Officiant Reviews please! Looking for a religious ceremony!

sunkist867

Earning My Ears
I have searched the dis and have many forums on brides looking for officiants with non religious ceremonies but can anyone help me find an officiant that is good with the more standard religious cermonies?

My fiance and I are catholic and are having a blessing of the vows after our Disney wedding so it is recognized by the church (his uncle is a priest and cannot marry us at Disney due to the Orlando Diocese but will perform the catholic blessing later at home, yay!) But we are looking for an officiant that has a ceremony that incorporates many traditional elements such as readings, prayers, blessing of rings, etc. Anyone else want a traditional religious ceremony? Any other catholic disbrides who found an officiant that performed almost the same ceremony minus the eucharist?

Thanks in advance lovely brides!:goodvibes

I am not Catholic and so cannot speak to those questions, but I would highly recommend Jack Day as an officiant. We had him for our October wedding and he was fantastic. We had a religious ceremony, and it was beautiful. We had prayers, readings, a homily, blessing of the rings, etc. Reverend Day is great about accommodating your requests and ideas. My guess is that most ministers are thrilled to incorporate religious elements into the ceremony.

We had a Catholic ceremony (not mass obviously!) at the WP and used Rev. Tim Herring. He was wonderful! He provides you with a book that lays out the structure of a Catholic ceremony, and then you pick your readings, vows, etc.

We used Rev. Jack Day and I can't say enough great things about him. When we first signed up with him he sent us several different options of ceremony's. One was a Catholic version (as Catholic as it was allowed to be outside of a Catholic church). It is actually very beautiful and we almost chose it as our ceremony but decided to write our own by picking and pulling from ones that we liked to make it more personal. Definitely look into Rev. Day you won't be sorry. :)

Another vote for Rev. Jack Day! :banana:

We had for our VR last April and even though we didn't do the "traditional" Catholic ceremony - he did send us different options to choose from. We too (like the PP) selected portions from the options he sent and created our own informal ceremony.

He's very easy going and will work with you for whatever type of ceremony you would like.

This is great info - I am looking at doing a VR and we are Catholic - he sounds perfect!

Don't know what your plans are, but if you're not set on the ceremony being on Disney property, you can have your uncle marry you at a local Catholic church with or without full Mass and have the reception only on property.

We had this same situation with our daughter when she was married in Disney 4 years ago.

We used Rev. Tim Herring and he sent us a book and we chose the Catholic Readings we wanted and other elements as well, He did a wonderful job.

They then had a Catholic ceremony later on.

Google him I believe he has a website.

Good Luck, Lori

Thank you very much everyone! We did book Rev. Tim Herring after reading about his catholic ceremony. We will also be doing a church ceremony when we get back home :)

Rev Jack Day!!!
We used him for our vow renewal in October and he was wonderful! We are catholic but I did not want a religious ceremony. I sent the Rev a vow renewal ceremony that I found myself and he did a beautiful job personalizing it for us.
I can't say enough about how great he was.
Good luck.

So nice to read that Rev. Jack Day is still recommended. He performed our ceremony 6 years ago and I'll never forget how beautifully he handled my mom's passing (she died unexpectedly just 4 months before our wedding). He is a dear man and made our day all the more special!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter