Official Wine & Dine 2014

What did you originally submit? If it's faster than what you originally submitted or if you didn't submit anything originally, I'd say yes, absolutely...I would definitely submit it! If nothing else it'll get you starting before all of the runners that will come in without submitting anything.

Great job on your race!!

Thanks! I didn't submit anything before because this was my first longer race, and I haven't run anything in years. I'll go ahead and submit this soon. :)

I was thinking about booking Art of Animation for this weekend, and utilizing Pop's buses. Does anyone know how far of a walk this would be ?

I was thinking about booking Art of Animation for this weekend, and utilizing Pop's buses. Does anyone know how far of a walk this would be ?

I don't know exactly how far the walk is but it isn't too far, you would just need to walk to walk over the bridge that connects the two. I am thinking of doing the same thing, but while it isn't a far walk on a normal day, it may seem like miles after doing a half marathon.

I don't know exactly how far the walk is but it isn't too far, you would just need to walk to walk over the bridge that connects the two. I am thinking of doing the same thing, but while it isn't a far walk on a normal day, it may seem like miles after doing a half marathon.

But it will be good to stretch out.

This isn't a perfect description, but I saw the walk to AOA from Pop as: dropped off in front, go through the main building, walk past the pool and past the buildings around the pool, cross the bridge and to your AOA building.

Anyone planning on going to a MVMCP on either the 7th or 10th? I am doing so many races I'm not sure I want to spend additional money but we've never been before during Christmas time. We've done the MNSSHP a few times and it's a lot of fun.

Wondering how long I can wait to decide? You think it will sell out before September?

Anyone planning on going to a MVMCP on either the 7th or 10th? I am doing so many races I'm not sure I want to spend additional money but we've never been before during Christmas time. We've done the MNSSHP a few times and it's a lot of fun. Wondering how long I can wait to decide? You think it will sell out before September?

We love the Christmas party. We've done it several times. The first night typically sells out, although not that quickly. The only time we went to the first night was also our last time. It was super crowded! Last year we attended the second night, and it was wonderful. I would definitely recommend attending the on 10th :)

We love the Christmas party. We've done it several times. The first night typically sells out, although not that quickly. The only time we went to the first night was also our last time. It was super crowded! Last year we attended the second night, and it was wonderful. I would definitely recommend attending the on 10th :)

I am sure it may be crowded due to it being Vetern's Day Weekend as well. Something else to think about.

Anyone planning on going to a MVMCP on either the 7th or 10th? I am doing so many races I'm not sure I want to spend additional money but we've never been before during Christmas time. We've done the MNSSHP a few times and it's a lot of fun.

Wondering how long I can wait to decide? You think it will sell out before September?

I'm not doing it on the 7th or 10th but I think I am going to do it on the 13th. As of right now my friend that I am going with is leaving the 12th and I am not leaving until the 14th so I thought it might be something nice to do solo and I can focus on taking a lot of pictures of the Christmas decorations.. I have never been during Christmas either and I think it is something that I would like to do at least once. I was talking to my co-worker yesterday who has gone and she said she did enjoy it, not only for the atmosphere but also that ability to do the rides with little to no wait times.

I've gone the past few years. It'll be my running partner's first time, so we are in for it.

I've gone the past few years. It'll be my running partner's first time, so we are in for it.
We are Disneyland locals and get to see Christmas for free every year. Do you know if it's the same Christmas Parade that they have a DL or is it way different? We would like to see it, but don't really want to spend the extra $150 for the night if it is that similar. We don't really do characters(weird, I know) so that is not a big pull for us. We would try to go to the 11-14 one of we decide to go. Thanks!

We are Disneyland locals and get to see Christmas for free every year. Do you know if it's the same Christmas Parade that they have a DL or is it way different? We would like to see it, but don't really want to spend the extra $150 for the night if it is that similar. We don't really do characters(weird, I know) so that is not a big pull for us. We would try to go to the 11-14 one of we decide to go. Thanks!

I don't know about the Christmas parade in DL, the year I had planned to go, I ended up in the hospital for the length of my trip. :(

I do know that there was very little if any lines for characters during the MNSSHP and MVMCP parties I attended last year. And the princesses had their princes with them. Lovely photos. It turned it into a Princess vacation.

regul8ter18 said:
well it is now 2014 so I thought I would start a thread.

What: Wine & Dine Half Marathon

When: November 7-8 2014

Where: Walt Disney World

This race will be part of my Coast to Coast for 2014. Wine & Dine was my first half ever in 2011 and I am excited to run it again.

Who else is in?

Courtney:sulley:

We went to the party last year with only a couple of weeks notice around the 9th or so. We also made our hotel reservation at that same point.

DL local here too and we went to MVMCP last December. The parade is similar to the one at DL, but it didn't feel identical. Also, for us, the Holiday Wishes fireworks make it totally worth it. But don't quote me; I am a Christmas/Disney freak. :)

Anybody know what time the MVMCP usually starts and when they start kicking everyone else out?

Anybody know what time the MVMCP usually starts and when they start kicking everyone else out?

You can usually enter MK at 4:00 on a party ticket. The party starts at 7:00. I've never seen them kick out people but the gentle herding begins for sure at 7:00. I have felt that by 8:30 it's mostly just Party guests.

Quick question: I ran my first 10 mile race today in 1:55:10, which is 11.5 minutes per mile. If I submit that time to RunDisney, is it fast enough to move up a few corrals at the Wine & Dine? Thanks!

Did you run Broad Street? I did it last year! Terrible to get to but a fun run! I submitted my Broad Street because it was faster than my half because didn't stop to take pictures with the characters in Phila...

DL local here too and we went to MVMCP last December. The parade is similar to the one at DL, but it didn't feel identical. Also, for us, the Holiday Wishes fireworks make it totally worth it. But don't quote me; I am a Christmas/Disney freak. :)

If we don't go, I wonder if you can see the MVMCP fireworks from Ca Grill? I would like to go though. We are also Disney freaks so I totally get that. My hubby won't know if he got the time off until August. It's killing me!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Did you run Broad Street? I did it last year! Terrible to get to but a fun run! I submitted my Broad Street because it was faster than my half because didn't stop to take pictures with the characters in Phila...

I did! Really great run! I ran right past Ed Rendell (former mayor/governor). Glad you liked it last year, too. I was happy with my time, since I was training at a 12.5-13 minute mile. I'd love to be in a higher coral at the Wine & Dine just to give me a little extra time for characters, etc.

Re: the MVMCP, we made a reservation for dinner at the last possible time for regular guests. Then we will take our time strolling out to see some of the party. We have premium annual passes right now, so we don't really want to pay for the party tickets though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter