• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Offsite Hotel info reguested

spoiledbrat28

Earning My Ears
We are first time Disney vacationers. Very excited cant wait. We have reservations for Clarion Maingate Hotel. If anyone has any information we would love to hear it. Thanks :D

The only non-disboards review I could find was on epinions.com, and unfortunately its a very bad one. Here is a link to the review, and I've also cut and pasted it here for anyone who is interested.

www.epinions.com/content_62304128644

Disappointed Customer Review
by ashlandbelle | Apr 26 '02 (Updated Aug 02 '02)
Pros: Better than sleeping in my car!
Cons: Bad management and not recommended!
The Bottom Line: I was very disappointed in this hotel from the management to the rooms. Beware!!
Recommended: No

I selected this hotel due to the descriptions I read on several travel websites and from the hotel's own website. I read they had just remodeled a year ago, and they had all these amenities. When I first arrived, I should have left the hotel after I first saw our room, but we had been lost for an hour and it was 11 PM at night, and all we wanted was a place to sleep!

At the beginning, it all seemed to go wrong. They lost our reservations. Luckily, I had the email printed out as proof of our rate. The room was not what I expected. Looked like a Motel 6 or something in the lower price range. The bathroom was very small and didn't look new at all. Also, it wasn't cleaned very well. The beds were terribly hard and I didn't get much sleep the 3 nights I was there.

What really bothered me though, was the hotel's manager lack of responsibility to correct or compensate for their computer errors. Let me explain. I gave them my credit card, as it happened, they had just installed new accounting software the day I arrived, which also took care of payments from customers. I noticed these odd holds on my credit card (which I was only using for the hotel, so I KNEW there no other pending holds or charges). In three days, the hotel put holds totaling over a $1000.00 for a $200.00 room. The only helpful personal was the hotel computer accounting person, the controller. He found where the hotel had made 2 holds and the third hold of money for $71.00 he couldn't find in their software. He called my credit card company and told them to take off the holds and explained the situation. He told me if they didn't come off to contact him, and he would promptly take care of it and said I wasn't the only person this had happened to.

The next day, another $300.00 hold comes on my credit card! I then, took some action with the manager. I told her that all these holds totally over $1000.00 on my credit card was ridiculous for a $200.00 room! She denied there were any holds, even after I told her what the controller accountant had found and that he had to call my credit card company, she still denied the hotel's software had done any wrong! I told her she either give us atleast 2 nights free, or we were leaving. She still refused any wrong doing, so we promptly checked out.

My problem was the hotel manager took no responsibility for the hotel's errors, and then denied all holds on my credit card. The manager only claimed the $71.00 hold, the same hold the controller couldn't find earlier on their records. She stated the other $1000.00 holds weren't from them, when clearly the controller/accountant for the hotel had found them and tried to correct them! The holds on my credit card eventually came off 7 days later, and guess what, all were from this hotel.

I also found a few threads on this board with positive reviews.

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=233591&highlight=clarion+maingate
www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=159820&highlight=clarion+maingate

Hope that is helpful.

BK

I stayed here for a few nights, definately not recommended!! They had some serious problems with my credit card! The room I stayed in smelt like a sewer.
Almost opposite is Emerald Island Resort, do yourself a favour and stay there for less than a hundred bucks a night.

Ben

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter