• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wine & Dine 2014

I have 2 tickets to the party that need a new home. Send me message if you are interested. I bought in May so they are entry priced...

Thanks for posting. I was thinking at work we are 30 days out...where are the waivers.

I am in H. Last W&D I finished 2:39., while I wouldn't mind beating it, I love stopping and talking pictures. I am doing the Atlantic City half next weekend, I am hoping to have a better time
since I doubt there will be characters or Osbourne lights :)

E for the half, but an running with friends so I will start in I. Pretty sure I'm in A for the 5K...??!?!?!!?!!?

I'm assigned to E for the half (exactly where I was last year). Running with friends so I'll start in I.

Pretty sure I will be in A for the 5K based off of my bib number. I'm pretty sure they just assign JJ5K bibs based on when people sign up for the race, because I REALLY do not belong in corral A. But yay for shorter character lines! :)

Corral E-- would love to see if any other solo runners are there also...family not able to be there...so going to make the best of it..:thumbsup2

David

I was put in the last corral. I submitted at time of 2:48:00.
I have no idea why? Not very happy about this.
My daughter who has the exact same time is in corral I.
:confused3

Let's talk about getting around...

I'm thinking of renting a car. We're in the All Star Sports (i know, I know) and their food court is closed. Need to get to bkfast Saturday morning. Then need to get to Wide World of Sports - I'm assuming I can drive over there and park for packet pickup?

What about in the evening? Can DW drive me WW of Sports and drop me off for the race?

I've done Disney's busses and that works but I know you can end up waiting a long time. Ideas? Suggestions?

Let's talk about getting around... I'm thinking of renting a car. We're in the All Star Sports (i know, I know) and their food court is closed. Need to get to bkfast Saturday morning. Then need to get to Wide World of Sports - I'm assuming I can drive over there and park for packet pickup? What about in the evening? Can DW drive me WW of Sports and drop me off for the race? I've done Disney's busses and that works but I know you can end up waiting a long time. Ideas? Suggestions?
Can you drive to the expo - yes

Can you get dropped off at WWoS the night of the race - no. See the program for more info...If AS sports is a Host resort just take a bus to the start or have your wife drop you off at Epcot and take the shuttle to the start from there

I did see that - they must think people have been cheating the system. I know there's facial recognition software that Disney utilizes on the cruise ships so maybe it's something like that.

I hope there isn't a back-up for people receiving their C2C medal 1 month from today (!!!!).

I don't think that's a flame-worthy question. :)

For me, I'll be wearing mine to the after-party and then all day the day after the race (Sunday). Monday maybe, not sure sure. Definitely wear it though, if you want to - in 2011 I did the Princess Half with my brother and I wore the medal afterward...he didn't (just didn't realize that people did that) and regretted it. The next year after we did the marathon he didn't take the medal off for the rest of the weekend. :)

I'm not sure whether I'll wear it to the airport but either way I won't check it because (sadly) I've heard of people getting their medals stolen out of their luggage! :eek:

So for me, once the trip is over I won't wear it anymore and it'll go up on the wall with my other medals.

Me! I'm one of those who will be getting the C2C in a month! After doing local races with no where to wear the medal, for me the fact that you can wear your Disney medal after the race to the parks is part of what makes the cost "worth it" to be. Cast members usually say something about it, you give the cool nod to other people you see wearing them- it's just fun. Or maybe my life it just that sad. :rolleyes1
And lately I've been having to fly out the day of the race and security always chats me up about the medal at the airport. They like seeing them and it's fun to share the experience.
I need to find a place for all my medals to go. Right now they are just sitting in a drawer.

Corral D! Whoo hoo! My proof of time was a 2:04 half marathon so I barely squeaked into that corral :lmao:

I'm in H, thanks to running a 10 mile race in May with a decent time for me. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to train as much as I had hoped for the W&D, so I'm thankful for the extra cushion and will try to get to the front/side of the corral for the start. After the race, we have to get to the Tampa airport for an 8:30am flight. Going to be an all nighter I guess. Eek!

I'm in I, my friend is in H! Which means she's in I since she says she'll stay with me.

Strawberry's mom&dad, that's very weird! Maybe it's worth a shot to contact rundisney tomorrow?

And just when my training was starting to get better I realize my injury from a week ago is still healing.

The good news is after causing me mass confusion (I thought like there was a bruised spot but there was no bruise). I finally figured out what it is. The bad news is that what it is means I'm out of training for the next several days until it heals. And considering I all ready missed several days of training when I thought this was something else this is highly annoying.

I somehow strained a hip muscle. And somewhere along the way I developed hip bursitis. Probably during last weeks half. The pain on the side which I thought was some strange hip bruise I now realize is the bursa sac on the outside. Which also just happens to be my sleeping side!

On top of everything I'm taking a dance class. And I'm betting now this isn't healed by Monday so I am going to have a fun time explaining to that teacher about why I have to sit out or at least limit my dancing.

On the other hand knowing what it is. What causes it and why I am having this pain means I know when it finally goes away.

Also thankfully I'm usually a fast healer. So as long as I mostly stay off of this I should be back at my training probably within a week or two.

Still annoying.

On a final note anyone had this before and have recommendations on how to combat it besides the usual RICE?

And just when my training was starting to get better I realize my injury from a week ago is still healing. The good news is after causing me mass confusion (I thought like there was a bruised spot but there was no bruise). I finally figured out what it is. The bad news is that what it is means I'm out of training for the next several days until it heals. And considering I all ready missed several days of training when I thought this was something else this is highly annoying. I somehow strained a hip muscle. And somewhere along the way I developed hip bursitis. Probably during last weeks half. The pain on the side which I thought was some strange hip bruise I now realize is the bursa sac on the outside. Which also just happens to be my sleeping side! On top of everything I'm taking a dance class. And I'm betting now this isn't healed by Monday so I am going to have a fun time explaining to that teacher about why I have to sit out or at least limit my dancing. On the other hand knowing what it is. What causes it and why I am having this pain means I know when it finally goes away. Also thankfully I'm usually a fast healer. So as long as I mostly stay off of this I should be back at my training probably within a week or two. Still annoying. On a final note anyone had this before and have recommendations on how to combat it besides the usual RICE?

I have bursitis in my hip. Hip strengthening work and stretching and foam rolling will help for the long haul. My doctor gave me a cortisone shot in the middle of my half marathon season last spring and that enabled me to finish out the last three halfs I had.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm in H, thanks to running a 10 mile race in May with a decent time for me. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to train as much as I had hoped for the W&D, so I'm thankful for the extra cushion and will try to get to the front/side of the corral for the start. After the race, we have to get to the Tampa airport for an 8:30am flight. Going to be an all nighter I guess. Eek!

Wow- That is going to be a long night:thumbsup2...Not going home until Monday for me...

David

Sorry if this has been asked but, are the corral assignments listed for both races? We're doing the 5K and I'm looking at the list wondering if it is the same for both races or if this is just for the half.

Then need to get to Wide World of Sports - I'm assuming I can drive over there and park for packet pickup?
Yep! Plenty of parking at WWOS.

What about in the evening? Can DW drive me WW of Sports and drop me off for the race?
Nope; no parking/dropping at WWOS. Is she going to the after-party and will meet you there after the race? If so, you'll both go to EP, where she'll park. You'll then take a bus to WWOS for the start. If she's not going to EP, you can either take the hotel race bus direct to WWOS, or your wife can drop you at EP and you'll take a bus from there to WWOS.

On a final note anyone had this before and have recommendations on how to combat it besides the usual RICE?
Yes, I was in the same situation this time last year! Honestly, time off and targeted massage to the connective tissue (NOT on the inflamed bursa!) are what worked. The pain was pretty bad a few weeks before TOT, so I went for a shot of cortisone... and wound up with a whopping case of cortisone flare. No joke, the pain was so excruciating, I couldn't walk at all for 24 hours; had to crawl to the bathroom. It eased up over a few days and I was able to start walking in place of running a week later. I was running 2 weeks later. But I've had residual problems form the injection ever since: that shot has to go through a LOT of tissue and some big muscles, and the damage from that has taken a long time to heal. I wouldn't do it again. In the end, my doc felt that the shot itself didn't do all that much to help, and that what really did help was the time off... which was aided by being in too much pain from the shot to move, lol! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter