• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wine & Dine 2014

Anyone staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort? Stopped by Walmart and bought a cheap plastic poncho and a plastic painter's drop cloth for any rain conditions...certainly won't run in the poncho, way too hot, but if the rain starts before the race, hopefully it will help...thinking about bringing plastic bags to cover shoes ahead of time as well... David
97 cent ponchos! Did the same!

Couple questions...
What are the green wristbands in our packets for? I see no mention of them in the program.
Is there a place to get safety pins at the start? I dumped out my stuff and realized there were none in my packet.

What is the latest we can turn in our checked gear bags in before race time?..depending on the weather..I may want to keep my cover clothing on right until race time... So just want to prepare...

Did get to meet a few fellow runners/wheel chair racer at the Banana Cabana at Caribbean beach resort...carb loading- liquid style...:cool1:

Thanks

David

Couple questions...
What are the green wristbands in our packets for? I see no mention of them in the program.
Is there a place to get safety pins at the start? I dumped out my stuff and realized there were none in my packet.

You have to wear the green wristband to the race. My pins were in the bag check bag when I got my shirt... Did you check there? In a small clear ziplock bag.

Anyone else staying at Art of Animation? I asked the front desk to make sure but since there are no buses going to WWOS we're going to hitch a cab down the street around 9:45 am if anyone would like to join :) pity there are no walking sidewalks!

I loved how it not humid today! And the night was pretty chilly. I forgot my wicking jacket so I'll need to pick one up at the expo tomorrow! Can't wait!

On the bus for the 5k and made the stupid/brave decision not to wear a jacket.

Had a great time this morning! DH and I were so proud of ourselves and are enjoying some rest back at the hotel now. It started out sooo cold, but it turned into such a great morning.

Anyone know where we can see our pics they took throughout the race?

Hey guys quick question. Is there a bus that goes from the start to Epcot from WWOS after we start. My parents are interested in seeing me start but I wanted to check on them getting back to Epcot.

Hey guys quick question. Is there a bus that goes from the start to Epcot from WWOS after we start. My parents are interested in seeing me start but I wanted to check on them getting back to Epcot.

Yes! I heard it straight from the run Disney guys during his talk today. Spectators at start will have bus transportation to Epcot

Make sure you bring some ponchos or plastic down to the start corrals. Looking at the upstream radar does not present a pretty picture. Let's just hope for a steady light rain tonight if anything!

Make sure you bring some ponchos or plastic down to the start corrals. Looking at the upstream radar does not present a pretty picture. Let's just hope for a steady light rain tonight if anything!

I have been watching the hourly forecast all day... Time to leave Magic Kingdom and get off of my feet for a while....Good Luck Everyone!!!

David

We decided to not go to party. Back at warmer-than-outside resort. Might never dry out. :)

Neat course.

Exhausted.

Omg worst conditions I have ever run in. I finish mere seconds before the ballon ladies. My whole body hurts. this was my first half but my friend who did a 100 miler said her body hurt worse than after that.

I finished in the time I was planning, but I'm so chilled to the bone, even after taking a hot shower. I stuck around the after party and rode Soarin twice, but it took so long to find a decent place to change out of the wet clothes and the bag check line was slow, so it was after 2am when I finally got in.

All in all, I enjoyed the race, but my shoes and clothes are soaked through (like everyone else). The course through three parks was fun; love AK and Hollywood Studio; part in between was the worst for me. Glad to have completed a half marathon--it was my New Years resolution to run a long distance race this year, and I did two. I don't think I'm hooked on RunDisney races, although they do pull off an impressive feat. I'm more a one and done; it just lucked out we were already there this past week. And now I'm at the airport to go home.

And hats off to the volunteers, CMs, and guests cheering on the racers. It meant a lot.

Well we finished with just 10 people behind us it was the first time I have ever seen/heard the balloon ladies. Jaws helping my mom finish her first half. I now understand the ballon ladies fear.

First half marathon, so I'm bummed with the weather because that was miserable. But the course was awesome, as well as the cast, and my fellow runners. Everyone was so positive! It was a rough go, but I finished. Woo hoo!

Ok who has done a half before and can tell if this is not how they all are. I was doing amazing and then at mile 7 my body just was screaming no more. I walked from 7 to the finish. The blisters are so big on the bottoms of my feet and I am sore all over. I normally bounce back from 10 milers even on a bad run but IDK if I'm going to be able to shake this pain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter