Offsite with no car

TwinMomEsq

Earning My Ears
I’m piggybacking on my spouse’s work trip to Orlando early next month to attend a convention for a few days. We have to stay offsite as we will be at the hotel associated with the convention. There is no hotel shuttle to WDW. We will not have access to a rental car. We have already booked airport transfers.

My plan is to amuse myself at the parks as I love Disney solo and my spouse does not care for the parks. I am a rope drop to fireworks type. We usually stay on site so I am a bit lost when it comes to transport.

The hotel is near Universal. My plan is to use Lyft and/or Uber to get to a park early and then get another ride back to the hotel at the end of the night. Is this doable? Are rideshares fairly readily available? Is one service better than another in Orlando? And how much should I budget for these trips? Any advice is much appreciated! Thank you!!

A good rule of thumb is to have both the Lyft and Uber apps and go with which ever one is the cheapest when you want/need to ride. That goes for anywhere, not just Disney.

Yikes! I had no idea it would be that much. It may be worth looking at a car rental after all!
Yeah, I’ve done Uber ~at~ WDW before, but like Poly to DHS for <$10 when there was a bus issue. Travel between UO/I-Drive area and WDW is pretty far, and you can get caught in a famous I-4 traffic jam.

Those online taxi companies can be pricey and depending upon how many trips you make, the cost of a rental car might be less in total. Also gives you more flexibility if you want to go shopping or travel around.

You can open the Uber & Lyft apps now or around the times you’d be traveling and enter your starting point and destination to get an idea of cost and availability, just don’t confirm the request. You can also use Ride Guru, but I don’t think that app allows for surge pricing. It might help for deciding whether to rent a car or not.

Thank you for all the help. After looking at the prices, I think we will try to rent a car. Thankfully I have an annual pass that comes with free parking at the parks so at least we don’t have to worry about that particular expense. Not looking forward to fighting traffic down I-4 but it is what it is. Any trip to Disney is a good trip to Disney!

Thank you for all the help. After looking at the prices, I think we will try to rent a car. Thankfully I have an annual pass that comes with free parking at the parks so at least we don’t have to worry about that particular expense. Not looking forward to fighting traffic down I-4 but it is what it is. Any trip to Disney is a good trip to Disney!
Good luck. My last Uber from universal to the airport was only $25, so the above rates without surge to Disney seem high to me. When driving between the 2 park areas I have taken the Palm Parkway and Turkey Lake Rd when I4 was busy, so look at various routes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter