Oh boy, I've done a baaaaaad thing...

LindsayDunn228

<font color=teal>Quite a hunk of man, isn't he???<
My husband took me up to Pigeon Forge for the day this weekend. Every few months he takes me up there for breakfast at the Apple Barn :)

Ok, onto the baaaad thing I did :) I enjoy cooking with alcohol. Like Mudslide brownies, white wine chicken, things like that. Well, I went to the winery there at the Apple Barn to pick out a dessert wine. I was looking with the intention of cooking it down and making sauces for like berry desserts and things like that. Make sense??

Well I came upon an apple-strawberry wine. Now folks, I don't really drink and am not well educated in wines, so I got a sample to make sure it was indeed sweet and would be good before I bought it.

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG mistake.

This wine is so yummy I can hardly describe it. It tastes like a sweeter cranberry juice. You can barely taste the alcohol. I'm afraid the bottle is going to be empty before I can get around to making anything with it!!! :) And I don't even drink!!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!!:rolleyes1:p

This place is about 2 hours away from my home and they don't ship within the state. So does anyone know of any sweet dessert wines like that I can find at a local liquor store??? I think I would really enjoy a glass of something like this every now and then..

Thanks for any and all advice!!!! :):paw::disrocks:

LindsayDunn228 said:
Hee hee!! :)

Any ideas Tink???
other then a road trip...so sorry I cannot help ya. I do not drink any wine...just water! I do cook with wines thou, basic...red, white, apple - the apple is great with chicken.

and the sweets liquiars for desserts like kahula in choclate cake for a triffle.
that is all I know!! hope someone can help ya!
I still say road trip thou ;)

This is a little OT, sorry. But could I possibly have your recipe for mudslide brownies? They sound so yummy!!!!

After 4 years of vacationing in the Finger Lakes in NY I've learned my lesson. If you find a wine you like you pick up several bottles while you are there! LOL
Two hours really isn't that bad of a drive. I would do it if I really liked the wine and couldn't find something locally. Good luck! :sunny:

P.S. I would also like that recipe for mudslide brownies. LOL

I love their Apple Raspberry wine! I bought one bottle last time we were there, and plan on buying several next summer when we go back!

I foresee another day trip for you in the near future. ;) I would love to try this stuff!

If you can find it, there's a great port/dessert wine I've discovered called Trentadue. Sounds Italian, but I believe it's actually from California.

Tastes like a melted Hershey bar. YUM!

sk8belle said:
If you can find it, there's a great port/dessert wine I've discovered called Trentadue. Sounds Italian, but I believe it's actually from California.

Tastes like a melted Hershey bar. YUM!

My cousin got married at this winery!!! I think you are talking about their chocolate port (I think it's also called a merlot port)...and it is TRULY FABULOUS!!!

hiwaygal said:
My cousin got married at this winery!!! I think you are talking about their chocolate port (I think it's also called a merlot port)...and it is TRULY FABULOUS!!!

Yes! Thank you. That's it exactly. My other favorites are Inniskillin ice wine (rather expensive) and Rosa Regale Banfi sparking wine, which I discovered at the Food & Wine Festival last year. The latter one goes well with chocolate. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter