Official Wine & Dine 2014

you get Magic Bands with a room only reservation as well, not just a package. I would suggest contacting a certified Disney Travel Agent. They should be able to help you decide which is your best option for you.

With working with mine, we booked a package at Coronado Springs with Free Dining (yay for long vacations). Upon arrival, I will be upgrading my ticket media to a Premier Pass as I am going to DLR the following weekend for the Avengers Half and again in January for the Star Wars Rebel Challenge Races.

Thanks for the suggestions! :) I was also planning to upgrade the WDW annual pass to premier upon my next visit to Disneyland for Star Wars. It's such a great idea since you won't need to make the big (now over $1,000) payment at once. I'll call a Disney Travel Agent to see if there are any deals they know of. There was a deal on Orbitz but that charged the whole balance at once and immediately so I didn't go for that one.

I'm doing my first 10k at the end of this month. I've already done a 5k and am doing another 5k next week. But I'm sloowww. Is there any benefit to me submitting my proof of time from the 10k if my average mile is longer than 16mins? Right now I'm averaging a 17 minute mile. Using the galloway method and hoping to speed it up by November but am afraid to be in the last corral and not even have time for a bathroom break.

I'm doing my first 10k at the end of this month. I've already done a 5k and am doing another 5k next week. But I'm sloowww. Is there any benefit to me submitting my proof of time from the 10k if my average mile is longer than 16mins? Right now I'm averaging a 17 minute mile. Using the galloway method and hoping to speed it up by November but am afraid to be in the last corral and not even have time for a bathroom break.

Hi! Good luck at your 10k! I did my first non-Disney chipped event to submit an earlier proof of time but I will say that no it is not worth it to submit a 10k time if your pace for it is over 16 minutes per mile for the 10k and the reason is that runDisney has Trackshack (where we submit our times to) tabulate 10k times with a formula that estimates your half marathon pace as slower than your 10k.

For example:
Estimated finish time for a half marathon with a 16:00 minute per mile pace is 3:30
Estimated finish time for a half marathon with a 14:50 minute per mile pace is 3:15

But, with the algorithm they use for assuming you would run a half marathon slower per mile than you would a 10k you would have to complete your 10k with a pace of 14:15 minutes per mile. or faster. If you achieve that or faster on your 10k you will have the perfect time to submit, otherwise it may not give you the resulting estimated time you want (the 10k I ran this month was at 15:30 minutes per mile but the algorithm returned an estimated finish time OVER 3:30 which wasn't what I expected since a 16 minute mile should have been 3:30, so now I know for the future!).

Hope this helps! My first half was Tink and I didn't have any proof of time and I wasn't in the very last corral (but second to last) so you never know :)

DH is running this in November. A friend of mine and I are going to the Spectator party while he runs. It'll be our (DH's and mine) first trip away from our daughter, and we're very excited to take full advantage of the F&W festival this year!

Question...the spectator party tickets allow entry to Epcot at 7pm, before the park closes to the public. If we link those tickets to MDE, will we be able to schedule FP+ between 7 and park close? Just trying to figure out how to plan our FP+s for the trip...thanks!

Hi! Good luck at your 10k! I did my first non-Disney chipped event to submit an earlier proof of time but I will say that no it is not worth it to submit a 10k time if your pace for it is over 16 minutes per mile for the 10k and the reason is that runDisney has Trackshack (where we submit our times to) tabulate 10k times with a formula that estimates your half marathon pace as slower than your 10k. For example: Estimated finish time for a half marathon with a 16:00 minute per mile pace is 3:30 Estimated finish time for a half marathon with a 14:50 minute per mile pace is 3:15 But, with the algorithm they use for assuming you would run a half marathon slower per mile than you would a 10k you would have to complete your 10k with a pace of 14:15 minutes per mile. or faster. If you achieve that or faster on your 10k you will have the perfect time to submit, otherwise it may not give you the resulting estimated time you want (the 10k I ran this month was at 15:30 minutes per mile but the algorithm returned an estimated finish time OVER 3:30 which wasn't what I expected since a 16 minute mile should have been 3:30, so now I know for the future!). Hope this helps! My first half was Tink and I didn't have any proof of time and I wasn't in the very last corral (but second to last) so you never know :)

Thanks for the advance! Better speed things up :)

Hi! Good luck at your 10k! I did my first non-Disney chipped event to submit an earlier proof of time but I will say that no it is not worth it to submit a 10k time if your pace for it is over 16 minutes per mile for the 10k and the reason is that runDisney has Trackshack (where we submit our times to) tabulate 10k times with a formula that estimates your half marathon pace as slower than your 10k.

For example:
Estimated finish time for a half marathon with a 16:00 minute per mile pace is 3:30
Estimated finish time for a half marathon with a 14:50 minute per mile pace is 3:15

But, with the algorithm they use for assuming you would run a half marathon slower per mile than you would a 10k you would have to complete your 10k with a pace of 14:15 minutes per mile. or faster. If you achieve that or faster on your 10k you will have the perfect time to submit, otherwise it may not give you the resulting estimated time you want (the 10k I ran this month was at 15:30 minutes per mile but the algorithm returned an estimated finish time OVER 3:30 which wasn't what I expected since a 16 minute mile should have been 3:30, so now I know for the future!).

Hope this helps! My first half was Tink and I didn't have any proof of time and I wasn't in the very last corral (but second to last) so you never know :)

My friend and I are running a 10K on Saturday for this specific reason. The Wine & Dine will be his first race. I want him to get a little bit of feeling about what race day is like as well as have a time to move him up from the last corral.

DH is running this in November. A friend of mine and I are going to the Spectator party while he runs. It'll be our (DH's and mine) first trip away from our daughter, and we're very excited to take full advantage of the F&W festival this year!

Question...the spectator party tickets allow entry to Epcot at 7pm, before the park closes to the public. If we link those tickets to MDE, will we be able to schedule FP+ between 7 and park close? Just trying to figure out how to plan our FP+s for the trip...thanks!

Last I heard they were still having issues with party tickets (MNSSHP, MVMCP, etc.).

jeanigor said:
Last I heard they were still having issues with party tickets (MNSSHP, MVMCP, etc.).

Issues in what way? Prioritizing the tickets? Even if we linked the tickets, couldn't we use the actual hard ticket we already received to enter the park and then just use the MB for fp+ (if it is available)? That should guarantee the correct ticket is used for entry, I'd think..

Issues in what way? Prioritizing the tickets? Even if we linked the tickets, couldn't we use the actual hard ticket we already received to enter the park and then just use the MB for fp+ (if it is available)? That should guarantee the correct ticket is used for entry, I'd think..

You would think....but Disney IT doesn't always follow a logical path of common sense.

jeanigor said:
You would think....but Disney IT doesn't always follow a logical path of common sense.

No other ticket is linked to the hard party ticket...so how could it deduct a day from a different ticket?

I have heard of the issues, but IIRC they were occurring when people linked party tickets and then used a MB, not the hard party ticket, to enter..

No other ticket is linked to the hard party ticket...so how could it deduct a day from a different ticket?

I have heard of the issues, but IIRC they were occurring when people linked party tickets and then used a MB, not the hard party ticket, to enter..

That is what I did, but the friends I was traveling with had issues somehow with it screwing up.

Hi, my DH and I are signed up! We are doing the Disneyland in August for our Coast to Coast this year, too. Just a question about the corrals. I submitted a 10:22 time for a 10K, does anyone have experience being in that corral for the race? How long are lines for character pics when one is that far back? My problem is I "fly and die" - I start out at sub 9 minute miles and then fade...

DH is a sub 7 minute miler, but he doesn't want pics..he wants to place in the military division. Such different priorities!

I forgot, how is the mile race? My son will be 5 on race day, but I am worried about it being chaotic for him. He has run a mile race before, but with his dad, and it wasn't crowded. Can an adult run with him?

Also is anyone staying at POR? Any suggestions? We've only stayed at AKL and Shades of Green

I forgot, how is the mile race? My son will be 5 on race day, but I am worried about it being chaotic for him. He has run a mile race before, but with his dad, and it wasn't crowded. Can an adult run with him?

Last year, my kids did the Mickey Mile. Yes, an adult can run with the kids. I ran it in with my DD when I saw she was loosing steam at about half the mile. Have fun!

I don't believe they will have fp+ for the party. The selections are only during normal park hours. I have not ridden any rides after the race as we go around world showcase to sample food and drinks, but I imagine you could get through most of the rides fairly quickly if you get there towards the beginning.

Can't wait! This is DH and my's first runDisney event! Our DD's are doing the kids races earlier in the day! Looking forward to catching up on the thread, hoping to learn tricks and tips from other runDisney veterans :goodvibes

I don't believe they will have fp+ for the party. The selections are only during normal park hours. I have not ridden any rides after the race as we go around world showcase to sample food and drinks, but I imagine you could get through most of the rides fairly quickly if you get there towards the beginning.

There hasn't been FP+ options (nor classic FP when it still existed) for hard ticketed events.

I've ridden Soarin' the past two or three years (whenever they started opening Future World for the party) after the race. There are very minimal lines for rides.

bigtony777 said:

I understand they don't have fp+ for thr party, which starts at 10. I was asking about the 2 hrs of regular park hours, from 7-9, because the party tickets allow you to enter before 10, just like MNSSHP tickets let you in at 4, while the park is open to thr public, when the party does not start til 7.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter