• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Offsite guests at MK morning EMH

Baloo76

DISboards lurker
I know that MK will often let all guests through the turnstiles and at least on to main street before the official opening on non-EMH days. I also realize offsite guests can't do early entry. But does anyone know if offsite guests can get into MK any time before the official 9 AM opening when it's open at 8 for EMH? Or are they pretty firm on the time?

I heard that they hold all offsite guests at the TTC until 9am which seems pretty unfair since it would take at least 1/2 hr to get into the park at that point (taking monorail or ferry and then trying to get thru security with the huge crowd).

Thanks!

Yeah but why should offsite guests not be able to get into the park until after the official (non EMH) opening?

Yeah but why should offsite guests not be able to get into the park until after the official (non EMH) opening?

Off site guests just have to wait until the regular opening hour. So that time or after, like a regular park opening. They don't allow them in and just hang out on Main Street. I would imagine if the crowd waiting is too big though at the holding area before the turnstiles, that they would have people wait at TTC. But no, off site guests aren't forced to wait at TTC right off the bat

Off site guests aren't held at the TTC until 9:00. You ARE held at the turnstiles, or in front of the railroad station, until regular park opening, after the Welcome show, which is completely fair.

On non EMH days everyone ( on site and off site guests) is admitted at the the same time, which is also fair.

Off site guests aren't held at the TTC until 9:00. You ARE held at the turnstiles, or in front of the railroad station, until regular park opening, after the Welcome show, which is completely fair.

Thank you, this makes much more sense. The person who responded to my question on a Facebook group kept saying they wouldn't even start loading offsite guests onto the ferry and monorail until 9am which made no sense to me.

I heard that they hold all offsite guests at the TTC until 9am which seems pretty unfair since it would take at least 1/2 hr to get into the park at that point (taking monorail or ferry and then trying to get thru security with the huge crowd).

Thanks!

They DO hold non-EMH Guests at TTC,but not until 9:00 AM-I'm not sure exactly what time they allow non-EMH eligible Guests to board the Monorails/Ferrys,but I'm pretty sure it is in time to be at MK by 9:00 AM.

I experienced this first hand. We were held as a non park guest at the ttc before being allowed to board a ferry or monorail. It was very annoying and seemed unfair. We weren't held until 9 though. Maybe 8:30 or 8:45

I experienced this first hand. We were held as a non park guest at the ttc before being allowed to board a ferry or monorail. It was very annoying and seemed unfair. We weren't held until 9 though. Maybe 8:30 or 8:45
This may have seemed annoying, but it is reasonable. They simply cannot allow such a large crowd to accumulate outside the gates, as it interferes with park entry for those entitled to EMH.

This may have seemed annoying, but it is reasonable. They simply cannot allow such a large crowd to accumulate outside the gates, as it interferes with park entry for those entitled to EMH.
I understand that but what about when there aren't emh and now on site and off site guests are both accumulating outside the gates? What about the people who are trying to get inside for a pre opening dining reservation or maybe even a tour? I see no difference there.

Today was my first experience with morning EMH, curious how they check who is onsite and who is off. No one asked us, we just went in and scanned our bands. It just seemed like a regular morning. A regular very crowded morning.

Today was my first experience with morning EMH, curious how they check who is onsite and who is off. No one asked us, we just went in and scanned our bands. It just seemed like a regular morning. A regular very crowded morning.
The info is programmed into your magic band. If you are not an on site guest, your magic band shouldn't work for emh entry.

I understand that but what about when there aren't emh and now on site and off site guests are both accumulating outside the gates? What about the people who are trying to get inside for a pre opening dining reservation or maybe even a tour? I see no difference there.
If there are no EMH, everyone goes in at the same time, so there's no "backup," so to speak.

If you aren't eligible for EMH, you aren't eligible for ADRs or tours during those hours, so you have no need to enter early.

So we are stay off-site and we have a PPO BOG breakfast at 8:05 AM. There is no EMH for this day. If they change it to EMH at 8, what does that mean for our reservation?

I'm asking this out of surprise because I didn't know that EMH could just pop up. I thought hours were set once they were published.

*edited to add, the post below cleared this up for me! thanks, minnie mum!*

Last edited:
So we are stay off-site and we have a PPO BOG breakfast at 8:05 AM. There is no EMH for this day. If they change it to EMH at 8, what does that mean for our reservation?

I'm asking this out of surprise because I didn't know that EMH could just pop up. I thought hours were set once they were published.

They are not likely to add a morning EMH after the schedule comes out. However they can, and do, sometimes move the regular park opening an hour early. This won't change your ADR. It will just mean that your ADR is no longer pre opening.

You do scan your MB, if you have one.There is a special line reserved for guests with pre opening ADRs and Tours. If you don't have a magic band, bring your confirmation number. That turnstile is manned by CMs just for that reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter