Offsite Hotels closest to Disney

-
- We love Embassy Suites SOUTH, fairly new, great decor, great full hot cook to order breakfast, kitchenette.

/

Can you tell me which street address is the South location? We're starting our next trip staying at an embassy in points - is this the Lake Dr location?

Thanks

Can you tell me which street address is the South location? We're starting our next trip staying at an embassy in points - is this the Lake Dr location?

Thanks

NO. The Lake Street one is the one next to I-4 a ways outside DTD. We stayed there before their renovation but now they charge $20 a day resort fee plus $10 a day parking. I get they have the extra pool and play areas but I'm not paying $30 a day more.

This one is south on 535 and Kyngs Heath Rd. Only a few years old. 10 minute drive door to door from there to parks via World Center Dr with no traffic. We have stayed long trips, short trips and night before Disney trips.

http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en...ndo-lake-buena-vista-south-MCOLKES/index.html

I was there last month and stayed 20 min off site and frankly, it was a pain. (But the room was free, so I'm not complaining!) As others have said, read the fine print.....it was a 20-25 min drive, then you had to park, then wait for the tram, then ride the tram. From doorstep to park entrance was closer to 30-40 minutes. YMMV.

NO. The Lake Street one is the one next to I-4 a ways outside DTD. We stayed there before their renovation but now they charge $20 a day resort fee plus $10 a day parking. I get they have the extra pool and play areas but I'm not paying $30 a day more.

This one is south on 535 and Kyngs Heath Rd. Only a few years old. 10 minute drive door to door from there to parks via World Center Dr with no traffic. We have stayed long trips, short trips and night before Disney trips.

http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en...ndo-lake-buena-vista-south-MCOLKES/index.html
Isn't there one on Palm Pkwy too?

We stayed at the 535 location last year for a business convention prior to start of our WDW vacation. If we didn't own a timeshare we would have just stayed there the whole time. The hotel is very nicely kept up and the suites are very nice as well-and quiet!
We have lived in St Louis, Dallas, and Little Rock so I never notice drive times or traffic anymore LOL. Anything under 40-45 minutes in a car to get anywhere is bonus time to me.:)

We stayed at the 535 location last year for a business convention prior to start of our WDW vacation. If we didn't own a timeshare we would have just stayed there the whole time. The hotel is very nicely kept up and the suites are very nice as well-and quiet!
We have lived in St Louis, Dallas, and Little Rock so I never notice drive times or traffic anymore LOL. Anything under 40-45 minutes in a car to get anywhere is bonus time to me.:)

I get you on the traffic, I live in Atlanta - a driver's nightmare .... but at Disney we want to be there asap :car:

We love the hotel. Our first trip was 9 nights (that's with all five of us, all over 21) to meet up with relatives staying on property the next week. We arrived Wed, DH arrived Friday after a week in Orlando at Ritz. He's a Hilton Diamond, travels all over. He was highly impressed with the staff, service and entire stay. Said it was equal to many of his high end Hilton stays. In all our return stays the experience has been the same.

The Lake Street one is off of Palm Parkway. That would be the one you are thinking of. Renovation came at a price.

http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en...do-lake-buena-vista-resort-MCOWDES/index.html

We have also stayed at ones Downtown and International. Only Jamaican Court we haven't stayed. Heard a couple by Convention Center are being sold to someone new so I'm waiting to see what the outcome of that will be.
That resort fee & parking is a killer. We always stay on site at WDW, but love Embassy Suites in other locations. And they've all been getting ridiculous in pricing.

That resort fee & parking is a killer. We always stay on site at WDW, but love Embassy Suites in other locations. And they've all been getting ridiculous in pricing.

When we all travel somewhere we are five adults so Embassy Suites are a great option especially breakfast and manager's reception. It's been a good option for all when at Disney because Disney has priced us out with the extra adult fees. I have noticed in the last year their prices are creeping up as Orlando becomes a busy busy place.

Wyndham Bonnet Creek is a great option! It's on Disney property, right next door to Pop and Caribbean Beach. They are full condos and have great amenities. If you search on vrbo.com, you should find rentals.

I am a big time 'stay on site' kind of girl. But I have been forced to stay offsite when no rooms (that I was willing to pay for) were available in Disney.

I find that location is VERY important. The biggest thing I hate about staying offsite is the transportation time. So I would avoid the DTD hotels and hotels around the entrance (South Apopka Vineland Road and Palm Pkwy areas) like the plague. The traffic in that area is horrendous.

I would recommend the hotels around World Center Pkwy area - Nickelodeon Suites, Caribe Royal, Buena Vista Suites, and Marriot World Center. The travel time from these places is pretty minimal because you can just get on World Center Pkwy and it turns in to Epcot Center Drive. The traffic never seems to be an issue and there are not tons of stoplights in to Disney.

I have stayed at Buena Vista Suites and really liked it. They have 2 room suites, but no kitchens. So for you I would recommend Caribe Royal, their sister rosert next door that has more resort amenities and bigger rooms. Their website usually has good specials and you can get a good deal through mousesavers.com.

I stayed at the Ramada Maingate Kissimmee a few weeks ago.
It's on I-92 and is literally minutes from property. You get out of hotel parking, do a u-turn, and make a right at the the gift shop/mcdonalds area and its a road that leads to property.

It's a nice hotel, but make sure you get a "deluxe tower" room. The older part of the hotel is next to the building itself and is your usual parking lot view, 2-story rooms. But dont let that scare you. The rooms in the tower building itself are quite nice and and affordable.
Depending when you book, a deluxe tower room can range from 80 to 150 a night.

We stayed at Bonnet Creek last year through Vacation Strategy ... could not have been happier. 2 bedroom condo with excellent amenities for around $100/night in November 2014.

If you Google them, you'll find it!

Good luck!

I'm not sure of the costs or if you are traveling with kids that would be interested, but I remember seeing a Nickelodeon themed hotel close to Downtown Disney (my memory could be rusty...it happens after a baby).

We had planned on staying here for years but when I went to book it the reviews were terrible. Bad rooms and lots of extra cost. DS had his heart set on staying there so I asked one of my daughters friends father who was a vacation planner and he said he would not recommend it. We were going to Universal that year so the one he recommended was close to there.

When we all travel somewhere we are five adults so Embassy Suites are a great option especially breakfast and manager's reception. It's been a good option for all when at Disney because Disney has priced us out with the extra adult fees. I have noticed in the last year their prices are creeping up as Orlando becomes a busy busy place.

The Doubletree Suites in DTD may be a good option too. We stayed one night pre pkg and got a great discount incl breakfast from Mousesavers.

Personally I don't think of the Swan/Dolphin as off-site, even though Disney doesn't own them. There's just too much of a "relationship". They're listed as WDW Deluxe resorts.

I think the Downtown Disney hotels are exactly what you're looking for. There are room rates for almost any budget, and you're still technically on Disney property. The Hilton even has EMH.

I don't consider them to be off site either -- I got the impression the OP was looking for maximum space without having paid Deluxe prices. Based on the OP budget, I know that the S&D come in well under as I'm booked at the D for F&W for considerably less money. I'd prefer to be in a deluxe location for moderate or less prices, personally, than staying offsite. That being said, I've also enjoyed the Buena Vista Palace (as you noted Downtown Disney has some great hotels) as well as the JW Marriott and the Grand Cypress Hyatt - both of which are lovely. For our plans, if we are planning on doing WDW for the majority of the vacation, we choose to stay on property - even if it means a non-Disney such as the Swolphin or a DD resort.

Tom

The Doubletree Suites in DTD may be a good option too. We stayed one night pre pkg and got a great discount incl breakfast from Mousesavers.

Yes, it was on my list on first page. We stayed many times the last being in the fall after the renovation. The suites look great!! Very happy with them, love the layout - both rooms full wall of window, tables and chairs with kitchenette. Only down is the bathroom is through the bedroom, for some that might be issue. Often can get a decent price, no resort fee only parking fee. We have done Mousesavers a few times. Last fall our issue was the lines to get to eat because they seat you and serve you drinks. Last day we ended up leaving and eating elsewhere. Worth staying even without a breakfast since we can have food stuffs in room.

There is a wonderful Hilton Garden Inn about a mile from The Downtown Disney entrance that is wonderful. The pool is so pretty, the rooms are nice and roomy. We have stayed here multiple times when my husband was on business and he had to stay offsite. I highly recommend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter