4-11th.
My party includes my DH, DS-5 and DS-1
I've been reading these boards, getting WONDERFUL information on the different resorts. Felt good about my choice about POP.
NOW, today......I read some posts that the week we are going, is the same week that the Pop Warner football/cheerleaders will be at the value resorts.
Now, I'm worried. Reading the different threads, the value resorts are just jamed packed with all these kids, and they sorta "take over" the resort. :sad2:
This is our first family visit to WDW and I'm really turned off by the thought of having football players and cheerleaders running all over the resort going crazy.....(that's what one of the threads said....)
I talked to DH and we're considering staying at one of the moderate resorts. (just have to save up a bit more $$$) Can anyone recommend a nice moderate resort. Because I have two young kids, I wouldn't want to have to walk miles to get to, lets say the bus or to a food court. Any advice would be appreciated. :wave:

I didn't stay at the value resort but we were at the GF this past December when Pop Warner were at WDW. Move is all I can say. They were the worst behave kids I have ever seen, not joking. Rude to all & pushed down an elderly couple at Epcot & thought it was funny until security showed up. No one that were watching them at all. But this is MHO only. But if you want to enjoy your resort stay I would move. At least in the parks you can walk around them. That is why we moved our dates to later in December when they are not there. This past December they were there until December 11th or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter