Offsite guests: Toy Story Mania FP+?

MinnieKitty

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been to Hollywood Studios recently as an offsite guest and attempted to get FP+ reservations for Toy Story Mania? We'll be there at rope drop and go straight to a kiosk to make our FP+ selections, but do we even stand a chance? :worried:

Has anyone been to Hollywood Studios recently as an offsite guest and attempted to get FP+ reservations for Toy Story Mania? We'll be there at rope drop and go straight to a kiosk to make our FP+ selections, but do we even stand a chance? :worried:

Kenny (Kennythepirate.com) reported on another thread that TSMM had a lot of availability at 8:45 when the park opened even though it didn't show availability before then. DHS appears to release available slots specifically for off-site guests at the exact time the gates open.

And, at this time, since so few guests (relatively speaking) can book advance FP+ (and so few guests even know about it, or how it works yet) you should be just fine.

(Unless your trip is at some point later in the year.)

Thanks so much for the responses! We'll be there Sunday. I'm hoping Super Bowl Sunday will also keep crowds low. :goodvibes

Does anyone know if there is a FP+ kiosk at DHS that I should head for that typically has lower lines?

Does anyone know if there is a FP+ kiosk at DHS that I should head for that typically has lower lines?

The most "out-of-the-main-path" location I have bolded below.

Disney's Hollywood Studios Fastpass+ Kiosks

• At the FastPass+ service center, immediately to the left once you get past the entrance turnstiles

• At the "wait times" board on the corner of Hollywood and Sunset boulevards

• Outside Voyage of The Little Mermaid, in Animation Courtyard

• Outside the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, near its FastPass machines

• At Guest Relations outside the park

• At the FastPass+ service center, immediately to the left once you get past the entrance turnstiles

You're the BEST!!

If you're there at RD, why not just go ride it rather than trying to get a FP+?

I was there last week and did not have a FP+ for that ride (chose RnRC instead), but got to the park well ahead of opening. DH and I were the 7th and 8th person on the ride that day...no waiting!

If you're there at RD, why not just go ride it rather than trying to get a FP+?

I was there last week and did not have a FP+ for that ride (chose RnRC instead), but got to the park well ahead of opening. DH and I were the 7th and 8th person on the ride that day...no waiting!

We were there at RD in November, in line at 8:15 for a 9:00 AM opening. We ran straight to Toy Story, and the standby line was already 75 minutes long. I was in shock, but assumed it was due to people with breakfast reservations before park opening/fast passes. We got our FP (it was the paper one back then) at 9:11 AM and it was for 3:30 in the afternoon. Not taking any chances. ;)

We were there at RD in November, in line at 8:15 for a 9:00 AM opening. We ran straight to Toy Story, and the standby line was already 75 minutes long. I was in shock, but assumed it was due to people with breakfast reservations before park opening/fast passes. We got our FP (it was the paper one back then) at 9:11 AM and it was for 3:30 in the afternoon. Not taking any chances. ;)

Could it have been an EMH morning?

We were at Hollywood Studios on Monday when the park opened. We went right over to Toy Story and rode it with no wait. You might even be able to do it twice!

I was at Hollywood Studios on Tuesday of this week. We had an early FP+ for TSMM and wanted to swap it for a later one. We checked repeatedly from 8:30 until 9:00 to see if anything would open up, but nothing was available. At RD, 9:01 FP+ Times for TSMM were available for all times throughout the day. Unfortunately there is no way to know how many of these FP+ slots are held open until RD but they certainly seem to be taking people who can't book ahead under consideration.

As an example:

I booked FP+ for TSMM this morning before park opening and could only get 1:00PM ~ right now I can get a FP+ for right now or anytime I want this morning.

They definitely are releasing some day of.

Where can I find a complete list of all four parks? That would be great for my next visit. Thanks.

I usually use the mermaid kiosk and never wait. I've made selections at 3 and 4 a few days and was able to get tsmm fp+ for later that day.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Could it have been an EMH morning?

I was wondering the same thing. Getting straight to TSMM at RD shouldn't be a 75 minute wait.

On the day I rode, I got to the tapstile at 7:45 AM (for 9 AM opening) and was the first person in line. But even after I rode, the line was at 25 minutes (not 75).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter