Offload time

bwallace

Keeps Pulling Me In
Trying to make sure our flight times will line up before we book.

We're taking a 3 day cruise, flight leaves Orlando Sunday at 10:35am

The DCL website looks like you get off the ship around 7:30 am.
How accurate is this?

Should we be good to catch a 10:35 flight out of Orlando?

Thanks

From the recommendations that I've read, 12noon is the earliest you'd want to book for.

That being said...chances are you'd make it. Is there a penalty if you miss it? Will there be later flights?

suz72 said:
From the recommendations that I've read, 12noon is the earliest you'd want to book for.

Agreed. You are taking a chance with anything before noon....

Last cruise they did not open the doors until 8:10, and there was a long line. Plus, the security at MCO seems to take forever. Definitely cutting it close. :confused3

thanks for the honest answers
even if they werent what I wanted to hear

Here's another vote for "you're taking a big chance" with a flight that early.

Maybe you could spend the night by the port or near Orlando and fly out the next morning. Morning flights ARE usually cheaper out of Orlando. And you could get a cheap hotel on priceline, spend the day at a waterpark and fly out the next morning. If you can get a $70 hotel room (might not be much), that may be better finanically....

It also depends on what time you have breakfast that last day (although I'm not sure if they enforce it). If you have the earliest dinner times, you have the earliest breakfast.

We opt for the latest dinner and we were literally the last 14 guests off the ship. I think if you look carefully you can see nail marks where they dragged us off.

If you have an early flight you can skip your final breakfast with your table mates and go to the buffet - they have this specifically for early flyers!

chipscinderelly said:
If you have an early flight you can skip your final breakfast with your table mates and go to the buffet - they have this specifically for early flyers!

Yes, but even if you skip breakfast - if the ship has problems clearing customs, if there is an accident on the freeway, if the security line at MCO is two hours (we've seen it that long), if your luggage gets lost, if you oversleep, etc., you may miss a 10:30 flight. If everything goes right, you'd probably make it.

Thanks to all

Looks like the 10:30 would be a little too much risk.

I looked around and there is an 11:35 that we can book for only about $50/each more than it would have cost for the earlier flight.

That extra hour is worth the $100 to me.
We'll be renting a car so we can maybe control our own pace getting back to the airport and our rentla place is in the airport.

That checks one question off of my list.

bwallace said:
Thanks to all

Looks like the 10:30 would be a little too much risk.

I looked around and there is an 11:35 that we can book for only about $50/each more than it would have cost for the earlier flight.

That extra hour is worth the $100 to me.
We'll be renting a car so we can maybe control our own pace getting back to the airport and our rentla place is in the airport.

That checks one question off of my list.

Just remember, Disney recommends nothing before 12:30. So you likely will be okay, but there is a chance you may miss your flight. Just make sure you have enough credit left on your credit card incase you have to rebook at the airport on the later, more expensive flight.
I think the thing you have to remember is, the early flights are cheaper because the heaviest load of the day at Orlando Airport is after noon from all the cruise passengers. Must be unique to airports close to ports, because I just got back from Canada, and the early morning flights were the most expensive, and the afternoon flights were cheaper (by $100 a ticket RT)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter