Offsite Restaurants Christmas & Christmas Eve

tw1nsmom

DIS Veteran
We'll be staying at Fort Wilderness from 12/18-12/29. DH doesn't like to make ADR's. We'll mostly be eating at the camper or counter service. Since we'll have our Suburban, we can also go offsite.

I know the restaurants on site are crazy during the holidays. How busy/crazy are the offsite restaurants? Are they impossible to get into? Which would you recommend for Christmas. I very well may cook our own Christmas dinner, but I just want to know my options.

I can't answer that one, but I do know the grocery stores get iffy on Christmas Eve. We discovered we were missing a couple of items that we needed for Christmas morning.

The manager wouldn't let us in the door at the Publix because he said they were closing. By my watch, they should have been open at least 10 more minutes.

The Super Walmart was already closed. This was in the 6PM range.

We must have spent more than an hour finding an open store to buy two items.

Sheila

Thanks! That's good to know. I'll make sure I have everything I need if I decide to cook for Christmas.

Anyone else with experience going to offsite restaurants Christmas or Christmas Eve?

I'm interested too. We're landing late Christmas eve and doubt any regular stores will be open.

If you don't find an off-site restaurant & don't want to cook, you can always get take-out from Trails End & take it back to your site. We've done that for breakfast several times. If it's nice out, you could have a picnic on the porch or by the lake. This isn't the most festive choice, but it's better than having to cook the meal yourself. Adding some Christmas music will make dining at your site or one of the other places feel more like Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter