• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wine & Dine 2014

Don't know when it expires?? I booked because it had " no cancellation " fee. Still trying to convince my hubby to go to Disney " again". Since I already registered for W&D and booked a room I hope he says yes!

THIS is hilarious. Good luck convincing your husband!

You guys, I almost blew it! Well, I did blow it. ;)

I missed open registration. I saw it stall out at 78% and figured I had at least another day. Logged in the next day, SOLD OUT! :::cue sad tears:::

I contacted the travel partners and found a good-ish deal to stay at an All-Star, and my running roomie said sure, she'd split the room cost (we had initially planned to do some camping to save money, ha!), since she already registered for the race.

Theeeen...she emailed me to say to hold off on doing it, because she might have news. And news she had!

She won a trip for herself and a guest - race registration, airfare, rooms, park tickets, and a gift card - and she asked me to go with her!!!! OMG!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I can't believe it! I signed the paperwork today so it's a done deal! Four days and the race for FREE!!!!!!

You guys, I almost blew it! Well, I did blow it. ;) I missed open registration. I saw it stall out at 78% and figured I had at least another day. Logged in the next day, SOLD OUT! :::cue sad tears::: I contacted the travel partners and found a good-ish deal to stay at an All-Star, and my running roomie said sure, she'd split the room cost (we had initially planned to do some camping to save money, ha!), since she already registered for the race. Theeeen...she emailed me to say to hold off on doing it, because she might have news. And news she had! She won a trip for herself and a guest - race registration, airfare, rooms, park tickets, and a gift card - and she asked me to go with her!!!! OMG!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: I can't believe it! I signed the paperwork today so it's a done deal! Four days and the race for FREE!!!!!!

Oh what wonderful luck! Very happy for you!!!

You guys, I almost blew it! Well, I did blow it. ;) I missed open registration. I saw it stall out at 78% and figured I had at least another day. Logged in the next day, SOLD OUT! :::cue sad tears::: I contacted the travel partners and found a good-ish deal to stay at an All-Star, and my running roomie said sure, she'd split the room cost (we had initially planned to do some camping to save money, ha!), since she already registered for the race. Theeeen...she emailed me to say to hold off on doing it, because she might have news. And news she had! She won a trip for herself and a guest - race registration, airfare, rooms, park tickets, and a gift card - and she asked me to go with her!!!! OMG!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: I can't believe it! I signed the paperwork today so it's a done deal! Four days and the race for FREE!!!!!!

Congrats!! Nothing's better than a free racecation :)

I missed open registration. I saw it stall out at 78% and figured I had at least another day. Logged in the next day, SOLD OUT! :::cue sad tears:::

I contacted the travel partners and found a good-ish deal to stay at an All-Star, and my running roomie said sure, she'd split the room cost (we had initially planned to do some camping to save money, ha!), since she already registered for the race.

Theeeen...she emailed me to say to hold off on doing it, because she might have news. And news she had!

She won a trip for herself and a guest - race registration, airfare, rooms, park tickets, and a gift card - and she asked me to go with her!!!! OMG!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I can't believe it! I signed the paperwork today so it's a done deal! Four days and the race for FREE!!!!!!

Wow!!! That is so amazing!! Where did your friend enter a contest that included race registration? I've never seen anything like that before! So cool!!!

This might be a silly question, but if you book through Orbitz can you link your reservation in MDE?
Yep! I book through Travelocity all the time - I just use the reservation number I get through there to link my red to MDE. Easy!

This might be a silly question, but if you book through Orbitz can you link your reservation in MDE?

I got my hotel confirmation number from Orbitz today and I was able to link it to MDE without any problems. :cheer2:

Hi all! I'm in for Wine and Dine again this year. Can't wait to get to know you all a little better as we get ready for this awesome event. :cool1:

I can't believe how quickly this race sold out. I just registered through a charity. Does anyone know if I'll get a confirmation from rundisney of registering? I checked on the site and it says no registration found. I'm the paranoid type and I need to see confirmation:)

Jennifer
Glad you got a spot and that's awesome that you are running for charity! :)

In the past when I had signed up for runDisney races using the Chase Visa links, the registration confirmation wouldn't work for me. Turns out I had to go through a different link because I registered in a different way, and it was still there. I wonder if it's something like that for you?

Did you get a confirmation from Active.com?

That is so awesome! Congratulations to you and your friend! :yay:

Glad you got a spot and that's awesome that you are running for charity! :) In the past when I had signed up for runDisney races using the Chase Visa links, the registration confirmation wouldn't work for me. Turns out I had to go through a different link because I registered in a different way, and it was still there. I wonder if it's something like that for you? Did you get a confirmation from Active.com? That is so awesome! Congratulations to you and your friend! :yay:

Thanks, I'm glad I got in too. I registered through the charity page, not active.com

Jennifer

I got the confirmation email but when I log in to view my registration I get a message saying:

Attention! You are not authorized to view this registration.

:confused3:confused3:confused3

Right, I know, but (and I could be wrong) I think Active.com handles all of the registrations regardless. :)

I tried active.com and rundisney confirmation link and nothing is found on either place. Guess I'll just have to email the charity. Thanks for the help.

Jennifer

Does anyone know whether or not Yacht Club is a host resort? It is listed on the Run Disney site, but when I called for rates, they did not have it listed. I am so annoyed that I did all the research and planning, chose a resort, and now it may not be a host resort! Either way, how long/scary/dangerous would the walk be if I stay at Yacht Club and catch the expo/race buses to and from Beach Club? I appreciate any help!

Does anyone know whether or not Yacht Club is a host resort? It is listed on the Run Disney site, but when I called for rates, they did not have it listed. I am so annoyed that I did all the research and planning, chose a resort, and now it may not be a host resort! Either way, how long/scary/dangerous would the walk be if I stay at Yacht Club and catch the expo/race buses to and from Beach Club? I appreciate any help!

It's listed as a host resort on runDisney.com in the travel section. :confused3

Personally I wouldn't book a package through runDisney. You'll probably save more money if a room discount comes out.

How long/scary/dangerous is the walk to Beach Club - the resorts are connected...
yachtbeach.jpg

Walk is less than 5 minutes and not at all scary/dangerous.

Does anyone know whether or not Yacht Club is a host resort? It is listed on the Run Disney site, but when I called for rates, they did not have it listed. I am so annoyed that I did all the research and planning, chose a resort, and now it may not be a host resort!

Did you call runDisney for the rates, or did you call the resorts? I believe only runDisney will have the rates available; if that is who you called, then it could be possible that they've already sold out of their allotment of discounted rooms for that resort. :confused3

It's listed as a host resort on runDisney.com in the travel section. :confused3

Personally I wouldn't book a package through runDisney. You'll probably save more money if a room discount comes out.

Just be aware that there is no guarantee of a discount, or that any discounts will be greater than what's being offered by runDisney right now. And with the runDisney reservation, you can change or cancel without penalty up to 45 days prior to your arrival. We're hopeful that a better rate will come available, but we still booked a room through runDisney so that we wouldn't miss out on any discount at all and have the security of knowing we have a room in place; for our arrival on November 7 we have until September 23 to see if something better becomes available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter