Official Wine & Dine 2014

Not at all! In fact, it's VERY realistic :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Running in the Rain

I do a lot of that down here in FL, so I'll share my tips...

~hat/visor with a brim will help keep rain out of eyes

~wet shoes are inevitable: be sure you have good socks that do't cause friction, as that will magnify when wet. To dry shoes after, remove insoles and stuff with newspaper. Keep replacing newspaper every few hours until it's not coming out soaked anymore. (I generally only have to replace it once or twice.)

~wicking, tech fabrics hold less water than natural fibers like cotton. Aside from reducing chances of chafing, they'll also weigh less when wet.

~bring throwaway stuff to stay dry(ish) pre-race: poncho, plastic bags over shoes, an extra shirt/jacket/sweatshirt to ward off chill, an old umbrella, etc.

~pay attention to your running surface/s! Wet traffic striping is slippery. So are speed bumps. And wooden boardwalks. And half the paths in AK. And especially grass - our grass also hold lots of water, so if it's been raining awhile, what looks like even ground may be a foot-deep puddle.

~med tents have Vaseline - which is great if you start chafing from wet clothes/shoes.

~warm, dry clothes into which to change post-race will feel wonderful!

I'll add to this VERY good list:

extra socks.

And even if the forecast changes between now and then, pack the rain stuff (as in, in your suitcase etc) just in case. I've been prepared for rain the last three years and fortunately, I didn't need it.

Good luck everyone!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it. I'll see you there next year for sure!

Can someone tell me how large the provided clear gear bags are? I have a soccer sack bag with drawstrings that I use to carry running gear on my back...so would prefer to use this style post race to walk around with... So would I be able to simply put my bag into the clear bag to check in?

Thanks

Please forgive me if this has already been addressed but I simply have not had the time to read through all pages of this thread. I did a search and I did read through some stuff but haven't seen this addressed.

My dh, dd and ds are all running the half marathon. I'm the cheering squad. We also have another young friend who's coming with us, but he's running the 5k on Saturday morning. This is our first time doing a run at WDW. They have all done them at DLR, and they're excited about getting the Coast to Coast medals.

We bought me a ticket for the post race party, but we didn't think of getting one for our friend. Now it's sold out. Does anyone know if there's a way to get a ticket once you get there? Do people typically have extras for sale?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

there's a very large group on Facebook - Team #runDisney

I'd join that group and post that you need a ticket. Someone sold two this morning there.

Can someone tell me how large the provided clear gear bags are? I have a soccer sack bag with drawstrings that I use to carry running gear on my back...so would prefer to use this style post race to walk around with... So would I be able to simply put my bag into the clear bag to check in?

Thanks

HUGE! I fit a full backpack in there, along with a foam roller :)

Latest Weather.com forecast has a ZERO percent of rain Saturday night. (translation: it will rain like it did on Noah!).

Well they are saying it'll rain Sunday not Saturday. Just going to depend on how fast the front moves I guess. Plan for rain but maybe we'll run dry.

Not a fan of the merch at all.. Really hate their version of mickey..

it is kind of a vintage Mickey look.

Will there be other shirts? I'm looking for something that says RUN DISNEY in a long sleeve shirt. Like what they have there but it's short sleeved and grey.

it is kind of a vintage Mickey look. Will there be other shirts? I'm looking for something that says RUN DISNEY in a long sleeve shirt. Like what they have there but it's short sleeved and grey.

They usually have a bunch of merchandise. What they showed in the pics was basically a preview we'll see everything at the expo.

I personally like the Mickey but that's me.

They usually have a bunch of merchandise. What they showed in the pics was basically a preview we'll see everything at the expo.

I personally like the Mickey but that's me.

Can you ballpark prices for me? Long sleeve T-shirt that says RUN DISNEY would be about...? How much?

It's almost time! I am running the 5K Saturday morning. Staying at Beach Club and plan on getting on that first 5am bus. I heard somewhere that you should be at the bus stop 20 minutes BEFORE the bus. Should I plan on that or not needed? :confused3
TIA
sss

I love way too many thing on sale this year! Plus, DH is taking our DD to a park so I am shopping alone- eek! (At this time the car magnetic is the only thing I am not crazy about)

I am starting to freak about rain. I do not run in the rain so I have zero rain gear. I have a jacket with a hood, no hat though. If the weather still looks bad what should I buy? A real running raincoat? Just a hat? Or just get wet and change?

It's almost time! I am running the 5K Saturday morning. Staying at Beach Club and plan on getting on that first 5am bus. I heard somewhere that you should be at the bus stop 20 minutes BEFORE the bus. Should I plan on that or not needed? :confused3
TIA
sss

I haven't stayed at Beach Club before the race, but I have stayed at 3 other race hotels. Generally speaking, there will be a line for the buses on race night. If you are not there before they officially start you will likely be waiting a bit. You might not even get on the first bus.

So it is either get there a bit early and wait or get there on time and maybe wait a bit more.

You will be fine as long as you are starting out toward the beginning of the busing time. I would strongly recommend that you not wait too long. The buses do get backed up in the traffic and people have missed them before.

The pre-race party is entertaining. Get there early and enjoy it. :banana:

Latest models (an ever changing solution, but getting better as we get closer) has the greatest threat for rain (sustained that is) after midnight extending into Sunday morning. This would keep most of the race dry, but I would still plan on having some rain gear just in case!

So what is the best strategy if not staying at a race resort? We are at OKW and I think getting to SSR is going to be harder than I thought. For the 5k and half.

What if you have a car? Where's the best place my wife can drop me for shortest lines and quickest transport ? There's no drop off at ESPN unfortunately.

I have a extra ticket for the after party. I'm arriving in town Saturday.
If you are interested please let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter